• 147(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
6. SAMPLE SETTINGS PROFILES, PROFILE RULES & ADVANCED SETTINGS

It is important to know your graphics card when using madVR, as the program relies heavily on this hardware. Due to the large performance variability in graphics cards and the breadth of possible madVR configurations, it can be difficult to recommend settings for specific GPUs. However, I’ll attempt to provide a starting pointing for settings by using some examples with my personal hardware. The example below demonstrates the difference in madVR performance between an integrated graphics card and a dedicated gaming card.

I have a laptop with an Intel HD 3000 graphics processor and Sandy Bridge i7. I can run madVR with the following settings:
  • Chroma: Bicubic100 + AR
  • Image: Lanczos3 + AR
  • Image doubling: Off
  • Upscaling refinement: Off
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: Off
  • Image enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Ordered
I am upscaling primarily 24 fps content to 1080p24. Subjectively, the picture quality is superior to Kodi DXVA upscaling with less noise, noticeable color banding and improved color accuracy. DXVA upscaling with Intel processors uses something similar to Lanczos3 + AR already. This is probably why the picture seems similar: Lanczos produces a crisp, coarse scaling that is very identifiable.

Integrated graphics cards are best used with Artifact removal turned off and Dithering set to Ordered.

I also have an older HTPC with a Nvidia GTS 450 and Core 2 Duo CPU.

A dedicated gaming card allows the flexibility to use more demanding scaling algorithms, add sharpening, debanding and increase the quality of dithering. Settings assume all trade quality for performance checkboxes are unchecked save the one related to subtitles.

Given the flexibility a gaming card provides, I will offer three different scenarios based on common resizes:

Display: 1920 x 1080p

Resizes:
  • 1080p -> 1080p
  • 720p -> 1080p
  • SD -> 1080p
Scaling factor: Increase in vertical resolution or pixels per inch.

Profile: "1080p"

1080p -> 1080p
1920 x 1080 -> 1920 x 1080
Increase in pixels: 0
Scaling factor: 0

At 1080p, image upscaling is unnecessary. Instead, the settings to be concerned with are Chroma upscaling, which is applied to all videos, Image enhancements — the lone form of image sharpening available for native content and Dithering. Debanding is also useful for 8-bit sources, which often display some form of banding even when the source is uncompressed.
  • Chroma: super-xbr100 + AR
  • Image: Jinc3 + AR
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: Medium/High
  • Image enhancements: crispen edges (0.6)
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2
Profile: "720p"

720p -> 1080p
1280 x 720 -> 1920 x 1080
Increase in pixels: 2.25x
Scaling factor: 1.5x

At 720p, image upscaling is introduced. Upscaling the luma channel is most important in resolving image detail. As such, settings for Image upscaling followed with Upscaling refinement are most important for upscaled sources.

When resizing, any added sharpening should be applied from Upscaling refinement. This due to the fact sharpening is applied to the post-resized as opposed to the pre-resized image. The result is more natural with less likelihood of oversharpening.

SuperRes is my preferred post-resize sharpener, which is added at a low level to enhance perceived detail. I also like crispen edges; just turning it on to counter the soft edges left by SuperRes.
  • Upscaling refinement: crispen edges (0.1), SuperRes (1)
If your GPU is capable, overscaling the image with Image doubling and downscaling may yield greater results.

Profile: "SD"

SD -> 1080p
640 x 480 -> 1920 x 1080
Increase in pixels: 6.75x
Scaling factor: 2.25x

By the time SD content is reached, the scaling factor starts to become quite large (2.25x). Here, the image becomes soft due to the errors introduced by upscaling. Countering this soft appearance is possible by introducing more sophisticated image upscaling provided by madVR's Image doubling. Image doubling does just that – it takes the full resolution luma and chroma information and scales it by factors of two to reach the desired resolution (2x for a double and 4x for a quadruple). If larger than needed, the result is interpolated down to the target.

Doubling a 720p source to 1080p involves overscaling by 0.5x and downscaling back to the target resolution. Improvements in image quality may go unnoticed in this case. However, image doubling applied to larger resizes of 480p to 1080p or 1080p to 2160p will, in most cases, result in the highest-quality image.

Given its importance, other settings may have to be reduced to accommodate Image doubling. Outside of this change, other settings resemble those for 720p sources.

SD content can still appear soft after image doubling. SuperRes is applied from Upscaling refinement to sharpen things further. Lastly, I use crispen edges to counter the soft edges and bloat left by SuperRes.

SD Image doubling:
  • Double Luma: 2x or greater - super-xbr100
  • Double Chroma: 2x or greater - super-xbr100
  • Upscaling refinement: crispen edges (1.0), SuperRes (3)
Replacing super-xbr with Jinc is an alternative. When combined with high SuperRes values, super-xbr can produce an image that is quite sharp. Jinc is softer but also produces less ringing. This will lead to an image that some may find is more natural in contrast to the stark sharpness of super-xbr. If your card can tolerate NNEDI3 Image doubling, by all means use it.

SD Regular upscaling:
Creating madVR Profiles

The above profiles are translated into madVR profile rules.

Add this code to each profile group (as pictured):

if (srcWidth > 1280) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and (srcHeight > 720) "1080p"

else if (srcWidth > 960) and (srcWidth <= 1280) "720p"
else if (srcWidth <= 960) and ((srcHeight > 540) and (srcHeight <= 720)) "720p"

else if (srcWidth <= 960) and (srcHeight <= 540) "SD"

deintFps (the source frame rate after deinterlacing) is another factor on top of the source resolution that greatly impacts the load placed on madVR. Doubling the frame rate, for example, doubles the load placed on madVR. Profile rules such as (deintFps <= 24) and (deintFps > 24) may be combined with srcWidth and srcHeight to create additional profiles.

A more "fleshed-out" set of profiles incorporating the source frame rate might look like this:
  • "1080p24"
  • "1080p60"
  • "720p24"
  • "720p60"
  • "SD24"
  • "SD60"
Disabling Image upscaling for Cropped 1080p Videos:

You may encounter some 1080p videos cropped just short of their original size (e.g. width = 1916). Those few missing pixels will put an abnormal strain on madVR as it tries to resize to the original display resolution. zoom control in the madVR control panel contains a setting to disable image upscaling if the video falls within a certain range (e.g. 10 lines or less). Disabling scaling adds a few black pixels to the video and prevents the image upscaling algorithm from resizing the image. This may prevent cropped videos from pushing madVR over the rendering queue.

madVR Profile Rules:
Link: How to Configure madVR Profile Rules

Let's repeat this process, this time assuming the display resolution is 3840 x 2160p (4K UHD). Two graphics cards will be used for reference. A Medium-level card such as the GTX 960, and a High-level card similar to a GTX 980. Again, the source frame rate is assumed to be 24 fps.

Display: 3840 x 2160p

Resizes:
  • 2160p -> 2160p
  • 1080p -> 2160p
  • 720p -> 2160p
  • SD -> 2160p
Scaling factor: Increase in vertical resolution or pixels per inch.

Profile: "2160p"

2160p -> 2160p
3840 x 2160 -> 3840 x 2160
Increase in pixels: 0
Scaling factor: 0

This profile is identical in appearance to that for a 1080p display. Without image upscaling, the focus is on settings for Chroma upscaling, Image enhancements, Debanding and Dithering.

Medium:
High:
  • Chroma: NNEDI3 128 neurons
Profile: "1080p"

1080p -> 2160p
1920 x 1080 -> 3840 x 2160
Increase in pixels: 4x
Scaling factor: 2x

At an even 2x resize, Image doubling is an ideal match for HD content upscaled to UHD. For this purpose, I've picked NNEDI3 and super-xbr as the image upscalers. NNEDI3 is very resource-hungry, but its sharp, artifact-free scaling remains the gold standard of madVR image scaling. super-xbr is a more reasonable choice for mid-range cards.

To reduce the load created by NNEDI3, only Luma doubling is used. Chroma doubling is unnecessary, anyways, and the bulk of the improvement in image quality will come from the luma channel. Other settings, especially Dithering and Chroma upscaling should be downgraded to accommodate Image doubling if resources are strained.

Medium:
High:
  • Chroma: NNEDI3 32 neurons
  • Double Luma: 2x or greater - NNEDI3 32 to 256 neurons
  • Double Chroma: Off
Profile: "720p"

720p -> 2160p
1280 x 720 -> 3840 x 2160
Increase in pixels: 9x
Scaling factor: 3x

At a 3x scaling factor, Image quadrupling becomes possible. The image is upscaled 4x and downscaled by 1x (reduced 25%) to match the output resolution. This is the lone change from Profile 1080p.

Image quadrupling may not be a realistic setting for many graphics cards, especially when scaled via NNEDI3. In either case, some form of Image doubling remains desirable given the large scaling factor.

Medium:
High:
  • Quadruple Luma: 3x or greater - NNEDI3 32 to 256 neurons
  • Quadruple Chroma: Off
  • Downscaling: SSIM + AR + LL
Profile: "SD"

SD -> 2160p
640 x 480 -> 3840 x 2160
Increase in pixels: 27x
Scaling factor: 4.5x

The final resize, SD to 2160p, is a monster (4.5x!). This is perhaps the only scenario where Image quadrupling is not only useful but necessary to maintain the integrity of the original image. The image is upscaled 4x by Image doubling and the remaining 0.5x by the Image upscaling algorithm. Again, if pushed for resources, other settings should be accommodated around Image doubling, particularly Dithering and Chroma upscaling.

Medium:
  • Quadruple Luma: 3x or greater - super-xbr100
  • Quadruple Chroma: 3x or greater - super-xbr100
High:
  • Quadruple Luma: 3x or greater - NNEDI3 32 to 256 neurons
  • Quadruple Chroma: Off
Creating madVR Profiles

These profiles can be translated into madVR profile rules.

Add this code to each profile group:

if (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080) "2160p"

else if (srcWidth > 1280) and (srcWidth <= 1920) "1080p"
else if (srcWidth <= 1280) and ((srcHeight > 720) and (srcHeight <= 1080)) "1080p"

else if (srcWidth > 960) and (srcWidth <= 1280) "720p"
else if (srcWidth <= 960) and ((srcHeight > 540) and (srcHeight <= 720)) "720p"

else if (srcWidth <= 960) and (srcHeight <= 540) "SD"

madVR Image Settings Hierarchy

Beyond the above profiles, I will offer some general settings advice...

Each settings category in madVR has a minimum and maximum value, where each setting offers the possibility of higher performance at the expense of greater resources use. However, the maximum value of each category can have a dramatically different impact in improving overall image fidelity. For example, the highest level of dithering will produce a very small improvement in image quality compared to the highest level of image upscaling.

Because most settings profiles involve a compromise: where one setting must be turned down so another can be turned up. It is important to understand which settings are important and which are luxuries only to be used when extra processing resources are available.

General Rules and Caveats:
  • The human eye has difficulty detecting changes to the chroma layer compared to the black and white luma. This is why chroma subsampling is so widely-used. As such, it can be difficult to see the difference in chroma upscaling settings beyond Catmull-Rom without good eyes and appropriate test patterns.
  • Detecting the difference in dither patterns between Ordered Dithering and Error Diffusion with real-world content can be equally as challenging, especially with output bit depths of 8 bits or greater.
  • Image enhancements and upscaling refinement are forms of image enhancement — but only when applied to high-quality sources. Enhancing artifacts in low-quality sources may end up making them appear worse.
  • Debanding will benefit low-quality sources the most, where these artifacts are most present.
Video Rendering is Divided into Three Cases:
  • Image Doubling is used as the primary means to resize the image;
  • Regular Upscaling is used to resize the image;
  • Native Sources are involved, where the image is shown at its native resolution.
Settings Hierarchy: Rank order of each setting based on its relative impact in improving picture quality.

Tips for the Use of Image enhancements & Upscaling refinement

The use of any post-process image sharpening can be a matter of preference. It can be a great way to increase the perceived detail of a soft encode or replace some of the sharpness lost by upscaling. In madVR, sharpening is applied from either image enhancements or upscaling refinement. The drawbacks of image sharpening include possible oversharpening and the enhancement or addition of aliasing and ringing. For best practice, image sharpening should be applied under the following conditions:
  • Sharpening should only be applied once during image upscaling — at the beginning or at the end, not at the beginning and end.
  • Sharpening is most natural when applied to the post-resized image from upscaling refinement.
  • Content already resized will benefit from image enhancements.
  • Sharpening should only be applied to high-quality sources — or, garbage in, garbage out.
  • A little sharpening is better than a lot of sharpening.
  • The amount of sharpening a source can handle increases with the amount of upscaling applied.
madVR Rendering Path

The chart below is a summary of the rendering process. The image is taken directly from this thread.

(2015-11-25, 17:20)aracnoz Wrote: I have to inform you about my exit from the project DSPlayer, there are no ways to continue without losing respect for myself, I'm maintaining the project by two years but in the last eight months I have been working on this almost 24h / 24h, my big mistake has been spend so much time on something that was not mine, anyway I just cannot find a valid reason for what's happening it's too strange for me

I would to thanks all of you that has supported me during this time I'm really proud of the final result, thx Warner306 for the tremendous support you have given to all users, thx also to the team kodi that gave me the opportunity to grow as developer studing their free code

madshi, I really don't have words to repay the time that you have dedicated to me and this project, I'd love to have a my own program in which to insert madVR but it is not so, my hope is that DSPlayer can continue to live without me

This is my last post, try to understand me, I have to get away totally because in my head it keep coming ideas on how to improve DSPlayer etc etc..., I have to detoxify my brain Smile

it was an honor

ciauz

Wow, I am crushed! Quitting a hobby because they took the playing field away is hard to accept. I think your talent as a developer is more than obvious. And, as I've said, I hope they are paying you well in your full-time job. I was genuinely impressed and appreciated everything you did.

I really wish you hadn't taken the rejection of DSPlayer so personal. It doesn't have to be perfect and it will always have a group of active followers. Is it even possible to find someone to replace you?

Sad day for me and other DSPlayer users. I had contemplated the possibility of using multiple media front-ends to replace DSPlayer and that day has come.

Death to a legend...
I made note of aracnoz's departure on the first page of the set-up guide. The guide will remain in place, of course, as long as existing DSPlayer builds are available for download.

I wish aracnoz would reconsider. These forums can seem so impersonal. Everyone here appreciated his presence. We all know this is a one-man show.

Future madVR features not compatible with DSPlayer will be documented in the MPC-HC guide posted in the same section for those interested.

It is not far-fetched for me to produce a similar set-up guide for Emby Theater when it reaches Beta status. I plan to balance Kodi and some other player to take the place of DSPlayer. Harmony remotes make this possible, and I already use Emby Server. But that is more than disappointing...a total waste, really. It is like the death of plasma television.

aracnoz deserved much more respect. Others have tried to balance madVR and DSPlayer in the past, and aracnoz was the only one who could pull it off. His time and effort should be worth more than it was. The code graveyard is a quiet place.

I hope there is a lesson for Team Kodi on how it communicates with new developers. The cold shoulder was felt by me and obviously offended aracnoz. Treat everyone with respect. They all adore Kodi and put a lot of work into supporting it. Many people in this forum would write player code if they could, but only a few like aracnoz can.
Hmmm... The DSPlayer build is the only reason I actualy used Kodi. Since I'm sure most people here feel the same way, I'll see what others are doing as an acceptable alternate solution.

Personally, I lost complete interest in Emby after they decided to use their new web browser interface for ALL their platforms; even, their mobile clients that can't display Emby's web UI very well.
Wow, such a bummer. Thanks aracnoz for all your hard work! DSPlayer and MadVR provided the best xbmc/Kodi experience to date. It was the perfect marriage. Until somebody picks up the DSPlayer mantle, this is a blow to Kodi. External players just aren't the same.

With Kodi, my original intention was to use a Linux front end, to match my back end, but MadVR makes Windows indispensable. Replicating the MadVR experience in Linux is a chore, to say the least. Without the integrated DSPlayer, Kodi feels substantially more lackluster. Alternatives now seem more viable...

Thanks again aracnoz, your presence will surely be missed!
Quote from the Current State and Vision thread: Post: #28. I thought it might be a better idea to post here...

aracnoz Wrote:
"I have to admit that all that I have done until now with DSPlayer had a huge price to make it possible, sometime I also thought "how can I continue to do my real work, live and develop the DSPlayer part?"

I wonder if there's enough people who use Kodi DSPlayer to generate enough funds\donations to help pay for the "huge price" weighing on aracnoz's shoulders? It doesn't seem fair aracnoz sacrifices all his free time and hard work; while, everyone else sits cozy at home watching dsplayer-powered Kodi TV\Movies\Streaming videos (only coming here to download and update their DSPlayer Kodi builds or complain about new issues or feature requests). Plus, I dont think it helps some other official Kodi developers appear to be treating him like a second-class citizen (instead of a Hero).

Surely enough people who "depend" on Kodi DSPlayer to help organize a successful funding project. I'm certainly one of those people. I'm sure people who can afford PCs with enough horsepower to run madvr effectively can also afford to help keep this project going... and give credit where credit is due.

(2015-11-18, 23:58)aracnoz Wrote: I can speak only for me because I'm not the original DSPlayer developer...

but I think there are different interpretations

I have never seen my work with DSPlayer so far from the official version, each step that i made to reproduce the original Kodi experience with a player based on direct show filters or each time that i preferred to make my work more difficult to not introduce changes in the original Kodi code, the days, weeks and months that i past by developing, i made this for Kodi and not against Kodi

I do not think that my role in kodi should be seen differently from the skin's developers, My only fault is that my work is not applicable to all platforms

in the past i tried to help but no one has never considered what i was saying so i preferred to not insist by presenting some pull request
e.g here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223530 i think that this bug it's always there, i also made a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWmP3KHTwA
now are past some months... but if I remember I was thinking to something like that https://github.com/aracnoz/xbmc/commit/3...e07d8b348c

I also opened a thread with some suggestions even with the final purpose to open a dialog between us

then I have to admit that all that I have done until now with DSPlayer had a huge price to make it possible, sometime I also thought "how can I continue to do my real work, live and develop the DSPlayer part?" Smile,
so it's possible that my contribution in other things might not be so big as I would like

yeah, madshi it's really a special guy, and i'm sure that each of you has more experiences, skills and kodi's knowledge to do this job better then me, I really do not know where to start

i only know what i've done, so include a direct show player in the current kodi master branch without touch or enter in conflicts with the original functionalities

I'm not a saint but I do not think I should apologize for what I did

anyway, I can understand your points but honestly I only see the alot of "no" "never" "it's useless and without advantages"

so maybe it's not this time Smile
You can't pay him. The price he talks about is time. He is an open-source developer. I don't think financing would help bring aracnoz back.

But a fair notion...just probably not realistic.
I'm sure some ppl here donated to him, feeling completaly grateful for the direction things was going to. But as Warner said, that's not what have broken this, perhaps not even time taking over his life. I guess it's more the weird feeling all this recent discussions with devs that have, somewhat, broken his heart, so to speak. If u work hard and u think there's a possibility to put this part of software in the mainline, that all ur passion is for a real hope, and suddenly they tell u "no, it won't ever happen no matter how hard or how long u worked", I guess that makes u feel like....so...what am i doing and why?

I'm not saying i didn't read the devs, they have their reasons,but then, i read aracnoz,madshi, and the rest of us, and we have our good reasons too.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hi guys, just wanted to let you guys know that i have been testing kodi dsplayer along with svp manager and i can safely say that it worked flawlessly with those configurations:

720p - Intel Celeron N3150 - Intel HD GFX 12 EU - 8GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro

1080p and 2K Via Virtual Super Resolution - Amd Apu 7870K - Windows 10 Pro - 8GB Ram

1080p - Intel Skylake i3 6320 and Pentium 4500 - Intel HD 530 - 8GB and 4GB Ram DDR4 - Windows 10 Pro

1080p - i7 5557U - Iris Graphics 6100 - 8Gb Ram - Windows 10 Pro

1080p - Intel Core M 5Y10C - 4GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro

1080p - i5 4570R - Iris Pro 5200 - 4GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro

1080p Intel Skylake i3 6320 - Nvidia GTX 950 - 8GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro

Madvr Conf for Celeron Chroma Upscaling: Bilinear - Image Upscaling: DXVA2 - Image Downscaling: DXVA2 - Lav Conf: DXVA Native

All other Conf are set on Jinc, Jinc and Lanczos 3 Taps with AR Filter and the one with the GTX Even have Smooth Motion Always Enable

I sell computer here in Quebec Canada and this version of Kodi is my no 1 recommendation to all my customer for the best and most complete multimedia experience on windows.
Thanks for all your hard work aracnoz. You're an amazing dev, prompt to answer the user fix requests and enhancement requests (more than once I asked you something new - like external subtitles auto selection by preferred language - and you added it the day after).

You will be missed. I'll keep using DSPlayer as long as it usable (don't really care about main Kodi updates actually).

If (or when) madVR becomes incompatible with DSPlayer I'll move to something else.

Thanks again for all you did mate!
shocking news! SadSadSad
thanks aracnoz for your precious time & all the best.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
(2015-11-25, 15:09)fritsch Wrote: I am interested in getting work done that profits most in a very compact time interval. As pointed out: 1 Windows dev and the rest of our 10 active devs all have a normal life - so powers need to be combined. If we were a company we could just drop every platform that has less than 20% users as an alternative?

It could have possibly have been 2 Windows devs had the Kodi team shown a bit better form and bothered to respond to his PMs and questions.

The reception he got from members of Team Kodi in the "current state and vision" thread was very poor since aracnoz was asking how he could change DSPlayer to better fit with this future vision. What he got appears to have received contradictory messages "DSPlayer's sources will certainly never hit our main repository." and then further comments complaing he hasn't contributed any code.

What did Team Kodi want him to do? Contribute code that would be rejected anyway?

He was there to get some advice how he could move DSPlayer forward so that it would conform with Kodi's strategic direction. Had there been a bit of a friendlier reception that could have developed into some collaboration where he may have contributed code on the Kodi side to help with that vision.

Personally I think it is Kodi's loss. Also seems understanding of DSPlayer and MadVR are not that great as I was using MadVR with an Sandy Bridge i3 and iGPU. It provides more than just the hardware intensive algorithms especially with the new zoom functionality.
It can be multiple windows devs every day ... but infrastructure cleanup and fixing everyday's bugs is not as nice a cherry-picking and providing new features for a small percentage of users while letting the architecture and given implementations decay - that's already known ...

You have absolutely and 100% no clue when you are talking about source code ... merging thousands line of codes - not documented - not reviewed - and now (without a single other person - that can pick it up) - long year users of this code whine: It is dead now, nobody can maintain it anymore - so? Kodi would have ended with an unmaintainable huge chunk of code ... and you (!) would be the first person writing me an email with: feature x,y is broken - I think team kodi should fix that asap ...

As your post really makes me angry: It is sad that the top contributor of dsplayer left - but he left cause it took far too much of his time - nobody seemed to have helped him to a degree that he could have managed it. And now - my dear user - step up, learn c++ coding and make sure the next time - that you help as much as you can that your favorite software will be maintained and is still working next year and the year after next year.

There are thousands of windows bugs on our trac, low hanging fruits perhaps easy to fix .... but nobody does that ... the whole world is always talking about feature, feature, feature, feature ... without someone that can maintain those features over time - in a team - you will loose everything the very moment the key contributor leaves ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,

Indeed a sad and dark day for the entire followers and believers of DS Player !! It had a phenomenal potential to take Kodi places (which the officials idiots never bothered to understand).

Kodi team has been nothing but hostile towards any idea's other then their own,And the language used is less then that of a uneducated village brute,Shooting down every idea other then their own,stepping on people who dare to think differently from them !

Am just appalled and saddened by the exit of the only Flag bearer of the superb high quality player (THE ONLY REASON FOR ME TO STICK WITH KODI).

Enough has been said about the Team Kodi's behavior that it requires nothing new to be added (or even if we exhaust entire English dictionary describing them its not going to matter anyways,As one we lost our Savior and two Team Kodi cares two hoots about us or anything/anyone related to DS Player).

There's a saying "Don't cut your nose in anger as it will never grow back",Seems this holds true for TEAM KODI,for they have done the same,instead of asking Aracnoz to join the Windows team and help him in turn help Kodi grow,they just...........

On more personal front,I sincerely thank Aracnoz for all his efforts and his relentlessness endeavors to keep DSPlayer as close to Kodi as possible.

Although Am not sure whether this would in anyway change things,But I personally request Aracnoz to reconsider and return to the development,We the user will support in whatever way we can and contribute in whatever way we can to take things forward.

Please do not be disheartened by few people's ignorance,The Entire DS Player community is behind you and will back you !! Just take some time off if you must and cool off,But please do come back.

Not feeling like writing anything else.............

Regards.
MOBO :AMD A68i-350
RAM:6GB DDR3
CPU : 1.6GHZ DUAL CORE
GPU : HD6310 (512MB Shared Memory)
(2015-11-25, 15:21)fritsch Wrote: Okay.

I just unsubscribed - I really wanted to understand how DSplayer can help kodi architecture and all users - but it seems there is no interest - as kodi does not matter at all - as long as the play button calls something else.
Unfortunately I think you missed the point. There are a number of solutions that would fit your statement (with and without Kodi). If people were satisfy with what you say there would not be any demand for DSPlayer as you could just use MPC or similar as an external player.

What is sought is a seamless Kodi experience that includes the feature set that DSPlayer (and MadVR) provides.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47