• 103(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hi Roma. I have 2 problems. trouble with a lot of dropped frames on live TV. I receive in 50hz where my normal videos comes in 24hz. Any recommendations?
More importantly when I try to chance channel it just stops the TV session. I'm using Mediaportal.
(2015-09-18, 21:47)Bjur Wrote: Hi Roma. I have 2 problems. trouble with a lot of dropped frames on live TV. I receive in 50hz where my normal videos comes in 24hz. Any recommendations?
Try to set lower madvr settings.

(2015-09-18, 21:47)Bjur Wrote: More importantly when I try to chance channel it just stops the TV session. I'm using Mediaportal.
If you using Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1, try to change "Live TV fast channel switching" settings (enable/disable)
nvm fixed it
Hi,

Can xbmc.RenderCapture() used with dsplayer in python script?
hello, htpc newbie here just getting my feet wet with this stuff. I am having a problem with kodi dsi player and madvr. Ive tweaked the settings using some guides and gotten pretty much everything where i want it except that I cannot seem to get the zoom setup where it doesnt cut off a decent chunk of the top or bottom of the screen. the zoom settings that are available during playback will not work while the video is playing i have to pause, adjust the zoom, then hit esc and go back into the movie to seem them take affect.

I have tried adjusting the zoom options from the madvr system tray, but this only seems to make things worse with the cropping of the image. I dont have any problems like this when using the standard kodi player for playback, which is a shame because I really like the image quality im getting with dsplayer and madvr. Am i missing something here? any tips, tricks, or general advice about configuration are greatly appreciated.

running windows 10
amd a8
nvidia gt 740 2gb gpu
4gb of ram
(2015-09-19, 11:35)thewwwyzzerdd Wrote: hello, htpc newbie here just getting my feet wet with this stuff. I am having a problem with kodi dsi player and madvr. Ive tweaked the settings using some guides and gotten pretty much everything where i want it except that I cannot seem to get the zoom setup where it doesnt cut off a decent chunk of the top or bottom of the screen. the zoom settings that are available during playback will not work while the video is playing i have to pause, adjust the zoom, then hit esc and go back into the movie to seem them take affect.

I have tried adjusting the zoom options from the madvr system tray, but this only seems to make things worse with the cropping of the image. I dont have any problems like this when using the standard kodi player for playback, which is a shame because I really like the image quality im getting with dsplayer and madvr. Am i missing something here? any tips, tricks, or general advice about configuration are greatly appreciated.

running windows 10
amd a8
nvidia gt 740 2gb gpu
4gb of ram

It's limitation on DSPlayer madvr for now, it also apply to aspect ratio as well. Workaorund is to play with DVDPlayer set zoom / aspect ratio to your liking. Stop & play normally with DSPlayer
(2015-09-18, 19:47)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 17:06)hlina Wrote: Thanks Warner306 for your reminder about posting a log.

For my problem, I have posted a log here: log
My filtersconfig and mediasconfig is here: filtersconfig - mediasconfig

The problem is that Kodi freezes once I move within a movie using the seek bar. The video keeps playing, but kodi becomes unresponsive. The problem is totally reproducible with every video.
System: win 10 64 bits

The problem disapears, when I turn off dsplayer, so it is for sure dsplayer-realted. I had a similar problem in a previous version and I could bypass it by turning off madshi's renderer (going back to EVR), but with the most current version the option to change the renderer is greyed out.

Btw, I haven't figured out what the .pdb-file is needed for and I cannot find out where I can find the log from madVR - if someone could give me a hint where to find this info, that would be cool.

Thanks!

Turn off hw accerelated in LAVVideo or set it to DXVA Copy back. See if it's help. I had similar problem like this when I use CUDA.

Hi Oldpoem,
HW acceleration was turned off. Changing it to DXVA2 copy back does not solve the problem. Anyways, thanks for you idea. Let's see if someone else has another idea.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful, but for me madVR is only creating problems. Another problem is that moving the picture up/down doesn't work with madVR; I am using this function with my beamer where I usually move the picture down to the bottom end of the screen; works perfectly with EVR.

If someone could give me a hint on how I could avoid madVR with dsplayer and instead use the EVR again I would really be grateful.
(2015-09-19, 20:36)hlina Wrote: Hi Oldpoem,
HW acceleration was turned off. Changing it to DXVA2 copy back does not solve the problem. Anyways, thanks for you idea. Let's see if someone else has another idea.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful, but for me madVR is only creating problems. Another problem is that moving the picture up/down doesn't work with madVR; I am using this function with my beamer where I usually move the picture down to the bottom end of the screen; works perfectly with EVR.

If someone could give me a hint on how I could avoid madVR with dsplayer and instead use the EVR again I would really be grateful.

Revert back to old dsplayer version. Latest version is not supported EVR yet and probably won't in next version either. So if you want to use EVR which is more stable you have to download and use old version for now.

For your problem, I don't have it on my system. Using slider to jump in movie works fine. But I rarely use it since I'm remote guy.
Hi aracnoz, noticed one thing that I forgot to mention, sometime ago. I'm not sure you'll be able to solve it but here it goes:

In Kodi, if you zoom the video (or use the different options for 4:3, non linear stretching is coming in Jarvis), subs are rendered in the correct position, no matter the level of zoom. With DSPlayer and xySubfilter (haven't tried with VSFilter), the subs are rendered on the original position in the video and, if zoomed, they go out of the screen. You can fix this by selecting an appropriate value for vertical positioning in the "override placement" but, maybe, it's something you could automate, at least for the zoom presets in Kodi?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC2

20 September 2015 (5eef595)
  • The option "Load and Save with DSPlayer database" will create a dummy DSPlayer profile into the madVR control panel to avoid conflict with pre-existent profiles
  • Added new PVR features for MediaPortal TV-Server and ArgusTV backends (this it's exclusively made possible thx to *Roma*)
  • Updated Internal filters rules to work with PVRBackends (Mediaportal / ArgusTv / DVBViewer)
  • Fixed an issue that was causing black screen at madVR playstart when Kodi was set in fullscreen exclusive-mode
  • Fixed an issue that was causing failed playback with smb path and "@" character
  • Grammatical/language correction in the DSPlayer text description (thx to Warner306)

The option "Load and Save with DSPlayer database" will create a dummy DSPlayer profile into the madVR control panel to avoid conflict with pre-existent profiles
with this changes should be solved all problems of conflict with pre-existent profiles in madVR overwritten using internal DSPlayer profiles, it will be created a DSPlayer profile in madVR control panel and it will be set as active when using DSPlayer profile system, in this way you can continue to use madVR with other players with your personal profiles that will remain untouched

Added new PVR features for MediaPortal TV-Server and ArgusTV backends (this it's exclusively made possible thx to *Roma*)
finally merged all the new features for pvr, you have to ask to *Roma* to know more about this Smile

Updated Internal filters rules to work with PVRBackends (Mediaportal / ArgusTv / DVBViewer)
Internal filters now are preconfigured to work with most of pvr backends, http streaming and all other media supported by DSPlayer, so with this changes DSPlayer it's finally usable with the most important media type without have to set anything in filter rules

Fixed an issue that was causing black screen at madVR playstart when Kodi was set in fullscreen exclusive-mode
Now it's possible again to use Kodi in fullscreen exclusive-mode without issue with madVR playback, i continue to suggest to leave Kodi in windowed mode to speedup the playstart but it's your choice

@for all
at moment any DSPlayer related development it's freezed, will be merged only the commits from official Isengard branch

link at first page
MediaPortal and ArgusTV PVR TV-backends in Kodi DSPlayer 15.2 and 16.0
Support RTSP and UNC(=SMB) LiveTV streams with timeshift buffer and video seeking functionality, using MediaPortal TsReader DirectShow Filter.

PVR LiveTV features with MediaPortal TsReader Filter:
  • Timeshift buffer and video seeking support.
  • Top Progress bar OSD, displays timeshift buffer time.
  • Channel info OSD dialog, displays EPG time and EPG progress bar.
New PVR features add in DSPlayer 15.2:
  • Live TV fast channel switching (don't stop timeshift) (enabled by default)
    Don't stop an existing timeshift session when switching to a new channel. This makes channel switching faster.
    Regular channel switching will be used in cases of changing of stream url(SD<->HD channel switching or switching to channels with different audio/video streams)
  • Use UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV (disabled by default)
    UNC is faster with channel switching and video seeking.

ArgusTV:

MediaPortal:

ArgusTV Kodi Addon settings:
  • Set "Delay after tuning" greater then zero.
MediaPortal TV-Server Kodi Addon settings:
  • Set "Streaming method" to "ffmpeg".
  • Enable "Convert hostname to IP-address".

MediaPortal TsReader Filter for DSPlayer:
Enabling "UNC(=SMB) paths for Live TV":
MediaPortal users have to use MediaPortal TVServerXBMC Plugin v1.12.0.129 or higher version.
(starting from version 1.12.0.129, TVServerXBMC Plugin supports DSPlayer)

advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <dsplayer>
    <useuncpathsforlivetv>true</useuncpathsforlivetv>
  </dsplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Disabling "Live TV fast channel switching":
advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <dsplayer>
    <fastchannelswitching>false</fastchannelswitching>
  </dsplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Filters configuration: (DSPlayer Wiki, DSPlayer Setup)

Filters management: "Internal filters":
No configuration is required.

Filters management: "Media rules and Filters configurations":

mediasconfig.xml
Code:
<mediasconfig>
  <rules>
    <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv">
      <source filter="lavsource_internal" />
      <splitter filter="lavsplitter_internal" />
      <video filter="lavvideo_internal" />
      <audio filter="lavaudio_internal" />
      <subs filter="xysubfilter_internal" />
    </rule>
    <rule protocols="https|http" url="false">
      <splitter filter="lavsplitter_internal" />
    </rule>
    <rule filetypes="ts" url="false" >
      <source filter="tsreader_internal" />
      <splitter filter="tsreader_internal" />
    </rule>
    <rule url="true" filetypes="tsbuffer" >
    </rule>
    <rule url="true" protocols="rtsp">
    </rule>
    <rule protocols="rtsp">
    </rule>
    <rule filetypes="ifo">
      <source filter="dvdnavigator" />
      <splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
    </rule>
    <rule filetypes="wmv">
      <source filter="wmasfreader" />
      <splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
      <video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
      <audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
    </rule>
    <rule filetypes="iso">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsource" />
    </rule>
    <rule filetypes="ogm">
      <source filter="oggsource" />
      <splitter filter="oggsplitter" />
    </rule>  
    <rule filetypes="rmvb">
      <source filter="realsource" />
      <splitter filter="realsplitter" />
      <video filter="realvideodec" />
      <audio filter="realaudiodec" />
    </rule>
  </rules>
</mediasconfig>

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtmp|rtmpe|mms|rtp" player="DVDPlayer" />
        <rule name="PVR Radio" filename="pvr://channels/radio.*" filetypes="pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>  
        <rule name="All Other" player="DSPlayer"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>
Running to download
...lol
U guys are awesome, thank u Aracnoz, Roma, warner, etc.

Btw, does this version work with last madVR version?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Thank you so much every developers and contributors. Big Grin
(2015-09-18, 22:38)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 21:47)Bjur Wrote: Hi Roma. I have 2 problems. trouble with a lot of dropped frames on live TV. I receive in 50hz where my normal videos comes in 24hz. Any recommendations?
Try to set lower madvr settings.

(2015-09-18, 21:47)Bjur Wrote: More importantly when I try to chance channel it just stops the TV session. I'm using Mediaportal.
If you using Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1, try to change "Live TV fast channel switching" settings (enable/disable)

Regarding the madvr settings. All my other videos doesn't have a problem, so is there a possibility for on TV stuff to use other profile?

Regarding the Live TV fast channel switching. I'm using ffmpeg as you recommended in the guide, where that menu is not visible. If I choose TSReader I can't view TV. What should I select?
(2015-09-21, 13:18)Bjur Wrote: Regarding the madvr settings. All my other videos doesn't have a problem, so is there a possibility for on TV stuff to use other profile?
You can enable "Load and Save with DSPlayer database" in DSPlayer settings, and configure madVR from within Kodi.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1966557
Load and Save with DSPlayer database: Enabling this option allows basic configuration of madVR from within Kodi. These settings are accessed during video playback by selecting Video Settings. Video settings are set on a per video basis but can be saved as a global profile for all videos. DSPlayer will create its own DSPlayer Profile Group in the madVR control panel when this setting is enabled. This is a dummy profile and not meant for external configuration. Internal settings tables always take precedence.

(2015-09-21, 13:18)Bjur Wrote: Regarding the Live TV fast channel switching. I'm using ffmpeg as you recommended in the guide, where that menu is not visible. If I choose TSReader I can't view TV. What should I select?
You have to use ffmpeg in MediaPortal addon, i meant changing "Live TV fast channel switching" settings in advancedsettings.xml - instructions for Isengard DSPlayer 15.2 RC1
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47