• 117(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-06, 14:55)Razoola Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 13:03)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 12:29)Razoola Wrote: Sure, I have zipped up a log here.

that's perfect, because you are using stremming contents ...

i think that i solved your issue

i also included some changes for internal filters to use lavfiters with http/https

so can you pls report if your problems with subs are solved and also if you are experiencing any improvements to play http stream contents

thx

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2zk2d...am_sub.rar

I can confirm this has indeed solved my subtitle issue, thank you very much for such a quick fix on this. It will be hard for me to report other improvements though because I am so new to this player but I will report on any issues I find.

Sadly, this fix did NOT make DVB subtitles visible for me (Finnish TV stream). As far as I recall, they were still working ok in the previous release. The subs are listed in the OSD (as "dvbsubs") but are not displayed. Sad

HOWEVER, on the positive side, the quick fix by aracnoz made seeking working (yippeee!!!) and there are apparently much fewer glitches using the Finnish TV streaming add-on Elisa Viihde. No crashes so far. Thanks!
(2015-10-09, 16:55)Uoppi Wrote: Zoom isn't working properly anymore on the latest release...

When the video changes from 16:9 to 4:3, the image stretches back to 16:9 almost immediately instead of continuing to display at the correct 4:3 ratio.

A follow up: after further testing, the Normal view mode is working properly in both Jarvis Alpha 3 and Kodi 15.1 Isengard. Can't test DX11 right now because download mirrors are down.

So the bug is related to either DX11 Kodi or specifically DSPlayer. When trying to launch the file (or rather TV stream) in DVDPlayer using the DX11 DSPlayer build, nothing happens so I can't say for sure.

EDIT: I manually added "Stretch 4:3" to the "Display 4:3 videos as" menu in an attempt to force 4:3 as 4:3 but Kodi DX11 or DSPlayer is not honoring the setting. This happens specifically when streaming via the Elisa Viihde TV add-on. Files from the NAS do display at the correct aspect ratio when view mode is set to Normal. To recap, madVR OSD properly recognizes both types of video as 4:3 but Kodi force-stretches it when streaming (on the previous DSPlayer release everything worked normally).

EDIT 2.0: Hmm, I just realized Jarvis v.3 is DirectX 11 based as well so my only conclusion is that the bug must be in DSPlayer (because the picture isn't auto zooming when in "Normal" view mode in Jarvis).
Question a bit 'technical experts madVR combined with Kodi / DSPlayer, I have a Nvidia GTX-970 doing some tests with medium settings and chroma upscaling to 1080p with NNEDI3 I tested these values for Rendering and GPU Sensor

Chroma Upscaling : NNEDI3 set to 128 neurons and Image upscaling JINC
Rendering 28/29 ms

Sensor GPU:
GPU Core Clock = 1410
GPU Memory Clock = 1502
GPU Temperature = 68%
GPU Load = 64%

Chroma Upscaling : NNEDI3 set to 64 neurons and Image upscaling JINC
Rendering 18/19 ms

Sensor GPU:
GPU Core Clock = 1177
GPU Memory Clock = 1502
GPU Temperature = 58%
GPU Load = 46%

I would like to know what you think of these values NNEDI3 / GPU and if there are significant differences between NNEDI3 128 neurons and NNEDI3 64 neurons as settings for video quality for the final video at 1080p.
gotham_x, regarding the numbers:

I have an GTX 960 and can say the memory clock rarely needs to go past ~1500 (only downscaling 4k to 1080p seems to require that for me). Just saying because I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out whether my card was broken because most of the time the mem clock remained below max.

Small wonder then that overclocking past the factory OC provided little benefit (the few ms gained vs. the increased temps and fan speeds just wasn't worth it for me). The general "wisdom" seems to say NNEDI3 with values 32 and up are good, especially when prioritized for luma. So I'd say on general terms your settings look as I'd expect for a GTX 970 to perform.
(2015-10-10, 16:16)gotham_x Wrote: Question a bit 'technical experts madVR combined with Kodi / DSPlayer, I have a Nvidia GTX-970 doing some tests with medium settings and chroma upscaling to 1080p with NNEDI3 I tested these values for Rendering and GPU Sensor

Chroma Upscaling : NNEDI3 set to 128 neurons and Image upscaling JINC
Rendering 28/29 ms

Sensor GPU:
GPU Core Clock = 1410
GPU Memory Clock = 1502
GPU Temperature = 68%
GPU Load = 64%

Chroma Upscaling : NNEDI3 set to 64 neurons and Image upscaling JINC
Rendering 18/19 ms

Sensor GPU:
GPU Core Clock = 1177
GPU Memory Clock = 1502
GPU Temperature = 58%
GPU Load = 46%

I would like to know what you think of these values NNEDI3 / GPU and if there are significant differences between NNEDI3 128 neurons and NNEDI3 64 neurons as settings for video quality for the final video at 1080p.

In most cases, differences in chroma upscaling will be difficult to detect due to the soft nature of the chroma (color) layer. So anything 32 neurons or above would be plenty power to devote to a setting that won't do a whole lot to the overall quality of the picture.

If you are upscaling 1080p to 1080p, then I might go all out in sharpening the chroma layer because there isn't much else I can do to the image. But, otherwise, I would focus on other settings instead.

If you don't mind the look of image sharpening, image enhancements and upscaling refinement will provide more immediate gratification. Image upscaling can also do a lot with resolutions below 1080p. I would consider using NNEDI3 64 luma doubling followed by image downscaling for 720p content resized to 1080p. Luma doubling would improve the picture more than applying anything to the chroma layer.

Luma doubling settings for your card might look like this:
  • Chroma: super-xbr150 + AR
  • Image: Jinc3 + AR
  • Luma Doubling: 1.5x or greater - NNEDI3 32 to 256 neurons
  • Chroma Doubling: Off
  • Downscaling: Catmull-Rom + AR + LL
  • Upscaling Refinement: SuperRes (strength: 1)
  • Artifact Removal - Debanding: Medium/High
  • Image Enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2
Thanks for your feedback, if you have implemented the right way, content to 1080p> 1080p, with a setting of chroma upscaling set for example with super-xbr150 + AR (High Processing), you should seize substantial differences in the level of an image better output, by contrast, with a setting of chroma upscaling set with NNEDI3 (Maximum Processing) 32/64/128 neurons in this case only for 1080p content you are watching, is that correct? but as suggested, focus on setting (High processing) to content to 1080p and double image with mixed content 1080p / 720p processing algorithm NNEDI3.
So in this case, mixed content at 1080p / 720p would be enough to set only one profile in the profile madVR as suggested?
(2015-10-09, 16:55)Uoppi Wrote: Zoom isn't working properly anymore on the latest release (where zoom functionality was apparently tweaked according to the changelog). Works fine on the 6th Sep release with identical settings.

When the video changes from 16:9 to 4:3, the image stretches back to 16:9 almost immediately instead of continuing to display at the correct 4:3 ratio. As the selected view mode in Kodi is Normal (not Stretch etc.), this new behavior must surely be a bug and not a "feature"?

MadVR overlay does correctly identify 4:3 but "Touch window from inside" reads +33% (or something thereabouts). MadVR's own zoom settings seem to have no effect in the matter so I'm assuming it's Kodi/DSPlayer.

(2015-10-10, 14:08)Uoppi Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 14:55)Razoola Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 13:03)aracnoz Wrote: that's perfect, because you are using stremming contents ...

i think that i solved your issue

i also included some changes for internal filters to use lavfiters with http/https

so can you pls report if your problems with subs are solved and also if you are experiencing any improvements to play http stream contents

thx

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2zk2d...am_sub.rar

I can confirm this has indeed solved my subtitle issue, thank you very much for such a quick fix on this. It will be hard for me to report other improvements though because I am so new to this player but I will report on any issues I find.

Sadly, this fix did NOT make DVB subtitles visible for me (Finnish TV stream). As far as I recall, they were still working ok in the previous release. The subs are listed in the OSD (as "dvbsubs") but are not displayed. Sad

HOWEVER, on the positive side, the quick fix by aracnoz made seeking working (yippeee!!!) and there are apparently much fewer glitches using the Finnish TV streaming add-on Elisa Viihde. No crashes so far. Thanks!

(2015-10-10, 14:42)Uoppi Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 16:55)Uoppi Wrote: Zoom isn't working properly anymore on the latest release...

When the video changes from 16:9 to 4:3, the image stretches back to 16:9 almost immediately instead of continuing to display at the correct 4:3 ratio.

A follow up: after further testing, the Normal view mode is working properly in both Jarvis Alpha 3 and Kodi 15.1 Isengard. Can't test DX11 right now because download mirrors are down.

So the bug is related to either DX11 Kodi or specifically DSPlayer. When trying to launch the file (or rather TV stream) in DVDPlayer using the DX11 DSPlayer build, nothing happens so I can't say for sure.

EDIT: I manually added "Stretch 4:3" to the "Display 4:3 videos as" menu in an attempt to force 4:3 as 4:3 but Kodi DX11 or DSPlayer is not honoring the setting. This happens specifically when streaming via the Elisa Viihde TV add-on. Files from the NAS do display at the correct aspect ratio when view mode is set to Normal. To recap, madVR OSD properly recognizes both types of video as 4:3 but Kodi force-stretches it when streaming (on the previous DSPlayer release everything worked normally).

EDIT 2.0: Hmm, I just realized Jarvis v.3 is DirectX 11 based as well so my only conclusion is that the bug must be in DSPlayer (because the picture isn't auto zooming when in "Normal" view mode in Jarvis).

can you pls tell me the exact steps to reproduce the issue with the zoom? maybe can you provide a file where you are experiencing this kind of problem, because i'm not able to reproduce, by settings 4:3 the aspect ratio it's changed to 4:3 and remains in that way, anyone else it's able to reproduce this "zoom" issue?

for the subtitle you have to consider that madVR 0.89.6 has a problem with xysubfilter and internal subtitles, so you should try with madVR 0.89.5, it could be also useful a full debug log for this

(2015-10-10, 13:03)tingtong5 Wrote: DSPLAYER does not work with NFS, DVDPLAYER does. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

no there is no support for nfs at moment, may be a full debug log with DVDPlayer and the with DSPlayer could be useful, but i cannot promise too much
madVR 0.89.7 it's out

it solve the problem with xysubfilter and internal subtitle and add also support to show subtitle on blackbar with xysubfilter

if you are interested to this new features you can update your XySubfilter.dll with this one

https://github.com/aracnoz/xy-VSFilter/r...44_x86.zip

for external registered filter i suggest to unregister the old dll, replace the file and then register the new dll

for internal dsplayer filter you have only to replace the old dll (ex. C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer\XySubFilter\XySubFilter.dll)

p.s.

madshi also provided a preview build of XySubFilter but since DSPlayer internal filter require a special version if you want to update dsplayer internal filter you have to download this one
(2015-10-11, 15:09)aracnoz Wrote: can you pls tell me the exact steps to reproduce the issue with the zoom? maybe can you provide a file where you are experiencing this kind of problem, because i'm not able to reproduce, by settings 4:3 the aspect ratio it's changed to 4:3 and remains in that way, anyone else it's able to reproduce this "zoom" issue?

1) Playing back a 4:3 video file in Normal view mode: everything works normally as with previous builds.
2) Playing back a (http/https I believe?) stream via the Elisa Viihde TV add-on: 4:3 always gets auto-stretched within a couple of seconds even though view mode is Normal. Setting view mode to 4:3 once playback has started does however work.This problem doesn't happen on previous DSPlayer builds nor with the Kodi DX9 builds (I've been unable to test with the other DX11 Kodi builds because the servers appear to be down.)
3) Observing madVR overlay identifies the aspect ratio correctly as 4:3 and the applied stretch percentage.

Quote:for the subtitle you have to consider that madVR 0.89.6 has a problem with xysubfilter and internal subtitles, so you should try with madVR 0.89.5, it could be also useful a full debug log for this

Thanks for the tip, I'll update madVR and check!
(2015-10-11, 10:13)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, if you have implemented the right way, content to 1080p> 1080p, with a setting of chroma upscaling set for example with super-xbr150 + AR (High Processing), you should seize substantial differences in the level of an image better output, by contrast, with a setting of chroma upscaling set with NNEDI3 (Maximum Processing) 32/64/128 neurons in this case only for 1080p content you are watching, is that correct? but as suggested, focus on setting (High processing) to content to 1080p and double image with mixed content 1080p / 720p processing algorithm NNEDI3.
So in this case, mixed content at 1080p / 720p would be enough to set only one profile in the profile madVR as suggested?

The profile posted would be for 720p content. 1080p videos could use NNEDI3 with high neurons because image upscaling is unnecessary. 720p would be all about image doubling and upscaling refinement, so chroma upscaling could be reduced.

I would recommend pushing your graphics card with each profile if you have the room.
There is now madVR 0.89.8 with another xysubfilter fix
The xySubFilter fix fixed the DVB subtitles not showing issue, but alas, the update came with a big performance penalty to rendering: I had to OC my GTX 960 by 100+ MHz to get acceptable performance and even +190 MHz wasn't high enough for some of my profiles Tongue (rendering queue is not filling properly when at near max settings).

Anyway, madshi's looking into it. I've only had one crash so far, so that's positive.
may i ask what u would recommend for an GTX 960 to 4k.

mostly livetv 1080i and tvrips 480p, movies 1080p/24 looking good anyway here Wink

i tested the recommended settings on high (no chance), so i tryed something between medium and high ...
even my cpu (skylake e6600) is never on limit so i assume its more about the gpu power here ...
i also enabled the hardware acc to dxva and dxva2 in video acc settings, hope thats correct Wink

what i figured is Image upscaling JINC and dithering correction error level 2 are most likely my framerate killers here,
rather also go more to image doubling cause 4k display ?

thanks ahead for an tip ...
(2015-10-12, 07:19)alturismo Wrote: may i ask what u would recommend for an GTX 960 to 4k.

mostly livetv 1080i and tvrips 480p, movies 1080p/24 looking good anyway here Wink

i tested the recommended settings on high (no chance), so i tryed something between medium and high ...
even my cpu (skylake e6600) is never on limit so i assume its more about the gpu power here ...
i also enabled the hardware acc to dxva and dxva2 in video acc settings, hope thats correct Wink

what i figured is Image upscaling JINC and dithering correction error level 2 are most likely my framerate killers here,
rather also go more to image doubling cause 4k display ?

thanks ahead for an tip ...

Use ordered dithering and reduce chroma upscaling to something like Lanczos3 + AR. Then try super-xbr luma/chroma doubling or NNEDI3 luma doubling. Image doubling will result in the greatest impact, dithering and chroma upscaling the least. I would set image upscaling to Jinc.

You may want to consider creating separate profiles for interlaced content. Deinterlacing takes quite a bit of resources on its own, which will reduce your settings and may require you use Lanczos image upscaling rather than Jinc.

Use the charts below as a guide to what settings are most important.

Output Resolution: 3840 x 2160p

Source Legend:

Low-Quality/High-Quality: This is basic measure of source image quality, which impacts the usefulness of two madVR settings: image sharpening and debanding. Low-Quality sources tend to be highly-compressed and characterized by compression artifacts and obvious color banding. In this case, sharpening shaders are less desirable because they tend to enhance such artifacts. Higher debanding settings, however, can be used to counter artifacts. High-Quality sources, on the other hand, are generally free of color bands and respond better to sharpening shaders because they have few artifacts.

madVR Settings Hierarchy

Display: 3840 x 2160p

Resizes:
SD -> 2160p
HD -> 2160p
2160p -> 2160p

thanks for the tipps, may i ask about sep. profiles, any chance they will come to internal profiles (example: save for 1080i content ...)

or then only possible to use with madvr settings ?

thanks ahead
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47