•   
  • 510(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Has anyone compared the latest Nvidia Shield's "AI" upscaling to DSPlayer/madVR upscaling?  I wasn't able to do a side-by-side comparison.. but I have to admit, I was really impressed by what Nvidia had to offer.
Nvidia's upscaling includes some edge enhancement/sharpening, so it isn't true upscaling per se. It is really upscaling + sharpening.

I haven't seen it in action, however. But you can't really expect it to compete with NGU Sharp very high using the maximum number of neural networks supported by a high-end GPU like the Nvidia RTX series. Those extra calculations combined with a shader tuned to be as sharp as possible would likely produce a superior upscaled image.
I know it has been long known that DS Player can't play bluray iso. So if you want to play 3D iso, there are playercorefactory settings and batch files to load external players. However, I know DSPlayer can play 3D just fine on its own using lavfilters and madVR. I have tried MK3D, full bluray folders and externally mounted iso (before opening Kodi), and it plays 3D very well. With 17.7 BetterGUI, there are no issues switching to 3d as well.

However, I would like to keep the option of storing my 3D movies in ISO (for a number of reasons) and use Kodi DSPlayer to playback 3D. I was wondering if there is a way that a batch file can be made to mount ISO from Kodi, (as one would do for external player) return to kodi and play with kodi, or if an addon exists.

Thanks.
anyone else gets 404 api.thetvdb.com errors when adding new shows?
Code:
18:42:03.228 T:5928 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://api.thetvdb.com/series/361868/im...anguage=de 18:42:03.228 T:5928 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
  •   
  • 510(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 47 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows4.4347
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.