Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
I don't really like the negative energy in the last couple of pages in this thread. I'm sad that aracnoz is gone, and I think everybody now has posted his opinion and feelings about the matter, so please let's move on.

Fact is that there's only one Windows dev atm. It's no use complaining about the lack of Windows devs. Open source devs work on what they're interested in. And if there are no more devs interested in Windows development, then there's not much that can be done about it, except users stepping up and filling the gap.

For now we have a working dsplayer version, and with a bit of luck it might be compilable for a while with newer Kodi builds. *Maybe* in the future there could be a binary interface for the video player and/or video renderer, which may then be an opportunity to revisit dsplayer, madVR etc. Continuing to bashing the Kodi devs now will do more harm than good. Maybe not everybody is happy with the devs' chosen priorities, but it's still *much* better having them work on something than not working on Kodi at all. So I for one am happy that there are several Kodi devs and that they spend lots of their free time on it without any payment.

Ok, I'm outta here for now.

Messages In This Thread
Lockup on STOP issue resolved! - by MKANET - 2015-04-11, 21:59
RE: 4G aware patch - by MagikMark - 2015-09-08, 03:27
Alt-F4 no longer quits - by JeffA - 2015-10-31, 20:38
RE: Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows - by madshi - 2015-11-29, 23:15