• 50(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-06-07, 23:01)nedge2k Wrote: Works well for me, with 2 small issues...

-Occasional crash during a long programme (i.e. F1)
The crash happens with MadVR or EVR ?
Is this happens only when you watch live tv? Did you tried to play media files?

(2015-06-07, 23:01)nedge2k Wrote: -Cannot play recorded programme while it is still recording
You have to change "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg" in MP Addon settings.

New DSPlayer rules:

mediasconfig.xml rules:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
    <rules>
        <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|bdmv">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
        </rule>
        <rule filetypes="wmv">
            <source filter="wmasfreader" />
            <splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
            <video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
            <audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
        </rule>
        <!-- You need Real Alternative in order to read real media files -->
        <rule filetypes="rmvb">
            <source filter="realsource" />
            <splitter filter="realsplitter" />
            <video filter="realvideodec" />
            <audio filter="realaudiodec" />
        </rule>
        <!-- Rules for .ts files  -->
        <rule filetypes="ts">
            <source filter="tsreader" />
            <splitter filter="tsreader" />
        </rule>
        <!-- Rules for rtsp stream  -->
        <rule protocols="rtsp">
        </rule>
        <rule url="true" protocols="rtsp">
            <source filter="tsreader" />
        </rule>
    </rules>
</mediasconfig>

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|mms|rtp" player="DVDPlayer" />
        <rule name="All Other" player="DSPlayer"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

With these settings, DSPlayer will play in-progress recordings but the total time will remain constant - this will be fixed in the next release.

(2015-06-07, 23:01)nedge2k Wrote: ...and as others have mentioned, switching times are slower but I suppose it's to be expected? (FWIW: UK, Blackgold DVB-T2 card.)

Aside from that... Smile Thanks for your work!
Switching time are slower compared to Kodi DVDPlayer.
Did you tested with EVR?
@*Roma*: Thanks for the work on LiveTV I had given up on that and just used standard for live TV.
I'm using DVBViewer Recording Service as backend. Will that work to? It should be supporting RTSP.

And question 2: Will it support Teletext which are used in some countries?
(2015-06-08, 12:01)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 23:01)nedge2k Wrote: Works well for me, with 2 small issues...

-Occasional crash during a long programme (i.e. F1)
The crash happens with MadVR or EVR ?
Is this happens only when you watch live tv? Did you tried to play media files?

Only tested with MadVR but i'm wondering if it was an issue with the programme as when I watched the recording back, it started stuttering really badly at around the same point. Will test further and update.

Will try EVR for TV, see what the switching times are like. By the way, how do you return to using DVDPlayer? I tried deleting the rstp and pvr rules but TV stopped working?

Will try the new rules tonight. Thanks Smile
@aracnoz

I'm creating an application to setup everything for the best home cinema experience with latest software.
Kodi DSPlayer plays an important role in it.

Unfortunately MediaFire is hard to scrape with its random captcha.

Could you provide friendly direct download?
Why not using github releases as Kodi installer hosting?

Thanks!
(2015-06-03, 22:13)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 17:21)ExplodingCore Wrote: Any update on that ftp file path issue..?

i just tried with graphstudio, lavfilters works with an http server but not with a ftp server like ioftpd so i think that will never work with dsplayer

So is the problem dsplayer itself or the LAV filters? I'm asking cause my FTP server setup works really well for me, way better than NFS or SMB, it's just that I can't play files from my synced library using DSPlayer :/
Would be a shame if I had to drop one or the other..
So, no workaround or anything for this besides using DVDPlayer or something else than FTP?
(2015-06-08, 12:24)Bjur Wrote: @*Roma*: Thanks for the work on LiveTV I had given up on that and just used standard for live TV.
I'm using DVBViewer Recording Service as backend. Will that work to? It should be supporting RTSP.
DVBViewer doesn't support timeshift with http/rtsp streaming.
Kodi PVR TV-backend plugin for DVBViewer implements its own timeshift mechanism, but we can't use it.

You can use LAV Filter source splitter,but i think it will not work with timeshift.

(2015-06-08, 12:24)Bjur Wrote: And question 2: Will it support Teletext which are used in some countries?
According to this page, MediaPortal tsreader supports teletext, but i haven't tested this.

(2015-06-08, 12:30)nedge2k Wrote: Only tested with MadVR but i'm wondering if it was an issue with the programme as when I watched the recording back, it started stuttering really badly at around the same point. Will test further and update.

Will try EVR for TV, see what the switching times are like. By the way, how do you return to using DVDPlayer? I tried deleting the rstp and pvr rules but TV stopped working?

Will try the new rules tonight. Thanks Smile
In order to use DVDPlayer for live tv you have to change playercorefactory.xml rules:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|mms|rtp" player="DVDPlayer" />
        <rule name="PVR" filetypes="pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>    
        <rule name="All Other" player="DSPlayer"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>
roma, (one think that has nothing to with pvr): because of your playercorefactory all kinds of internet streams will play by kodis internal dvd player. is there a reason because rtsp, rtmp, mms, http, https play very well with lav source/splitter? (the only thing i miss in dsplayer version is the "cache size" info in osd (button "o"))
(2015-06-08, 21:15)Ed76 Wrote: roma, (one think that has nothing to with pvr): because of your playercorefactory all kinds of internet streams will play by kodis internal dvd player. is there a reason because rtsp, rtmp, mms, http, https play very well with lav source/splitter? (the only thing i miss in dsplayer version is the "cache size" info in osd (button "o"))

I don't tested all of protocols with DSPlayer Smile
If you tested all of them - you can post your playercorefactory.
(2015-06-07, 02:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 01:23)scott967 Wrote: Thought I would check this out (Isengard build) and you guys have done a great job here. I was wondering if there is any way in DSplayer to get accel playback with sound? In particular VLC player allows you to playback at 1.1x 1.2x 1.3x etc with sound and that's something I miss on dvdplayer. From what I've seen in the "feature request" forum there seems to be strong opposition to doing this in dvdplayer.

Wouldn't everything sound like the Chipmunks? That is not really consistent with the high-end experience DSPlayer is trying to offer.

Well, that's essentially what the Kodi devs say. I find watching tv shows in 1.3x speed works very well and in fact, after a while watching one at 1.0 seems excruciatingly slow. I guess I was hoping it was something simple that could be configured.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
How do I get BluRay BD50 rips (full bluray folder structures) and .iso files to play with DSPlayer?
Do I need to add some formats to filters, or something else?

When I select the BD50 to play, nothing happens. And when I select the .iso I get to choose between two suggested titles to play, neither start any playback.

Any help appreciated!
(2015-06-08, 23:21)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 02:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-07, 01:23)scott967 Wrote: Thought I would check this out (Isengard build) and you guys have done a great job here. I was wondering if there is any way in DSplayer to get accel playback with sound? In particular VLC player allows you to playback at 1.1x 1.2x 1.3x etc with sound and that's something I miss on dvdplayer. From what I've seen in the "feature request" forum there seems to be strong opposition to doing this in dvdplayer.

Wouldn't everything sound like the Chipmunks? That is not really consistent with the high-end experience DSPlayer is trying to offer.

Well, that's essentially what the Kodi devs say. I find watching tv shows in 1.3x speed works very well and in fact, after a while watching one at 1.0 seems excruciatingly slow. I guess I was hoping it was something simple that could be configured.

scott s.

not necessarily. many players (hardware and software) support playback speed control with adjusted pitch, so that the pitch remains the same but just faster. I would love to see either kodi or dsplayer be able to do the same. Especially because it integrates so nicely with the kodi interface. other players like mpv player can do it, but kodi has to open the program externally breaking the seamless integration one would like to see in a media center.

Mpv player is opensource, surely one wouldnt need to reivent the wheel to add a bit of code to be able to do this. Smile
Hi guys, I've a problem.
I just installed Kodi DSPlayer and I set it as the default video player, but when i try to reproduce a movie nothing happens.
If i disable DSPlayer as default video player, Kodi works again.

Why?

Thanks!
Attention to users of build10 or build from the main page (which is a bit later than build 10 but I don't know what is new in it) : do you reproduce the "GPU is getting very high causing fans to take off during pause"?
I can't be the only one?
Well, I can confirm that my GPU load doubles when paused and using NNEDI3 (128 Neurons)...
(2015-06-10, 20:06)EgYpT Wrote: Hi guys, I've a problem.
I just installed Kodi DSPlayer and I set it as the default video player, but when i try to reproduce a movie nothing happens.
If i disable DSPlayer as default video player, Kodi works again.

Why?

Thanks!

Did you install the Starter Kit from the set-up guide? Outside of that, you should provide a Kodi debug log for further assistance.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47