• 13(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
EDIT: I am able to get everything to work as advertised. However, there's a strange quirk...I cannot stop the video in full screen mode (regardless if its Exclusive mode or not). If I try to stop the video (by pressing STOP or 'X' hotkey) the entire Kodi app locks up so hard, I have to use Win8 task manager to stop the stuck Kodi application (application turns while and unresponsive).

In order to avoid this issue, I have to switch to Kodi Window mode before I try to stop the video. There's absolutely no lag or any other performance issues; even when using more CPU./GPU intensive madvr settings.

Anyone have any suggestions to why I can't stop the video in full screen mode? The only way I can stop the video in full screen mode is to leave all the OSD Video settings for MadVR at their defaults.

I don't have any performance issues. It works comparable to MPC-HC.
(2015-04-09, 03:25)hentai23 Wrote: so NEEDI64 gave you 1 fps while paused id recon is what youve meant , from what ive understood and no matter what settings you use while backing out to the kodi GUI its GUI is fluid for you while playback is still active, man this is really some weird stuff going on, ive seen you use av source instead of lav source as source filter not sure if this does anything thou, one things for sure im not the only one that notices and has this formentioned lag , you seem to be the only one without said lag for some weird-ass reason i cant explain as of yet

I meant it dropped to around 16-18 fps while playing. I never paused during test so I can changed settings and saw results on the fly. And while I might be only one that said had no lag, it's 2 system though. So there might be many more that don't have said lag. Just that they don't bother to come out and say because it works fine there.
(2015-04-09, 05:00)MKANET Wrote: EDIT: I am able to get everything to work as advertised. However, there's a strange quirk...I cannot stop the video in full screen mode (regardless if its Exclusive mode or not). If I try to stop the video (by pressing STOP or 'X' hotkey) the entire Kodi app locks up so hard, I have to use Win8 task manager to stop the stuck Kodi application (application turns while and unresponsive).

In order to avoid this issue, I have to switch to Kodi Window mode before I try to stop the video. There's absolutely no lag or any other performance issues; even when using more CPU./GPU intensive madvr settings.

Anyone have any suggestions to why I can't stop the video in full screen mode? The only way I can stop the video in full screen mode is to leave all the OSD Video settings for MadVR at their defaults.

I have the exact same problem. The fact that it can be cured by switching to windowed mode is helpful. We are having trouble catching this in a debug log because there is no error. Interestingly, though, turning on debugging also seems to fix the problem - but I don't think this has helped with a solution.
(2015-04-09, 05:00)MKANET Wrote: EDIT: I am able to get everything to work as advertised. However, there's a strange quirk...I cannot stop the video in full screen mode (regardless if its Exclusive mode or not). If I try to stop the video (by pressing STOP or 'X' hotkey) the entire Kodi app locks up so hard, I have to use Win8 task manager to stop the stuck Kodi application (application turns while and unresponsive).

Can you list the equipment and software you are using including all filters?
for all those who are having a crash after stop, you can try to press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Break before kill the process application, a freeze report that come from madvr should to appear on the desktop... maybe something interesting can come out of there

another try could be to catch one of these crash with madvr in debug mode

anyway can you confirm that there is not a real crash but simply the applicaiton remain unresponsive and you have to kill the process by task manager?
Warner306, hopefully we can figure out what our HTPC's have in common. I included all customizations (below) I though might be relevant. Please look through the details below carefully; as some details are easy to miss. I don't have very many Kodi addons. If need be, I can list my Kodi settings or addons later.

So, what's you're preferred method to avoid this issue currently? Do you just leave Kodi in debug mode all the time? I'm going to look into making a custom media playback STOP hotkey that switches to Window Mode before stopping playback. Maybe enabling debug mode is a better solution?

Anywhere, here are all the details for my HTPC:
  • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
    - No Pagefile
    - No hibernation or sleep; except for Display sleep
  • Stardock WindowBlinds using Desktop Composition/Aero Glass transparency compatible Theme
  • Stardock ModernMix
  • Nvidia
    - Dual SLI - EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked Edition
    - Driver version 347.88 stock settings
    - Custom resolution of 1920x1080 @60.004Hz (Created with Custom Resolution Utility to avoid Nvidia RGB 0-255 HDMI driver bug)
    - 2 Displays - (55" Samsung LCD as Primary -1920x1080 resolution, 7" Multi-touch LCD as secondary -800x600 resolution)

• DS Filters
    - Latest 32bit LAV, MadVR, XySubFilter filters. I've never installed any filter/codec packs (very clean system).
    - Filters configured perfectly for DSPlayer
  • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.4Ghz on Asus Z97 Deluxe Motherboard (32GBs RAM)
  • Rainmeter with CoreTemp plugin

(2015-04-09, 08:05)Warner306 Wrote:

I have the exact same problem. The fact that it can be cured by switching to windowed mode is helpful. We are having trouble catching this in a debug log because there is no error. Interestingly, though, turning on debugging also seems to fix the problem - but I don't think this has helped with a solution.

(2015-04-09, 08:09)Warner306 Wrote:

Can you list the equipment and software you are using including all filters?
(2015-04-08, 23:20)vicmanpergar Wrote: @ErlendSB

Can u substitute the splitter by the lavsplitter and see if that changes anything?
Next, my try would be to check all the filters settings one by one in their respective set up programs.

Thanks for the tip, but no change.
Tried a few other combinations (with (l)avsource/splitter) as well with the same result.

I've double checked the guids with graphstudio, and they are correct (and I get playback to work by creating the graph manually)
Filter properties seems to be correct, since graphstudio is able to start the playback.

I installed dsplayer over a Kodi 14.2 installation without uninstalling first. Can this be the problem?
(2015-04-09, 05:00)MKANET Wrote: ...The only way I can stop the video in full screen mode is to leave all the OSD Video settings for MadVR at their defaults.

do you mean if you edit some madVR settings through Kodi OSD during playback?

uncheck this options "Manage madVR settings through the gui of kodi" solve the issue?

@Warner306

do you have noticed if these crash are connected with the madVR settings through kodi?

p.s.

i fixed in a better way the problem with the need to press twice to pause
Hi Aracnoz,

Yes, if I make ANY changes in the madVR settings through Kodi OSD during playback, then try to stop media playback in fullscreen, it will lockup Kodi hard.

If I uncheck option for "Manage madVR settings through the gui of kodi" THEN, try to change madVR settings via Windows system tray icon during media playback in Kodi fullscreen, it will also lock up Kodi hard in the same fashion.

If I simply uncheck the option for "Manage madVR settings through the gui of kodi" (or have it checked), it doesn't cause any issues. I actually have to make a settings change either in the Kodi Video OSD OR make the equivalent changes in madVR system tray icon also.

Whatever it is, it appears to be related to the extended madvr settings (not available under DSPlayer general options). I can make general madVR settings changes under DSPlayer menu related to madvr (such as toggling Fullscreen Exclusive mode without having any issues at all. However, I can't enable something like SmoothMotion or any of the other similar settings in the Kodi Video OSD (or madVR tray icon settings).

What do you think might be different about the DSPlayer general madVR settings (like enable Exclusive mode) compared to the settings under Kodi Video OSD?

Thanks so much!

(2015-04-09, 19:23)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-04-09, 05:00)MKANET Wrote: ...The only way I can stop the video in full screen mode is to leave all the OSD Video settings for MadVR at their defaults.

uncheck this options "Manage madVR settings through the gui of kodi" solve the issue?

@Warner306

do you have noticed if these crash are connected with the madVR settings through kodi?

p.s.

(2015-04-09, 17:35)MKANET Wrote: Warner306, hopefully we can figure out what our HTPC's have in common. I included all customizations (below) I though might be relevant. Please look through the details below carefully; as some details are easy to miss. I don't have very many Kodi addons. If need be, I can list my Kodi settings or addons later.

So, what's you're preferred method to avoid this issue currently? Do you just leave Kodi in debug mode all the time? I'm going to look into making a custom media playback STOP hotkey that switches to Window Mode before stopping playback. Maybe enabling debug mode is a better solution?

Anywhere, here are all the details for my HTPC:
  • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
    - No Pagefile
    - No hibernation or sleep; except for Display sleep
  • Stardock WindowBlinds using Desktop Composition/Aero Glass transparency compatible Theme
  • Stardock ModernMix
  • Nvidia
    - Dual SLI - EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked Edition
    - Driver version 347.88 stock settings
    - Custom resolution of 1920x1080 @60.004Hz (Created with Custom Resolution Utility to avoid Nvidia RGB 0-255 HDMI driver bug)
    - 2 Displays - (55" Samsung LCD as Primary -1920x1080 resolution, 7" Multi-touch LCD as secondary -800x600 resolution)

• DS Filters
    - Latest 32bit LAV, MadVR, XySubFilter filters. I've never installed any filter/codec packs (very clean system).
    - Filters configured perfectly for DSPlayer
  • Intel Core i7-4790K 4.4Ghz on Asus Z97 Deluxe Motherboard (32GBs RAM)
  • Rainmeter with CoreTemp plugin

I can't find that we have anything in common in terms of equipment. I am also using a Nvidia GPU and a Samsung LED. Your equipment is much newer. I thought this might have something to do with having older equipment, but I guess not.
(2015-04-09, 19:23)aracnoz Wrote:

@Warner306

p.s.

I don't think the settings matter. I think these lock-ups are almost random, related to the core way the player works. But, yes, I must kill the process because it becomes unresponsive.
@MKANET

that's it's very strange

all things related to fullscreen (even if in windowed mode) or the settings change through the trayicon, all these things for me have no relation with something that can make crash dsplayer on player stop

I thought that maybe something was connected to the window of madvr's scaler that i added in the video settings...but it is clear that this is not the problem
I have madVR crash reports for the two bugs I am experiencing. Both of these crashes happen randomly.

Freeze on Stop:

Crash 1: http://pastebin.com/KSBkP4MZ

Crash 2: http://pastebin.com/nVVsii2p

Video Fails to Load Resulting in Black Screen:

Crash 1: http://pastebin.com/jF35LGwj

Crash 2: http://pastebin.com/c3H4VkVJ
@Warner306

sorry i forget to upload the pdb file, can you please try to replicate this test, but before that you have to put the *.pdb file in the folder where kodi it's installed and rename it in kodi.pdb

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u4x07n...player.pdb

p.s. you have to download the latest setup, KodiSetup-20150409-e0dd788-Helix_dsplayer.exe

could also be useful to use madVR in debug mode

you have to rename the file madVR [debug] .ax in madVR.ax

this can create a very large file you should compress it into zip or rar

thx
Is it possible it could be related to Windows 8.1 permissions (requiring elevated permissions); and, somehow a DSPlayer filter is getting blocked from communicating with DSPlayer? I have all my filters for DSFilter and the Kodi installation itself under C:\Program Files (x86)\*

I know that I have had several issues with executables/scripts needing elevated permissions to work correctly. Anyway, just a thought... It may also cause other symptoms too.

(2015-04-09, 22:09)aracnoz Wrote: @MKANET

that's it's very strange

all things related to fullscreen (even if in windowed mode) or the settings change through the trayicon, all these things for me have no relation with something that can make crash dsplayer on player stop

I thought that maybe something was connected to the window of madvr's scaler that i added in the video settings...but it is clear that this is not the problem
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47