• 516(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2021-08-09, 23:31)ashlar Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 11:14)ashlar Wrote: Problem: when I pause video, it's as if madVR switches to full levels (0-255), making blacks grey. When I restart video, after a couple of seconds levels go back to normal (16-255) and blacks return to black.
If I do not set the GUI to video levels, the problem doesn't happen and video is correctly displayed at 16-255, paused or not paused.

All of the above does not happen with MPC-HC.
I've solved this with an EventGhost script. When playback starts, Kodi is set at Full video levels. When playback stops, Kodi goes back to Limited video levels. Not the most elegant approach but since the code is untouchable, it solves the issue flawlessly.
Hello.
Could you share your script?
Thanks.
(2021-11-05, 15:31)puckanych Wrote:
(2021-08-09, 23:31)ashlar Wrote:
(2021-08-04, 11:14)ashlar Wrote: Problem: when I pause video, it's as if madVR switches to full levels (0-255), making blacks grey. When I restart video, after a couple of seconds levels go back to normal (16-255) and blacks return to black.
If I do not set the GUI to video levels, the problem doesn't happen and video is correctly displayed at 16-255, paused or not paused.

All of the above does not happen with MPC-HC.
I've solved this with an EventGhost script. When playback starts, Kodi is set at Full video levels. When playback stops, Kodi goes back to Limited video levels. Not the most elegant approach but since the code is untouchable, it solves the issue flawlessly.
Hello.
Could you share your script?
Thanks.

The two actions, Kodi Limited Range and Kodi Full Range, are XBMC2 plugin actions. JSONRPC ones.

I hope you'll find it useful. Smile If so, I'd appreciate positive feedback.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
to ashlar:
Thanks - I will try.
Hopefully I can handle EventGhost.
I am very grateful to you.
to ashlar:
I tested your script and it works just fine!
(True, I did not immediately realize what to do in EventGhost: I had never used it before :-). But then I figured it out.)
So, once again, many thanks and I advise everyone!
(2021-11-06, 20:03)puckanych Wrote: to ashlar:
(True, I did not immediately realize what to do in EventGhost: I had never used it before :-). But then I figured it out.)
I could not understand how to put a plus in the reputation for ashlar on the forum
(2021-11-06, 20:11)puckanych Wrote:
(2021-11-06, 20:03)puckanych Wrote: to ashlar:
I could not understand how to put a plus in the reputation for ashlar on the forum
That wasn't really important. I help whenever I can anyway. In any case, for future reference, it's the little thumb up icon on the bottom left side of the post you want to thank. Really glad I helped you in fixing that inconvenience.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Guys, does the DSplayer fork work okay in windows 11? Planning on upgrading my HTPC and I want to make sure I don’t break anything.
Hello to everyone I'm new to Kodi so I hope my questions won't be stupid for some or useless.
I'm using Kodi on an old laptop which runs a Intel Atom d525 and a Nvdia ION 2. Using the DSPlayer the Madvr is not working and neither the EVR, instead with the Kodi Videoplayer I get smooth 1080p.
Instead with Lav audio filter I can add LFE to the downmix using the LFE sliders I couldn't seem to find out the same feature on the Video Player.

Is there a way to use the Kodi internal renderer and only force the Lav audio filter?

Kind regards and thanks for you help in advance.
(2022-01-05, 01:12)Danielz54 Wrote: Is there a way to use the Kodi internal renderer and only force the Lav audio filter?
No.
So if I'd like to watch movies using headphones am I obliged to lose the LFE information or buy a new laptop? Is there a way to add manually another renderer?
(2022-01-05, 01:52)Danielz54 Wrote: So if I'd like to watch movies using headphones am I obliged to lose the LFE information or buy a new laptop? Is there a way to add manually another renderer?
Your best bet is probably to look at the guide to use external players with Kodi: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596
is there a matrix version of dsPlayer right now ?
(2022-01-10, 16:42)Gee11 Wrote: is there a matrix version of dsPlayer right now ?
Unfortunately not. The last developer of DSPlayer was aracnoz. He left after being discouraged from keeping on development (he hoped DSPlayer could be merged with the main release and that was impossible).
I've been hoping for so long that some other dev would pick up the torch but, so far, none have raised to the task.
Sorry, double post.
I thought we still had someone working on this.  Well I was starting to migrate to the MVC version of Kodi as that has development, but then I find out ti won't work on any new hardware, so now just completely stuck.  Still really not sure why the DSPlayer version is not the main version of Kodi, its better in every way
  • 516(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47