• 214(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-03-04, 10:53)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:55)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:52)axlt2002 Wrote: I'm actually making some trials on my laptop that has an Intel HD 4000...I'm going to try on another pc before open a "case"! Wink

I will let you know!

This could also be a problem with the D3D9 vs D3D11 presentation path in general settings. Try setting madVR to D3D9. It sounds like a problem of compatibility with the hardware you are using.

Also, you should be running the Jarvis build with the latest version of madVR. It might also help to disable hardware acceleration in LAV Video.

Thanks Warner.

I was already using D3D9 as weel as both last builds of Jarvis (not the 16.1 RC1 but the 16.0) and madVR (0.90.13). No success by disabling hardware acceleration in LAV Video.

The good new is that on another notebook, everything is perfect! Wink So I don't want to disturb you on this until I will finally setup everything on my HTPC...this evening! Be ready! Wink

Hi Warner,

I'm coming back to this issue since it seems really something weird.

I have installed Kodi 16.1 DSPlayer (last build from Wanilton) on my HTPC running Windows 7 on APU A8-6500 in Dual Graphic with a Radeon HD 6670. Using madVR the video looks perfect when played in full screen; issues start to happen in concomitance with OSD or when the video is played in background wrt the GUI (see this View My Video).

As a second try, I have just disabled DSPlayer and this is what happened.

I'm just writing this to make you aware of the issue, since it seems non directly related to DSPlayer. In any case, if you have some suggestions, they are welcome as usual.

Have a nice weekend!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-03-18, 16:05)ashlar Wrote: The more I read about it, the more I think I'm gonna gracefully pass on the free update to Win 10. When the time will be right I'll gladly pay. But I'm tired of doing beta testing for multibillion dollars companies. I'd rather beta test open source for free, at least there's a logic there.

==> I have the "network not connected according to Kodi but everything OK in file explorer and other app" issue only in Win7, not in Win10
So ashlar, I see no problem upgrading to Win10.

@oldpoem, I didn't understand your post. What is this known SMB issue you're talking about? Do you have links?
(2016-03-18, 16:05)ashlar Wrote: The more I read about it, the more I think I'm gonna gracefully pass on the free update to Win 10. When the time will be right I'll gladly pay. But I'm tired of doing beta testing for multibillion dollars companies. I'd rather beta test open source for free, at least there's a logic there.

Well you can also be official beta tester and let Microsoft sniff on your activity for free! (the Insider program) Tongue

The pretty interface makes me ignore most of the issues on 10 but many of my older games are broken right now because Microsoft can't code a damn input driver. Sad

It's a young OS, though. It'll get better with time, hopefully.
(2016-03-18, 18:19)djoole Wrote: ==> I have the "network not connected according to Kodi but everything OK in file explorer and other app" issue only in Win7, not in Win10

@oldpoem, I didn't understand your post. What is this known SMB issue you're talking about? Do you have links?

You can find more information in Kodi Android forum, thread related about access smb/windows share. I'm on tablet now so it's inconvenience to provide specific link.

You can google about Windows 10 SMB problem, tons would show up.
(2016-03-18, 18:00)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 10:53)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:55)Warner306 Wrote: This could also be a problem with the D3D9 vs D3D11 presentation path in general settings. Try setting madVR to D3D9. It sounds like a problem of compatibility with the hardware you are using.

Also, you should be running the Jarvis build with the latest version of madVR. It might also help to disable hardware acceleration in LAV Video.

Thanks Warner.

I was already using D3D9 as weel as both last builds of Jarvis (not the 16.1 RC1 but the 16.0) and madVR (0.90.13). No success by disabling hardware acceleration in LAV Video.

The good new is that on another notebook, everything is perfect! Wink So I don't want to disturb you on this until I will finally setup everything on my HTPC...this evening! Be ready! Wink

Hi Warner,

I'm coming back to this issue since it seems really something weird.

I have installed Kodi 16.1 DSPlayer (last build from Wanilton) on my HTPC running Windows 7 on APU A8-6500 in Dual Graphic with a Radeon HD 6670. Using madVR the video looks perfect when played in full screen; issues start to happen in concomitance with OSD or when the video is played in background wrt the GUI (see this View My Video).

As a second try, I have just disabled DSPlayer and this is what happened.

I'm just writing this to make you aware of the issue, since it seems non directly related to DSPlayer. In any case, if you have some suggestions, they are welcome as usual.

Have a nice weekend!

Never seen that before. Kind of looks like an HDMI handshake issue. You might be better off using MPC-HC if both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer don't work correctly. This would involve a few sacrifices, of course.
I'm having problems playing videos with 6.1 audio. I can hear the surround but the speech or maybe center channel is muffled and i can barely hear it. It's like the kodi is outputting the wrong speaker channel config. 7.1 and 5.1 work.

I'm running an analog 5.1 setup, with the 3 audio cables.

I've checked windows and kodi speaker config.

I'm also running reclock and tried turning off and on the "set matching speaker config"

Thanks in Advance
Have you checked LAV Audio configuration?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-03-19, 07:02)Marklar Wrote: I'm having problems playing videos with 6.1 audio. I can hear the surround but the speech or maybe center channel is muffled and i can barely hear it. It's like the kodi is outputting the wrong speaker channel config. 7.1 and 5.1 work.

I'm running an analog 5.1 setup, with the 3 audio cables.

I've checked windows and kodi speaker config.

I'm also running reclock and tried turning off and on the "set matching speaker config"

Thanks in Advance

Sounds like a channel mapping problem. I don't have much experience with outputting analog sound. You could try MPC-HC to identify if this is a problem with correct mapping. MPC-HC includes its own Audio Switcher, which is capable of mapping channels as you wish.

I don't know of any DirectShow audio renderers with this feature. If you have an ASIO card, something like this might help.
Thank you both, I checked expand 6.1 to 7.1 in LAV and everything works now, can't believe i missed that
(2016-03-18, 23:29)oldpoem Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 18:19)djoole Wrote: ==> I have the "network not connected according to Kodi but everything OK in file explorer and other app" issue only in Win7, not in Win10

You can find more information in Kodi Android forum, thread related about access smb/windows share. I'm on tablet now so it's inconvenience to provide specific link.

You can google about Windows 10 SMB problem, tons would show up.

Thanks.
Anyway, my kodi network problem are specific to windows 7 (not a single network even SMB issue while I was on windows 10)
(2016-03-20, 10:13)Marklar Wrote: Thank you both, I checked expand 6.1 to 7.1 in LAV and everything works now, can't believe i missed that
I had problems with that unchecked too. In my case it simply produced no audio whatsoever. Glad it works now. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Does anyone else have problems with DVDs?

DSPlayer works fine with local videos off the hard drive as well as streams... but whenever I try to play a DVD with the latest DSPlayer build, it just uses the default Kodi renderer.
If I'm getting lots of artifact, is it better to tone chroma scaling down from NNEDI to Jinc? I could swear I got less artifact by using Jinc instead.

NNEDI looks incredible though. Can't max it out without overheating but 64 neurons is more than enough.
(2016-03-22, 00:35)Zpectre87 Wrote: If I'm getting lots of artifact, is it better to tone chroma scaling down from NNEDI to Jinc? I could swear I got less artifact by using Jinc instead.

NNEDI looks incredible though. Can't max it out without overheating but 64 neurons is more than enough.

You would be hard-pressed to see the difference between chroma upscaling algorithms on most sources. Perhaps animation would be an exception.

Artifacts due to poor source material are difficult to correct. NNEDI3 and SuperRes are two of the few algorithms known to reduce or improve the appearance of source artifacts. Reconstruction (soft) may also do this for chroma upscaling. Try turning image sharpening off, as it is the most likely setting in madVR to add artifacts not found in the source.
(2016-03-21, 21:52)brucethemoose Wrote: Does anyone else have problems with DVDs?

DSPlayer works fine with local videos off the hard drive as well as streams... but whenever I try to play a DVD with the latest DSPlayer build, it just uses the default Kodi renderer.

ISO support is lacking. DVD discs...I don't know. You might be better off using MPC-HC.
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47