• 97(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-09-09, 16:09)Bjur Wrote: @aracnoz: regarding the crash xysubfilter here are the crashlog
http://xbmclogs.com/plv5dwvqg

Note I testet now over teamviewer and had to resize window and back again to get picture but it still crashed.

Try to reset your madvr settings. I had problem with download subtitles and in the end it was madvr that cause that problem. Try disable ALL features in madvr settings panel first and see if it solved your problem. Too bad I'm not sure what exact setting in madvr that caused my subtitle download problem.
Thanks for your input oldpoem. I've just setup all profiles etc in madVR but if it perhaps can solve it, it is worth a try, but as far as I remember you are not using xysubfilter but xyvsfilter instead correct?
I have a core i3 2225 CPU with Intel HD4000.

Is it worth the trouble to use Madvr?

Thanks!
(2015-09-09, 03:36)Talguy Wrote: I'm still having issues with dsplayer bitstreaming DTS-HD and True HD to my receiver. The Avatar wityh DTS-HD doesn't even show up as an option in the audio stream menu even though Kodi shows it in the movie's info. For my True HD movie it should up in the audio stream menu but doesn't send any audio to my receiver. I tested this all out in MPC-HC and it works just fine. My DSPlayer config has to be the issue here. I took a couple of screen shots of the setting screens. Hopefully someone will be able to sort my situation out

I am running the latest DSPlayer 15.2 RC1 and the latest Madvr 0.89.2. Let me know if you need more info.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue I had, but I had to use wasapi settings in audio to get the DTS-HD, TrueHD etc. See screen shot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nkfh7vo2cb3xi...s.JPG?dl=0
(2015-09-09, 18:58)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for your input oldpoem. I've just setup all profiles etc in madVR but if it perhaps can solve it, it is worth a try, but as far as I remember you are not using xysubfilter but xyvsfilter instead correct?

Yes. But after reset madvr profiles I can use internal filters (which is xysubfilter) & download subtitle without problem. But then I switched back to xyvsfilter filter with mediaconfig / filterconfig per usual. I really doubt using xysubfilter would give me noticeable improvement over xyvsfilter. I can't find different with my eyes even when watched very complex subtitled anime fansub.

Also xyvsfilter is better when use with SVP. XySubfilter impact much performance when use with SVP & Kodi. In my latest test with same settings on same system xysubfilter caused framedrop when use with SVP but when I switched to xyvsfilter it was butter smooth. So I'd suggest anyone who has problem with performance / subtitles not showing to try xyvsfilter instead.
I have a question for those in the know concerning madvr. I use my TV for a 2nd monitor was wondering what are the advantages of exclusive mode, I've tried disabling it, but the picture seems to be better with it enabled (possible placebo effect), so, are there differences or am I imagining it? (I hate the flickering when I right click to make adjustments during a movie)
Here is the debug log

So I discovered something interesting if I turn my TV and audio receiver on then launch Kodi-DSPlayer in a window so that I can see the desktop I am able to play TrueHD and DTS-HD with and without ReClock. The minute I send Kodi into Exclusive Fullscreen mode it seems to disconnect my TV from my audio receiver just long enough that Windows no longer detects the supported formats of the audio receiver and reverts back to the supported formats of the TV which are AC3 and DTS. When I transition DSPlayer from fullscreen to a window and then toggle the power of my audio receiver off then on DSPlayer starts playing the HD audio track (DTS-HD or TrueHD depending on the file) without a problem.

Also when I use ReClock while DSPlayer is in a window it works fine and plays the HD audio. The minute I transition to full screen ReClock pops up an error message saying my hardware does not support the number of channels and specific frequency used by the HD audio

I'm not sure why this happens but it would definitely explain why DSPlayer is able to play the DTS track (core audio of DTS-HD) of the DTS-HD video I have and not the TrueHD video I have.

Take a further look at my debug file and see if you can see anything that would be screwing this up.
(2015-09-10, 03:22)Talguy Wrote: Here is the debug log

So I discovered something interesting if I turn my TV and audio receiver on then launch Kodi-DSPlayer in a window so that I can see the desktop I am able to play TrueHD and DTS-HD with and without ReClock. The minute I send Kodi into Exclusive Fullscreen mode it seems to disconnect my TV from my audio receiver just long enough that Windows no longer detects the supported formats of the audio receiver and reverts back to the supported formats of the TV which are AC3 and DTS. When I transition DSPlayer from fullscreen to a window and then toggle the power of my audio receiver off then on DSPlayer starts playing the HD audio track (DTS-HD or TrueHD depending on the file) without a problem.

Also when I use ReClock while DSPlayer is in a window it works fine and plays the HD audio. The minute I transition to full screen ReClock pops up an error message saying my hardware does not support the number of channels and specific frequency used by the HD audio

I'm not sure why this happens but it would definitely explain why DSPlayer is able to play the DTS track (core audio of DTS-HD) of the DTS-HD video I have and not the TrueHD video I have.

Take a further look at my debug file and see if you can see anything that would be screwing this up.

So stop using fullscreen exclusive mode fix this? Aracnoz advised to use madvr windowed mode anyway.
@oldpoem I just did that and I got the same result.

I made sure to uncheck the following options
- Settings >Videos>DSPlayer>User in fullscreen (Exclusive mode)
- Settings>System>Video output>Us Fullscreen window
- System Tray>Madvr>rendering>general settings>enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode
(2015-09-10, 04:06)Talguy Wrote: @oldpoem I just did that and I got the same result.

I made sure to uncheck the following options
- Settings >Videos>DSPlayer>User in fullscreen (Exclusive mode)
- Settings>System>Video output>Us Fullscreen window
- System Tray>Madvr>rendering>general settings>enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode

I believe - Settings>System>Video output>Use Fullscreen window has to be checked when using DSPlayer. If not checked many problem will arised, the only situation you would unchecked this is that you want to use internal DVDPlayer.

If it still not solved I suggest you looking into EDID override method. Because your HDMI handskaing information changed so it lost detected supported fornat data.
(2015-09-09, 19:32)Xophile Wrote: I have a core i3 2225 CPU with Intel HD4000.

Is it worth the trouble to use Madvr?

Thanks!

Sure, the picture quality of DSPlayer is always going to be better than DVDPlayer. You will just be limited in the features you can use with madVR. I'm not sure if this will bother you or not.
(2015-09-09, 22:53)AppData Wrote: I have a question for those in the know concerning madvr. I use my TV for a 2nd monitor was wondering what are the advantages of exclusive mode, I've tried disabling it, but the picture seems to be better with it enabled (possible placebo effect), so, are there differences or am I imagining it? (I hate the flickering when I right click to make adjustments during a movie)

Better stability and less chance of screen tearing. Other than that, fullscreen exclusive mode does nothing. It is not required in most cases.

The only way the picture can look better is if your TV supports 10-bit output and madVR is set to output at 10-bits. Fullscreen exclusive mode is the only mode that will pass 10-bit RGB.
@spencerjford

Can you tell me if the following instructions are accurate and/or require any further information? I have Emby installed but I don't use it with Kodi.

Emby for Kodi Users

Users of the Emby for Kodi add-on must configure Emby Server to be compatible with DSPlayer. Compatibility requires path substitution is used for folders on the server. This entails converting the path of each Emby folder into the folder's actual path on the computer. A direct Windows path is needed for DSPlayer to correctly read and play each file.

An example of path substitution is shown below:

Emby Server -> Library -> Path Substitution

Each media source listed in the Folders tab requires its original path.
(2015-09-10, 03:26)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 03:22)Talguy Wrote: Here is the debug log

So stop using fullscreen exclusive mode fix this? Aracnoz advised to use madvr windowed mode anyway.

i was referring to kodi windowed mode, madVR can be used as you prefer (windowed or fullscreen exclusive-mode), with the next version dsplayer will be able to switch out from kodi fullscreen mode before start madVR playback but my advice it's to stay with kodi in windowed mode
delete
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47