• 146(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
I have to inform you about my exit from the project DSPlayer, there are no ways to continue without losing respect for myself, I'm maintaining the project by two years but in the last eight months I have been working on this almost 24h / 24h, my big mistake has been spend so much time on something that was not mine, anyway I just cannot find a valid reason for what's happening it's too strange for me

I would to thanks all of you that has supported me during this time I'm really proud of the final result, thx Warner306 for the tremendous support you have given to all users, thx also to the team kodi that gave me the opportunity to grow as developer studing their free code

madshi, I really don't have words to repay the time that you have dedicated to me and this project, I'd love to have a my own program in which to insert madVR but it is not so, my hope is that DSPlayer can continue to live without me

This is my last post, try to understand me, I have to get away totally because in my head it keep coming ideas on how to improve DSPlayer etc etc..., I have to detoxify my brain Smile

it was an honor

ciauz
Thank you aracnoz.
Thanks for the countless hours spent on this project. It hasn't gone unnoticed.
aracnoz, thank you so much for everything you did. It's a shame seeing you go. Especially with Jarvis behind the corner, but this is a selfish reason, I understand...

I think Team Kodi wasted a *nice* chance to get an extra Windows developer on board. But I'm not managing this team, so more power to them. For me this is a serious let down, not the first, but previous ones were far in the past.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-11-25, 15:21)fritsch Wrote: I just unsubscribed - I really wanted to understand how DSplayer can help kodi architecture and all users - but it seems there is no interest - as kodi does not matter at all - as long as the play button calls something else.
This is my last post on the subject as well, and I am available to continue in private messages if you'd so feel inclined. But, really, emphasis above is mine, how can you say something like that? Kodi DSPlayer *is* Kodi. If Kodi didn't matter we would all be down at doom9 or AVS forums, discussing other media centers or media players. A Kodi DSPlayer user uses the whole of Kodi *except* DVDPlayer. DSPlayer was and could be an alternative component inside Kodi, as there are many. Theoretically Video Player rewrite points in this direction but when aracnoz approached he was met in a most unkind and unwelcoming way. Why? I frankly don't know.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thank you aracnoz for your passionate work. Wish you all the best.
Ah s..t - sad day.

Such a disappointing outcome - thanks in spades to aracnoz for his unselfish devotion to this project, all the best in all your future endeavours.
@aracnoz

Such sad news mate. U made DSPlayer improve like no other, and got some cool guys into it too. Now it gets back to the shadows.
I understand how u feel. Thank u so much.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Kody DSplayer is the only solution I have found for my HTPC configuration : Dell Zino 410 HD, small AMD Phenom II X3 CPU, small HD 5450M + Video projector Epson + AVR with SPDIF.
I have recently upgraded this configuration to Win10, booting from SSD plugged on eSATA, and wanting to replace WMC + Mediabrower 2 + Mpc-hc + reclock, by a more simple and integrated Kodi.

In this configuration I found 2 strong limitations on Kodi standard DVDplayer + TSPlayer:
1) impossible with standard Kodi TSPlayer to get 5.1 sound from the TV service : even activating pass-through, AC3 capable receiver and activate "reencode Dolby", this settings don't work at all with eAC3 sources, as reported in this Team-Kodi thread :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1253783
2) impossible with standard Kodi DVDPlayer to synchronize the video source (23.976) to the screen frequency (PAL 50 Hz), AND output 5.1 audio through the SPDIF. I need this because, even when I put my video projector to 23.976 with "adapt screen frequency to video" the video is still a bit jerky in my config and I don't support this on my 2m base screen. It looks perfectly assumed by DVDplayers devs that bitstreaming option is incompatible with Video speed adaptation, and since there is no external Audio render option within DVDplayer (as far as I know) , no possibility to use Reclock to do this.

Yesterday, I tried Kodi DSplayer, and solved those 2 problems using Reclock as audio renderer, like I was doing with mpc-ch since a long time, and it works like a charm, both for the TV playing and the Video playing. The principle is to setup the Internal LAV filter of DSPlayer to decode into multichannel PCM, which is quite standard, and to configure Reclock properly to get the PCM from Wasapi, like explain on advanced MPC-HC +Reclock tutorials like this one : http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...st20886682 with the AC3 re-encode option activated. Do not forget to activate "Convert output to standard channels layout" in LAV Filter, which is doing some internal magic things. Without this, reclock seems receiving no sound from Lav Filter, and you get no sound.

Migrating to Linux, seems not an option, I have tried, but I still have some jerky video at 23.976, the non 5.1 audio for TV eAC3 and in addition, the BlueRay playback looks problematic.
It is problematic also to get support of commercial VOD application on Linux platform, unfortunately only browser based HTML5 apps could be supported, and generally without any Firefox support ...
That is why I stay on Windows, in despite Linux is a great platform.

It is just my own testimony, that DSPlayer is a great option for Kodi in this reality world..
Hello. I have problems to view DVB subtitles through MediaPortal and a m3u, udp://@ipaddress:0000 I have tried to add Lav Splitter Source instead of MediaPortal ts reader, but with Lav Splitter Source I experience often black screen when I start a stream Sad
He , @ fritsch
Bravo , you done it
Now we are all watching the old fashion DVD player's improvements
BRAVO
The IT Technology has to go ahead and not back

P.S Try first to release a stable Kodi 16 Version , and leave us to cry alltogether
You said yesterday for some screaming persons here
We are not screaming
We are all ROARING with you
(2015-11-25, 17:20)aracnoz Wrote: I have to inform you about my exit from the project DSPlayer, there are no ways to continue without losing respect for myself, I'm maintaining the project by two years but in the last eight months I have been working on this almost 24h / 24h, my big mistake has been spend so much time on something that was not mine, anyway I just cannot find a valid reason for what's happening it's too strange for me

I would to thanks all of you that has supported me during this time I'm really proud of the final result, thx Warner306 for the tremendous support you have given to all users, thx also to the team kodi that gave me the opportunity to grow as developer studing their free code

madshi, I really don't have words to repay the time that you have dedicated to me and this project, I'd love to have a my own program in which to insert madVR but it is not so, my hope is that DSPlayer can continue to live without me

This is my last post, try to understand me, I have to get away totally because in my head it keep coming ideas on how to improve DSPlayer etc etc..., I have to detoxify my brain Smile

it was an honor

ciauz

I have just read this ... what is going on Huh

Fritsch: Okay ... I just passed to Kodi due DSPlayer, I understand it is totally indifferent now. Do not understand what you're doing! Back and wait for http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t.../?p=270304
I think Ashlar hit the nail on the head. ~ "I think that aracnoz presented himself well, he worked well, he replied to questions and he was shot down with, in my opinion, bad manners."

aracnoz - Thanks for all your work, effort, heart, and above all great manners and attitude.
Totally understandable reaction by aracnoz. I had reacted in the same way, but earlier.

Thx for all ur work.
@aracnoz: too bad to hear that, I loved your work. Thanks for all your time and passion for this project!

@fritsch: thanks to the work of aracnoz, madshi and previous developers you can now showcase a great working high-end (!) solution for media playback based on kodi which could direct interest on kodi in general and lead many people here. This could have been something benefiting kodi, its developers and its community.
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47