• 18(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
The main reason they should do it, as it stands now, is because HEVC decoding is a lot more efficient with x64 than x86. So hopefully this does see the light of day.
i'm happy to see that most of the crash are solved but there is alot to do for that... madvr and kodi at playstart and stop they try to do the same things with their own thread so there is a fight on that, specially kodi i don't know if there is some forgotten code but he try to change resolution something like 100 times and even if don't really change the resolution it end to reset the device, to have a rock solid release i have to study whole entire process of kodi and then try to make wait madvr that kodi end all the things that he wants do

to do that i would need alot of time that right now i don't have anymore :\

but I want to reassure, I already have a build of Isengard, as soon as we will be the first beta there will be even the dsplayer version, but to improve the integration of madVR in DSPlayer i should do a very careful and expensive work that right now I cannot do, further improvements on madVR have to wait for now, I overlooked many things about my private life that now i need to recover Smile

don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of what we managed to do all togheter, in 10 days this thread has over 10,000 views, seems that people are more interested to this that instead a release in dx11... this should make it clear to the team kodi what people really want

who knows... it seemed impossible to have a version of kodi with madVR and instead we managed it, maybe one day we will be able to change theirs mind on this

ciauzz
(2015-04-13, 00:46)aracnoz Wrote: i'm happy to see that most of the crash are solved but there is alot to do for that... madvr and kodi at playstart and stop they try to do the same things with their own thread so there is a fight on that, specially kodi i don't know if there is some forgotten code but he try to change resolution something like 100 times and even if don't really change the resolution it end to reset the device, to have a rock solid release i have to study whole entire process of kodi and then try to make wait madvr that kodi end all the things that he wants do

to do that i would need alot of time that right now i don't have anymore :\

but I want to reassure, I already have a build of Isengard, as soon as we will be the first beta there will be even the dsplayer version, but to improve the integration of madVR in DSPlayer i should do a very careful and expensive work that right now I cannot do, further improvements on madVR have to wait for now, I overlooked many things about my private life that now i need to recover Smile

don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of what we managed to do all togheter, in 10 days this thread has over 10,000 views, seems that people are more interested to this that instead a release in dx11... this should make it clear to the team kodi what people really want

who knows... it seemed impossible to have a version of kodi with madVR and instead we managed it, maybe one day we will be able to change theirs mind on this

ciauzz

We seem to have a template of settings that works for most people without any major issues. Those that remain on this forum can pass along that experience to others.

The problem with the system locking up is definitely gone on my end.

Yes, madVR is definitely overrated, but it is great at what it does. I'm certain many others would agree that any player that supports madVR, and possibly XySubFilter, is the player to have.
considering what madvr does including NNedi id say madvr is anything but overrated my friend , and yes the player to support madvr and xysubfilter is the player to have , but much more than that is the media center that supports this flawlessly is the one to have , dsplayer kodi build being the one

and aracnoz , youve did great , one hell of a job in the last days and deserve that extra time to recuperate from this vexing invaluable work that you do nonetheless unpaid and in your spare time as a one man team , thanks again and once youve chilled abit , ill be checking every so often on how youre work on taking kodi apart and getting madvr properly integrated for a full release build is going
@aracnoz
U can feel proud, mate, one month ago this was but a dream. Now we can really say Kodi can use all the best ds filters. U deserve very good ur time, and i think from the very first version. Even then u continued polishing. Congratulations mate.
And my gratitude too, to warner and oldpoem for testing, checking, and helping to give shape to it.
Cheers!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-04-12, 08:55)Warner306 Wrote: I think you have to uncheck "Use system merits in DSPlayer settings." That filter should not be loaded. If you didn't download and install the DSPlayer Starter Kit, I would do that as well. The Starter Kit is in the guide.

Thanks for your help. After going through most of the troubleshooting tips, I checked "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)", which was unchecked before and it worked!
(2015-04-13, 05:54)hogues Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 08:55)Warner306 Wrote: I think you have to uncheck "Use system merits in DSPlayer settings." That filter should not be loaded. If you didn't download and install the DSPlayer Starter Kit, I would do that as well. The Starter Kit is in the guide.

Thanks for your help. After going through most of the troubleshooting tips, I checked "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)", which was unchecked before and it worked!

I think it's supposed to be the other way around. But I'm glad you got it working.
I updated the MPC guide and realized ReClock is now the only common DirectShow filter not available in a 64-bit version. Maybe ReClock will convert before Kodi. I am curious if it would make any difference to the rendering performance of madVR or XySubFilter, anyways.
A list of common keyboard shortcuts to the player menus was added to the guide:

1966595 (post).
An x64 version of Kodi for Windows is a work-in-progress for those interested. This debunks the myth this is not even on the radar of Team Kodi.

Thread here: 145172 (thread)
It has been WIP since 2012 and didn't get any release yet. Because of some dependencies libraries Kodi uses aren't available in windows x64. So unless there are alternative replacement for those libraries. It maybe stay WIP for foreseeable future.
The last entry from Team Kodi is from February of 2015:

"The goal will be to get rid of precompiled libs and compile them ourselves like we do on other platforms."

I don't think this is all that significant, but HEVC decoding should be common in the future and some systems (like mine) will have to be upgraded to just to decode high-bitrate 1080p videos. x64 is quite a bit more efficient and would help with video decoding that will be more troublesome in the coming years.

I found some tests online. A Core 2 Duo cannot decode HEVC at 1080p using software decoding. x64 isn't possible either, but this codec appears to be very hard on CPUs. And only one graphics card, the Nividia GTX960, currently supports HEVC hardware decoding. A Core 2 Duo Quad did okay, so I'm not certain if this type of decoding has trouble with dual-core computers or something else is at work. I'd have to try a file myself.
(2015-04-16, 08:06)Warner306 Wrote: The last entry from Team Kodi is from February of 2015:

"The goal will be to get rid of precompiled libs and compile them ourselves like we do on other platforms."

I don't think this is all that significant, but HEVC decoding should be common in the future and some systems (like mine) will have to be upgraded to just to decode high-bitrate 1080p videos. x64 is quite a bit more efficient and would help with video decoding that will be more troublesome in the coming years.

I found some tests online. A Core 2 Duo cannot decode HEVC at 1080p using software decoding. x64 isn't possible either, but this codec appears to be very hard on CPUs. And only one graphics card, the Nividia GTX960, currently supports HEVC hardware decoding. A Core 2 Duo Quad did okay, so I'm not certain if this type of decoding has trouble with dual-core computers or something else is at work. I'd have to try a file myself.

Compiling from source for x64 is one thing. Coding for x64 is another matter. So it push down priority for x64 because Kodi depends a lot on external dependencies / libraries.

HEVC wjhile efficient at compression ratio, is still has very little hw decoding support. And lot of Kodi HW aren't powerful PC , many are android based SoC or low powered HTPC. I believe there is very few SoC that support H265 hw decoding. Not everyone would like high powered & noisy PC in their living room or bedroom. I had 2 android device for other family member to use (it's cost effective & easy to use). Also my main HTPC i3 is fanless.
thanks for the x64 thread warner306 , ive posted abit in it already, ive also linked that thread to my devs thread

and about reclock , well someone apparently already posted over at reclock forums on x64 support

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php...bc82550d8e

maybe you guys should pm the dev, id recon that would bring faster results, not sure how much i could help since i hardly use it since i hardly have any PAL DVDs as far as i know

nonetheless its always great to have everything at x64 instead of one filter not having it, so +1 for x64 reclock
Just chiming in to say thank you to everyone who made this happen.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47