• 75(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hi guys. A little succes in troubleshooting.

I think I have found the problem in this.

If I copy the files to a drive on the computer I can download the subtitles with no problem.

However all my files are on SMB shares and as soon as I try the normal way I get crash on Kodi.

So it seems something goes wrong there.

I have tried the 15.1 edition and the problem is still the same with crashes.

What are you guys using NFS or?

So please aracnox if you can do some magic to help I would be very happy since the problem has been here for a long timeSmile
smb shares here too
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-08-14, 18:45)aoe2exp Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 18:13)Talguy Wrote: Wait I thought Madvr doesn't support multiple GPUs in an SLI configuration?

Ok, so I tested single card and SLI. SLI does give you about 80% performance over a single card. I was up scaling SD to 4K and was getting 10 fps with a single card and now it hoovers from 18-21 with SLI activated.

With that said. No matter what up scaler I use, I can't get 24 fps Sad.

24fps would be the refresh change, which is different than the rendering stats. The rendering queue must stay under 41ms to avoid any presentation glitches. So you should be fine.
(2015-08-14, 19:16)Bjur Wrote: Hi guys. A little succes in troubleshooting.

I think I have found the problem in this.

If I copy the files to a drive on the computer I can download the subtitles with no problem.

However all my files are on SMB shares and as soon as I try the normal way I get crash on Kodi.

So it seems something goes wrong there.

I have tried the 15.1 edition and the problem is still the same with crashes.

What are you guys using NFS or?

So please aracnox if you can do some magic to help I would be very happy since the problem has been here for a long timeSmile

Sorry no problems here.
But there was a issue with smb paths which is fixed in 15.1RC - your log shows you are using 15.0 21.7 version which does not have this fix,

Glenn
Yes I know. That was the original log but have afterwards installed a clean 15.1 rc and still got crashes. Thanks for the inputs.
Could it be something with permission/write access
(2015-08-14, 22:42)Bjur Wrote: Yes I know. That was the original log but have afterwards installed a clean 15.1 rc and still got crashes. Thanks for the inputs.
Could it be something with permission/write access

A permissions issues unrelated to dsplayer would be my guess.(Did you install xysubfilter as admin ? Right click etc)
That should be easy to troubleshoot, try a full Anonymous access smb path. A full 15.1 log may shed light on it.
Glenn
(2015-08-13, 23:23)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 22:41)Cinder Wrote: I can't get this to work with XYSubFilter, I added it to filtersconfig and mediasconfig, and files start up and play with SVP interpolation working correctly, but no subtitles are visible. Not even ones that worked previously with the Kodi internal filter.

Any idea why that might be?

First troubleshooter , press "o" when playing file to see if xysubfilter loaded in active filters list. Then open xysubfilter properties panel and check if it set to always load.

If both checked and still no subtitle displayed. Post your mediaconfig / filtersconfig.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where is the xysubfilter properties panel?
I can see xysubfilter in the OSD when I press 'o' during playback, so at least that seems to be working.
Please follow the excellent guides at start of thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1966566

Glenn
KODI DSPlayer Current Version with "Shared Texture" vs "Shared Surfaces Queue"

you have to see this at 60fps

from the first version until now i worked to make the madVR support in Kodi always less invasive, day by day i removed alot lines of code to make the madVR integration even lighter

now with this latest change i think that it's invisible, Kodi now performs the rendering in the main application thread as usual, there are only three lines of code for madVR to send the Under/Over layer of the GUI

- smoother animations
- less dropped frames by navigating in the menu while madVR playback
- no trace of gui textures corruptions during the animations
- less chances to crash Smile
(2015-08-14, 22:28)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 18:45)aoe2exp Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 18:13)Talguy Wrote: Wait I thought Madvr doesn't support multiple GPUs in an SLI configuration?

Ok, so I tested single card and SLI. SLI does give you about 80% performance over a single card. I was up scaling SD to 4K and was getting 10 fps with a single card and now it hoovers from 18-21 with SLI activated.

24fps would be the refresh change, which is different than the rendering stats. The rendering queue must stay under 41ms to avoid any presentation glitches. So you should be fine.

I am too new to this video rendering ordeal so I am a bit confused. I thought that Afterburner's reported FPS would be the rendering FPS. I could swear that when it was 10-15 fps I could tell that some frames were drop. To be fair, I did not check the Rendering Queue, so I will try that today.

So, moving forward. I will use "ctrl + R" to see Madvr stats and tweak my 4k settings.

Thanks for the help.
(2015-08-15, 01:01)aracnoz Wrote: KODI DSPlayer Current Version with "Shared Texture" vs "Shared Surfaces Queue"

you have to see this at 60fps

from the first version until now i worked to make the madVR support in Kodi always less invasive, day by day i removed alot lines of code to make the madVR integration even lighter

now with this latest change i think that it's invisible, Kodi now performs the rendering in the main application thread as usual, there are only three lines of code for madVR to send the Under/Over layer of the GUI

- smoother animations
- less dropped frames by navigating in the menu while madVR playback
- no trace of gui textures corruptions during the animations
- less chances to crash Smile
Wow! Looks great.
I have been seeing all the comitts on GitHub and saw you were hard at work!
Looking forward to Build!
Glenn
(2015-08-15, 01:05)aoe2exp Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 22:28)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 18:45)aoe2exp Wrote: Ok, so I tested single card and SLI. SLI does give you about 80% performance over a single card. I was up scaling SD to 4K and was getting 10 fps with a single card and now it hoovers from 18-21 with SLI activated.

I am too new to this video rendering ordeal so I am a bit confused. I thought that Afterburner's reported FPS would be the rendering FPS. I could swear that when it was 10-15 fps I could tell that some frames were drop. To be fair, I did not check the Rendering Queue, so I will try that today.

So, moving forward. I will use "ctrl + R" to see Madvr stats and tweak my 4k settings.

Thanks for the help.

actually it's "ctrl + j"
Okay, is there a way to stop Kodi from taking full control of Madvr? I do use other/external players, and I can't stand the blank pause when I go from windowed to full screen, so I disable
the 'enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode' in madvr only to have Kodi re-enable it. I've been looking around the settings but can't find anything, will it be in a config file, or will I need to register a separate madvr folder (if that's possible) to use with my external players? Thanks.
settings, video, dsplayer, manage madvr settings through the gui of kodi - set it to no/off. you don't want exclusive mode, turn that off too.
Here are the new log for 15.1 RC with xysubfilter not working. Crashes when downloading.
Hope someone can help.
http://xbmclogs.com/phhyg32gx

PS: If I don't have any external subtitles I can download them just fine with no crash. As soon external subtitle are there before I start the video I get crash when downloading a subtitle.
And it goes for SMB shares always. If I use a local drive there is no problem at all.

aracnox can you help with this pleaseSmile
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47