• 16(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-04-10, 16:06)aracnoz Wrote: - there is no crash but kodi remains with a black screen and the application seems to continue to work in background?
please try to resize the kodi's window with ALT+ENTER, this solve the black screen?

- these crash occurs only when kodi it's set to change refresh to match the video's framerate? what happens if you try to change refresh only by madVR?
- these crash occurs only when madVR it's set to work in Fullscreen Exclusive mode?
- these crash occurs only when kodi it's in Fullscreen (Winowed or Exclusive mode)? what happens if kodi it's not in fullscreen?

OK, this is problem on my system so I want to report it.

The blackscreen came after playback stop, it looks like a freeze , lockup , ALT+ENTER or \ key doesn't bring Kodi to windows mode. CTRL+ALT+DEL would bring up login screen after hit run task manager or cancel it would go back and Kodi window appear as normal. It could be mistook as freeze easily I guess but on my system it's not, because TVTunes is playing in background and press remote key produce gui sound so I knew it's running. Press power then ok can close Kodi successfully.

Further investigation, I found it happens mostly on condition that playing diffrent file with different refresh rate next to each other. It doesn;t matter if you set madvr or Kodi to handle refresh rate change or both. If I set madVR to handle refresh rate change it sometimes got video frame freeze instead of blackscreen. But I still can close Kodi by pressing power then ok anyway.

I always use Fullscreen Exclusive Mode though, Using window mode brought me lot of problem in the past (video not playing / playing audio only etc.)

But after messing with madVR settings I think I managed to get a workaround on this matter. And after few tests it works fine now. Enable presence several frames in advance / disable madVR refresh rate change and let Kodi handle it fix this for me. At least I hope so.
I've seen the issue you describe once. It wasn't a freeze, but the screen went black. I advocate allowing Kodi handle refresh rate changes in the guide, so hopefully this problem isn't too common.

Given no one else seems to be posting, perhaps DSPlayer is beyond the early adopter phase.

I discovered the Cinema Experience addon does not work correctly, neither does Trakt. But that's not a big deal.
Thumbs Up 
@oldpoem, you're a genius! Thanks so much for figuring this mystery out. I was starting to lose hope. All I had to do was simply disable madVR's below setting (under the madVR's tray icon settings):

devices\Generic PnP Monitor\Display modes\switch to matching display mode...

"Enable presence several frames in advance" was already enabled on my settings.

The only remaining issue... when I hit the "back" button to Kodi's Main Menu (during video playback), Kodi's Menu is displayed on the top/left corner of Kodi's display area (shown below). Is this a known issue? I haven't seen anyone mention this before.

(2015-04-11, 04:26)oldpoem Wrote: But after messing with madVR settings I think I managed to get a workaround on this matter. And after few tests it works fine now. Enable presence several frames in advance / disable madVR refresh rate change and let Kodi handle it fix this for me. At least I hope so.
First off, thanks for all of your hard work. For some reason, I can't get the player to launch. I have installed and uninstalled the setup file with the player included several times with no luck. I can launch the DVDplayer with the "play to" option but it won't work with this player. I followed the excellent setup guide and I think that I did it correctly, but something is obviously wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2015-04-11, 22:40)hogues Wrote: First off, thanks for all of your hard work. For some reason, I can't get the player to launch. I have installed and uninstalled the setup file with the player included several times with no luck. I can launch the DVDplayer with the "play to" option but it won't work with this player. I followed the excellent setup guide and I think that I did it correctly, but something is obviously wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A debug log would help. If you are getting a black screen, it could be a number of things.

Try these Troubleshooting Tips.
i see you guys been busy the last couple of days , ill test the new build and see if i get any more crashes either , thanks aracnoz your work is invaluable as always
I've been under a heavy flu these last days, with fever up to 40ºC
Well, downloaded the last version this afternoon and watched one movie and two episodes from a TV Show, with pauses, and stops, without any problem at all (although i don't think my experience is good since i was not having any issues either before!). But i think i must put my 2 cents too.

Now a question for the experts in madVR.
Is it normal that CRTL+J shows resolution as 0,1,1920, 1081 ? Well it's really called target rectangle.
What calls my atention is the 1081.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
A big thank you to you guys, A dream come true, Kodi+madVR without the need of an external player Smile

working fine so far except that i cant use the true fullscreen mode, always have to use the fullscreen windows or i get a freeze as soon as i try to play a file.

is there a hotkey to change the audio track without getting the popup menu for selecting the audio track?

anyone know if its possible to get the hyperion addon working with madvr as renderer?
(2015-04-12, 01:02)KenshiHH Wrote: A big thank you to you guys, A dream come true, Kodi+madVR without the need of an external player Smile

working fine so far except that i cant use the true fullscreen mode, always have to use the fullscreen windows or i get a freeze as soon as i try to play a file.

is there a hotkey to change the audio track without getting the popup menu for selecting the audio track?

anyone know if its possible to get the hyperion addon working with madvr as renderer?

Kodi keyboard commands

Kodi action IDs (for keyboard.xml entries)

List of built-in functions (also for keyboard.xml)

The keymap entry would follow the format below:

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<c>Huh</c>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>
ok so .. the new build fixes the dreaded double pause issue ,and fixes the crashes from what ive seen, i recon warner306 is better in testing and giving feedback on this since his methods are more elaborate compared to my simply tryouts
(2015-04-12, 01:02)KenshiHH Wrote: A big thank you to you guys, A dream come true, Kodi+madVR without the need of an external player Smile

Is hyperion a streaming add-on? If so, it wouldn't likely work with DSPlayer.
Hyperion Addon is like the Boblight Addon for an Ambilight solution., would screengrabber be the right description?
sadly I don't know how these grab the screen info.

Hyperion Addon Source

(2015-04-12, 01:23)Warner306 Wrote: Kodi keyboard commands

Kodi action IDs (for keyboard.xml entries)

List of built-in functions (also for keyboard.xml)

The keymap entry would follow the format below:

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<c>Huh</c>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

already changed it to
<a>AudioNextLanguage</a>

also made sure its the only command assigned to the A key

but when i press it, instead of just switching to the next track it always opens this menu where i have to manualy select the audio stream i want

(2015-04-12, 00:27)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 22:40)hogues Wrote: First off, thanks for all of your hard work. For some reason, I can't get the player to launch. I have installed and uninstalled the setup file with the player included several times with no luck. I can launch the DVDplayer with the "play to" option but it won't work with this player. I followed the excellent setup guide and I think that I did it correctly, but something is obviously wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A debug log would help. If you are getting a black screen, it could be a number of things.

Try these Troubleshooting Tips.

hopefully I did this correctly... here is the log

http://pastebin.com/RgzTKKac

I am not getting a black screen, the player will not launch. I am in the process of trying the other options in your link. Thanks for the help.
(2015-04-12, 01:43)KenshiHH Wrote: already changed it to
<a>AudioNextLanguage</a>

also made sure its the only command assigned to the A key

but when i press it, instead of just switching to the next track it always opens this menu where i have to manualy select the audio stream i want

You have to uncheck "use menu audio selector" in dsplayer settings.
Nice thank you Smile
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47