• 41(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Black screen on many of my videos with the latest madvr, it plays with EVR.
(2015-05-21, 19:12)AppData Wrote: Black screen on many of my videos with the latest madvr, it plays with EVR.

On play start/stop or while seeking?
(2015-05-21, 23:51)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 19:12)AppData Wrote: Black screen on many of my videos with the latest madvr, it plays with EVR.

Just a black screen (with sound) with some videos. On seek, sometimes Kodi will freeze. I think the latest Madvr and dsplayer just don't like each other.
(2015-05-22, 00:12)AppData Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 23:51)Warner306 Wrote:

Just a black screen (with sound) with some videos. On seek, sometimes Kodi will freeze. I think the latest Madvr and dsplayer just don't like each other.

Check if Kodi is in exclusive mode (System - Video Output). You need to disable it when using madVR.
(2015-05-22, 00:34)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 00:12)AppData Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 23:51)Warner306 Wrote: On play start/stop or while seeking?

Check if Kodi is in exclusive mode (System - Video Output). You need to disable it when using madVR.

Exclusive mode was disabled. All settings are the same as before I upgraded madvr to 0.88, anyway, it seems OK with 0.87 aside from hanging when I use seek (sometimes).
I don't think we will get ever a perfect stable way to render with madvr. This renderer is so unpredictable and messy. Everytime single time we fix something a new bug come out
For me it's stable enough. In my setup crashes are quite rare and now that I disabled slide show screensaver during pause, most crashes are gone. In addition, I set another profile in kodi for non-tech users. In that profile dsplayer is disabled. So other users can use that, especially as they cannot see difference between madvr and dvdplayer.
I want you to know that your work and effort is very much appreciated even though it's not as stable as official kodi. Keep up the good work, it's not going to be wasted!
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-05-22, 01:05)AppData Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 00:34)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 00:12)AppData Wrote: Just a black screen (with sound) with some videos. On seek, sometimes Kodi will freeze. I think the latest Madvr and dsplayer just don't like each other.

Exclusive mode was disabled. All settings are the same as before I upgraded madvr to 0.88, anyway, it seems OK with 0.87 aside from hanging when I use seek (sometimes).

Have you tried remuxing the files that break on seek? I linked to a utility at the end of the set-up guide that is useful for this purpose.
(2015-05-22, 04:43)tiben20 Wrote: I don't think we will get ever a perfect stable way to render with madvr. This renderer is so unpredictable and messy. Everytime single time we fix something a new bug come out

This is disappointing. Perhaps you will have to wait for a proper version 1.0 and work with madshi on the stability issues. The program is currently in flux and changing all the time. This could have something to do with the stability issues. madshi seems most concerned about maintaining compatibility with desktop players such as MPC.

I think the program is starting to become too bloated, but progress between versions has been slow. 0.88 still a long ways away from 1.0.

I am not experiencing any crashes to speak of since the earlier versions. Based on the ratio of complaints to users, I believe most people aren't experiencing these issues.

I would hope that madVR and DSPlayer would live on because it is the best frontend/media player that I know of. I could buy a Blu-ray player for $1000 and play the discs I own and get a worse experience than the digital jukebox of DSPlayer and madVR. That is valuable. If I was to put a pricetag on it, it would be at least $500 per unit if Kodi was included in the bundle.
guys it's not possible that i have to say always the same things :\, without a debug log and/or a madVR freeze log properly reported, how can we know where it's the problem?

we have to know at least when it happens...

i also added a new option in video - playback - "Change refresh before play start" to try only with madVR if something wrong happen at playstart with the new versions +fse

with madVR there are alot of new option, we also need to know these things like... i'm at 8bit/10bit or D3D9/D3D11 device

the black screen it's only the consequence but not the cause of the issue that can be different for each case
(2015-05-22, 11:17)aracnoz Wrote: guys it's not possible that i have to say always the same things :\, without a debug log and/or a madVR freeze log properly reported, how can we know where it's the problem?

we have to know at least when it happens...

i also added a new option in video - playback - "Change refresh before play start" to try only with madVR if something wrong happen at playstart with the new versions +fse

with madVR there are alot of new option, we also need to know these things like... i'm at 8bit/10bit or D3D9/D3D11 device

the black screen it's only the consequence but not the cause of the issue that can be different for each case

I think everyone is still in awe that you guys have managed to pull this off, I know I am!!

Great work.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Regarding madVR, the latest release is not stable, madshi has been very eloquent regarding this. I am honestly surprised that there's time devoted to trying to make that work. Why not concentrate on the latest stable release of madVR? When the new features are finalized... then it would make sense trying to make it work with DSplayer, unless I'm missing something.

All this is not meant to tell aracnoz how he should be spending his time. It's more in reply to tiben20. While madVR is... temperamental... using an unstable version is bound to lead to bugs, isn't it?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-22, 08:08)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 04:43)tiben20 Wrote: I don't think we will get ever a perfect stable way to render with madvr. This renderer is so unpredictable and messy. Everytime single time we fix something a new bug come out

This is disappointing. Perhaps you will have to wait for a proper version 1.0 and work with madshi on the stability issues. The program is currently in flux and changing all the time. This could have something to do with the stability issues. madshi seems most concerned about maintaining compatibility with desktop players such as MPC.

I think the program is starting to become too bloated, but progress between versions has been slow. 0.88 still a long ways away from 1.0.

I am not experiencing any crashes to speak of since the earlier versions. Based on the ratio of complaints to users, I believe most people aren't experiencing these issues.

I would hope that madVR and DSPlayer would live on because it is the best frontend/media player that I know of. I could buy a Blu-ray player for $1000 and play the discs I own and get a worse experience than the digital jukebox of DSPlayer and madVR. That is valuable. If I was to put a pricetag on it, it would be at least $500 per unit if Kodi was included in the bundle.

In fact, i don't have any of the problems in this threat. The only one i got yesterday (for the first time) was a black screen, when I left a TV Show get to the end by itself. I was in the kitchen, when i got back, black screen. No responsiveness. Checked some things, till it recovered to kodi when i changed inputs in the AVR. Weird? It is like if u turn off the display or monitor. I changed to watch TV, and then back to HTPC, Heard the classic Windows sound when some hardware is configured, and black screen became Kodi main menu, working normally. On the other hand, i already had left a movie end by itself before, just to check what ppl complained about here, but it didn't give me any problem.
ANd I agree with u, madVR+DSplayer = bestNowadays.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
I am running the Helix build, upgraded lately to madVR 0.88.8 and have none of the issues above (except the GUI lag, but it is tolerable with 4 advance frames).

Using D3D11 + 10 bit FSE, Radeon 6570, Windows 8.1 64 bit. I installed the dsplayer build from scratch and re-created the library. I use madVR refresh rate switching only and Kodi in fake fullscreen mode.

I am extremely grateful for dsplayer+madVR, even with these little bugs this is by far the best movie playback experience on a HTPC for me. Great PQ, accurate 24p and best available codecs.
I was speaking from a programming standpoint.

I love where dsplayer is right now and i hope the community will use it as much as possible.

For the gui lag im not sure if the problem can be fixed on kodi side.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47