• 89(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
hi,

I again want to say thanks to the developer for this great version of KODI. I am using it with SVP and everything just looks so good with it.

I still have one minor issue i can't figure out, but it's just an annoyance, not a showstopper:
When adjusting the timing of the subtitles this built works not like KODI. When moving the slider to the right the subtitles should show earlier - but instead they show later, which is really counterintuitive.

I have no clue what causes this but sometimes it drives me crazy when i try to adjust the timing just right.

bye
hewi
(2015-09-01, 19:11)hewimeddel Wrote: hi,

I again want to say thanks to the developer for this great version of KODI. I am using it with SVP and everything just looks so good with it.

I still have one minor issue i can't figure out, but it's just an annoyance, not a showstopper:
When adjusting the timing of the subtitles this built works not like KODI. When moving the slider to the right the subtitles should show earlier - but instead they show later, which is really counterintuitive.

I have no clue what causes this but sometimes it drives me crazy when i try to adjust the timing just right.

bye
hewi

i inverted the slider with DSPlayer, i don't know if i'm wrong with this, i have this in my mind

before....|.....after

-500ms..-300ms..-100ms..|..+100ms..+300ms..+500ms

for me it's normal that if i want to add a delay, so in this case to show the subtitle after, i have to move the slider to the right, I do not know why the original build works differently
A very simple question
How the subtitles can be adjusted? (same size) , through XySubFilter?
Because in SD movies are big , in 720 medium and in 1080 small
A have set a permanent size in XySubFilter ( i.e 22 ) , but then warching the movies in various resolutions , the subtitles as i mentioned before are not the same

Thanks for your arrention..............
(2015-09-01, 20:52)aracnoz Wrote: i inverted the slider with DSPlayer, i don't know if i'm wrong with this, i have this in my mind

before....|.....after

for me it's normal that if i want to add a delay, so in this case to show the subtitle after, i have to move the slider to the right, I do not know why the original build works differently

Ok. For me the behavior in original Kodi feels intuitive and this feels just wrong.
Maybe its just because i used it for years before changing to DSPlayer.

Nevermind the issue, i will adapt in time. Thanks for your swift reply.

bye
hewi
@Talguy

I received your Private Message but oddly I can't send you a private message back, so I do it here and hope you can read it:

I set up SVP with DSPlayer months ago and I needed hours to do it. I'm sorry, but I cannot help you with this, because it was try and error for me and I can't remember what I had to do to make it work.

I know that you can't use "internal filters" but have to use "media rules and filter configuration", at least I have to, but that is the only thing I can hint you at.

Oh, and I also remember this:
First Install Kodi DSPlayer, then the SVP-Package and then update MadVR to the newest build. I had SVP installed before Kodi DSPlayer but I couldn't make it work together until uninstalling everything and doing it in this exact order. (I think it had something to do with avisynth.)

bye
hewi
@hewimeddel Thanks for getting back to me. sounds like it is not worth the hassle.

Edit: I've been mucking around with DSPlayer and now it is no longer bitstreaming DTS-HD MA to me receiver. Anyone thing of a reason why it would be doing that now. I'm not sure what I changed.
Tried it, very briefly, in windowed mode. It worked on my primary (middle) display, but as soon as I dragged the window to my desired (right) display, the OSD disappeared and would not return. This remained the case even after I dragged the window back to my primary display.

I love the idea of this project! Thank you for taking it on and I look forward to trying it again in a future build.
(2015-09-02, 04:17)Talguy Wrote: @hewimeddel Thanks for getting back to me. sounds like it is not worth the hassle.

Edit: I've been mucking around with DSPlayer and now it is no longer bitstreaming DTS-HD MA to me receiver. Anyone thing of a reason why it would be doing that now. I'm not sure what I changed.

Setting up DSPlayer with SVP is really not hard if you do it the "right" way.
Download SVP and install it, make sure it works by checking it in MPC-HC for instance, this includes installing AviSynth and ffdShow RAW, which I think are both on the SVP download page.
Then you download the SVP Simple Config files for Kodi from here.

Put the filtersconfig and mediasconfig files into the dsplayer folder in your /AppData/Kodi/...
Now SVP should work when you play something with DSPlayer.

This is what I've done, and from here I tweak the config files further with xyvsfilter primarily, I dont feel I need anything more than what's already in the simple SVP configs.

The sound issue you are having with DTS-MA - you should check your settings in LAV Audio filter, something is probably wrong there.

(2015-09-02, 00:56)hewimeddel Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 20:52)aracnoz Wrote: i inverted the slider with DSPlayer, i don't know if i'm wrong with this, i have this in my mind

before....|.....after

Ok. For me the behavior in original Kodi feels intuitive and this feels just wrong.
Maybe its just because i used it for years before changing to DSPlayer.

Nevermind the issue, i will adapt in time. Thanks for your swift reply.

bye
hewi

hewimeddel, I have to agree with aracnoz about this behavior, the Kodi team got it backwards.
It's much more intuitive the way aracnoz set it up since we have a timeline from left to right in video editing and playback, we read text/books/subs from left to right, so right should always be "later" and left should always be "earlier". I've myself found the Kodi way of doing it incredibly counterintuitive because it just doesn't make any sense.

Nevermind though if you can adapt Wink
(2015-09-01, 20:57)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: A very simple question
How the subtitles can be adjusted? (same size) , through XySubFilter?
Because in SD movies are big , in 720 medium and in 1080 small
A have set a permanent size in XySubFilter ( i.e 22 ) , but then warching the movies in various resolutions , the subtitles as i mentioned before are not the same

Thanks for your arrention..............

Try this:
@ spiderben25

Yes , it is
I Had found another solution
XySubFilter \ More \ Customize
Then i had the same sizes but the text's quality was poor

But i saw that you put H 1920 and V 1080 , and therefore i saw a brilliant text quality
And certainly the render to original Video size is unchecked

Thanks a lot for your attention and support
(2015-09-02, 08:29)Cinder Wrote: Setting up DSPlayer with SVP is really not hard if you do it the "right" way.
Download SVP and install it, make sure it works by checking it in MPC-HC for instance, this includes installing AviSynth and ffdShow RAW, which I think are both on the SVP download page.
Then you download the SVP Simple Config files for Kodi from here.

Put the filtersconfig and mediasconfig files into the dsplayer folder in your /AppData/Kodi/...
Now SVP should work when you play something with DSPlayer.

This is what I've done, and from here I tweak the config files further with xyvsfilter primarily, I dont feel I need anything more than what's already in the simple SVP configs.

The sound issue you are having with DTS-MA - you should check your settings in LAV Audio filter, something is probably wrong there.

Thanks. That seems a lot easier than. I'm still learning how to set up these filter graphs and what they.

Yea when I first set up DSPlayer last night everything was working just fine. I got it to play the DTS-HS MA track in Avatar, then I started mucking around with the setting to see if I can get a better picture. Now when I go into the audio menu while the video is playing the DTS-HD MA track doesn't even appear. If I play the movie in MPC-HC the correct audio track is played. I'm really not sure what I did. I'll try to post screen shots tonight when I get home of my LAV Audio filter configuration.
I have a question regarding YcBcR, does MadVR allow rendering of it?

So far i got the settings (RGB)LAV 255->(RGB)MadVR 255->(RGB, YcBcR disabled)GPU 235->TV 235

I was thinking of YcBcR since that's what original bluray colors are?

I tried Lav->untouched but MadVR still converts it.
Guys, two (stupid?) questions on my side:

1) Since DSPlayer is now only in the DX11 version, does this mean that I have to use it only with Kodi DX11 branch?
2) In any case, if I do not have DX11 instelled on my PC, is DSPlayer/Kodi DX11 backword compatible?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Regarding post-processing on TV's, should all be deactivated to not interfere with MadVR processing?

I noticed my Samsung TV "Sharpness" setting introduced ringing.
(2015-09-02, 14:29)XTrojan Wrote: I have a question regarding YcBcR, does MadVR allow rendering of it?

So far i got the settings (RGB)LAV 255->(RGB)MadVR 255->(RGB, YcBcR disabled)GPU 235->TV 235

I was thinking of YcBcR since that's what original bluray colors are?

I tried Lav->untouched but MadVR still converts it.

First off, settings in LAV Video don't mean a lot because they are passthrough. Second, RGB is necessary because madVR is a computer program and operates in a PC color space, which is RGB. This should not be a big deal because YCbCr 4:4:4 is basically equivalent to RGB. The only reason YCbCr exists is to save space by compressing the color (chroma) component. The source is almost always 4:2:0. The math works out to an RGB value in the end, which is displayed on your television. So the two color spaces are just two means of arriving at the same result. YCbCr is not of higher quality. In fact, it can often be of lower quality if your television only accepts YCbCr 4:2:2, as many televisions do.

Your settings confirm to the proper rules, so I would leave them that way.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47