• 36(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Didn't notice any lipsync fault in build 3.
I'm going to test build 4 right now.
(2015-05-12, 02:12)aracnoz Wrote: @djoole

You were using madVR 0.88.* during these tests?

anyway today i made some improvements for madVR

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ngdkk...ngard4.rar

pls report full debug

Good news, everything seems just fine with this build!
Lipsync issue usually varies with each hw/system mostly with external audio decoder device. I'd suggest you should test with direct connect to tv regarding this issue. For external amp you may need to adjust latency for your system yourself. Since it's mostly different from system to system. And even sometimes version to version.

Blackscreen issue like Djoole encountered when playback stop still happens to me. I can successfully quit with remote power button then ok. It was there for some times not just recently.
(2015-05-12, 21:43)Warner306 Wrote: I think the lip-sync is slightly off in this build compared to the last stable build. I noticed that in the last test build, as well.

that's strange, I did not change anything about it, i just optimized madvr playstart and stop, even if kodi team changes something it can not have effect with our direct show filter

(2015-05-12, 22:21)djoole Wrote: Good news, everything seems just fine with this build!

great Smile

(2015-05-12, 22:22)oldpoem Wrote: Blackscreen issue like Djoole encountered when playback stop still happens to me. I can successfully quit with remote power button then ok. It was there for some times not just recently.

are you using isengard dsplayer with the latest test build posted? if yes, can you post a debug log and try to catch a madvr freeze report?

you have to put Kodi.exe and related Kodi.pdb in the same folder where kodi it's installed and press and hold for a few secs CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+BREAK/PAUSE when the black screen occurs

have you noticed if this happens with or without fullscreen exclusive mode?
It is not locked up or not responding. It just not return to gui when playback finish/stop. So I don't see madvr crash report when this happens.

I'll try to put pdb and create log file but I won't have access to my windows htpc for few days. Also in my system playback would not be smooth with fullscreen non-exclusive mode since madvr intregration so I didn't bother change it from exclusive mode.
For those wanting some help with the new madVR processing features, I have included some information in the MPC set-up guide. When DSPlayer is updated, I will copy the information into the DSPlayer guide.

For the record, I don't like any of the shaders; I find the extra sharpening creates artifacts.

I included passages on:
  • 10-bit Display Output
  • Image Enhancements
  • Upscaling Refinement
These features are described in two sections:

madVR Set-up

Hardware Suggestions, madVR Profiles & Advanced Settings
Regarding my post earlier, it's not the framerate jumping from 23.5 to 24.5, it's just reported like that when i press the O button in kodi.

As i said i use "Sync playback to display" and not the reverse, this seems to solve the judder/random hackyness appearing back and forth.

I wasn't able to find this function in MadVR, smooth motion created loads of motion blur at 60Hz.

I could test again, but i can't really be bothered tinkering for hours again.
(2015-05-12, 23:25)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 22:21)djoole Wrote: Good news, everything seems just fine with this build!

great Smile

OK I've spoken too fast.

I still have the problem of black screen after a video has stopped by itself.
Kodi is still responding (you know it thanks to the gui sounds when you use keyboard navigation).
In order to get the gui back, you have to CTRL-ALT-DEL then ALT TAB to Kodi.

If you try and launch a video, go a few seconds before the end, and let it finish, the bug is not occuring.
But i think it might be systematic if you let the video run for a long time like all the duration of it, and let it end by itself (occured 2 times to me, the only 2 times i followed this scenario actually)

Here are the Kodi debug logs (video ended at 23:51:29) : http://pastebin.com/RC1ikruB
I see nothing special compared to logs of a video end without the black screen issue..
(2015-05-14, 00:14)djoole Wrote: OK I've spoken too fast.

I still have the problem of black screen after a video has stopped by itself.
Kodi is still responding (you know it thanks to the gui sounds when you use keyboard navigation).
In order to get the gui back, you have to CTRL-ALT-DEL then ALT TAB to Kodi.

If you try and launch a video, go a few seconds before the end, and let it finish, the bug is not occuring.
But i think it might be systematic if you let the video run for a long time like all the duration of it, and let it end by itself (occured 2 times to me, the only 2 times i followed this scenario actually)

Here are the Kodi debug logs (video ended at 23:51:29) : http://pastebin.com/RC1ikruB
I see nothing special compared to logs of a video end without the black screen issue..

you have to know that from the very first release of dsplayer + madVR i never had all these problem with start and stop... so solve all of them without an error i had to debug in my head to find out what it could be wrong during playstart and stop

i pushed a new commit with a fix, and your debug log confirms the problem that i just fixed Smile

https://github.com/aracnoz/xbmc/commit/8...37a7f705ee

that's the problem

23:51:29 T:2952 DEBUG: CDSGraph::HandleGraphEvent EC_COMPLETE

DSPlayer perform a stop with another thread on movie complete

i made some other important changes that i have to test yet... i will post another test build tomorrow
Great Smile
I'll test it.
But how come i can't reproduce the issue systematically?
because in this wrong situation there are two thread

the first one it's the kodi main thread
the second it's a thread created in dsplayer that performs the stop and restores the textures from madvr to kodi

sometime the thread that come from dsplayer performs the stop before that the main thread try to access to the textures, and everythings goes without error
other times dsplayer it's too slow and kodi tries to access to the textures while DSPlayer is still restoring

normally the stop it's called by the main thread and there is only one thread at work
Hell, I'm happy I don't have all those problems u guys have
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
@djoole, @oldpoem

this should fix the black screen on stop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/phq5w6...ngard5.rar
I installed it and will report back after a few tries.
Thanks for the bug explanation.

@vicmanpergard, I don't know why you never have the problem, maybe because most of the time you stop manually the videos.
First of all, thanks for this!!! I've wanted native madvr in Kodi/XBMC for what seems like forever.

It's working with the isengard build, but there's frequent stuttering when using this build with either Kodi/Madvr/reclock or Kodi/external player.

However, if I just launch the file directly (1080p/lossless audio mkv) with mpc-be/madvr/reclock, or use Helix stable with external player, playback is butter smooth. Quality settings are maxxed (as I understand them).

CPU/mem are low, but per GPU-z, GPU load is about double with this build. It's like Madvr is running twice somehow (once for UI, once for movie).

I'm using AMD R9 270 with a recent i5 CPU. Not sure if the AMD is causing the issue somehow.

Also, just fyi for those who might run into this, I had a black screen that required task manager to exit, when I enabled "windowed overlay" in the madvr rendering settings.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47