• 91(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
on my samsung it is. i can clearly see a difference in black levels. setting my computer to pc levels and tv to pc mode, it gives me correct blacks and whites. turning it off on my tv gives crushed blacks. turn it on and tv mode on my computer, gives washed out blacks. Seems to me that would indicate proper 0-255
(2015-09-03, 17:16)spencerjford Wrote: on my samsung it is. i can clearly see a difference in black levels. setting my computer to pc levels and tv to pc mode, it gives me correct blacks and whites. turning it off on my tv gives crushed blacks. turn it on and tv mode on my computer, gives washed out blacks. Seems to me that would indicate proper 0-255

For me with the "test pattern" on Kodi, i get no blinking blacks but white is always blinking on limited mode, i guess both are gonna blink, background however isn't blinking as it did when kodi sets it to 0-235.
the straightest response i can give you is this. use what setting looks best to you.
(2015-09-03, 17:38)spencerjford Wrote: the straightest response i can give you is this. use what setting looks best to you.

I ran the tests and PC Mode vs Normal mode with everything off (including Motion plus) is exactly the same, minus PC mode restricting color/tint settings.

The noise problem is kinda fixed with sharpness set to = 0, but there's still little noise caused a little by Motion plus (tested with on/off on sharp scenes), to get perfect picture.

I tried 60Hz smooth motion with Motion plus off, unfortunately my HD 4600 can't keep up.

Is it possible to run SVP together with reclock + DSPlayer? It seems that my TV's internal interpolation(Motion plus) seems to interfere with the PC processing. Since SVP is processed by the PC, it shouldn't interfere with MadVR? It seems like what i'm searching for.

Edit2: I finally fixed it with using custom interpolation settings on my TV, Noise reduction set to 10 and Judder reduction disabled(this was what introduced noise on high quality blurays). The end result was smooth with no soap opera mode engaged nor interfering with MadVR rendering.

Professionals apparently recommend Motion plus disabled or the settings: Anti-judder disabled, Anti-blur on max, only use anti-judder on low quality, avoid going over 2. I don't know why the standard setting is 5/5.

Sharpness on bluray = Edge-glow artifacts on sharp scenes.
Judder on bluray = Noise on sharp scenes (pixelated) as if the motion can't hang with and it creates unstable double frames.
Update: MediaPortal TsReader Filter for DSPlayer v4.1.0.4 Update1
* Fixed: Crash on close of in-progress recording.
I tried this in my Haswell i5 nuc and could not player the video to play through dsplayer enabled in setting. Each time I tried to play any media file nothing happens or it fails to play.

When I disable use dsplayer on the settings menu the files play but I get choppy playback, I reinstalled the normal 15.1 version this time and all played fine without choppy video.

Is the nuc powerful enough with hd5000 graphics, I have 8gb ram and 120gb msata drive with all wired through gigabit Ethernet.

Movies played back from my qnap nas drive.

Any help is appreciated.
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
(2015-09-04, 17:06)a5ian300zx Wrote: I tried this in my Haswell i5 nuc and could not player the video to play through dsplayer enabled in setting. Each time I tried to play any media file nothing happens or it fails to play.

When I disable use dsplayer on the settings menu the files play but I get choppy playback, I reinstalled the normal 15.1 version this time and all played fine without choppy video.

Is the nuc powerful enough with hd5000 graphics, I have 8gb ram and 120gb msata drive with all wired through gigabit Ethernet.

Movies played back from my qnap nas drive.

Any help is appreciated.

With latest 15.1build, you need to install madvr. For other filters you can easily use internal filters option.
Thanks for that but each time i play anything I just get blank screen with no video or sound until I disable dsplayer which then plays back files but with a stutter on top of the video like a single line.

But plays back fine or the original 15.1 version.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
You have to read the dsplayer guide because it's not working out of the box.
(2015-09-05, 08:50)a5ian300zx Wrote: Thanks for that but each time i play anything I just get blank screen with no video or sound until I disable dsplayer which then plays back files but with a stutter on top of the video like a single line.

Thanks

i think that you have not http://madshi.net/madVR.zip properly installed on your system, anyway you should provide a debug log, all information on how to do that are at first page under "How to help:"
(2015-09-05, 08:50)a5ian300zx Wrote: Thanks for that but each time i play anything I just get blank screen with no video or sound until I disable dsplayer which then plays back files but with a stutter on top of the video like a single line.

Thanks

I'm using a NUC core i7 and it works great, I just followed the instructions here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576 and everything works perfectly.
(2015-09-05, 12:13)aracnoz Wrote:

Thanks

i think that you have not http://madshi.net/madVR.zip properly installed on your system, anyway you should provide a debug log, all information on how to do that are at first page under "How to help:"
Hi,

Will do when I get chance, I just unzipped the file and then run the install.bat file as administrator which I was presented with successfully installed.

But I will ready through the manual install guide and also debug guide.

Thanks
Quote:aracnoz Wrote
...i think that you have not http://madshi.net/madVR.zip properly installed on your system...
it is a prerequisite?

without madVR dsplayer will not work?
(2015-09-05, 22:49)Bomeranger Wrote:
Quote:aracnoz Wrote
...i think that you have not http://madshi.net/madVR.zip properly installed on your system...
it is a prerequisite?

without madVR dsplayer will not work?

With latest build, unfortunately yes madvr is a prerequisite. DSPlayer won't work without madvr.
(2015-09-05, 12:13)aracnoz Wrote:

Thanks

Ok I went through the manual setup as posted in the quite and still just get blank screen each time I play a media file and I can't do nothing else unless I reboot the system.

That is with dsplayer enabled.

here is the debug log.

Debug log

Many Thanks
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47