• 9(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-04-08, 11:46)Slurm Wrote: I'm using the Kodi-madVR version on a daily basis and am really happy with it. It works great, thanks Madshi & Aracnoz!

There are some things I have noticed:

1. I had to go back to an older madVR version (0.87.14) because with the newer versions osd flickers while pausing a movie.

2. I also have to press pause twice to pause a movie. This only happens with madVR as video renderer.

3. Pressing stop while a movie is paused makes kodi crash.

So much for pausing a movie Wink The high gpu load while pausing should be solved with a newer madVR version if I'm not mistaken.

Can anyone confirm the above problems?

1. Not here.

2. Not here too.

3. In my system it rarely happens though. Maybe once in 20s playback.
(2015-04-08, 12:58)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 11:46)Slurm Wrote: I'm using the Kodi-madVR version on a daily basis and am really happy with it. It works great, thanks Madshi & Aracnoz!

There are some things I have noticed:

1. I had to go back to an older madVR version (0.87.14) because with the newer versions osd flickers while pausing a movie.

2. I also have to press pause twice to pause a movie. This only happens with madVR as video renderer.

3. Pressing stop while a movie is paused makes kodi crash.

So much for pausing a movie Wink The high gpu load while pausing should be solved with a newer madVR version if I'm not mistaken.

Can anyone confirm the above problems?

1. Not here.

2. Not here too.

3. In my system it rarely happens though. Maybe once in 20s playback.

Thanks! Seems like I have to check my settings then.
i see well then when i have prerender several frames in advance disabled it counts for kodi as well , still getting major kodi GUI LAG thou when backed out during playback, and about the gpu queue / prebuffers , ive redid my settings as per doom9s suggestions and now the OSD lag has 4 frames of lag which is a major improvement and has a very slight delay now hardly at all, this is great , anything above as said starts becoming more and more noticeable aka the lag becoming noticeable , so until madshi polishes this , well always have 4 frames of lag

btw whats the tradeoff for using lavfilters for deinterlacing, is there a quality tradeoff? tell me more

btw same here ive noticed this issue as well you have to press pause twice in order for your movie to actually pause this needs fixed

about the OSD flickering go and apply madshis most recent madvr build he just released one a couple hours ago and see if it fixes it if not let madshi know about this bug

but the only difference here is that it doesnt crash while i press stop , somethings wrong there , apparently a random bug issue

oh and while where at it warner306 you forgot to add one file extension to your preset dsplayer pack namely .bdmv extension is missing , and about ffdshow raw audio processor , ive tried to install only the audio processor both x64 and x86 version since i dont need the rest as already said , but theres no gui to configure it now , its been a while since ive used ffdshow , and as what would i add it as extra filter in kodi or what? in order for it to do its job, id appreciate the help
OK I rechecked.

1. It happens on first pause to me too. But not any puase/resume after that.
(2015-04-08, 15:07)oldpoem Wrote: OK I rechecked.

1. It happens on first pause to me too. But not any puase/resume after that.

Same here. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.
actually it does , you always have to double select pause to actually pause, depending on how much seconds you leave between it, its broken

btw about low gpu queue and non smooth playback i havent noticed this happening , perhaps im doing it wrong or you have some experience to tell on this?
there is something that i really don't like with the pause but with future version of madvr this should be solved, my principal concern it's about the gpu load

i don't experienced any flickering or crash stopping with pause but a new system to manage the pause of madvr could solve this things, something maybe could be done for the crash, but it's very difficul operate with no error in debug and if i cannot reproduce the crash, anyway i would not waste energy for something that I already know that is going to change with madVR

p.s.

for the question about the lag, maybe there was a misunderstanding, i never added the patch to reduce the lag using backbuffer instead several frame in advance, even with very first release... initially i tested this solution during debug but I discarded because it does not allow madVR to work at full power

p.p.s

I had not noticed this thing of having to press pause twice the first time

I do not know why just after "m_pMediaControl->Run()" madVR responds that it's in State_Paused instead State_Running, maybe take a little more time to change the state than evr ... anyway I just solved this thing forcing DSplayer flag in DSPLAYER_PLAYING with madvr at playstart

then during playback everything seems to go as should be
could we have the update build with fixed pause, sidenote this isnt just at start its time dependent on when pause is selected in between as well from the last time pause was double selected , not having to double select pause for it to work? would be great indeed , thanks aracnoz and about madvr fixing the gpu load during pause i recon would be indeed something that needs to be reported to madshi to fix

so you never actually managed to fix the current GUI lag issue with kodi that occurs during backout to kodi homescreen during playback , i see , i hope this can be fixed thou, would be great
After "disable present frames in advance" I don't have any noticeable lag anymore even backout to home menu during playback.It is fluid as normal kodi now.

Something is wrong with your system then, I saw your system spec and it is much higher than mine. 2 of my windows htpc( i3/GT630 ) & (i5/GT760) runs really fine.

Maybe you use mouse & Keyboard? Aracnoz & madshi seem to imply that you should use remote control with KodiMadVR.
(2015-04-08, 17:02)hentai23 Wrote: so you never actually managed to fix the current GUI lag issue with kodi that occurs during backout to kodi homescreen during playback , i see , i hope this can be fixed thou, would be great

for the moment there is nothing that i can do for the lag, i don't know if this it's impossible to solve with current release of madvr or is my limit with madVR integration, all my attempts causes negative effects on the potential of madVR

(2015-04-08, 17:02)hentai23 Wrote: ...the gpu load during pause i recon would be indeed something that needs to be reported to madshi to fix

as I said I like all this hype about DSPlayer, but I don't want to bother other people, madshi told me about something she wants to do for this and i know for sure that it will continue to develop and make more great madVR but we cannot decide what he should be given priority, DSPlayer is not the center of the world, probably we will never have a perfect version of DSPlayer, also because I do not know if there is a perfect program bug-free, for all is a work in progress, so we have to try to adapt to this imperfection, not all bugs make a program unusable and we cannot have everything now
I don't have any of those problems, except maybe, a crash very seldom, as someone stated before, something like one out of twenty. And i do operate exclusively with keyboard (or tablet).
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-04-08, 17:19)oldpoem Wrote: After "disable present frames in advance" I don't have any noticeable lag anymore even backout to home menu during playback.It is fluid as normal kodi now.

Something is wrong with your system then, I saw your system spec and it is much higher than mine. 2 of my windows htpc( i3/GT630 ) & (i5/GT760) runs really fine.

Maybe you use mouse & Keyboard? Aracnoz & madshi seem to imply that you should use remote control with KodiMadVR.

no i dont use mouse & Keyboard, id love to know who would except for vicmanpergar lols, i use a xbox360 controller with xperience1080 skin, and i dont know what kind of magic build youre using but over here mine and others builds backing out to the homescreen during playback and navigating around is indeed accustomed by lag

aracnoz Wrote:for the moment there is nothing that i can do for the lag, i don't know if this it's impossible to solve with current release of madvr or is my limit with madVR integration, all my attempts causes negative effects on the potential of madVR

well thats ok ill gladly wait for this to be fixed,once you come up with a solution aracnoz,i know this is abit of a difficult issue to be fixed , thanks

aracnoz Wrote:as I said I like all this hype about DSPlayer, but I don't want to bother other people, madshi told me about something she wants to do for this and i know for sure that it will continue to develop and make more great madVR but we cannot decide what he should be given priority, DSPlayer is not the center of the world, probably we will never have a perfect version of DSPlayer, also because I do not know if there is a perfect program bug-free, for all is a work in progress, so we have to try to adapt to this imperfection, not all bugs make a program unusable and we cannot have everything now

oh so youve already reported this issue? great, btw reporting issues isnt a matter of bothering madshi , im sure he would like to know when somethings not working properly

and about bugs and usability your absolutely right, but we can thrive for that perfect experience and improve and have said bugs taken care of over time , instead of giving up alltogether and accepting current open issues till the end of time, right? thats how you advance with better software in general if not we would still be stuck with atari pcs and 56k modems as ive said before

about dsplayer and perfection , it might not be perfect but youve goddamned moved towards that goal in the recent month by a huge step, thanks for that and if someone had told me this to be possible with xbmc/kodi a decade earlier wouldve most likely had laughed him straight out the park
(2015-04-08, 17:53)hentai23 Wrote: no i dont use mouse & Keyboard, id love to know who would except for vicmanpergar lols, i use a xbox360 controller with xperience1080 skin, and i dont know what kind of magic build youre using but over here mine and others builds backing out to the homescreen during playback and navigating around is indeed accustomed by lag

I'm currently using DSPlayer 14.2 Helix - build (20150408-6609cf8) with madVR 0.8.7.18.
good thats the same the rest is using , it would seem as if youre the only one here that doesnt notice the lag while navigating the kodi GUI during playback in the background , thats good for you pal, lols

i sure as hell dont enjoy it thou nor am i oblivious to it since it stares me right in the face, not sure how anyone could miss this, btw ill post this again :

oh and while where at it warner306 you forgot to add one file extension to your preset dsplayer pack namely .bdmv extension is missing , and about ffdshow raw audio processor , ive tried to install only the audio processor both x64 and x86 version since i dont need the rest as already said , but theres no gui to configure it now , its been a while since ive used ffdshow , and as what would i add it as extra filter in kodi or what? in order for it to do its job, id appreciate the help, oh and ive installed AV splitters x64 build and whitelisted it for to only use kodi.exe and potplayer.exe, so both can use AV splitter , i hope this is correct
@hentai23

It's a Trust media tiny and ultra flat blutooth keyboard, really cute. And also manage all the living room with the tablet. For me it's very weird as well using a game console controller in my living room (lol). Question of tastes.
I see madshi also sees the lag problem as low priority. It would seem to me that u're really the only one in the forum having such a terrible experience with it.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47