Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-11-27, 08:58)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-11-27, 03:23)ashlar Wrote: At the risk of being repetitive, aracnoz had clearly expressed his willingness to take the binary addon route. Instead I keep on reading about "merging with Kodi". Go figure...

I never refused to work with whoever asked for that. I just said that the currect state of dsplayer from an architectural point of view is a big mess and there is no way integrating this in that state. This is the facts. Nothing offensive nor personal in my words. I am sorry, I can not hold the hand of any developer who has an issue with communication. I don't understand why he did not introduce himself to the team and elaborated on his project like other do. I am sorry but I won't start crying. Kodi will continue.
I'm sorry but reading about aracnoz having an issue with communication is appalling. You directly quoted him when he said that *if* Kodi would allow binary videoplayers addons in the future he will look into it, just to tell him "I haven't seen you contributing a single line of code to our code base." And so what? He was doing something else. He was working on a fork. What relation needed to be stressed between that and the fact that he was interested in the videoplayers addons strategy you defined as "the right strategy" two posts before?

He has a communication problem and yet it's you that found something so nice to say about him like "Sorry about this. On the other hand I did't even know that he existed 2 weeks ago."
Clearly that's the way to go for somebody without a communication problem.

And then there's the whole fact of you not knowing anything about DSPlayer, which is a development allowing the use of the most advanced video renderer available in Kodi. Another dev checking in just to state that "it might be just the best Windows Kodi fork ever", emphasis his. This in a thread devoted to discussing video playback development is... I don't know... would it have been right to claim "the best Kodi fork ever for video reproduction quality"? Would that have been ok?

All this doesn't matter a lot, I can live with Kodi without DSPlayer, what really upsets me is the bad manners displayed and the gall of claiming that others have communication problems.

@melhemk, aracnoz was just trying to understand how to better approach. He's developing a fork, he was, he asks how to better fit in this new Video Player development. He pretty much does *not* get a single constructive answer. And that was a devs only thread, where else should he have asked? Did you read him anywhere claiming "this has to happen now or I'll leave"?

He very clearly wrote: "when i saw this thread the first time I thought that the final goal was the possibility to have differents videoplayer as binary addons. If one day Kodi will reach this result i will ready to move DSPlayer in that direction".

He wasn't even the first introducing the DSPlayer discussion in that thread. That was madshi. Who wrote "Could this be a good opportunity to maybe join efforts with the DSPlayer dev(s)?"
And then everything rapidly fell apart. With one dev stating that you need to install "third party LAV filters packages", which is false and aracnoz just pointed that out. Does MPC-HC need to install third party LAV filters packages? No. Does it use LAV filters? It does.

There's no hate for Team Kodi on my part, there's just a big let down in seeing how a nice guy that was willing to work with them was shot down for no logical reason. Apart, maybe, for a general dislike for the Windows platform, that I'm sorry to say now and then keeps resurfacing.
I put my money where my mouth is in the past, as far as love for the Kodi platform is concerned. But here we are talking about specific actions and reactions, not the overall project.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Messages In This Thread
Lockup on STOP issue resolved! - by MKANET - 2015-04-11, 21:59
RE: 4G aware patch - by MagikMark - 2015-09-08, 03:27
Alt-F4 no longer quits - by JeffA - 2015-10-31, 20:38
RE: Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows - by ashlar - 2015-11-27, 12:22
H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-04, 00:41
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-04, 16:21
RE: H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-05, 01:34
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-05, 16:48
RE: H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-05, 23:08
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-06, 12:00
Leia 18 - by terpsarlington - 2017-11-21, 03:51
RE: Leia 18 - by spencerjford - 2017-11-21, 06:24
Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by goofer69 - 2019-09-20, 00:19
RE: Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by ashlar - 2019-09-20, 00:39
RE: Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by ashlar - 2019-09-20, 19:35
DSPlayer 23.810 to 23.976 - by Runakanta - 2018-05-09, 03:24