• 125(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-22, 19:05)XTrojan Wrote:
(2015-10-22, 08:20)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-21, 16:20)XTrojan Wrote: Does MadVR do 10bit 4:4:4 on 4k? I Bought a new TV but some professionells are saying that 4:4:4 10bit 4k is impossible since HDMI 2.0 can't handle it.

I'm unsure if my new TV does 4:4:4 on 24Hz as well, they only stated that it does 8bit 4:4:4 at 50/60Hz with PC mode on and UHD color on.

Should i thus decrease native bitdepth to -> 8bit, and disable DX11 10bit?

The Blurays i have are encoded in 4:2:0 and probably 8bit color, if i understood correctly, MadVR will upscale it to 4:4:4 RGB & 10bit?

4:4:4 is a description of chroma subsampling using the Y'CbCr color space. madVR will output as RGB, which is 4:4:4 (or equivalent). Some TVs will want to convert the RGB output back to Y'CbCr. This could mean down-converting to 4:2:2 or 4:4:4. This would remain true regardless of the bit depth (8 or 10-bit).

In either case, this should not make much of a difference. There is a 4:4:4 test image in the Image Scaling section of the set-up guide if you are curious what your TV does to the signal. But 10-bit RGB is, of course, possible with any TV.

(2015-10-21, 19:12)Talguy Wrote: Doesn't
4:2:0 = 8 Bits
4:2:2 = 10 Bits
4:4:4 = 12 Bits?

RGB is measured in bits per channel: 8-bits per channel or 10-bits per channel.

So, RGB 4:4:4 at 10 bits would be equal to 30 bits. RGB 4:2:2 would be 20 bits.

So MadVR actually does output in HDR format without the dolby program?

What happens if the TV doesn't support 4:4:4, will the TV or the GPU be left to downgrade it to 4:2:2 or will MadVR detect it (If Nvidia control panel is set to RGB). Cause RGB is dynamic from what i understood? It doesn't need switching from 444 to 422 etc in control panel?

You should output RGB at the graphics card (where 4:4:4 does not exist). Let the TV convert to Y'CbCr if need be. It is difficult to determine what the TV is doing sometimes, so it is best not assume what the TV wants.
[quote='aracnoz' pid='2139973' dateline='1445514188']
somewhere dsplayer receives the command to set that aspect ratio, with the previous release DSPlayer was ignoring the message to change aspect ratio while playback[quote]

Could you please explain this a bit more, as it appears to be precisely the two most recent DSPlayer builds that are ignoring the aspect ratio message during playback?

When setting LAV splitter to use stream AR, madVR correctly receives the info from the stream. DVDPlayer does likewise as did previous DSPlayer builds - i.e. the aspect ratio changes correctly.

However, on the two most recent DSPlayer builds, DSPlayer doesn't receive the AR change message anymore from the http stream. Meaning 4:3 is incorrectly identified always as 16:9 and the picture is stretched even in Normal view mode.

I don't know what exactly what was changed but something clearly got broken in DSPlayer.
Warner, can you help me to understand a situation with 1280x720p file, state that use Reclock, with settings as your guide. In madVR> Display Modes, I activated treat 25p as 24p, I can not post screenschot statistics because I activated in the General Settings, Fullscreen Exclusive Mode.

The only setting I changed in madVR is, treat 25p as 24p, the file in question with these settings works 24.00020 Hz / 1080p 24Hz display, but I Frame 1 drop every 1.60 seconds, you can imagine how many you have dropped frames, rendering total around values of 22-23 ms.

obviously the file 1280x720p is in 25fps

If you change / off treat 25p as 24p, you have Dropped Frames 0, rendering total 21/22 ms, with the inconvenience Display output at 50.00036 Hz 1080p

I ask, what is it if active treat 25p as 24p for movies 25fps with a loss of frames every 1.60 seconds ?

so it is worth looking at 1080p without loss of countless frames.
(2015-10-21, 20:17)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-10-21, 14:47)Talguy Wrote: Has anyone gotten SVP4 working with FFDShow Raw filters? I was able to get the latest version of SVP3 to work but not the new public-free release of SVP4

I believe they went alternative way and doesn't use FFDShow RAW / AVISynth anymore. So unless they added DSPlayer to their supported player, it won't work for now.

ok so I got SVP4 working in MPC-HC using a FFDShow Raw Filter. The only way I could get it to work was by making sure the "Prefer" option to the right of the external filter was checked.

Now the question is, is there an equivalent option to check in DSPlayer to get SVP4 working?

FYI, it seems like SVP4 is so much better on the CPU then SVP3.1.7
(2015-10-23, 02:37)Talguy Wrote: ok so I got SVP4 working in MPC-HC using a FFDShow Raw Filter. The only way I could get it to work was by making sure the "Prefer" option to the right of the external filter was checked.

Now the question is, is there an equivalent option to check in DSPlayer to get SVP4 working?

FYI, it seems like SVP4 is so much better on the CPU then SVP3.1.7

OK. I just install SVP4 Free and it works out of the box. No need to change anything from SVP3.
@oldpoem, weird I wonder why I can't get it to work for me with the latest version of DSPlayer
(2015-10-23, 04:18)Talguy Wrote: @oldpoem, weird I wonder why I can't get it to work for me with the latest version of DSPlayer

I don't know. I just installed SVP4. Closed SVP3 manager. And it works fine. No need to change anything on DSPlayer.
(2015-10-22, 23:05)gotham_x Wrote: Warner, can you help me to understand a situation with 1280x720p file, state that use Reclock, with settings as your guide. In madVR> Display Modes, I activated treat 25p as 24p, I can not post screenschot statistics because I activated in the General Settings, Fullscreen Exclusive Mode.

The only setting I changed in madVR is, treat 25p as 24p, the file in question with these settings works 24.00020 Hz / 1080p 24Hz display, but I Frame 1 drop every 1.60 seconds, you can imagine how many you have dropped frames, rendering total around values of 22-23 ms.

obviously the file 1280x720p is in 25fps

If you change / off treat 25p as 24p, you have Dropped Frames 0, rendering total 21/22 ms, with the inconvenience Display output at 50.00036 Hz 1080p

I ask, what is it if active treat 25p as 24p for movies 25fps with a loss of frames every 1.60 seconds ?

so it is worth looking at 1080p without loss of countless frames.

It sounds like ReClock is not resyncing the audio. I'm not sure why this would be. In the video tab of ReClock, set the estimated refresh rate to be 25 fps and see if that improves anything.
Unfortunately there are no improvements changing at 25fps. reclock

Statistics: MadVR > Display Mode treat 25p movies as 24p disabled - Reclock 23.976 ------ highlighted , statistics difference, Display Mode treat 25p movies as 24p activated - Reclock 23.976

Display 50.00036Hz / 24.00020Hz
Smooth Motion off (Settings)
D3D11 Exclusive (10-bit)
Clock deviation -0.00000%
h264,8bit, 4: 2: 0 -> NV12,8 bit, 4: 2: 0
Movie 25,000 fps (Says Source Filter)
1 frame repeat every 1.60 hours / 1 frame every drop 1:00 seconds
1280x720 -> 1280.718 -> 0,2,1920,1079
Touch window from inside
Chroma> Super-XBR
Luma> Nnedi 64 <Catmull-Rom - AR
Chroma> JINC - AR
Vsync 20.00ms, 40.00 frames / Vsync 41.67 ms frame 40.00ms
Matrix BT .709 (Best Guess)
Limited range (Best Guess)
Deinterlacing off (Says Upstream)
Decoder queue 15-16 / 16 - queue 13-16 / 16
Subtitle queue 7-8 / 8 - queue 13-16 / 16
Upload queue 7-8 / 8 - queue 6-9 / 8
Render Queue 7-8 / 8 - queue 6-8 / 8
Present queue 2-4 / 8 - queue 6-8 / 8
Dropped frames 0 / Dropped frames a tide
Decayed frame 0
Presentation glitiche s 78000 + / Presentation glitiche 1
Average stats
Rendering total 23/24 - rendering total 21/22
(2015-10-20, 23:56)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-20, 21:28)steelman1991 Wrote: Anyone else experiencing issues with the rendering of 'forced' subtitles. Successful display seems particularly random. I have several files which work correctly and others which don't - there is no pattern to it at all. I am presently using 'internal filters' and have attached a log from a file that I know has a 'forced' subtitle header, but which point blank refuses to render. This is a fairly recent addition, so I'm not sure if the others in my collection are working because they have been played previously with a working version - sure I read somewhere that playback states were retained.

Using the Isengard 15.2 DX11 build from the 1st post.

I have also added the media info from the actual file showing the header confirmation

http://pastebin.com/Xv5tGtAd

i made some quickly test with forced subtitles and seems works for me, maybe can you provide a sample of one of this problematics file

aracnoz - sorry for the delay in replying, I encountered some serious HDD issues over the last few days, which meant I had to completely uninstall Kodi , including my appdata profiles. With a fresh install the issue has gone - sorry again, but thanks for being so responsive to my issue.
@gotham_x, what color is the reclock tray icon when these issues happen if have kodi in a window? Is it Yellow or Green?

If it is yellow then it probably means you do not have the percentages for 'speed change of media with PCM audio' set to a value that will allow reclock to resample (settings in reclocks video tab). You need to make sure the maximum speedup value is at least 5% when speeding up 24p to 25p, and of course maximum slowdown at least 5% when slowing down 25p to 24p. Also make sure in reclocks advanced setting tab that all the vsync options are disabled.

In situations like this its best to always check the reclock tray icon color first to be sure reclock is correctly altering audio if your not bit streaming audio.
(2015-10-21, 16:20)XTrojan Wrote: I just checked wiki, if i understood correctly, MadVR will upscale everything? Rec 2020 is stated to be everything (Bitdepth, colorspace, chroma subsampling). Which is -> 10bit, RGB32, 4:4:4. (Standard Blu-Ray being 8bit bpc, YUV, 4:2:0)

Quote: HDMI 2.0 supports the Rec. 2020 color space.[16] HDMI 2.0 can transmit 12-bit per sample RGB at a resolution of 2160p and a frame rate of 24/25/30 fps or it can transmit 12-bits per sample 4:2:2/4:2:0 YCbCr at a resolution of 2160p and a frame rate of 50/60 fps

I'm not sure if MadVR is touching bitdepth and colorspace. But chroma does get scaled to 4:4:4. I'm not sure what 10bit dithering is...

madvr allways upsample chroma to 4:4:4 and then converts YCbCr (4:4:4) to RGB. All this is done in 32 bit floatting point and stored in 16 bit integer. In the end 16 bit is dithered to the bit depth you have selected.

i.e. 1080p YCbCr 4:2:0 means chroma resolution is 960*540 so madvr upscale that to 1920*1080 with chroma upscaling algo you have selected (this upsample 4:2:0 to 4:4:4). Once YCbCr (4:4:4) -> RGB conversion is done image is upscaled to 4k with image upscaling/doubling algo. Finally it dithers from 16 bit to bit depth selected and with dithering algo you have selected.
I'm loving this so far. I've noticed though that if I connect my HTPC directly to my tv as opposed to going through my receiver, I get a much cleaner picture. With that though, I'm forced to use Optical Audio from the PC to the receiver. I'm now having issues with getting ReClock to work correctly. I've read about a few issues that may come up with using ReClock and SPDIF connections. Is this worth trying to figure out or should I just stick with the LAV Audio?
(2015-10-23, 14:26)Razoola Wrote: @gotham_x, what color is the reclock tray icon when these issues happen if have kodi in a window? Is it Yellow or Green?

If it is yellow then it probably means you do not have the percentages for 'speed change of media with PCM audio' set to a value that will allow reclock to resample (settings in reclocks video tab). You need to make sure the maximum speedup value is at least 5% when speeding up 24p to 25p, and of course maximum slowdown at least 5% when slowing down 25p to 24p. Also make sure in reclocks advanced setting tab that all the vsync options are disabled.

In situations like this its best to always check the reclock tray icon color first to be sure reclock is correctly altering audio if your not bit streaming audio.

Hi.

ReClock is yellow in the notification bar when you play movie 1280x720p and / or 1920x1080p

These are the settings I have in ReClock

1280x720p output display 1080p , the panning there are obvious stuttering.
@gotham_x, reclock icon needs to be green. or flashing red to green while it calculates the timing. I would guess from your settings that the problem could be one of a couple of things.

First change the hardware interface setting on the video page from direct draw to automatic.

I think your problem however is related to your bitstream settings on the audio settings page. You have it set so reclock will not adjust the media speed. You must have that unchecked if your trying to play at different refresh rates and don't want skipped/repeated video frames... But to be honest you should not be using bitstreaming at all if your trying to go from 24p to 25p or visaversa. You should only think about using the bitstream settings when going from 23.976 to 24p or visa versa.

The problem people have understanding reclock is they don't understand how the development changed..... It was created for people who wanted to play 24p content on a TV that did not support native 24p refresh rates and to correctly match refresh rates... When development stopped and slysoft took it over they took reclock in a different direction from its initial design and tried to made it more as an audio product.

That final setting on the audio page 'disable media speed correction with bitstream audio (recommended)' is the prime example of where reclock development went in the wrong way and why it can be confusing.... It can be equally argued that this setting should be flagged as 'not reconnended' over 'recommended'.

It comes down to this.....

If you use reclock and you want perfect bitstreamed audio, reclock forces video frame skips and repeats so bitstream audio remains accurate then you have the box checked.

If you use reclock because you want stutter free video at the expense bitstreamed audio dropping or repeating audio packets then you want this setting unchecked.

As I said though, you really should not be using bitstreaming at all when going 24p to 25p or visa versa.... You want reclock to resample the audio stream so it matches the video framerate.

[edit addition]
So in your case I hope you can now see why your getting a framedrop every second. I would say disable that final bitstream setting. Confirm video frames are no longer dropping and that reclock icon goes green. Once that's good think about not using bitstreaming if your going to be playing 25p content at 24p. I would also say not to use lav/madvr treat 25p and 24p settings and let reclock do it all. Only look at the madvr/lav settings if reclock is not doing it correctly.... Reclock was doing the job just fine long before madvr or lav filters were created.
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47