• 42(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hi again!

I read advice...
"I believed this behaviour is an approach to fix problem with windows focus which is partial cause of blackscreen problem. We probably have to get use to it or just auto-hide taskbar. "
"I solved all focus problems by making windows to boot directly to kodi as a shell... URL..."
And the best: Wink
"This behavior is normal if using madVR in fullscreen exclusive mode because Kodi is minimized to make room for madVR. The Taskbar will flash as madVR is closed and Kodi is reopened.
Try adding a pause between refresh change to mask the Taskbar."

I wrote that "I tried test build 2 - It worked fine without this little problem."
- no black screen bug, without having to install Kodi as shell, pause = 2.1sec...
With build (20150519-08e0b5e) I reproduce a sequence of clips (play folder with *.mov from camera Nikon P330) - after closure clip I see Windows taskbar, Kodi inerface and after play next clip. With test build 2 - end clip, pair seconds black screen, and after play next clip! Without "kodi as a shell"...
http://pastebin.com/BLHRj9bz
(2015-05-22, 15:29)tiben20 Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 04:43)tiben20 Wrote: I don't think we will get ever a perfect stable way to render with madvr. This renderer is so unpredictable and messy. Everytime single time we fix something a new bug come out
I was speaking from a programming standpoint.

I love where dsplayer is right now and i hope the community will use it as much as possible.

For the gui lag im not sure if the problem can be fixed on kodi side.
I surely didn't want to raise a fuss with you, who's contributed so much to this version of XBMC/Kodi. I was only genuinely surprised that so much effort was devoted to an unstable version of madVR. This is always a fast moving target but this, specifically, it's a very fast one. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-22, 20:43)Bomeranger Wrote: Hi again!

I read advice...
"I believed this behaviour is an approach to fix problem with windows focus which is partial cause of blackscreen problem. We probably have to get use to it or just auto-hide taskbar. "
"I solved all focus problems by making windows to boot directly to kodi as a shell... URL..."
"This behavior is normal if using madVR in fullscreen exclusive mode because Kodi is minimized to make room for madVR. The Taskbar will flash as madVR is closed and Kodi is reopened.

I wrote that "I tried test build 2 - It worked fine without this little problem."
- no black screen bug, without having to install Kodi as shell, pause = 2.1sec...
With build (20150519-08e0b5e) I reproduce a sequence of clips (play folder with *.mov from camera Nikon P330) - after closure clip I see Windows taskbar, Kodi inerface and after play next clip. With test build 2 - end clip, pair seconds black screen, and after play next clip! Without "kodi as a shell"...

Aracnoz implemented this behaviour around build 4 or 5. It was not yet implemented in build 2 though.
Just want to add that everything is working smoothly now in my setup. Problem I had earlier was resolved by upgrading madvr from .88.5 to .88.8.

I really appreciate all the effort that has gone into this!

I read advice...

I've seen the Taskbar from the beginning. One of the builds might have fixed this. If you use an external player, you will get the same thing because Kodi is minimized. If Kodi doesn't hide the Taskbar, you will see it when madVR closes or pauses between clips. There might be some way to mask this by blacking-out the screen for a few seconds. Maybe that's what build 2 does.

Seeing the Taskbar would imply DSPlayer is stopping and starting between clips. This might be intentional to fix another bug.
(2015-05-23, 01:18)Warner306 Wrote:

I read advice...

I've seen the Taskbar from the beginning. One of the builds might have fixed this. If you use an external player, you will get the same thing because Kodi is minimized. If Kodi doesn't hide the Taskbar, you will see it when madVR closes or pauses between clips. There might be some way to mask this by blacking-out the screen for a few seconds. Maybe that's what build 2 does.

Seeing the Taskbar would imply DSPlayer is stopping and starting between clips. This might be intentional to fix another bug.
the taskbar is due to the switch from d3ddevice. Madshi from madvr insist on using is own created the device. Everytime we start madvr texture from kodi device are released(removed from memory) and recreated using madvr 3d device. And when it stop it again switch back to kodi device releasing and recreating again the texture.
One question: considering the whole playback pipeline changes with DSPlayer, would it be possible to implement slow motion and frame by frame advancement?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I am trying the latest release (May 19th) and I seem to have a problem with Reclock not detecting the correct refresh rate (ie. the player correctly shifts to 23.976Hz but Reclock still "sees" the display at 60Hz). Does anybody know how to fix this? Am I the only one seeing this? I use Reclock the way it's supposed to be, resampling audio to properly nail smooth framerate (although I have very close to perfect refresh rates, 23.9761xxx).

Thanks!

Also, for aracnoz: under the DSPlayer settings I see the option of using (or not) the dialog windows for audio and subtitle choices. Is that something you added? Because I see it carries to DVDPlayer as well, and I really like it, as I'm not a fan of the new behaviour.
I believed dialog windows was there since before aracnoz took over. IIRC Roman_VM implemented it because DSPlayer had render problem when you scrolled through subtitles tracks. Selecting from dialog was the workaround.
Well, I really like it as an option not to use a solution for a problem I didn't have.
it's not normal that the taskbar it's showed... at least it's never happened to me, i made a new build to test, i changed something that should help to solve the issue

then i added a new option in Video - DSPlayer - "Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop", to choose if to force madvr to exit from the fullscreen (exclusive-mode and windowed-mode) before to start with all stopping procedure

with this option we enable the new behavior that has created some problem to @Bomeranger but has solved the issue with blackscreen for @everyone else

now i would to know if with the changes that i made to solve the "visible taskbar" there are some improvements also on the blackscreen

so @djoole can you test this build with or without the new option to see if/when you have the balckscreen (just to be clear you should have the blackscreen with the option disabled)

@Bomeranger can you test to see if with or without this new option you can see the taskbar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a68n2b...ngard7.rar
(2015-05-23, 12:15)ashlar Wrote: One question: considering the whole playback pipeline changes with DSPlayer, would it be possible to implement slow motion and frame by frame advancement?
i suppose it can be done the code is already there for the slow motion since the fast forward is already implemented. Does the slow motion and frame by frame is already present kodi?
(2015-05-24, 00:26)aracnoz Wrote: it's not normal that the taskbar it's showed... at least it's never happened to me, i made a new build to test, i changed something that should help to solve the issue

then i added a new option in Video - DSPlayer - "Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop", to choose if to force madvr to exit from the fullscreen (exclusive-mode and windowed-mode) before to start with all stopping procedure

with this option we enable the new behavior that has created some problem to @Bomeranger but has solved the issue with blackscreen for @everyone else

now i would to know if with the changes that i made to solve the "visible taskbar" there are some improvements also on the blackscreen

so @djoole can you test this build with or without the new option to see if/when you have the balckscreen (just to be clear you should have the blackscreen with the option disabled)

@Bomeranger can you test to see if with or without this new option you can see the taskbar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a68n2b...ngard7.rar

Hi I was seeing the taskbar too, but with this new option on or off the taskbar is no longer visible
Just going to test the black screen issue as I was getting that too, do I need any specific settings enabled in Kodi - system - video - playback to test image below are my current settings. Cheers

9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Nobody using Reclock and having problems with its detected refresh rate not matching the one Kodi switches to before playback?
I don't use ReClock so can't say on that issue.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47