• 40(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Update: 15.0 Isengard beta1 - build (20150519-08e0b5e)

it contains the recents fixes, for download and full changelog see at first page
(2015-05-20, 04:12)Warner306 Wrote: I haven't. I was wondering how your experience with 3D LUTs turned out?

I haven't gotten around to it yet. This is the busy time of year for me
@aracnoz,
Do you think you're going to be able to fix the multi part videos problem?

I encountered another issue but i need to do more tests to see if it's systematic : the video was paused long enough for the screensaver (pictures slideshow ss addon) to start. When i hit the play button, nothing happenned. At the second press, black screen and Kodi frozen.
@Talguy
I'm running dsplayer with ambient light system and it's working well. No dropped frames or glitches. Though, madvr needs to be used in windowed mode, not in exclusive if ambient system is desired to used in my setup. And it makes a greater load on my system. But i3-3225 in my setup can handle it.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-05-20, 14:50)djoole Wrote: @aracnoz,

I encountered another issue but i need to do more tests to see if it's systematic : the video was paused long enough for the screensaver (pictures slideshow ss addon) to start. When i hit the play button, nothing happenned. At the second press, black screen and Kodi frozen.

all these things are already fixed, with the player in pause there was an high gpu load, the workaround it's for this, but should be a possible cause for the freeze
Fixed in the yesterday build? I thought it was the same than build6.
Great!! I'll install it ASAP.
(2015-05-20, 16:28)weirdinin Wrote: @Talguy
I'm running dsplayer with ambient light system and it's working well. No dropped frames or glitches. Though, madvr needs to be used in windowed mode, not in exclusive if ambient system is desired to used in my setup. And it makes a greater load on my system. But i3-3225 in my setup can handle it.

Thanks for the info, I may invest in a setup now. A little more info on your setup would be appreciated. If its too OT then PM me.
Hi!
Today I install DSPlayer Setup: 15.0 Isengard beta1 - build (20150519-08e0b5e)
/however, Kodi system info says: Kodi 15.0-BETA2/
immediately noticed, that when i stop playback, screen darkens, and 0.5 seconds see Windows taskbar, and after see Kodi interface!
I tried test build 2 - It worked fine without this little problem.
With build 6 - there was a problem.

Win 7 x86
AMD 7730 (Catalist 15.4 Beta)
madVR 08.88
LAV filters 0.65.0
ReClock 1.8.8.5
XySubFilter_3.1.0.705_x86_BETA2
(2015-05-20, 19:33)Bomeranger Wrote: Hi!
immediately noticed, that when i stop playback, screen darkens, and 0.5 seconds see Windows taskbar, and after see Kodi interface!

Win 7 x86
madVR 08.88
LAV filters 0.65.0
ReClock 1.8.8.5

I believed this behaviour is an approach to fix problem with windows focus which is partial cause of blackscreen problem. We probably have to get use to it or just auto-hide taskbar.
I solved all focus problems by making windows to boot directly to kodi as a shell http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Make_Window...a_shell%29
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-05-20, 21:28)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 19:33)Bomeranger Wrote: Hi!

Win 7 x86
madVR 08.88
LAV filters 0.65.0
ReClock 1.8.8.5

I believed this behaviour is an approach to fix problem with windows focus which is partial cause of blackscreen problem. We probably have to get use to it or just auto-hide taskbar.

This behavior is normal if using madVR in fullscreen exclusive mode because Kodi is minimized to make room for madVR. The Taskbar will flash as madVR is closed and Kodi is reopened.

Try adding a pause between refresh change to mask the Taskbar.
The new build is compatible with recent versions of madVR, so I updated the set-up guide with instruction on how to use the new processing features. This information has been edited a few times. All new features are subject to change in the near future as they are experimental. This includes:
  • 10-bit output
  • Image Enhancements - pre-resized sharpening
  • Upscaling Refinement - post-resized sharpening
  • SuperRes filter - chroma upscaling
  • NEDI image doubling
Thanks for the commits and the new build (and the rapidly updated guide!)

Can confirm working with MadVR 0.88.8, FSE mode.
Single stream files play well

Will post log if any issues.
Glenn
(2015-05-20, 17:19)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 14:50)djoole Wrote: @aracnoz,

all these things are already fixed, with the player in pause there was an high gpu load, the workaround it's for this, but should be a possible cause for the freeze

I can confirm that multi part videos are playing ok in the last build.
There is a return to nav screen and a refresh change between parts but it's not a big deal, at least for me.

I haven't tried the pause yet.

Anyway, thanks so much aracnoz for everything you do, because you do it quick and you do it well Smile
Just want to say thanks!! This is amazing. Thanks so much for creating and maintaining this Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47