• 197(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-02-18, 01:27)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 23:48)Tamuro Wrote: Well I plan on using kodi until I can no longer use madVR with it. I have to have it now. Hopefully they find a way to implement it with Kodi instead of having to rely on an outside party doing it. It's just a matter of time before DSPlayer no longer works.

Kodi 17 will have the answer. The media player is being rewritten and components such as the video renderer are supposed to be separate from the decoder and other parts. This may make it possible to use madVR and other renderers but not without official support.

Given how few people this may impact, it likely will never happen. But it would be a big selling point for Kodi to have madVR support.

So it is completely up to the Linux-focused development team.

The code has been restructured so that it would be easier for someone to branch the main repo and hack in Madvr support. I know there was a discussion between Madshi and FernetMenta over in the videoplayer development forum about adding in support for video render addons. This wouldn't probably happen until Kodi v18 or later but may give windows users an official way to get Madvr in Kodi. We'll see what the future holds for us.
Does anyone know of any filters or a way in Kodi that could playback animated gifs and loop until the user presses stop?

Right now I can get the gif to load and set the video player to repeat, but there will be a delay in the loop, and the gif has to be completely reloaded.

I guess not even just for gifs, just a way to loop a video without reloading it
(2016-02-18, 12:23)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 08:24)Tamuro Wrote: That would be great if I knew what to type in that rule to make that happen. Haha

Settings/Video/DSPlayer/DVDPlayer Merits/Add new merits rule..

From there you type in a name for the rule's name (whatever you want), and then check the radio button "Internet stream" (it's the 11th entry in the list). After this you scroll to the bottom and select "Add Rule". Done.
Awesome thank you.
(2016-02-18, 19:08)Blacksmith Wrote: Does anyone know of any filters or a way in Kodi that could playback animated gifs and loop until the user presses stop?

Right now I can get the gif to load and set the video player to repeat, but there will be a delay in the loop, and the gif has to be completely reloaded.

I don't GIFs are a supported format.
(2016-02-18, 20:26)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:23)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 08:24)Tamuro Wrote: That would be great if I knew what to type in that rule to make that happen. Haha

Settings/Video/DSPlayer/DVDPlayer Merits/Add new merits rule..

From there you type in a name for the rule's name (whatever you want), and then check the radio button "Internet stream" (it's the 11th entry in the list). After this you scroll to the bottom and select "Add Rule". Done.
Awesome thank you.

Some of the best things are small checkboxes and such like you overlook
(2016-02-18, 21:18)Derek Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 20:26)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:23)ashlar Wrote: Settings/Video/DSPlayer/DVDPlayer Merits/Add new merits rule..

Awesome thank you.

I've noticed.

Last night when I tried to stream a youtube video my screen went all black but I could still hear the audio. I had to tab out via windows key and force kodi off. I went back into kodi and played it with the DVDPlayer and everything worked. Today now I went to play an mkv bluray rip and the screen was black and could still hear the audio. I just started hitting buttons in madvr and it came back but now the res is all messed up. I can only see the upper left corner of the movie and it fills my whole screen. Lol
Funny enough thats not an uncommon problem the black screen with audio still playing and normally related to nvidia drivers.
(2016-02-18, 21:16)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 19:08)Blacksmith Wrote: Does anyone know of any filters or a way in Kodi that could playback animated gifs and loop until the user presses stop?

I don't GIFs are a supported format.

DS or DVD player will play them fine, but the allure of them is in the looping. Unfortunately the image slideshow doesn't animate the gif (only the first frame). All the trac issues, flags, or pull requests have been ignored or considered obsolete for years dealing with the problem/feature

Just wondering of the possibility of a filter that has some sort of parameter that will loop the video.

Instead just using a workaround of a external player.
(2016-02-18, 22:29)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 21:18)Derek Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 20:26)Tamuro Wrote: Awesome thank you.

I've noticed.

Last night when I tried to stream a youtube video my screen went all black but I could still hear the audio. I had to tab out via windows key and force kodi off. I went back into kodi and played it with the DVDPlayer and everything worked. Today now I went to play an mkv bluray rip and the screen was black and could still hear the audio. I just started hitting buttons in madvr and it came back but now the res is all messed up. I can only see the upper left corner of the movie and it fills my whole screen. Lol
Glad to help on the rules thing.

As far as the black screen is concerned, some questions:

1) Are you adjusting refresh rate through madVR, Kodi or not at all? Meaning, do you switch to a 24Hz mode for film content or not. And if yes in what way? Settings/Video/Playback/Adjust display refresh rate.
2) Are you using Exclusive mode in madVR? Settings/Video/DSPlayer/Use in fullscreen (exclusive mode)
3) Are you using fullscreen for Kodi or fullscreen window? Settings/System/Video output/Use fullscreen window
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-02-17, 15:48)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 11:03)ashlar Wrote: And why is that. Did aracnoz explain?

The only reference I found was here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2138199

Man, i would just kill for a DSplayer Dash 1080p youtube solution.
It's something worth investigating. From the little I understand, I think a talented developer could work it out rather quickly, given the source filter I mentioned.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

The only reference I found was here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2138199
It appears being hardcoded in FilterCoreFactory.cpp. Lines between 105 and 114 hardcode Kodi to use LAV Source internal, bypassing the filters rules. I don't know how easy it would be to not have this and having it adhere to the rules set up in the regular way.

It's a shame to have hard coded filters in DSPlayer, as the whole point should be flexibility above all else.

I'm so sorry not to have noticed this when aracnoz was still around Sad
(2016-02-19, 13:18)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 22:29)Tamuro Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 21:18)Derek Wrote: Some of the best things are small checkboxes and such like you overlook

I've noticed.

Glad to help on the rules thing.

As far as the black screen is concerned, some questions:

1) Are you adjusting refresh rate through madVR, Kodi or not at all? Meaning, do you switch to a 24Hz mode for film content or not. And if yes in what way? Settings/Video/Playback/Adjust display refresh rate.
2) Are you using Exclusive mode in madVR? Settings/Video/DSPlayer/Use in fullscreen (exclusive mode)
3) Are you using fullscreen for Kodi or fullscreen window? Settings/System/Video output/Use fullscreen window

1) Adjusting refresh rate through madVR and under display I put in the refresh rates that my monitor accepts.
2) Yes I am using exclusive mode and I set Kodi setting to force stop full screen.
3) I have Kodi set to Full screen.

Once I got the image to display, I fixed the image being messed up because I had to reset the res in Kodi back to 1920 x 1080p. When I force closed it the other day not only did my monitor not change back to it's max res of 2560 x 1440p but Kodi switched to 2560 x 1440p. I changed Kodi back to 1920x1080 and the image started to display correctly.
Try to set Kodi using Fullscreen Window. I seem to remember it could help in this kind of situations.
(2016-02-19, 14:11)ashlar Wrote:

It appears being hardcoded in FilterCoreFactory.cpp. Lines between 105 and 114 hardcode Kodi to use LAV Source internal, bypassing the filters rules. I don't know how easy it would be to not have this and having it adhere to the rules set up in the regular way.

It's a shame to have hard coded filters in DSPlayer, as the whole point should be flexibility above all else.

I'm so sorry not to have noticed this when aracnoz was still around Sad

I also think that we should change the mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml files to be identical to the internal versions. I'm referring to the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer. Those files refer to stuff that might not be installed and apparently they create conflicts when trying to playing streams through DSPlayer.

See for example, in mediasconfig.xml, this entry:

<rule protocols="http">
<source filter="urlfilesource" />
<splitter filter="avsplitter" />
<video filter="cyberlinkvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

I say change them to be identical as this, empyrically, solved it for me. Maybe there's a better way to go. But I don't know how to operate on source, hence this solution allowed me to bypass the problem. I end up having mediasconfig.xml, filtersconfig.xml, mediasconfig_internal.xml and filtersconfig_internal.xml to be respectively identical. And everything appears to be working correctly.

I personally use Settings/Videos/DSPlayer/Filters Management set at "Media rules and Filters configuration". Which might be part of why this has gone unnoticed so far. Maybe the majority of people are using the "internal filters" option here.

For reasons unknown, it appears that while "internal filters" works fine and, obviously, ignores customized versions of mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml in the user directory, "Media rules and Filters configuration" has problems with conflicts between the system version of those files and the customized version. I thought that if mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml existed in the user directory the ones in the system directory would be ignored... but this doesn't seem to be the case.

EDIT:

Yes, it appears that the overruling is done on a rule by rule basis. Hence, placing this in mediasconfig.xml, in the user directory, bypasses the rule in the system folder:

<rule protocols="http">
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="alavsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>

With DSPlayer automatically selecting the internal version of lavsource, again hardcoded as I explained in the previous post.
I doubt that I could have something do to with the situation, as personally I've never used cyberlink codecs... so I suppose the situation is like this from a clean install too (I always edit stuff in the user directory, not the system one).
I have no problems with my own mediaconfig & filterconfig. Since I never use internal filters due to problem with XySubfilter.
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47