• 112(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Thanks for the update, aracnoz, one question: is it still ok to use external filters if one chooses to do so?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-10-04, 17:23)ashlar Wrote: Thanks for the update, aracnoz, one question: is it still ok to use external filters if one chooses to do so?

yes, there is no change for that, all the changes for internal filters was necessary to avoid problem if there was also a registered version of the same filters, but this never influenced how the option "media rules and filter configurations" works
I have been using kodi dsplayer for a while now without any problems and been very happy and I'm very graceful for an amazing progress you guys have done this far. Especially I like how settings are easy to setup now thanks to internal filters! However, there are issues with the latest release of kodi dsplayer 15.2 Isengard rc3, 20151004-d0191b0

There are horrible horizontal artifacts in the screen when for example skin animations are rendered. And rss feed speed changes time to time and sometimes it runs double as fast as it should. Also during video playback using dvdplayer there are horizontal artifacts. Especially when there any camera spanning. Madvr works ok.

I tried with official kodi Isengard 15.2 rc3, and there were no artifacts at all. Settings were identical, nothing changed.

Then I tried to roll back to older releases of dsplayer and release that works is 11 August 2015 (bd53e0f).
26 August 2015 (66c524b) doesn't work. With that release artifacts appear, although they are small but still visible and annoying. With latest 20151004-d0191b0 artifacts are just horrible. Could it be that DX11 is the reason? in 11 august version there's no dx11, but in 26 august there is.

win 7
Kodi Isengard rc3
intel i3 3225, hd graphics 4000 (updated drivers yesterday)
Display mode: 1920x1080p 60 hz full screen using full screen window

When using true full screen (not windowed) there are no artifacts in kodi gui but during playback using dvdplayer there are.

Tell me if you need more information to help me solving this.
Kodi dsplayer also crashes when trying to close it.

Debug log:
http://www.filedropper.com/kodi
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-10-04, 18:59)weirdinin Wrote: I have been using kodi dsplayer for a while now without any problems and been very happy and I'm very graceful for an amazing progress you guys have done this far. Especially I like how settings are easy to setup now thanks to internal filters! However, there are issues with the latest release of kodi dsplayer 15.2 Isengard rc3, 20151004-d0191b0

There are horrible horizontal artifacts in the screen when for example skin animations are rendered. And rss feed speed changes time to time and sometimes it runs double as fast as it should. Also during video playback using dvdplayer there are horizontal artifacts. Especially when there any camera spanning. Madvr works ok.

I tried with official kodi Isengard 15.2 rc3, and there were no artifacts at all. Settings were identical, nothing changed.

Then I tried to roll back to older releases of dsplayer and release that works is 11 August 2015 (bd53e0f).
26 August 2015 (66c524b) doesn't work. With that release artifacts appear, although they are small but still visible and annoying. With latest 20151004-d0191b0 artifacts are just horrible. Could it be that DX11 is the reason? in 11 august version there's no dx11, but in 26 august there is.

win 7
Kodi Isengard rc3

When using true full screen (not windowed) there are no artifacts in kodi gui but during playback using dvdplayer there are.

Debug log:

Seem to be tearing issue from what I read. Try turn vsync on in Intel drivers control settings. See if it is turn off or left as application decided.
(2015-10-04, 13:40)FakeShemp Wrote: Hi, can any of the experts here help me out before I go mad or lose the will to live because I can't track down my problem, everythings been working perfectly for a few months now and then for some unknown reason MadVR won't go into exclusive mode. I've re-installed 15.2 RC2, also uninstalled MadVR deleted all setting and the reg key, re-installed MadVR but nothing works.
Kodi setup is as follows >
System>Video output>
Display Mode = Full Screen #2
Res = 720p
Use Fullscreen Window = enabled
Kodi Video>DSPlayer
Manage settings with Kodi = never
Delay Playback until render queue full = enabled
Use Fullscreen Exclusive Mode = enabled
Force Exit from Fullscreen before stop = enabled
Internal Filters = enabled

MadVR general settings
Delay playback start until render queu is full = enabled
Enable automatic fullscreen window = enabled
Use Direct3D 11 and present a frame for every Vsync = enabled

Any ideas??Huh
Just to add it's a Samsung TV connected via HDMI to 2nd output on a ATI 4000HD series card.

Please don't waste any time on this I've solved itBig Grin somehow my GPU scaling had got altered on my display driver and I compensated for that by tweaking the the video calibration setting under Kodi>System MadVR didn't like that.
(2015-10-04, 18:59)weirdinin Wrote: I have been using kodi dsplayer for a while now without any problems and been very happy and I'm very graceful for an amazing progress you guys have done this far. Especially I like how settings are easy to setup now thanks to internal filters! However, there are issues with the latest release of kodi dsplayer 15.2 Isengard rc3, 20151004-d0191b0

win 7
Kodi Isengard rc3

Debug log:

Strange. So the Kodi menu and DVDPlayer are displaying screen tearing, but DSPlayer is not. Why would the official build be any different? This shouldn't have anything to do with DSPlayer. DSPlayer uses the same code to render the Kodi menu.
(2015-10-04, 16:22)snowpiercer Wrote: Is an Intel iGPU like HD6000 capable for madvr settings like jinc, superxbr, adaptivesharpen, superres..?

You might be able to run Jinc or super-xbr, but likely not. If possible, you would be limited to scaling to 1080p. And you won't be able to combine Jinc or super-xbr with any type of image sharpening.

The best you could hope for is using the default scaling algorithms and adding FineSharp or LumaSharpen as Image Enhancements or Upscaling Refinement. But even this would be close to the limits of the HD 6000.

To use every feature of madVR, you really need a dedicated GPU.
I think I've got a little problem: I followed the instructions and installed everything as described but, even if I selected "fullscreen exclusive mode" in the DSPlayer settings and in madvr itself, if I play a video and check with ctrl+J I see "D3D windowed"...... Is it normal? Should it be fullscreen exclusive? How can I fix this? I tried everything :-(
(2015-10-05, 01:27)Knight77 Wrote: I think I've got a little problem: I followed the instructions and installed everything as described but, even if I selected "fullscreen exclusive mode" in the DSPlayer settings and in madvr itself, if I play a video and check with ctrl+J I see "D3D windowed"...... Is it normal? Should it be fullscreen exclusive? How can I fix this? I tried everything :-(

Can you post a picture of your rendering stats? That would be most helpful.

You should see a brief message at the start of playback in the top-left corner indicating exclusive mode is active. Does the same thing occur with an external media player such as MPC-HC?

If you are not outputting in 10-bits, exclusive mode might not be necessary.
I'll post a screenshot ASAP anyway with MPC-HC doesn't happen: with that it shows clearly exclusive fullscreen.

UPDATE: here is the screenshot

(2015-10-04, 19:34)oldpoem Wrote:

win 7
Kodi Isengard rc3

Debug log:

Seem to be tearing issue from what I read. Try turn vsync on in Intel drivers control settings. See if it is turn off or left as application decided.

Tried to left as application decided. Still tearing. Maybe a little less but still. If I disable vsync from kodi settings, tearing is less visible.

(2015-10-04, 23:44)Warner306 Wrote:

win 7
Kodi Isengard rc3

Debug log:

Strange. So the Kodi menu and DVDPlayer are displaying screen tearing, but DSPlayer is not. Why would the official build be any different? This shouldn't have anything to do with DSPlayer. DSPlayer uses the same code to render the Kodi menu.

Yes, exactly. Menu and dvdplayer are not working but when using official build they are.

I uninstalled kodi and deleted the user data folder (took a backup of course before deleting) as well and installed kodi again. This did the trick. Now tearing issue is almost gone. There are time to time a little bit tearing when dvdplayer is playing video but not that much it would be annoying. Any idea what could be wrong in user data folder?

I'll try to delete one folder at time and see if tearing disappears.

This may be stupid question but why there's no an option whether to install dx or not in dsplayer build vs. official build. see pic below:
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-10-05, 10:06)weirdinin Wrote: This may be stupid question but why there's no an option whether to install dx or not in dsplayer build vs. official build. see pic below:

Official Kodi is still DX9 based. DSplayer is on DX11 Branch which is in beta & scheduled to be in place when Kodi 16 release. Hence no DX installer bundle. Just like you can't officially download & install DX11 separatedly. It came with OS & update va Windows Update. The latest end-user runtime installer is DX9.0c .
Not that there seems to be a viable alternative but... when we were thinking that xySubFilter was the future... we were maybe wrong.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1741539
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@weirdinin

there are two "official" versions from the Kodi team (or better there are two versions without DSPlayer) the one that you can download from kodi.tv and then another one developed by afedchin that uses dx11 instead of dx9 that you can find here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274, DSPlayer it's only in DX11 since by Kodi 16 there will be only the dx11 version

so you have to compare DSPlayer with that version and if you still have problems with DVDPlayer and Main Menus without any playback in background with the "official dx11" build you should report there to afedchin
(2015-10-05, 11:52)ashlar Wrote: Not that there seems to be a viable alternative but... when we were thinking that xySubFilter was the future... we were maybe wrong.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1741539

too bad :\, at moment xysubfilter\vsfilter even without some features seems to be stable but who know about the future,

in any case it will be more simple to apply some change to current xysubfilter code that try to update the old internal DSPlayer libsubs.dll...
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47