• 185(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Played again today with DSPlayer an low and behold its working a treat, only thing thats strange i have to sometimes goto windows mode when i stop playing for it to refresh the screen but no biggie, i was going to post the debug but its massive and when i tried to replicate its not doing it low and behold, great idea tho im impressed.
(2016-02-07, 13:15)tingtong5 Wrote: I recently upgraded from kodi dplayer 15 to kodi dsplayer 16 (I tried as well beta1 als latest unofficial build from Wanilton). I am using kodi dsplayer together with SVP4 pro and the software it installs (madvr, reclock, lav filters, etc..).

I had stuttering video and found out that it was GPU (nvidia geforce GTX750) that was running at high cpu and clipping to 100%, causing the stuttering video. When setting hardware decoding back to "none" instead of "nvidia cuvid" in settings -> dsplayer -> videodecoder the issue was solved. I ONLY upgraded kodi, all the other software was not updated, so it seems to be the new kodi installation that causes this higher GPU load.

Why is kodi 16 using GPU more heavily then kodi 15? Any explanation/solution for this, other then disabling hardware decoding?

CUVID is considered broken. The recommendation is to use DXVA2 Copy-Back on all cards.
Hi all
Thanks for update to Jarvis - Took the jump and updated today
Also updated Amd drivers to Crimson
Now getting Madvr crash on playback start
(Latest version of Madvr)
Have posted some logs to madshi

Updated to 16.12 hot fix Crimson - same issue

Update:
Tracked down was NNEDI - disabled and crash goes away. Reenabled and crash back.
Running MadVR 090.6

Thanks
(2016-02-08, 03:27)Warner306 Wrote: CUVID is considered broken. The recommendation is to use DXVA2 Copy-Back on all cards.
A ok... Broken as in broken in current kodi 16 release or as in always?

I'll try DXVA2 copy-back, thanks!
I just tried and it did not make any difference. I guess I will wait for Kodi 16 final release to see if its fixed then.
As someone said to me nothing gets fixed unless you post debug logs so the devs can see the problems, just my 2p worth.
(2016-02-08, 12:04)Derek Wrote: As someone said to me nothing gets fixed unless you post debug logs so the devs can see the problems, just my 2p worth.

You are of course right! I'll do that! :-)
change your madVR setting if you are getting close to 100 % GPU usage.
(2016-02-08, 14:00)tingtong5 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 12:04)Derek Wrote: As someone said to me nothing gets fixed unless you post debug logs so the devs can see the problems, just my 2p worth.

Yeah wise words which is why there quoted from someone else Smile
(2016-02-08, 08:16)tingtong5 Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 03:27)Warner306 Wrote: CUVID is considered broken. The recommendation is to use DXVA2 Copy-Back on all cards.
A ok... Broken as in broken in current kodi 16 release or as in always?

I'll try DXVA2 copy-back, thanks!
Broken as in nevcariel explicitly telling people not to use it anymore.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Is DXVA2 not superior anyway?
(2016-02-08, 16:46)Derek Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 14:00)tingtong5 Wrote:

Yeah wise words which is why there quoted from someone else Smile

There is no developer for DSPlayer anymore, so you are on your own. There is nothing wrong with software decoding, if you choose to go this route. I've read that madshi uses simple software decoding on one of his computers.
I actually agree software decoding works well but i use DXVA2.

I was just playing with DSPlayer Kodi, why has it been discontinued? Didnt last long did it, MPC-HC has madvr and everything else anyway so you could just add it as an external player if you felt so inclined but normal Kodi does the job for me.

I must say tho amazed DSPlayer is gone it looked slick but hey ho life goes on Smile
Wow just read back the posts i feel for the developer did he get ganged up on by the official kodi team or something?

His efforts were worthy and not unlike any skin or add-on but 100% better what a sad ending, if he's been pushed away some people should be embarrassed and ashamed, if nothing else Kodi has lost an awesome developer i didn't realise Kodi was do elitist hmmm very bad 5h1t.

I could be wrong but thats what it sounds like and why did the DSPlayer post go from 180 odd pages and RC3 to 70 pages and RC1, conspiracy?

Maybe its because i heard a rumour Madvr was going commercial?

Im just fishing tbh.
Can anyone please tell why I can't use the current madVR settings I have when upgrading from 15.2 to 16? I get lots of framedrops. What is changed and will it be normal again in final release. I don't want to upgrade graphic card just for updating Kodi and wants to keep my current settings.
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47