• 43(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
@oldpoem what do you use instead of ReClock? thanks
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-05-24, 00:26)aracnoz Wrote: it's not normal that the taskbar it's showed... at least it's never happened to me, i made a new build to test, i changed something that should help to solve the issue

then i added a new option in Video - DSPlayer - "Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop", to choose if to force madvr to exit from the fullscreen (exclusive-mode and windowed-mode) before to start with all stopping procedure

with this option we enable the new behavior that has created some problem to @Bomeranger but has solved the issue with blackscreen for @everyone else

now i would to know if with the changes that i made to solve the "visible taskbar" there are some improvements also on the blackscreen

so @djoole can you test this build with or without the new option to see if/when you have the balckscreen (just to be clear you should have the blackscreen with the option disabled)

@Bomeranger can you test to see if with or without this new option you can see the taskbar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a68n2b...ngard7.rar

Thanks Aracnoz - seems to be working nicely here!

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
I use reClock mate, but without a problem, sorry can't help u.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-05-24, 00:26)aracnoz Wrote: @Bomeranger can you test to see if with or without this new option you can see the taskbar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a68n2b...ngard7.rar
Hi!
1. I install test build 7 - only copy files from *.rar without change settings, and play folder with *.mov clips (like last time).
After first clip black screen, and 1-2 seconds i see Kodi interface (without Win task bar), after Kodi play next (second) clip. After second clip i see black screen (1-2 sec) and play next.
it was for 4 (?) clips. And i see 0,1 sec Kodi interface, after only a black screen between clips.
Log: http://pastebin.com/GUhRYXTq

2. "Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop", and... no play files:Sad
log: http://pastebin.com/gqzR3GLV
and appeared xbmc_crashlog-15.0-BETA2 Git_20150523-1a56f8a-20150524-165449.dmp -
https://yadi.sk/d/UDjlyuOTgqQ4v

PS
3. After the experiment, It happened to run another (similar) folder with *.mov
Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pfqi1frni
(2015-05-24, 15:43)vicmanpergar Wrote: I use reClock mate, but without a problem, sorry can't help u.
Are you sure it's working correctly? You can check that by using CTRL+J and seeing detailed stats for madVR. When Reclock works correctly, madVR reports "One frame drop every..." and we talk hours. If Reclock doesn't detect the switched refresh rate, the time reported is far less between predicted fame drops.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-24, 13:03)wints Wrote: @oldpoem what do you use instead of ReClock? thanks

I never had problem with syncing even PAL files so I've no use of Reclock.
Hrmmmm... I've installed the latest version, plus I've updated all components (madVR, LAV Filters, Reclock). Now Reclock seems to be working as it should, fingers crossed.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-05-24, 16:05)Bomeranger Wrote: Hi!
1. I install test build 7 - only copy files from *.rar without change settings, and play folder with *.mov clips (like last time).
After first clip black screen, and 1-2 seconds i see Kodi interface (without Win task bar), after Kodi play next (second) clip. After second clip i see black screen (1-2 sec) and play next.
it was for 4 (?) clips. And i see 0,1 sec Kodi interface, after only a black screen between clips.
Log: http://pastebin.com/GUhRYXTq

it's the normal behavior for "play next video automatically", DSPlayer closes the medias as usual, turns back to the main menu and then opens the next file.

(2015-05-24, 16:05)Bomeranger Wrote: 2. "Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop", and... no play files:Sad
log: http://pastebin.com/gqzR3GLV
and appeared xbmc_crashlog-15.0-BETA2 Git_20150523-1a56f8a-20150524-165449.dmp -
https://yadi.sk/d/UDjlyuOTgqQ4v

here the problem it's with stream details, you are trying to play file that are not scanned by some scrapers, like movies or tv series... so there are not info tag and dsplayer try to catch these by CDVDDemuxFFmpeg but this it's another thing, from what i can see in your log dsplayer always fails when it try to read this your file "D:\TV_rec_2\Португалия 23.07-02.08.2014\DSCN0015.MOV" so maybe something wrong with this particular file
anyway i missed completily your attempts with your nikon files Smile, my concerns was about the taskbar shown on Kodi with or without the new option

i think that with this release should not happen anymore

(2015-05-24, 11:00)wints Wrote: Hi I was seeing the taskbar too, but with this new option on or off the taskbar is no longer visible
Just going to test the black screen issue as I was getting that too, do I need any specific settings enabled in Kodi - system - video - playback to test image below are my current settings. Cheers

from what i can see you are using the option "Change refresh before playstart"... without this options have you had any kind of problem?
then for the pause on refresh it's useless with madVR i disabled because was only cause of problems

p.s.

let me know if you have also solved the problem on stop and blackscreen (with or without the new option "Force madVR to exit from fullscreen before stop")... anyway as i already said the blackscreen on stop that i'm trying to solve it's only a problem of focus, if you experienced this issue should hear the sound from the gui and kodi should remain responsive to the command otherwise the problem it's different

@ashlar

i use reclock and never had a problem... with reclock madVR says 1 frame drop every and then a value between 1 day and 1 week, without reclock it says 1 frame drop between 20 minutes or 40 minutes
I had installed the DSplayer build of Kodi Helix 14.2 a few weeks ago. I switched back to using MPC-HC as an external player since Kodi would lock up hard when I would stop video playback. Also, switching to the Main Menu with Preview Window (Aeon MQ5 skin) would cause the Main Menu to display incorrectly.

I would like to try the latest setting to exit fullscreen on stop (and any other stability enhancements); but, don't want to install Isengard yet. How can I update to the latest DSPlayer on Kodi Helix 14.2?

Thanks in advance!
(2015-05-24, 21:38)MKANET Wrote: I had installed the DSplayer build of Kodi Helix 14.2 a few weeks ago. I switched back to using MPC-HC as an external player since Kodi would lock up hard when I would stop video playback. Also, switching to the Main Menu with Preview Window (Aeon MQ5 skin) would cause the Main Menu to display incorrectly.

I would like to try the latest setting to exit fullscreen on stop (and any other stability enhancements); but, don't want to install Isengard yet. How can I update to the latest DSPlayer on Kodi Helix 14.2?

Thanks in advance!

You can't. It is an Isengard build.
Thanks. It was actually easy for me to cleanly install Kodi Isengard DSPlayer (with DSPlayer update #7).

Could someone please help me to add ffdshow audio processor for mp3 media file playback? I added this as a "Extra" filter for mp3 filetrypes; keeping all other dsplayer settings at their defaults... however, the filter is completely ignored when starting playback of mp3 files in Kodi. I don't have any issues adding this filter to MPC-HC or other directshow applications.

So, what's the trick to get it working here?

(2015-05-24, 23:40)MKANET Wrote: Thanks. It was actually easy for me to cleanly install Kodi Isengard DSPlayer (with DSPlayer update #7).

Could someone please help me to add ffdshow audio processor for mp3 media file playback? I added this as a "Extra" filter for mp3 filetrypes; keeping all other dsplayer settings at their defaults... however, the filter is completely ignored when starting playback of mp3 files in Kodi. I don't have any issues adding this filter to MPC-HC or other directshow applications.

oldpoem is the expert on FFDShow. Looking at the screenshot, I think it is supposed to be "ffdshow Audio Decoder" not ffdshow Audio Processor. This is likely your problem. Check the end of this section in the guide for a screenshot reference: 1966557 (post).

So you don't have any issues with lock-ups on stop? I think aracnoz is still working on this issue. Although, the issue is a black screen not a freeze. I haven't experienced any freezes since the earlier Helix builds.
I thought I would try completely clean, from scratch using the latest Isengard/Dsplayer. Things were looking good until I enabled Fullscreen Exclusive mode.

After I enable Fullscreen Exclusive (even with "Force MADVR to exit from fullscreen before STOP), Kodi locks up hard IMMEDIATELY after pressing stop. It doesn't even get a chance to switch out of fullscreen, since it locks up hard instantly after pressing stop.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like anything has really improved, if anything, its a bit worse; as it happens almost every time. It looks like FSE is what actually makes DSPlayer unusable for me.

If I remember right, aracnoz suggested that these weird instability/black screen issues wont likely get fixed until DSPlayer is completely re-written to work more intimately with MadVR.

Luckily it's pretty easy for me to revert back to MPC-HC with MadVR; with just switching to my old playercorefactory.xml; which everything works correctly, including resume, window mode toggle, Kodi navigation hotkeys, etc.

Oh well, looks like it's not going to matter if I get ffdshow audio processor work with DSplayer.

(2015-05-24, 23:56)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 23:40)MKANET Wrote: Thanks. It was actually easy for me to cleanly install Kodi Isengard DSPlayer (with DSPlayer update #7).

oldpoem is the expert on FFDShow.

So you don't have any issues with lock-ups on stop? I think aracnoz is still working on this issue.
I never tried to use DSPlayer to play audio files. I'm not sure it's supported. DSPlayer was focused on replace DVDPlayer. Kodi used PAPlayer module to play audio files instead. Maybe aracnoz or tiben20 can shed some light on this matter.
(2015-05-25, 00:16)MKANET Wrote: I thought I would try completely clean, from scratch using the latest Isengard/Dsplayer. Things were looking good until I enabled Fullscreen Exclusive mode.

After I enable Fullscreen Exclusive (even with "Force MADVR to exit from fullscreen before STOP), Kodi locks up hard IMMEDIATELY after pressing stop. It doesn't even get a chance to switch out of fullscreen, since it locks up hard instantly after pressing stop.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like anything has really improved, if anything, its a bit worse; as it happens almost every time. It looks like FSE is what actually makes DSPlayer unusable for me.

If I remember right, aracnoz suggested that these weird instability/black screen issues wont likely get fixed until DSPlayer is completely re-written to work more intimately with MadVR.

Luckily it's pretty easy for me to revert back to MPC-HC with MadVR; with just switching to my old playercorefactory.xml; which everything works correctly, including resume, window mode toggle, Kodi navigation hotkeys, etc.

Oh well, looks like it's not going to matter if I get ffdshow audio processor work with DSplayer.

(2015-05-24, 23:56)Warner306 Wrote:

oldpoem is the expert on FFDShow.

So you don't have any issues with lock-ups on stop? I think aracnoz is still working on this issue.

Why don't you use Windowed mode? Unless you are outputting in 10 bits, picture quality and performance will be identical.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47