• 87(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-08-29, 22:24)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 15:53)Bomeranger Wrote: ...
The image is different from what I saw in the original Kodi 15.1.
As it should be?

madVR enforces a proper gamma and looks to have the correct grayscale. Follow the setup instructions for RGB output levels in this post: 1966571 (post).

Thanks for the answer!
I installed Kodi 15.1 DX11 (not DSPlayer!). And DVDPlayer played test video as well as in the second screenshot (Super white 107%).
So, in my configuration seen the difference between the ordinary and the DX11 version (and DSPlayer too) Kodi.
The solution was simple: in the Catalyst Control Centre (Win7 x86, Catalyst 15.7, AMD HD7730, YCbCr 4:4:4) i configured Video output - checking box Dynamic range and set full color range 0-255 (previously disabled).
Now, in all cases, I see a good picture!
(2015-08-30, 03:46)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 03:06)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 22:27)Warner306 Wrote: Toggle Filters management to Media rules and Filters configuration and install FFDShow. You will have to install and add external copies of LAV Filters and XySubFilter.

Lastly, set-up media rules for each file type using LAV Splitter, LAV Video, LAV Audio, XySubFilter and FFDShow RAW as an Extra filter. Basically, you need to use external filter packs with manual configurations.

Instructions on how to add filters and media rules here: 1966557 (post).

Thank you for pointing the way, but i can't seem to figure this one out. Are you able to take some screenshots specific for FFDshow? I already have SVP working in MPC.

Try these configuration files from the set-up guide. Place them in the dsplayer folder in the userdata directory.

That worked! Thank you.
(2015-08-30, 16:58)XTrojan Wrote: Anyone can recommend any Intel HD 4600 settings?

I tried error diffusion 2 - Banding set to normal/high, Jinc3 + AR Image Lanczos 3 + AR for Chroma, this however dropped frames.

Changing diffusion to "Ordered" didn't make a difference either, i had to disable Banding as well.

Using latest DSPlayer with DX11 presentation enabled.

You won't be able to use any debanding or sharpening. Nor will you be able to use Jinc or Image Doubling. Set it up something like below:

Chroma: Lanczos4
Image: Lanczos4
Dithering: Ordered

Everything else should be off.
@vmax

i'm not able to reproduce your issue with your files, anyway i made some changes related to the delay (@ashlar you should see fixed the "1ms delay" error)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qit1iv..._test1.rar
[/quote]

@aracnoz

Ha ha, that's always the way it goes! Anyway I see there is a test 1 and a test 2, I assume the test 2 has the test 1 fixes in it so I will try that build.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.. I'll let you know if the test build fixes it..
Hi there,

Great job with last bug update Aracnoz, everything seems to work fine for now..

Nonetheless, I have an issue with default loaded subtitles (had the issue before the update).

My LAV Splitter is set up to show fre subtitles by default :

But it shows eng subtitles anyway.
I have to manually select french subs.
Those are xxxxx.en|fr.srt files

What is choosing subtitles in the filters chain? LAV Splitter? XYsubfilters? Something in Kodi?
Another weird stuff..
I tried to switch back to DX11 rendering in madVR (which didn't work for me with previous DSPlayer versions).
Now picture quality is ok, but Kodi can't autoswitch to correct framerate anymore (stays on 60Hz instead of switching to 23.976Hz).
Back to D3D9, and 23.976p switch is ok.
(2015-08-30, 23:21)vmax Wrote: @vmax

i'm not able to reproduce your issue with your files, anyway i made some changes related to the delay (@ashlar you should see fixed the "1ms delay" error)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qit1iv..._test1.rar

@aracnoz

Ha ha, that's always the way it goes! Anyway I see there is a test 1 and a test 2, I assume the test 2 has the test 1 fixes in it so I will try that build.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.. I'll let you know if the test build fixes it..
[/quote]

Well, I don't know how you do it but the test2 build fixed it!

No more delay!

Thanks again...
(2015-08-30, 23:18)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 16:58)XTrojan Wrote: Anyone can recommend any Intel HD 4600 settings?

I tried error diffusion 2 - Banding set to normal/high, Jinc3 + AR Image Lanczos 3 + AR for Chroma, this however dropped frames.

Changing diffusion to "Ordered" didn't make a difference either, i had to disable Banding as well.

You won't be able to use any debanding or sharpening. Nor will you be able to use Jinc or Image Doubling. Set it up something like below:

Alright, it's set.

I'm planning on getting an R9 380 or GTX 960, how far can these cards go with MadVR? (Using original Blu-ray rips).
(2015-08-31, 00:59)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 23:18)Warner306 Wrote:

Alright, it's set.

I'm planning on getting an R9 380 or GTX 960, how far can these cards go with MadVR? (Using original Blu-ray rips).

You could max out every setting if you wanted. But it would be a waste of power if no upscaling is required (e.g. 1080p at 1080p).
(2015-08-30, 23:25)djoole Wrote: Hi there,

Great job with last bug update Aracnoz, everything seems to work fine for now..

Nonetheless, I have an issue with default loaded subtitles (had the issue before the update).

My LAV Splitter is set up to show fre subtitles by default :

But it shows eng subtitles anyway.
I have to manually select french subs.
Those are xxxxx.en|fr.srt files

What is choosing subtitles in the filters chain? LAV Splitter? XYsubfilters? Something in Kodi?

I had the same issue, look a few pages back. aracnoz posted a test built containing a fix to that issue, you should try it and report.
(2015-08-29, 14:23)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 23:22)AppData Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 07:42)AppData Wrote: The new one broke my previous configurations, luckily, I backed up the Kodi folder in Roaming. I'll have to wait on a good tutorial to configure the new one, I hope I can use ffdshow so I can use SVP.

Okay, I finally figured out the new version and got the ffdshow working again and now have SVP, beautiful picture now!

Can you explain how you got FFDShow and SVP working with Kodi DSPlayer?

I use the filters that I installed separately along with ffdshow, and added ffdshow as an extra filter in Filters configuration.
Hi,

I just started the latest dx11 15.1 release and I'm now using the internal filter option instead of using external filters. So far everything runs smoothly and nice, great work!

I have one issue though. When I try to play a DVD .ifo file it will not startup anymore. When checking the logs it is caused by the fact that it cannot find the dvdnavigator. After searching around in the xml config files I noticed that the filtersconfig_internal.xml file does not mention the dvdnavigator, while the filtersconfig.xml does. When checking the mediasconfig_internal.xml there also some other filters listed that are not present in the filtersconfig_internal.xml. I tried to override the filtersconfig_internal.xml by copying it to the userdata folder but it seems it is only able to load it from the installation folder. After I've changed the original version by adding the dvdnavigator I was able to play the .ifo file without issues and dvd menus were working.

To fix this you could add all used filters listed in mediasconfig_internal.xml to the filtersconfig_internal.xml, even if they are not internal. An alternative is that dsplayer looks up the filter in the regular filtersconfig.xml when it cannot find it in the filtersconfig_internal.xml. This would also allow a user to add its own filters using the userdata/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml even when internal setting is used.

Thanks!
(2015-08-31, 22:25)Shodan_xl Wrote: Hi,

I just started the latest dx11 15.1 release and I'm now using the internal filter option instead of using external filters. So far everything runs smoothly and nice, great work!

I have one issue though. When I try to play a DVD .ifo file it will not startup anymore. When checking the logs it is caused by the fact that it cannot find the dvdnavigator. After searching around in the xml config files I noticed that the filtersconfig_internal.xml file does not mention the dvdnavigator, while the filtersconfig.xml does. When checking the mediasconfig_internal.xml there also some other filters listed that are not present in the filtersconfig_internal.xml. I tried to override the filtersconfig_internal.xml by copying it to the userdata folder but it seems it is only able to load it from the installation folder. After I've changed the original version by adding the dvdnavigator I was able to play the .ifo file without issues and dvd menus were working.

To fix this you could add all used filters listed in mediasconfig_internal.xml to the filtersconfig_internal.xml, even if they are not internal. An alternative is that dsplayer looks up the filter in the regular filtersconfig.xml when it cannot find it in the filtersconfig_internal.xml. This would also allow a user to add its own filters using the userdata/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml even when internal setting is used.

Thanks!

Just use mediaconfig & filtersconfig. No need to use internal filters because it's basically the same , the included internal filters is intended for noob and make dsplayer almost ready to use out-0f-the box.
(2015-08-30, 20:56)spiderben25 Wrote: Is there any benefit in using tsreader instead of LAV splitter/source when reading .ts files? I have modified the mediasconfig_internal.xml file to open .ts files just like the other ones (= using lavsplitter, lavsource, lavvideo, lavaudio and xysubfilter) and it works just fine.

i will update to use lavfilters also with ts files

(2015-08-31, 22:25)Shodan_xl Wrote: Hi,

Thanks!

you right, i forgot to add the the others filters used like dvd navigator, anyway it's not possible to override internal rules to avoid any problems of internal configuration
TS format (mpeg transport stream) has a lot of variation. LAVfilter is kinda bad to use with ts file. 50% of my ts files failed with LAVFilters. Also special tsreader is needed for mediaportal to work with dsplayer.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47