• 51(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-06-10, 20:20)djoole Wrote: Attention to users of build10 or build from the main page (which is a bit later than build 10 but I don't know what is new in it) : do you reproduce the "GPU is getting very high causing fans to take off during pause"?
I can't be the only one?

yes. but that's nothing that can be fixed on dsplayer side. madvr constantly redraws the ui when in a paused state. anytime the ui is showing it's going to ramp up the gpu. it redraws it over and over.
(2015-06-10, 22:01)ExplodingCore Wrote: Well, I can confirm that my GPU load doubles when paused and using NNEDI3 (128 Neurons)...

it doesn't matter what scaling algorithms you use, it's going to until the ui side of things in madVR are changed a bit.
(2015-06-10, 22:17)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 20:06)EgYpT Wrote: Hi guys, I've a problem.
I just installed Kodi DSPlayer and I set it as the default video player, but when i try to reproduce a movie nothing happens.
If i disable DSPlayer as default video player, Kodi works again.

Why?

Thanks!

Did you install the Starter Kit from the set-up guide? Outside of that, you should provide a Kodi debug log for further assistance.

Yes, I did it. This is the debug log (I hope this is the right file):

http://xbmclogs.com/p8rezdqri
(2015-06-11, 08:03)spencerjford Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 20:20)djoole Wrote: Attention to users of build10 or build from the main page (which is a bit later than build 10 but I don't know what is new in it) : do you reproduce the "GPU is getting very high causing fans to take off during pause"?
I can't be the only one?

yes. but that's nothing that can be fixed on dsplayer side. madvr constantly redraws the ui when in a paused state. anytime the ui is showing it's going to ramp up the gpu. it redraws it over and over.

I'm well aware of this behavior, aracnoz explained it already.
But he made a fix for that, the fix was effective with build 6, and maybe 7 (don't remember to many tested builds) but is no longer effective with latest builds..
Post deleted.
Finally it works! I don't know what was the problem, I tried to repeat all steps two times and it works.
Maybe I was wrong in some small detail.

Anyway thanks, Warner Smile
Someone already tried the news versions with plexbmc?
I realize that there is a limitation where Kodi DSP does not support playback of Blu-ray ISOs and Blu-ray folders, and that in these cases it can be routed to use DVDPlayer.

However, are there any plans to enable playback of Blu-ray ISOs/folders? I don't care about menus, just direct playback of titles.
FYI, madVR v0.88.12 introduced super-xbr chroma upscaling & image doubling. I added the following to the set-up guide regarding these features:

super-xbr vs. NEDI vs. NNEDI3 Image Doubling

Three options are available when image doubling: super-xbr, NEDI & NNEDI3. All three options are considered smart algorithms. Unlike linear scalers such as Jinc and Lanczos, smart algorithms rely on pattern recognition through statistical sampling. The result is smooth edges are detected and preserved while pixels perpendicular to these edges are sharpened. Several calculations are made to create weighted averages that are used to upscale the image. As a result, GPU performance tends to be sluggish.

super-xbr
  • Resolution doubler;
  • Relies on RGB inputs - luma and chroma are doubled together;
  • Fastest of the three. Only slightly slower than Jinc;
  • Sharper than Jinc with more ringing;
  • Less aliasing on edges than NNEDI3 16 neurons;
  • Best bang for the buck.
NEDI
  • Resolution doubler;
  • Relies on RGB inputs - luma and chroma are doubled together;
  • Second fastest of the three. Slower than super-xbr;
  • Least sharp of the three. Best used with SuperRes;
  • Known to introduce artifacts when used alone.
NNEDI3
  • Resolution doubler;
  • Uses YCbCr color space - capable of doubling luma and chroma independently;
  • Slowest of the three. Slower than NEDI;
  • Similar sharpness to super-xbr. But more in-focus;
  • Best overall image characteristics - sharpness, aliasing and ringing.
Image Comparison – Clown:
Jinc
NEDI
super-xbr
NNEDI3 256 neurons

Image Comparison – Lighthouse:
Jinc
NEDI
super-xbr
NNEDI3 256 neurons

Image Comparison – Lighthouse Top:
Jinc
NEDI
super-xbr
NNEDI3 256 neurons
Oh,
DSPlayer is already updated for Isengard Beta 2.

Thx a lot.
@roma, can we get a new version by you to be able to test live stream further. ArgusTV was working great so far.
(2015-06-15, 21:52)Sylus Wrote: @roma, can we get a new version by you to be able to test live stream further. ArgusTV was working great so far.

I have updated my post.
Added: DSPlayer 15.0 beta2 with PVR support.
Updated: DSPlayer Config XML Files.
I had been having issues after video was over, with main menu being laggy and generally unresponsive.

Yes, video ended on it's own OR by stopping/closing it.

I think I have found the problem.

madVR is not being closed completely after a video is over.

How to test? watch a video, let it end. Keep Kodi open, try to replace madvr.ax. you will see you can't because it's still open.

Soon as you completely close Kodi, it allows you too.
Post deleted.
Thx for the overview. It would be great if u can indicate under which circumstances the setting is useful. Like 720->1080 or only for 1080
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47