• 12(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
yeah theres another lag issue ive discovered if youve read my previous post , try it out , oh and about resample what exactly are your settings , id like to know , and you leave master at 100% cause of clipping? so you say leave master at 100% and just put normalization to 130% then?, thanks as usual
(2015-04-08, 23:59)hentai23 Wrote: yeah theres another lag issue ive discovered if youve read my previous post , try it out , oh and about resample what exactly are your settings , id like to know , and you leave master at 100% cause of clipping? so you say leave master at 100% and just put normalization to 130% then?, thanks as usual

Mine set as 100% & 400% respectively. Resample to 48k libsinc high quality.
What filter do i have to use to play the index.bdmv from a blu ray folder?
If i switch dsplayer to use the internal windows merits the playback of the main movie starts.

If i use my own rules it's not working. In Graph Studio i can see LAV Splitter,Microsoft DTV DVD Video Decoder and LAV Audio decoder is used.

Which source filter should i use? If i use AV source or LAV source it's not working. If the log is correct the source filter can't add to the graph. So i assume the source filter is the issue.
Please can somebody tell me the source filter,splitter filter, video decoder and audio decoder to play the main movie of an index.bdmv?

Code:
00:00:22 T:5188  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: E:\BDMV\index.bdmv
00:00:22 T:5188  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: E:\BDMV\index.bdmv
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
00:00:22 T:6052  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
00:00:22 T:6052   ERROR: CFilterCoreFactory::GetFilterFromName Filter "internal_ffmpegsource" isn't loaded. Please check dsfilterconfig.xml
00:00:22 T:6052   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
00:00:22 T:6052   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
00:00:22 T:6052   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_DTSHD" on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_TRUEHD" on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_EAC3" on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_DTS" on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_AAC" on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: sample rate 192khz on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_LPCM" on device "AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)" seems to be not supported.
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: Found 2 Lists of Devices
00:00:24 T:4492  NOTICE: Enumerated DIRECTSOUND devices:
Thanks for the quick response. I've never actually upgraded Kodi before. I just installed the latest official build of Kodi a couple of weeks ago. Can I just uninstall my current Kodi installation; and, Install cleanly this DSPlayer build of Kodi; and... it will be able to use my existing userdata folder?

(2015-04-08, 23:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 23:04)MKANET Wrote: I just learned about this build of Kodi on AVS Forum today. I currently have an existing installation of the latest official Kodi.

Would you guys suggest I copy the plugin folders I have from my current Kodi install, then uninstall the official Kodi build before installing the DSPlayer version cleanly? I'm, hoping all I have to do is copy back my plugin folders to restore all my plugins and respective settings.

Thanks so much for this! It's EXACTLY what I was hoping for in an HTPC front end.

DSPlayer won't do anything to your plugin settings or anything else in the Userdata folder, for that matter. The upgrade process is exactly the same as a regular Kodi installation.
movie object or index are the same andy they both play the main movie , and these work with the regular dsplayer starter xmls by warner306 , just add bdmv to the mkv rule and your good to go , av splitter only gets loaded on dvd menus or bd menus make sure to check playlist support in AV splitter as well since i recon this can only be a good thing for bdmv
(2015-04-09, 00:20)MKANET Wrote: Thanks for the quick response. I've never actually upgraded Kodi before. I just installed the latest official build of Kodi a couple of weeks ago. Can I just uninstall my current Kodi installation; and, Install cleanly this DSPlayer build of Kodi; and... it will be able to use my existing userdata folder?

(2015-04-08, 23:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 23:04)MKANET Wrote: I just learned about this build of Kodi on AVS Forum today. I currently have an existing installation of the latest official Kodi.

Would you guys suggest I copy the plugin folders I have from my current Kodi install, then uninstall the official Kodi build before installing the DSPlayer version cleanly? I'm, hoping all I have to do is copy back my plugin folders to restore all my plugins and respective settings.

Thanks so much for this! It's EXACTLY what I was hoping for in an HTPC front end.

DSPlayer won't do anything to your plugin settings or anything else in the Userdata folder, for that matter. The upgrade process is exactly the same as a regular Kodi installation.

Running installers simply updates the files that make Kodi run. Configuration files, such as user settings, remain the same but are updated to work with the latest version of Kodi installed. You can reinstall over old copies of Kodi as many times as you want. The only caveat is that back-ups of the Userdata folder sometimes are tied the version installed. So it is good to keep old installers of DSPlayers around (which have the date included in the installer's name) in case you need to load a back-up.

Basically, I'm saying that user settings are not overwritten by installing a new version of Kodi, DSPlayer or otherwise.
(2015-04-09, 00:11)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 23:59)hentai23 Wrote: yeah theres another lag issue ive discovered if youve read my previous post , try it out , oh and about resample what exactly are your settings , id like to know , and you leave master at 100% cause of clipping? so you say leave master at 100% and just put normalization to 130% then?, thanks as usual

Mine set as 100% & 400% respectively. Resample to 48k libsinc high quality.

great so leave all at default just set these , and of course in output enable all the 16, 24 and 32 bit and 32 float options i recon should do the trick right?

ive kept the right settings such as ac3 and lpcm 16bit unchecked and the passthrough options unchecked as well as the direct to file output unchecked, the rest that was checked such as connect to pcm as first ive left at its default checked state and audio delay at its default 0
(2015-04-09, 00:29)hentai23 Wrote: great so leave all at default just set these , and of course in output enable all the 16, 24 and 32 bit and 32 float options i recon should do the trick right?

ive kept the right settings such as ac3 and lpcm 16bit unchecked and the passthrough options unchecked as well as the direct to file output unchecked, the rest that was checked such as connect to pcm as first ive left at its default checked state and audio delay at its default 0

If you don't use AVR, yes that's about right.
(2015-04-08, 23:54)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 22:37)hentai23 Wrote: or you could show us a video of it in action, since im trying to figure out why the GUI is so laggy during playback backout to kodi GUI

update > so ive tried the command it worked! its odd that theres no shortcut to easily access it without command thou while theres no video playing , and btw ive left it at the default settings , simply enabled all the 24bit and 32 bit sampling and checked the volume and set the master volume to 130% and normalize to 130% to get that volume gain, is this good or is there something im missing?

OK. This is my final video

https://db.tt/0QFFxYpU

Intel i5
Nvidia GTX760

I'd say it's on par with normal kodi again.

I'll remove in few days since it takes quite a bit on my dropbox.

I personally leave master at 100% to prevent clipping though. Also I enable resample to deal with some file that has weird sampling rate.

ok now i dont know what to say , its fluid , ok ive found out the issue and solution to the double pause issue , you gotta make sure to enable kodi madvr settings control , this fixes both the double pause issue and the fps that get cut in half and causing GUI lag during pause on OSD elements , so now the last thing left is to find out whats causing the damned GUI lag while i backout during a playback into the homescreen and navigate around to test, something about your settings or something is different that prevents said GUI lag on playback backout and navigation in the homescreen oldpoem

update !!! ok ive checked youre settings its that you have no GUI lag cause of setting the chroma upscaling to softcubic 100% not NEEDI64!!! its the NEEDI64 chroma upscaling thats making the kodi gui lag during pause , so if you set chroma upscaling to NEEDI32 or even 16 itll take care of that issue, apparently even a Titan GTX isnt quite enough for the beast that is NEEDI64 and beyond , BUT theres still lag in the GUI while backing out during playback , oldpoem please do me a favor and use an actual demanding videofile such as a bdmv at 1980x1080 24fps , not low quality playback media to test this issue, thanks
It is my default optimal settings for that machine for quite some times on potplayer. I just use same setting on Kodi as well.
Sorry to burst your bubble. I ran a quick test again with NNEEDI64 and it makes no different. Still fluid.

This time no video.

You can certainly try my settings and see if its fluid on your system or not. If it is , then your desired settings is too much for your system try lower it. If it isn't there must be something wrong with your setup though.
wait... NNEEDI64 and still fluid? ok now im mindboggled , have you done the test on an actual hd file such as with 1920x1080 at atleast 24 fps? again low quality playback media dont count, , cause over here i get 24 fps from 48 fps during pause while using NEEDI64 for chroma upscaling whereas with NEEDI32 and 16 i get 42-48 fps , btw i have core parking disabled for windows and my i7 980x set to 4.3 ghz/with HT running rock solid and 48gb dd3 running at 1400 mhz, as well as a titan gtx ocd and unlocked set at 1137mhz gpu and 3500 mhz memory

btw about kodi crashing during stopping playback etc , yep now its happening quite often to me as well as soon as ive enabled madvr settings managed through kodi
I will take a shot at helping you rely less on the gui, because it is not needed for most practical use of Kodi. That makes more sense than attempting to eliminate lag that most of experience but none can fix:

1. Use madVR profiles. Most madVR scaling algorithms are applicable to content based on its resolution (this is particularly true of image doubling). The Kodi gui allows madVR settings to be saved for content based its resolution. This eliminates the need to adjust settings on a per video basis. Using the Kodi gui in conjunction with rendering stats (Cntrl + J) allows a user to adjust madVR settings and save the results for each video resolution. This should eliminate the need to revisit this menu in the future once settings are adjusted to your liking.

2. Stop a video before backing out to the main menu. Your progress will always be saved, and this will eliminate the need to deal with menu lag created by the renderer.

3. Use keyboard shortcuts to video and audio settings. If you are relying excessively on the player controls, try investigating keyboard shortcuts available to you. Most commands can be accessed via remote. Accessing the Kodi player controls to adjust settings such as the subtitle and audio stream, subtitle offset and audio delay can all be completed via direct remote commands. Further, any custom window within the player control menu can be launched through an entry to keyboard.xml under the heading of <FullScreenVideo>. This eliminates the need to access the player controls during general playback.

Basically, the use Kodi menus should be minimized with proper playback. This is partly why this issue is not a major priority to the developers of madVR or DSPlayer.
Alright this is probably last time I'd run a test on this matter. I picked Avengers 1920x1080x24 for the test.

Base settings were the same.

If I change chroma upscaler to NNEEDI64 framerate drop to 1x fps. I had to compensate with changing dithering from error diffusion 2 to ordered dithering to regain 24fps playback. There were many visual artifacts all over the pictures though. After dealt with dropped frames I test GUI and it was fluid.

Also changed from Jinc8 to Jinc3 made me able to use error diffusion 2 without dropped frames. The GUI was fluid.

If I change chroma upscalter to NNEEDI32 , I didn't encountered dropped frames. the settings were the same as base. There were many visual artifacts all over the pictures though. GUI was fluid.
so NEEDI64 gave you 1 fps while paused id recon is what youve meant , from what ive understood and no matter what settings you use while backing out to the kodi GUI its GUI is fluid for you while playback is still active, man this is really some weird stuff going on, ive seen you use av source instead of lav source as source filter not sure if this does anything thou, one things for sure im not the only one that notices and has this formentioned lag , you seem to be the only one without said lag for some weird-ass reason i cant explain as of yet
(2015-04-09, 00:34)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 00:29)hentai23 Wrote: great so leave all at default just set these , and of course in output enable all the 16, 24 and 32 bit and 32 float options i recon should do the trick right?

If you don't use AVR, yes that's about right.

great thanks, been a while since ive used ffdshow
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47