• 53(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-06-21, 13:51)jpsdr Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 20:00)Warner306 Wrote: Use ReClock as your audio renderer.

I've tried, configured Reclock in both wasapi exclusive and allowing bistream, because i thought it was the configuration which will create what i want. Supported audio format by audio receiver send in bitstream directly to it (ac3, dts, dts-hd, TrueHD, etc...) and unsuported decoded and send in PCM with the same number of channels than the source file.
Result was automatic faillure/reject when both of my no-regression test files received "unsuported audio format" message from Reclok ! But on one file, i've been able to get 2 channels.
I've tried, but clearly and unfortunately, the dsplayer version is not compliant with my files and my expectations.

Unless the reclock configuration for the behavior i expect is not the one i've made.

did you set the appropriate formats in lav audio filter to bitstream?
(2015-06-21, 13:51)jpsdr Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 20:00)Warner306 Wrote: Use ReClock as your audio renderer.

I've tried, configured Reclock in both wasapi exclusive and allowing bistream, because i thought it was the configuration which will create what i want. Supported audio format by audio receiver send in bitstream directly to it (ac3, dts, dts-hd, TrueHD, etc...) and unsuported decoded and send in PCM with the same number of channels than the source file.
Result was automatic faillure/reject when both of my no-regression test files received "unsuported audio format" message from Reclok ! But on one file, i've been able to get 2 channels.
I've tried, but clearly and unfortunately, the dsplayer version is not compliant with my files and my expectations.

Unless the reclock configuration for the behavior i expect is not the one i've made.

Try Waveout instead of WASAPI Exclusvie. That should fix the unsupported formats message.
Hi
Thanks again for dsplayer beta 2 - working well.

Do have one issue though.
madVR does not seem to enter full screen exclusive mode unless I either turn on madVR stats (Ctrl-J) or seek forward. A few moments after each of these something appears to register and MadVR - will change to full screen exclusive and all is fine.
If I leave it playing (without pushing the full screen mode change) it will finished the file and then Kodi freezes.

I have pause before refresh rate change 2 seconds enabled - the time does not appear to change anything though.
Running d3d11 exclusive mode and latest madVR

Any thoughts ?

Glenn
(2015-06-22, 00:05)GlennNZ Wrote: Hi

madVR does not seem to enter full screen exclusive mode unless I either turn on madVR stats (Ctrl-J) or seek forward. A few moments after each of these something appears to register and MadVR - will change to full screen exclusive and all is fine.
If I leave it playing (without pushing the full screen mode change) it will finished the file and then Kodi freezes.

I have pause before refresh rate change 2 seconds enabled - the time does not appear to change anything though.

Any thoughts ?

Glenn

If you are not outputting in 10-bits, I would disable Fullscreen exclusive mode. You won't gain anything if Windowed mode is already stable.
Thanks
Am outputting in 10bits and moved to full screen because of some issues with windowed (forgot now what they were).
It's interestingly almost perfect and obviously only takes some minor interaction seeking or displaying stats in MadVR to kick it into changing to full screen exclusive mode.

Glenn
(2015-06-22, 06:38)GlennNZ Wrote: Thanks
Am outputting in 10bits and moved to full screen because of some issues with windowed (forgot now what they were).
It's interestingly almost perfect and obviously only takes some minor interaction seeking or displaying stats in MadVR to kick it into changing to full screen exclusive mode.

Glenn

I think you will have to provide a debug log. Read the first post for more information.

I believe there is one option in DSPlayer settings you could play with related to start/stop behavior. I'd check there first.
Thanks.

Will post log:

Log as below - attempts to play file:

Does not change to fullscreen exclusive immediately
Bring up MadVR stats - forces changes to FSE mode

Manually Stop playback.

Manually Start playback again - same file.
Again does not enter fse immediately
Pause playback after a minute or so of playback in Windowed only mode.
After pause - forces/starts FSE mode (as should from beginning)

Interestingly enough after stopping - kodi freezes (rare error)

http://pastebin.com/FMEUqrus

Glenn
(2015-06-22, 01:35)Warner306 Wrote:

Any thoughts ?

Glenn

If you are not outputting in 10-bits, I would disable Fullscreen exclusive mode. You won't gain anything if Windowed mode is already stable.

(2015-06-22, 09:58)GlennNZ Wrote: Thanks.

Will post log:

Manually Stop playback.

Glenn

Did you try the setting Change refresh rate before play start under Video -> Playback?
(2015-06-21, 22:29)Warner306 Wrote: Try Waveout instead of WASAPI Exclusvie. That should fix the unsupported formats message.

Thanks for the answers, i'll test when i have time.
(2015-06-23, 07:26)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 01:35)Warner306 Wrote:

Any thoughts ?

Glenn

Will post log:

Manually Stop playback.

Glenn

Did you try the setting Change refresh rate before play start under Video -> Playback?

Thanks - yes as mentioned above did try that.
Have now updated madVR to 88.13
Have tried all manner of settings - from change refresh rate off, always, on start/stop, and also changed MadVR refresh rate settings changes.
Other than not changing refresh rates - always the same

Changes refresh rate - starts in window exclusive mode
Does not change to full screen exclusive (as log shows) until I do something like seek, or show MadVR stats - then changes and playback is correct.

I wonder whether this because of two screen setup (have htpc with 2nd info display screen)?

Would seem that is very close - likely some check in full screen exclusive change that is not quite registering?

Glenn
(2015-06-23, 12:16)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 01:35)Warner306 Wrote: If you are not outputting in 10-bits, I would disable Fullscreen exclusive mode. You won't gain anything if Windowed mode is already stable.

Will post log:

Manually Stop playback.

Glenn

Have tried all manner of settings - from change refresh rate off, always, on start/stop, and also changed MadVR refresh rate settings changes.

Does not change to full screen exclusive (as log shows) until I do something like seek, or show MadVR stats - then changes and playback is correct.

I wonder whether this because of two screen setup (have htpc with 2nd info display screen)?

Would seem that is very close - likely some check in full screen exclusive change that is not quite registering?

Glenn

From reading over at the MadVR forum, there are issues with 88.13

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2015-06-23, 12:45)oldpainless Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 12:16)GlennNZ Wrote: [quote='Warner306' pid='2036019' dateline='1435037188']

From reading over at the MadVR forum, there are issues with 88.13

K

Thanks - was same issue on 88.11 and prior (only updated to 88.13 to see if fixed issue)
Glenn

Will post log:

Glenn

i think that your problem it's with yatse

17:44:33 T:2944 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Yatse2\Yatse2.exe

if the focus it on another external window madvr cannot enter in exclusive mode
I think the problem I had with DSPlayer may be related. The symptom I have is DSPlayer freezes/locks up hard after media playback when in full screen exclusive mode. I too use Yatse on a second screen. If I didn't have this issue, DSPlayer would be able to replace external MPC-HC MadVR playback for Kodi.

(2015-06-23, 12:16)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 01:35)Warner306 Wrote: If you are not outputting in 10-bits, I would disable Fullscreen exclusive mode. You won't gain anything if Windowed mode is already stable.

Will post log:

Manually Stop playback.

Glenn

Glenn
(2015-06-23, 13:51)aracnoz Wrote:

Will post log:

Glenn

i think that your problem it's with yatse

17:44:33 T:2944 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Yatse2\Yatse2.exe

if the focus it on another external window madvr cannot enter in exclusive mode

Thanks for spotting that - I'll have a look a why it's taking focus and try to disable.

(Might be more universal problem though particularly for two screen setups where another app more likely to be running & may have focus --- can dsplayer check/force focus prior to initalising fullscreen exclusive?)

Glenn
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47