• 521(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2023-03-01, 00:05)nidios Wrote: https://paste.kodi.tv/avucefopoc.kodi

I hope I have done the procedure correctly:
here is the log, basically when I finish watching a movie and I press "Stop" Kodi crashes. First try to go to the menu and then buy me a Windows box with Kodi error.
Unless I've missed them, log doesn't show errors. I've noticed you are using fullscreen exclusive mode with madVR. Could you maybe give fullscreen windowed a try? Exclusive is not needed anymore for smooth playback.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Is there any chance this project can be resurrected? DSPlayer and madVR are a match made in heaven.

I just tried the latest build Kodi v20.2 and right off the bat audio passthrough didn't work regardless of what settings I used. Plus there is no madVR support and no way to config the playback filters like there is w/ the DSPlayer version.
I'm also very interested in this player, the only one I get on well with MadVr.

Is it possible that it cannot be enabled on Kody 20?
Win10 Pro, i3 9100, RX5700, DSPlayer 17.7, MadVR
(2023-07-05, 21:50)G-to-the-Sp0t Wrote: Is there any chance this project can be resurrected? DSPlayer and madVR are a match made in heaven.

I just tried the latest build Kodi v20.2 and right off the bat audio passthrough didn't work regardless of what settings I used. Plus there is no madVR support and no way to config the playback filters like there is w/ the DSPlayer version.

Unfortunately no developer seem interested in updating it. I have tried in the past to pledge some money for somebody to bring it up to date (while sharing the code, so as to entice more development) but with no luck.

I still would be available to pledge hundreds of dollars for this to happen.

Having said this, passthrough work flawlessly with Kodi 20.2, for me (I keep three installations on my PC, DSPlayer, 20.2 and 21 alpha).
What I find more annoying is the occasional frame dropped or repeated when I have perfectly dialed in refresh rates, resulting in no frames dropped/repeated for days... DSPlayer does that. Kodi "regular", unfortunately, sometimes hiccups.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to resolve your Kodi and HDR metadata issue! It can be quite a relief when everything comes together as expected. I'd like to share my experience and a solution that worked for me in case it can help others facing similar challenges.

I've had success using the Kodi Dsplayer 32bit version in conjunction with Nvidia driver 378.92. When I selected passthrough using the Nvidia API, it worked flawlessly for me. Interestingly, I had previously used the latest 64-bit version of Kodi Dsplayer, but that didn't quite mesh with this setup.

Your mention of the compatibility issue with the 64-bit version of Kodi Dsplayer is also helpful, as it highlights the importance of using the right software versions for specific setups.
Thank you for sharing your solution with the community. It's contributions like yours that make forums like this one such a valuable resource for tech enthusiasts. If anyone has further questions or needs more details about your setup, I'm sure they'll appreciate your insights.

On another note, I'd like to introduce a helpful tool that could enhance your home theater or entertainment setup. It's a screen size calculator that can assist you in determining the ideal screen size for your space. Whether you're setting up a home theater or just optimizing your TV viewing experience, this calculator can come in handy.

You can access the display screen size calculator by clicking on the following link: /screen-size-calculator/

This tool offers features like distance calculations, aspect ratio adjustments, and more to ensure you get the perfect screen size for your needs. Feel free to explore it, and if you have any questions or need assistance in using it effectively, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help!

Thank you for the valuable discussions in this forum, and I hope this solution and calculator can enhance your home entertainment experience.

Best regards,

[mod edit] About close to spam as you can get, although the calculator is said to be free, it wants your vitals with CC links. If anyone wants this URL, a Google search should bring it up.
Now that Kodi 21 is almost here, I feel like it's time to move on from 17.* w/ DSPlayer.  The ideal solution would, of course, be DSPlayer on a more recent build, but that has not yet happened.  I have therefore been testing using an external player (MPC-BE w/madVR) for the last week or so with Omega RC1.  I have to say, once everything is set up, it is almost as seamless as DSPlayer.

I am mostly posting this to ask a question to you guys that have also made this change.  How do you track in progress status?  Apart from the OSD, that is really the only thing that I have lost by moving to Kodi 21.  I am aware of playcountminimumtime in playercorefactory.xml, but this only tracks if an item has been fully watched or not.

What would be required for Kodi to be sent the in progress information from an external player?  I feel like this is something that could be scripted, but I don't know where to start.
(2023-07-06, 23:02)ashlar Wrote:
(2023-07-05, 21:50)G-to-the-Sp0t Wrote: Is there any chance this project can be resurrected? DSPlayer and madVR are a match made in heaven.

Unfortunately no developer seem interested in updating it. I have tried in the past to pledge some money for somebody to bring it up to date (while sharing the code, so as to entice more development) but with no luck.

Having said this, passthrough work flawlessly with Kodi 20.2, for me (I keep three installations on my PC, DSPlayer, 20.2 and 21 alpha).
What I find more annoying is the occasional frame dropped or repeated when I have perfectly dialed in refresh rates, resulting in no frames dropped/repeated for days... DSPlayer does that. Kodi "regular", unfortunately, sometimes hiccups.

i might be down for giving it a go
(2024-03-17, 08:06)tiben20 Wrote:
(2023-07-06, 23:02)ashlar Wrote:

i might be down for giving it a go
OMG!!!

If you want, by all means contact me directly.
I will offer all the support I can.
(2024-03-14, 14:12)only1hammy Wrote: How do you track in progress status?  Apart from the OSD, that is really the only thing that I have lost by moving to Kodi 21.
You need to use MPC-HC functionality to save resume points. At that point you won't have the option to start from the beginning but if you exit the player and then play again, it will start from where you left off.
(2024-03-18, 11:40)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-03-14, 14:12)only1hammy Wrote: How do you track in progress status?  Apart from the OSD, that is really the only thing that I have lost by moving to Kodi 21.
You need to use MPC-HC functionality to save resume points. At that point you won't have the option to start from the beginning but if you exit the player and then play again, it will start from where you left off.
Yes, resume points can be saved this way -in the external player-, but Kodi can't be informed about resume points from external players.  If something is half watched in an external player, Kodi will either be told it's unwatched or watched (via playcountminimumtime).  It seems there is currently no way of achieving what I am asking.

@tiben20 I would like to echo ashlar's offer of assistance.  Although I'm not a coder, I am more than happy to help with any testing.
(2024-03-18, 17:46)only1hammy Wrote:
(2024-03-18, 11:40)ashlar Wrote:
Yes, resume points can be saved this way -in the external player-, but Kodi can't be informed about resume points from external players.  If something is half watched in an external player, Kodi will either be told it's unwatched or watched (via playcountminimumtime).  It seems there is currently no way of achieving what I am asking.

@tiben20 I would like to echo ashlar's offer of assistance.  Although I'm not a coder, I am more than happy to help with any testing.

I might ask question while i develop the dsplayer. So far i only have one question do people use the latest madvr mdvrhdrmeasure or the 09217 version
(2024-03-18, 22:41)tiben20 Wrote:
(2024-03-18, 17:46)only1hammy Wrote:
(2024-03-18, 11:40)ashlar Wrote: You need to use MPC-HC functionality to save resume points. At that point you won't have the option to start from the beginning but if you exit the player and then play again, it will start from where you left off.

I might ask question while i develop the dsplayer. So far i only have one question do people use the latest madvr mdvrhdrmeasure or the 09217 version
Latest. Lots of improvement on HDR tone mapping.
(2024-03-18, 23:06)ashlar Wrote:
(2024-03-18, 22:41)tiben20 Wrote:
(2024-03-18, 17:46)only1hammy Wrote: Yes, resume points can be saved this way -in the external player-, but Kodi can't be informed about resume points from external players.  If something is half watched in an external player, Kodi will either be told it's unwatched or watched (via playcountminimumtime).  It seems there is currently no way of achieving what I am asking.

Latest. Lots of improvement on HDR tone mapping.
Good to know. First compile after adding the code give me 1889 errors. In c++ terms its really not that much thats good news.
Hello, I am using version 113, which is the latest one that does not expire.
I will be forever grateful if you manage to make this work with later versions of Kodi!

I'm currently using Kodi 20.5 with PlexKodiConnect and MPC-HC as external player and latest MadVR.
While it's managable, I really miss proper watched progress status, skip intros, and automatic playback of next episode (MPC-HC's implementation is dodgy).
  • 521(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47