• 126(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Thanks for the explanation Razoola, I'll have to try this when I get home. I've been having the same problem as gotham_x. MadVR does what it's supposed to, setting the display to 24p with 25p content, but I still get visual stutter and frame drops with or without PAL Speed Down in Reclock. I wasn't sure if this was resolvable. If it is it might make a nice addition to Warner306's guide.
Hmm...Is it only me or is GTX 970 really this weak or underperforming?

The best settings i could get before framedrops were

1080 -> 2160P

Chroma: super-xbr150 + AR + Superres
Image: Jinc3 + AR
Luma Doubling: 2x or greater - NNEDI3 16
Chroma Doubling: Disabled
Upscaling Refinement: SuperRes + LL
Artifact Removal - Debanding: Medium/High
Image Enhancements: Off
Dithering: Error Diffusion 2

I was hoping for NNEDI3 32 doubling or atleast NNEDI3 for standard chroma upscaling, is it only me?

Not sure what i should change...
(2015-10-24, 00:18)XTrojan Wrote: Hmm...Is it only me or is GTX 970 really this weak or underperforming?

1080 -> 2160P

I was hoping for NNEDI3 32 doubling or atleast NNEDI3 for standard chroma upscaling, is it only me?

NNEDI3 is just that hard on a gpu. Thus why super-xbr is there. I'm not sure a titan or 980ti can do it as you would like.
(2015-10-23, 23:00)hu1kamania Wrote: Thanks for the explanation Razoola, I'll have to try this when I get home. I've been having the same problem as gotham_x. MadVR does what it's supposed to, setting the display to 24p with 25p content, but I still get visual stutter and frame drops with or without PAL Speed Down in Reclock. I wasn't sure if this was resolvable. If it is it might make a nice addition to Warner306's guide.

I already mentioned bitstreaming must be disabled for media speed correction to apply. I'll mention the green tray icon indicates media speed correction is active.
(2015-10-24, 00:18)XTrojan Wrote: Hmm...Is it only me or is GTX 970 really this weak or underperforming?

1080 -> 2160P

Definately go with super-xbr plus SuperRes - it is just about as good but much cheaper. And turn off linear light when using SuperRes. It is not recommended to scale in linear light when image upscaling, only downscaling.

You could reduce ED2 to Ordered Dithering, too. This won't make much of a difference. And turn off SuperRes for chroma upscaling, which also won't do much for image quality. Those changes might make it possible to use NNEDI3 32, which is marginally better.
@Razoola @Warner360

After an almost sleepless night, he reclock guilty, of course you are joking.

I go step by step, I found out why I was always yellow icon reclock , in LAV Audio, NOT I had eliminated all HD audio codecs, such as citation guide, Warner360

Note: If using ReClock, it advised to be output as PCM audio to make use of average speed correction (uncheck all boxes).

By doing so, icon Reclock working red / green, clearing Bitstream as screenshots

If I understand correctly, it should be set like this, correct ?

MadVR -> Disply Modes , activated ,treat 25p movies as 24p!

With these corrections settings Reclock : ONLY PCM audio to my AVR, so I lost AUDIO HD, not good !!!
(2015-10-24, 10:33)gotham_x Wrote: @Razoola @Warner360

After an almost sleepless night, he reclock guilty, of course you are joking.

I go step by step, I found out why I was always yellow icon reclock , in LAV Audio, NOT I had eliminated all HD audio codecs, such as citation guide, Warner360

Note: If using ReClock, it advised to be output as PCM audio to make use of average speed correction (uncheck all boxes).

By doing so, icon Reclock working red / green, clearing Bitstream as screenshots

If I understand correctly, it should be set like this, correct ?

MadVR -> Disply Modes , activated ,treat 25p movies as 24p!

With these corrections settings Reclock : ONLY PCM audio to my AVR, so I lost AUDIO HD, not good !!!

You didn't lose HD audio; it is just unpacked into PCM streams. It is still decoded from digital to analog by the receiver. The sound quality won't suffer. If you want to remove PAL speedup, then you must make this compromise. If PAL speedup doesn't bother you, then you can go back to bitstreaming. ReClock must resample the audio in order to match the framerate.
(2015-10-24, 06:40)Warner306 Wrote:

1080 -> 2160P

Definately go with super-xbr plus SuperRes - it is just about as good but much cheaper. And turn off linear light when using SuperRes. It is not recommended to scale in linear light when image upscaling, only downscaling.

You could reduce ED2 to Ordered Dithering, too. This won't make much of a difference. And turn off SuperRes for chroma upscaling, which also won't do much for image quality. Those changes might make it possible to use NNEDI3 32, which is marginally better.

Thanks, it looks awesome, is there any difference at the setting "Apply SuperRes First"? and "Refine image after every 2upscaling step"?
Warner, let me understand.

1] As the screenshot, are fine as Bitstream settings with this method.Settings the two final options.

2] I accept the explanation Audio streams in uncompressed PCM, but on my AVR, is always notified PCM audio, and the output of 'Audio no longer Airy and engaging as I had with all Audio codec activated LAV Audio, in my opinion, I find a compromise low livello.Posso wrong, that's just my opinion ....

3] If I go back to the settings Audio / LAV Audio I had previously, to have icon Reclocking working green or red / green, not yellow, which option Bitstream set in;, the two final options.
(2015-10-23, 18:56)gotham_x Wrote: Image

1280x720p output display 1080p , the panning there are obvious stuttering.
I think you should not have Vsync activated for other renderers, Vsync should be deactivated for everything. madVR takes care of it.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
In fact, following the signs EZODEN -> Advanced Settings, I disabled all, the fact remains, as mentioned earlier, Audio HD Audio resampled in PCM ReClock,NOT is airier and engaging as with the HD Audio codec active Lav Audio, i do not know, not seeing the various HD Audio codec on the screen of my AVR, seems as much a negative forcing, my opinion of course.
It's mental issue, I saw someone replace AVR just because the light didn't showed up.
(2015-10-24, 14:21)oldpoem Wrote: It's mental issue, I saw someone replace AVR just because the light didn't showed up.

I agree, i so far can't tell a difference between bitstream or reclock, except from DTS-HD sometimes having -4 dB internal, thus it can sound louder, but you just gotta raise the volume if you're not bitstreaming. I was mental myself, but i ended up with PC handling it since i couldn't bother with my Nvidia card refresh rate being totally messed up (23.971Hz on 23.976 wtf?). Until a solution will be released for bitstreaming it will never be "perfect" unless you're running Intel Haswell GPU with perfect timings.

Wouldn't a possible solution be (decoding DTS-HD, reclocking it and then packing it into DTS-HD again and bitstreaming it, i'm sure VideoClock does this?). Another solution would be modding Nvidia/AMD refresh rates to force constant 23.976 which CRU does http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread...tility-CRU

Nvidia/AMD is doing a major fuckup here. Whichever of these companies deciding to add "Cinema" refresh rates has got my money. They just need to add a extra button named "Enable Cinema Refresh Rates" that changes the timings to be perfect for cinema, the normal timings can remain as well.

(2015-10-24, 13:48)gotham_x Wrote: In fact, following the signs EZODEN -> Advanced Settings, I disabled all, the fact remains, as mentioned earlier, Audio HD Audio resampled in PCM ReClock,NOT is airier and engaging as with the HD Audio codec active Lav Audio, i do not know, not seeing the various HD Audio codec on the screen of my AVR, seems as much a negative forcing, my opinion of course.

There are methods to fix it, but none of them are realtime, MKVMerge can reencode the video and audio to your refresh rate while keeping the audio perfect and bitstreamable without issues. This is a retarded method though and time consuming as everyone has different refresh rate timings, if just one of these retarded companies gave a damn i'd totally buy it.
Surely, patience, hard work, not least where they end their skills to do this.
However, with video resolution 1280x720 / 25fps and settings ReClock above, always 1 Frame Drop Every 1:00 seconds. Reclocks notification icon GREEN.
Reclock can be set to work with both bitstreaming and PCM resampling without changing settings. It all depends on what it receives from the audio decoder. The problem is reclocks user interface makes it harder than it needs to be.

If you are wanting to slow down 25p to 24p you want LAV set up so bitstreaming is disabled. As Warner306 says you do not loose audio quality, slysoft would argue you gain quality. In 95% of cases I would say this is the correct setup for reclock (don't use bitstreaming).

Bitstreaming however is a great option in reclock and I'm very thankful its there. You have to understand when to use it though because using it incorrectly causes issues (like you have discovered) or the loss of audio quality. Because reclock does not resample audio when bitstreaming however it is appealing to some because you save many CPU cycles which is great if your using CPU for decoding video

You only want reclock doing bitstreaming if you can match your panels refresh rate to a very close multiple of the video refresh rate. For example, I could get an old 295GTX gfx card to a refresh rate of 23.972 or 23.978 adding a custom refresh rate in the NVidia control panel. This is the correct time to consider having bitstreaming enabled for use with reclock. Then its just a case of that final 'disable media speed correction with bitstream audio' setting and if you should use it or not. Using it means video will correct itself (drop/repeat frames) to keep sync with audio. Disabling it will mean bitstream audio packets will drop/repeat so video remains smooth always. Because refresh rates are so close these corrections will be few and far between no matter which option you choose for this setting.

Some people will also use bitstreaming when going 23.976 to 24.000 or visa versa. For some that's too much audio packets dropping, some however may see that as an acceptable trade off for the extra CPU cycles to use on video.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47