• 168(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hi. Warner306
I have not updated the situation of 'EDID for lack of time ...

as you can see from this screenschot, with settings for audio devices, disabled and / or NOT connected, I have NOT lost HDMI Audio and refresh rate displayTV mirrors that of native content reproduced.

I have NO idea why with audio devices and settings disabled and / or NOT connected functions this situation ... Huh

I take this opportunity to wish a Merry Christmas to all.
Anyone else get jerky playback when using DX11 mode?

Works fine with D3D9.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2015-12-23, 23:34)danjames92 Wrote: Anyone else get jerky playback when using DX11 mode?

Works fine with D3D9.

Then use D3D9. DX11 mode in madvr works for new hardware while DX9 is more compatible. There is no major advantages of DX11 mode over DX9 unless you have certain set of TVs that can display 10 bit output. But with 99% current media source is in 8 bit you won't find any noticable differences.
This is something I really cannot understand and hope to get help: I noticed that in Kodi every movie/video start with like 30 dropped frames (then the number doesnt rise) while just using mphc+Madvr I have zero dropped frames with exactly the same config. So I tried to change the setting and use "Load from madVR active profile" and then "never" thinking that a more direct use of Madvr would help...but no. If I play the videos in mphc+Madvr I got zero dropped frames, if I use Kodi and this version of DSPlayer I always get 29/30 dropped frames in the beginning.....

Any suggestions?
(2015-12-26, 18:21)Knight77 Wrote: This is something I really cannot understand and hope to get help: I noticed that in Kodi every movie/video start with like 30 dropped frames (then the number doesnt rise) while just using mphc+Madvr I have zero dropped frames with exactly the same config. So I tried to change the setting and use "Load from madVR active profile" and then "never" thinking that a more direct use of Madvr would help...but no. If I play the videos in mphc+Madvr I got zero dropped frames, if I use Kodi and this version of DSPlayer I always get 29/30 dropped frames in the beginning.....

Any suggestions?

Are you changing refresh rates? This normally happens to me if that is the case. Try adding a greater pause between refresh changes. Also, going fullscreen could be the cause. This would explain why MPC has no problem.
I'll try to add more time during the rest/refresh switch but with MPC I don't have this problem and both are using fullscreen exclusive mode (did you mean that? Or Kodi? Kodi is using fullscreen window)
Double post
The Kodi GUI can cause madVR to stutter if your settings are approaching the limit of your graphics card. The present queue is reduced to 1-2 / 8 to reduce the chance of GUI lag. This queue will recover when the GUI is closed. But this can take some time if your madVR settings are very aggressive.

Try reducing your madVR settings and see if the dropped frames remain.

The switch to fullscreen can cause a few dropped frames, but this should only account for a couple of frames, not several.
(2015-12-27, 00:57)Warner306 Wrote: The Kodi GUI can cause madVR to stutter if your settings are approaching the limit of your graphics card. The present queue is reduced to 1-2 / 8 to reduce the chance of GUI lag. This queue will recover when the GUI is closed. But this can take some time if your madVR settings are very aggressive.

The switch to fullscreen can cause a few dropped frames, but this should only account for a couple of frames, not several.

Warner306 thanks for the input but I've got a gtx960 and there settings are quite in line with it, with MPC or even Kodi I've got a use of 20% of the video card so its not about that, indeed the movies are fine and smooth and the 30 frames are just dropped when the movie starts (in Kodi I mean).
(2015-12-27, 01:03)Knight77 Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 00:57)Warner306 Wrote: The Kodi GUI can cause madVR to stutter if your settings are approaching the limit of your graphics card. The present queue is reduced to 1-2 / 8 to reduce the chance of GUI lag. This queue will recover when the GUI is closed. But this can take some time if your madVR settings are very aggressive.

Warner306 thanks for the input but I've got a gtx960 and there settings are quite in line with it, with MPC or even Kodi I've got a use of 20% of the video card so its not about that, indeed the movies are fine and smooth and the 30 frames are just dropped when the movie starts (in Kodi I mean).

It's likely the refresh rate change or, for some reason, the present queue is taking some time to fill at playback start.

Try changing the software that handles the refresh change: madVR or Kodi.
When using 10m or 30s skip steps in kodi dsplayer 15.2, many times this results in a hangup of kodi, forcing me to restart kodi. Is this still a bug in kodi 15.2?
(2015-12-27, 10:38)tingtong5 Wrote: When using 10m or 30s skip steps in kodi dsplayer 15.2, many times this results in a hangup of kodi, forcing me to restart kodi. Is this still a bug in kodi 15.2?

Probably. DSPlayer development moved on to Jarvis. You would have try Jarvis.
Is it correct than when updating dsplayer kodi from 15.2 to the latest there's a increase in fps or is it only when updating madvr also? Since I get frame drops when updating both.
(2015-12-27, 22:16)Bjur Wrote: Is it correct than when updating dsplayer kodi from 15.2 to the latest there's a increase in fps or is it only when updating madvr also? Since I get frame drops when updating both.

Something must be wrong. Something must have changed in your madVR settings. Are you loading your settings from the madVR control panel? Is your GPU overclocked? Maybe your overclocking software has stopped working and needs to be reset. Jarvis added new madVR features, so you would need to recalibrate madVR.
I reverted back but I use settings from madvr control panel. But it would be okay just to update to Jarvis and use my current madvr version and would not notice any increase?
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47