• 113(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Got a chance to test few bluray ISO. Added .bdmv / .mpls to mediaconfig. Some plays fine but some won't even run , Kodi bluray selection menu pop-upped but nothing happen with all selections.

Weird thing is when I mounted these not working ISO with WinCDEmu. DSplayer can play it fine. Something with how Kodi deal with ISO format?
(2015-10-05, 12:06)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 11:52)ashlar Wrote: Not that there seems to be a viable alternative but... when we were thinking that xySubFilter was the future... we were maybe wrong.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1741539

too bad :\, at moment xysubfilter\vsfilter even without some features seems to be stable but who know about the future,

in any case it will be more simple to apply some change to current xysubfilter code that try to update the old internal DSPlayer libsubs.dll...
At least the code is open source, I hope sooner or later somebody will decide to carry the torch some more.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
That's weird, subtitles aren't displaying anymore on latest build. I didn't change any settings.
In Kodi UI they are enabled and selected, and there is a subtitle queue in madvr (with ctrl+j). When looking at the tray icon, LAVsplitters shows the subtitle as selected and XYsubfilter too.
Those are embedded srt subtitles, nothing special.

Anyone encounters this behavior?

Thanks.
Hi I am new to kodi, but I already knew I would require this DSplayer version. I have installed for the first time today (build 20151004-d0191b0) and I am also not getting sub titles to show.

I am sure I have set up everything correctly. The problem appears to be the subtitle file not being loaded into vysubfilter once I have used the kodi interface to download it from one of the sources. If I do this all in windows mode I can see the vysubfilter tray icon correctly start and madvr report its expecting subtitles, the issues I do see is the downloaded file is not being passed to vysubfilter (there is no subtitle file reported in the filters main tab from the tray tool). If I manually add the subtitle file into xysubfilters tray icon from kodi's cache directory then subtitles will start showing.

Is this an issue with the latest build as the user above mentions the same issue? Or am I overlooking something given that I am a new user?
Same issue with subtitles, i tried forcing it to load external subs only but it'll still load PGS subs, which it won't display.

External subtitles seem to work.
there is a strange behavior with internal subtitles, in my case the problem come with madVR 0.89.6

with madVR 0.89.5 seems ok

can you pls try?
(2015-10-05, 11:52)ashlar Wrote: Not that there seems to be a viable alternative but... when we were thinking that xySubFilter was the future... we were maybe wrong.
Libass is in active development and latest stable version works flawlessly even with heavy subtitles.
https://github.com/libass/libass/commits/master
(2015-10-05, 17:11)aracnoz Wrote: there is a strange behavior with internal subtitles, in my case the problem come with madVR 0.89.6

with madVR 0.89.5 seems ok

can you pls try?
Quote:* fixed: subtitle positioning was sometimes incorrect with MPC-HC/MPC-BE
It's not impossible, this fix is for VSfilter where the subtitle always goes to the center. 89.5 have this issue.
It's indeed working with latest build and madVR 0.89.5.
(2015-10-05, 07:37)Knight77 Wrote: I'll post a screenshot ASAP anyway with MPC-HC doesn't happen: with that it shows clearly exclusive fullscreen.

UPDATE: here is the screenshot

Any help ? Confused
Hi,

Following up with my earlier post,I have updated to the Oct4 Build and also did some tinkering with the drivers and what not.

Anyways Now Am able to play videos to some extent properly,not half as bad as the older post or not half as good as it used to be ! But somewhere inbetween which I can live with.

My main question now is,

1. Am on Win8.1 with DX11.1 and Am not able to install DX11.2 via windows update,How does one do that.
2. Although I have DX11.1 and have enabled exclusive mode Am not seeing the same on stats (had to disable exclusive to take screen shot),It shows D3D9 which means its using DX9 and not 11. How do I get it use DX11 ?? Perhaps that's why Am not able to get proper playback !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_mUe2A...o2QjA/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_mUe2A...dqZFE/view

Please let me know what Am I missing ?

Regards.
MOBO :AMD A68i-350
RAM:6GB DDR3
CPU : 1.6GHZ DUAL CORE
GPU : HD6310 (512MB Shared Memory)
(2015-10-05, 18:25)fullsun Wrote: It's not impossible, this fix is for VSfilter where the subtitle always goes to the center. 89.5 have this issue.

(2015-10-05, 18:50)spiderben25 Wrote: It's indeed working with latest build and madVR 0.89.5.

ok will send a message to madshi for that

Knight77 Wrote:I think I've got a little problem: I followed the instructions and installed everything as described but, even if I selected "fullscreen exclusive mode" in the DSPlayer settings and in madvr itself, if I play a video and check with ctrl+J I see "D3D windowed"...... Is it normal? Should it be fullscreen exclusive? How can I fix this? I tried everything :-(

i always suggested to set Kodi in windowed mode to avoid any problem with madVR fullscreen exclusive/windowed mode, anyway in your case i think maybe some addons or an external window that maintain the focus does not permit madvr to enter in exclusive mode, a full debug log could be useful

(2015-10-05, 19:05)SoundsGreat Wrote: 2. Although I have DX11.1 and have enabled exclusive mode Am not seeing the same on stats (had to disable exclusive to take screen shot),It shows D3D9 which means its using DX9 and not 11. How do I get it use DX11 ??

you have to set madVR to present in dx11 in madVR trayicon "rendering - general settings - use Direct3D 11 for presentation" then you should see D3D11

p.s.
just to be more clear on dx11 etc etc... with everyone

the Kodi branch used by DSPlayer does the rendering in dx11, DSPlayer sends the texture with the entire KODI GUI to madVR that render everything in dx9, then you can choose if the presentation of the final result should be in dx11 or in dx9 but madVR rendering will remain always in dx9
Hey,

i decided to give the new build a try. So i've set up everything new with Win 10. I've used Warners Guide to set everything up. But TV isn't working completey.

Looks like the SD channels do work, but the HD channels doesn't work. If i tune a HD channel, the channel will be tuned on the mediaportal tv Server, but for me it Looks like madVR doesn't start up.

Here is my look where i tune first a SD channel (which worked) and shortly after that a HD channel.

Btw: I'm using a nvidia GT430.
(2015-10-05, 07:37)Knight77 Wrote: I'll post a screenshot ASAP anyway with MPC-HC doesn't happen: with that it shows clearly exclusive fullscreen.

UPDATE: here is the screenshot

I can't see anything unusual. Someone else may have to chime in. Using windowed mode is completely acceptable if you are outputting at 8-bits. You won't miss any extra features. Still, a solution should be available.

What kind of GPU are you using?
Knight77 Wrote:I think I've got a little problem: I followed the instructions and installed everything as described but, even if I selected "fullscreen exclusive mode" in the DSPlayer settings and in madvr itself, if I play a video and check with ctrl+J I see "D3D windowed"...... Is it normal? Should it be fullscreen exclusive? How can I fix this? I tried everything :-(

Here is the log.

( http://pastebin.com/RZ5yRrQx )

Started Kodi, turned debug on, started an episode of serial (MrRobot) let some time pass and stopped it, then exit Kodi.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47