• 513(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
I guess for my needs, if I could get meta-data scraping, artwork and subtitles with external apps, with the possibility to automate the process with scripts, I could continue using the current version. Not as nice of course.
Hello,

I've been searching for days about this, and there is so much information it's confusing me.  You guys seem to be the experts (and may have alternatives) so I thought I'd ask here.

I'd like to enable motion interpolation for everything.  I tried a build of potplayer that had it built in and I love the effect, but I'd like the library and couchability of Kodi to go with it.  From what I've read, that would mean Kodi DSP > madVR > SVP.  Would this work for HDR as well, including HDR passthrough to my TV?  Are there any better alternatives to SVP for motion interpolation?  The potplayer build I was using used an avisynth filter, and although the motion interpolation was ok, the colours seemed washed out (the black bars weren't black, for one thing).

Sorry if I'm asking daft questions - I've been reading loads of forums about all this and it's a bit confusing, especially as some are from 7 years ago and I imagine things have moved on since then.

Steve
DSPlayer is DirectShow, so yes, you can use SVP. Whether SVP handles HDR or not has to do with SVP. I don't have practical experience of HDR (still no screen for it here), so I can't try that for you.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-09-18, 23:54)nerto Wrote: Hi,

Can xbmc.RenderCapture() used with dsplayer in python script?

hi,

i couldn't find an answer to this question but would need some information too. if not, is there an alternative to it?
Hi there,
until now I run a Krypton bulid with DSPlayer and decent frame interpolation on an old WIN7 PC.
But yesterday I got some time and a bad idea to (finally) upgrade to Win10 as I am a modern guy Wink
OK, the Kodi build doesn't survice this update with several errors and so I got a further bad idea to update my Kodi to Leia 18.9 (as I read about the Matrix problem with addons and Python3).
I finally got a working Leia build on a Win10 PC with some trouble by using addons as I always got ‘Failed to Install a Dependency’ errors (which I never saw for about 15 years since xbmc and several upgraded versions of xbmc and then kodi until nowadays)...

Now to the topic (sorry for the long intro) As I want to watch my first movie on this new build I got a shocking realisation, that my dsplayer was gone *shock*... no SVP support, madVR and frame interpolation on my beamer anymore Sad
So I need a little recommendation from the profs over here, what should I do? Is there are any possibility to use DsPlayer with Leia or maybe Matrix?
My goal is a (almost actual) system, because I wouldn't spent a lot of work for rebuilding my old setup, but with frame interpolation as this was nessessary for my beamer usage.

thx in advance
Mario
@Honko
In short: If you want to keep using DirectShow filters like SVP/MadVR with Kodi, you _have_ to stick with Kodi DSPlayer 17.6 from this thread or the updated Kodi DSPlayer 17.7 from this other thread (maybe have a read regarding the usage of external LAVFilters from 2020/2021 , which solve many issues with modern audio tracks and more).
As far as indications go, there most likely won't be a version of Kodi which supports DirectShow filters again for Kodi 18, 19 and even 20.

Regarding your switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have switched a while ago and have good results with Windows 10 build "20H2" x64. Maybe avoid builds like the previous "2004" which had issues which affect DSPlayer (and similar applications) + LAVFilters usage.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2021-02-14, 19:04)axbmcuser Wrote: @Honko
In short: If you want to keep using DirectShow filters like SVP/MadVR with Kodi, you _have_ to stick with Kodi DSPlayer 17.6 from this thread or the updated Kodi DSPlayer 17.7 from this other thread (maybe have a read regarding the usage of external LAVFilters from 2020/2021 , which solve many issues with modern audio tracks and more).
As far as indications go, there most likely won't be a version of Kodi which supports DirectShow filters again for Kodi 18, 19 and even 20.

Regarding your switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have switched a while ago and have good results with Windows 10 build "20H2" x64. Maybe avoid builds like the previous "2004" which had issues which affect DSPlayer (and similar applications) + LAVFilters usage.
thx a lot axbmcuser!
Nothing I want to hear, but I thing I must face the truth... now I can think about my further decisions. Its not a quality issue for me, but I need frame interpolation... Is there any way to use frame interpolation (without dsplayer) with Leia or Matrix and the build in Player? Otherwise I have no chance other than to go back to Krypton...
(2021-02-14, 19:55)Honko Wrote: Is there any way to use frame interpolation (without dsplayer) with Leia or Matrix and the build in Player?
There isn't.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2021-02-15, 02:51)ashlar Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 19:55)Honko Wrote: Is there any way to use frame interpolation (without dsplayer) with Leia or Matrix and the build in Player?
There isn't.
thx for clear answer!
I was a Kodi/Emby user for many, many years but a few months back I begrudgingly made the switch to an Nvidia Shield for my movie/streaming and I haven't regretted it. I understand that's not "perfect" either (nothing ever will be with this hobby; there just isn't the mainstream interest to support it) but I get Dolby Vision, and I get apps like Disney+ in 4k/HDR which just isn't possible on a PC. 

I absolutely prefer/would like to have 1 device in my living room for all of the things I do but the "HTPC" portion of my PC has always been a hassle. The Shield (while again, not perfect) removes a lot of hassle.
I am trying to get my YouTube addon working again (to get smooth motion support). 

I was  able to get around the "401 Invalid Key" error by adding my API key, Client ID, and Client Secret in the settings.  However, now I keep getting "YouTube Quota Exceeded".

Searching on Google just suggests for me to add the settings above.  Also, it looks like the YouTube addon I'm using might be a little old.  It hasn't gotten an update in several years... since I have an older version of Kodi (DSPlayer).

What's the trick to get around "YouTube Quota Exceeded"?
@MKANET
This doesn't sound right. The YouTube addon on Krypton still got updates and has been updated several times in the last years. I use it with no problems until today. (YouTube addon version: 6.8.9 from the official Kodi 17 (Krypton) repo)

Are you sure that you're not affected by the repo connection bugs the dsplayer build has which may lead to outdated addons on your install?
Maybe check:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14777
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/14711
and you may have a look at the version history
"2020-02-29 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI007"
in this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351534)

If that's not it, there still must be another issue.

Good luck! :-)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hi guys what settings are you using on this page? Image
(2021-04-27, 11:44)pepegaFilms Wrote: Hi guys what settings are you using on this page? Image
All those settings are irrelevant for DSPlayer. Unless you use DSPlayer to then use the regular Kodi videoplayer. But it wouldn't make much sense, would it?
BluRay rips in 4K HDR10/Dolby Vision, can this be played directly on Kodi 19.1 Matrix? Or do i need DSPlayer?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
  • 513(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47