• 116(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-07, 09:08)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 08:26)neeto33 Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 07:24)neeto33 Wrote: Has anyone got DSPlayer livetv with tvheadend on linux working?
If yes, what format is configured in tvheadend?
There are a lot of possible options in tvheadend and I'm loathed to try them all only to find it can't be made to work.
Hi,
I never saw a response to the above post, so I'm guessing the answer is no.
So where to start?
Which protocols work best for remote Live/recorded TV

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2058480

You can use MediaPortal TV-Server, ArgusTV or NextPVR - Guide

Thanks for the response - I've read the guide.
All the above suggested servers are all windows servers. I need a linux based back end that is on a separate server using a proper streaming protocl.- sorry windows server is not an option in my setup.
TvHeadEnd conforms to the live-tv plug and protocol architecture used in the main code stream
Why does dsplayer not support live-tv client plugin and protocol architecture?
All it takes is a source filter to correctly support the live-tv client plugin and protocol architecture and all current TV backends will work (instead of doing them one at at time)
I'm obviously missing something here - please enlighten me.
(2015-10-08, 01:56)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, Emby could be considered a competitor to Kodi. Using a dedicated server on your media computer to organize your media may be preferable to allowing Kodi or a MySQL database do it. The content is accessed by using a remote client. Kodi can be an Emby client by using the Emby for Kodi add-on. I think this add-on is compatible with all skins, but some skins are better designed to work with the add-on.

Emby for Kodi works well with DSPlayer but requires path substitution is used for all sources. This is described in the set-up guide.

So, Emby/Plex are server/client applications, while Kodi is best described as a standalone media frontend/server.
I've now tried with only installing Emby as a skin in Kodi just like any other skin, and it is working fine with DSPlayer, so no need for installing any Emby ServerSmile I'm using Ember Media Manager to manage my movies.
(2015-10-08, 01:56)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, Emby could be considered a competitor to Kodi. Using a dedicated server on your media computer to organize your media may be preferable to allowing Kodi or a MySQL database do it. The content is accessed by using a remote client. Kodi can be an Emby client by using the Emby for Kodi add-on. I think this add-on is compatible with all skins, but some skins are better designed to work with the add-on.

Emby for Kodi works well with DSPlayer but requires path substitution is used for all sources. This is described in the set-up guide.

So, Emby/Plex are server/client applications, while Kodi is best described as a standalone media frontend/server.
I've now tried with only installing Emby repository and just installing Titan as skin, which is working fine for me, so I don't see any advantage for me to install Emby Server.
(2015-10-08, 08:53)Bjur Wrote:

I've now tried with only installing Emby as a skin in Kodi just like any other skin, and it is working fine with DSPlayer, so no need for installing any Emby ServerSmile I'm using Ember Media Manager to manage my movies.

There is no such thing as a emby skin (yet) there is only the emby for kodi addon which will replace your kodi database with one that syncs to the emby server application....using this method any kodi skin is compatible with the addon ( which is why i think it is superior to plex and mysql)

But two very popular kodi skins (titan and a arctic zephyr mod) are developed by emby users to take better advantage of embys features and so the betas of these skins are available in the emby addon repository
(2015-10-08, 04:11)neeto33 Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 09:08)*Roma* Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 08:26)neeto33 Wrote: Hi,
I never saw a response to the above post, so I'm guessing the answer is no.
So where to start?
Which protocols work best for remote Live/recorded TV

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2058480

You can use MediaPortal TV-Server, ArgusTV or NextPVR - Guide

Thanks for the response - I've read the guide.
All the above suggested servers are all windows servers. I need a linux based back end that is on a separate server using a proper streaming protocl.- sorry windows server is not an option in my setup.
TvHeadEnd conforms to the live-tv plug and protocol architecture used in the main code stream
Why does dsplayer not support live-tv client plugin and protocol architecture?
All it takes is a source filter to correctly support the live-tv client plugin and protocol architecture and all current TV backends will work (instead of doing them one at at time)
I'm obviously missing something here - please enlighten me.
Tvheadend PVR client addon for Kodi is built to work only with internal DVDPlayer, it doesn't contains API to work with external players.
This one is annoying but... has anyone got a EU tv? I have 200Hz interpolation 200/24 = TV drops frames. What i noticed is that i must speed up the video to 25Hz to not get frameskips when Motion plus is enabled.

I do know everyone hates motion but my TV has major judder and jaggyness without it on.

Some people tell me to disable madvr cadence or pulldown, is this possible to let the TV do it? From what i understood the TV depending on mode will apply reverse telecine or normal telecine and then apply motion interpolation but MadVR seems to mess this up mid-air causing the TV to frameskip some interpolated frames?

For some reason though if my TV decodes the video instead of the PC (Allshare), it's able to avoid frameskips, anyone here knows how to potentially fix this without SVP?
(2015-10-08, 09:09)Vidman Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 08:53)Bjur Wrote:

There is no such thing as a emby skin (yet) there is only the emby for kodi addon which will replace your kodi database with one that syncs to the emby server application....using this method any kodi skin is compatible with the addon ( which is why i think it is superior to plex and mysql)

But two very popular kodi skins (titan and a arctic zephyr mod) are developed by emby users to take better advantage of embys features and so the betas of these skins are available in the emby addon repository
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I still don't see what I gives me more than using the Titan Skin + Kodi and MySQL database sync and Ember Media Manager. Perhaps it is streaming to mobile devices I get extra.
I know I'll sound annoying but... in case of questions/discussions not completely linked to DSPlayer (see the recent Emby one) could people open different threads? I'm interested in Kodi DSPlayer and having to browse through pages and pages not relevant to the topic is... yeah, annoying. Thanks.

Edit: I mean, I don't think there are rules against opening an "DSPlayer with Emby" thread, right?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Don't see the harm of these types of posts - after all they are DSPlayer linked, if ever so tenuous - certainly more so than ones requesting that they be moved Wink. I don't particularly read anything to do with streaming and/or livetv, but they still have a place in this thread. Better to keep everything in the one place - only my tuppence worth mind you - really aracnoz's call its his thread.
(2015-10-08, 11:53)Bjur Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 09:09)Vidman Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 08:53)Bjur Wrote: I've now tried with only installing Emby as a skin in Kodi just like any other skin, and it is working fine with DSPlayer, so no need for installing any Emby ServerSmile I'm using Ember Media Manager to manage my movies.

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I still don't see what I gives me more than using the Titan Skin + Kodi and MySQL database sync and Ember Media Manager. Perhaps it is streaming to mobile devices I get extra.

Yes + it will sync any kodi version so all kodi version numbers don't need to match
Edit: sorry for going off topic
Apologies if this has already been answered (couldn't find it) but:

1) Does "Sync playback to display" affect both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer (I'm assuming it does)?

2) When using Reclock, should "Sync playback to display" be UNchecked or does it matter at all (i.e. does Reclock override the Kodi setting or would they be in conflict etc.)?
Unless I'm seriously mistaken, "Sync playback to display" affects only DVDPlayer. It's "adjust refresh rate" that affects both. In that case you can decide whether to use it for both or only one of them. I personally handle refresh rate switching through madVR only.

Hence, for #2, I think it doesn't matter.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-10-08, 13:59)Uoppi Wrote: Apologies if this has already been answered (couldn't find it) but:

1) Does "Sync playback to display" affect both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer (I'm assuming it does)?

2) When using Reclock, should "Sync playback to display" be UNchecked or does it matter at all (i.e. does Reclock override the Kodi setting or would they be in conflict etc.)?

Sync playback to display only impacts DVDPlayer.
Zoom isn't working properly anymore on the latest release (where zoom functionality was apparently tweaked according to the changelog). Works fine on the 6th Sep release with identical settings.

When the video changes from 16:9 to 4:3, the image stretches back to 16:9 almost immediately instead of continuing to display at the correct 4:3 ratio. As the selected view mode in Kodi is Normal (not Stretch etc.), this new behavior must surely be a bug and not a "feature"?

MadVR overlay does correctly identify 4:3 but "Touch window from inside" reads +33% (or something thereabouts). MadVR's own zoom settings seem to have no effect in the matter so I'm assuming it's Kodi/DSPlayer.
DSPLAYER does not work with NFS, DVDPLAYER does. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47