• 138(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-11-12, 04:35)SHIELD9 Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 04:21)SHIELD9 Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 00:13)Warner306 Wrote: I am not sure why you would want to use VLC media player. DSPlayer will give you much better quality. And you can bitstream with LAV Audio.

External players in Kodi are launched using code placed in a playercorefactory.xml as described in this post for MPC-HC:

1843510 (post).
But evrything pon my windows 10 Pro is 64 bit just like my OS I find the 32 Bit slow some need's to write the codes "STRING" for 64 Bit as well it run's faster the 32 Bit runs really slow thats why I LQQK for 64 bit for all my instalation's .

video decoder & player): http://mpc-hc.org/downloads/ <-Error Say's the Infor Structure is correct when I tryed to click on the zip from the addon's?

Well I tryed to install it again and it didn't work the set's where as Indicated on you're page here
When I Inabile it the tv chanels video won't load up So I go back to wat I was using I know it would after I Installed Plus this 2016 comming up yea hard to believe get a Player that activates this feature will alot of configouration woud make it a lot easyer
For those "afraid" of madVR going commercial: Sooner or later I might try to earn some money with madVR. But my current plan is to keep a free madVR version available. One option I'm considering is to have a free and a "pro" madVR version, where the free version still has all the important features, and the pro version would just have a couple fancy extra features or something. But the exact details are not decided yet.
Glad to see, you are posting here
And thanks for all your MadVr releases
Never been against paying a man for a good job.
Keep it on madshi!
I'd pay something in light of the sheer number of hours and years that have went into madVR. But it is good to know a free version will still exist. I'm still curious as to what features remain to be added. There is still a long ways to go to 1.0.
Alright guys, I got some questions mostly about Reclock, SVP and one about PVR.

Now that I finally have Reclock working on my machine for HD audio formats, I’ve been using DSPlayer as the version of Kodi I run daily. However, it looks like Reclock is not working 100% for me. This is a small problem, but a problem it is. When I go to play a video encoded with MP3 audio or a 2.0 format, the video starts up but a reclock error message pops up saying my hardware doesn’t support this format. It says a few other things about padding and floating point size, but I don’t remember exactly what as I’m at work right now. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before and now how to solve it?

The other question I have about using Reclock while running SVP4. Last night I noticed that when I ran SVP4 with DSPlayer Reclock wouldn’t detect SVP4’s refresh rate but would instead use the video’s original refresh rate. This didn’t allow me to hit 60fps frame interpolation. It seemed like when I started a video it takes SVP4 some time to start up and start interpolating frames, when Reclock starts up right away. Maybe a way to solve this is to delay Reclocks startup by a few seconds. Anyone know how to do this?

Another question I have is more for the SVP users. SVP is great and all. I find that I like it better with animation then live action videos. Is there a rule I can implement somewhere that enables SVP when a certain condition is met? I’m thinking I’ll go into ever file that I would like to run SVP with and place an “(SVP)” tag into the file name. Something like that

Also can anyone tell me what I need to add to my Merits file inorder to watch Live TV. I’m not sure if the ServerWMC’s video stream is supported by DSPlayer (I hope it is), but I wouldn’t mind using DVDPlayer either as long as I can watch my live tv.

I’m so close to my ultimate setup and it’ll get even better once I get a new license to windows 10 for the new much more powerful HTPC.
(2015-11-13, 22:35)Talguy Wrote: Alright guys, I got some questions mostly about Reclock, SVP and one about PVR.

Now that I finally have Reclock working on my machine for HD audio formats, I’ve been using DSPlayer as the version of Kodi I run daily. However, it looks like Reclock is not working 100% for me. This is a small problem, but a problem it is. When I go to play a video encoded with MP3 audio or a 2.0 format, the video starts up but a reclock error message pops up saying my hardware doesn’t support this format. It says a few other things about padding and floating point size, but I don’t remember exactly what as I’m at work right now. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before and now how to solve it?

The other question I have about using Reclock while running SVP4. Last night I noticed that when I ran SVP4 with DSPlayer Reclock wouldn’t detect SVP4’s refresh rate but would instead use the video’s original refresh rate. This didn’t allow me to hit 60fps frame interpolation. It seemed like when I started a video it takes SVP4 some time to start up and start interpolating frames, when Reclock starts up right away. Maybe a way to solve this is to delay Reclocks startup by a few seconds. Anyone know how to do this?

Another question I have is more for the SVP users. SVP is great and all. I find that I like it better with animation then live action videos. Is there a rule I can implement somewhere that enables SVP when a certain condition is met? I’m thinking I’ll go into ever file that I would like to run SVP with and place an “(SVP)” tag into the file name. Something like that

Also can anyone tell me what I need to add to my Merits file inorder to watch Live TV. I’m not sure if the ServerWMC’s video stream is supported by DSPlayer (I hope it is), but I wouldn’t mind using DVDPlayer either as long as I can watch my live tv.

I’m so close to my ultimate setup and it’ll get even better once I get a new license to windows 10 for the new much more powerful HTPC.

Uncheck 32-bit floating point in LAV Audio. Set ReClock to 96,000 KHz sampling rate and 24 bit integer padded to 32 bit.

I don't know anything about SVP. It might not be a good idea to use ReClock with SVP. I can't think of any rules that can be created in Kodi to use SVP. The only way to accomplish this would be set something in SVP.
For SVP you can specify rule name for every filename include (SVP) in filename to have ffdshowraw as extrafilter. While other you have to delete extra filter line.
(2015-11-10, 04:07)geofred1993 Wrote: @aracnoz

The official kodi dev team is working hard on a new video player.
As it has to run on many different kind of device, spending time on a directshow based player is completely useless.

Furthermore kodi dsplayer needs madvr, a closed source software.
Recently madshi included new sharpen algorithms. Unfortunately he doesn't want to share the code behind them.

Finally the mpv player that is cross-platform becomes more robust on windows and has almost every madvr features and some interesting exclusive ones.

Kodi is crossplatform, but then each ambient has their own way to render, if you install kodi on Windows you will have the DirectX that are completly useless for the other platforms, so integrate a DirectShow system only for windows shouldn't be too much to accept... I see Kodi like a mini OS that contains and can executes others software, then it's a good thing that there is an efficient internal decoder but for me shouldn't be an imposition if there is a way to choose also an external decoder, i don't know if you like to have a Windows that can execute the video only with Windows Media Player, i suppose that in microsoft there is a team only to develop their own player but it's a good things to have an alternative, another "strange" example it's with the first version of Apple iOS where was not allowed to develop a web browser because there was already Safari... at same way in kodi would be great to have the possibility to choose a different decoder/renderer when and if it's possible

then for the question about open/closed source etc, there is mpc-hc that is an opensource software with madVR support i don't see reason why Kodi could not do the same "officially"

i don't know if dsplayer it's not considered by them because there is already an internal way to manage these things or for other reasons, i never had a discussion on this with team kodi and never will be, i don't think that their are interested to this project otherwise during this years something would be already done

the difference it's that now i see every days new users in this thread interested to DSPlayer and i really would improve and support all of you but i'm always only one developer

anyway if i'm here to develop for DSPlayer is clear that I do not share their philosophy but I respect their decisions

(2015-11-12, 00:42)Warner306 Wrote: @aracnoz

Is it possible for to look into adding support for the CinemaVision Add-on?

Again, this is not big deal to me, but it would be nice to have support if it is not too difficult to add.

addons support is not as easy as you might imagine, because i have also to study the python code of the addons to figure out what it's happening...

in this case, cinemavision between trailer, presentation etc etc, executes a "dummy video" that is stopped just after that Player thread it's created, i really don't know why this "dummy video" should be played/stopped in a millisecond and don't just execute the playlist, another strange things it's that when a video it's completed the plugin sends another command of stop that should be useless because the player perform the stop by it self when the file it's completed. There may be good reasons for doing it this way but this it's the problem with DSPlayer that could crash if you stop while it's generating the filter graph, i prepared a workaround for this, but i really cannot do this kind of job again for others plugin, sorry too much efforts to study each addon code

just for fun I modified a file in cinemavision to not use the these "dummy video" that could work with current isengard dsplayer

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bce943...vision.zip

it's untested, because even with the official Kodi and dvdplayer i'm not able to run cinemavision without issue, then next DSPlayer build will include the workaround that may solve the problem

Thanks for the attention to CinemaVision. It is a widely popular addon like Cinema Experience once was, so I thought it was worth bringing it to your attention. Many skins used to include Cinema Experience support by default.

I don't have any other add-ons in mind, so that is the end of my requests.
(2015-11-13, 22:35)Talguy Wrote: Alright guys, I got some questions mostly about Reclock, SVP and one about PVR.

Live TV protocols could include any of the following: daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr.

Video addons use http|https, so you might want to remove those two protocols. I don't think DSPlayer supports WMC as a backend, so you would have to use another backend or DVDPlayer.
aracnoz, this fork is enormously appreciated. Thanks for this and your continuing work.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
HI

It took awhile but I finally got ffdshow audio decoder to load in DSPlayer. In Kodi DSPlayer under Settings|Video|DSPlayer I set ffdshow as an external filter but it wouldn't load. I made sure that everything was 32bit and tested ffdshow audio successfully in MPC. I then only stumbled across this by chance when playing around with bitstreaming in DSPlayer. It seems that you need to enable bitstreaming in Video|DSPlayer|Audio Decoder for the streams you want ffdshow to handle. So if I want ffdshow to decode DTS and AC3 then I need to enable bitstreaming on DTS and AC3 which will mean that DSPlayer will load ffdshow for DTS and AC3 but not for other streams.

This kind of makes sense because I think that for those streams that have bitstreaming enabled DSPlayer won't use it's internal decoder and instead load the external filter (if applicable) and simply pass the encoded stream on.

Does this sound right? I mean is this how it is meant to work? or is this a bug or am I simply missing something?
Some quick questions...

1) XYSUBFILTER

I had to format and reinstall everything on my PC (because new CPU & Mobo) when I installed again Kodi with DSplayer I noticed that the function of madVR which recognize the black bars and move the subs there was not working anymore, then I recalled the post written by aracnoz saying that

"i will include the new internal xysubfilter with the next release in the while you can replace the dll with this one

https://github.com/aracnoz/xy-VSFilter/r...44_x86.zip

<your path>\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer\XySubFilter\XySubFilter.dll

@for everyone

if you are experiencing high gpu load while pause there will be a new madVR with a workaround to fix the issue"

So I downloaded the file and overwrote it and it worked again. But isn't the release 19 October 2015 (f273f06) already post this? Just to understand if then that file has been included or my install had some bug and if with next releases I'll have to overwrite it again.

2) NEW MADVR FUNCTIONS

In the latest madVR releases the setting for Finesharp doesn't exist anymore and new functions have been added but now they are not yet selectable in this DSPlayer version. What's the situation? Even if I cannot select them in DSplayer/Kodi they are working? Since they're not selectable they're not? And the Finesharp setting is it useless now?
(2015-11-15, 21:52)Knight77 Wrote: 2) NEW MADVR FUNCTIONS

In the latest madVR releases the setting for Finesharp doesn't exist anymore and new functions have been added but now they are not yet selectable in this DSPlayer version. What's the situation? Even if I cannot select them in DSplayer/Kodi they are working? Since they're not selectable they're not? And the Finesharp setting is it useless now?

DSPlayer needs updating, that's all I guess.

- Fine Sharp shows up as activated according to the DSPlayer menu in both enhancement and refinement for every profile, even though my profiles are loaded directly from madVR and none of the profiles should have Fine Sharp selected
- The values shown are 947606.3 or something, as is also the case with SuperRes's radius and sharpness controls. As far as I can tell, these are precisely the values that can no longer be configured manually in madVR
- So the question is: is this just a cosmetic issue in the DSPlayer menu or are the madVR settings actually screwed up somehow? I believe it must be just cosmetic (which is ok for the time being) because I load everything directly from madVR. So... I'll just ignore the DSPlayer menu for now and change everything via the madVR panel, right?
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47