• 220(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2016-04-13, 17:58)djoole Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 11:48)axlt2002 Wrote: 26 August 2015 (66c524b)
- DSPlayer now uses a shared surfaces queue to show the GUI on madVR

11 August 2015 (bd53e0f)
- DSPlayer now uses a shared texture to show the GUI on madVR

May be is something related to that?

I don't think so. I have this issue since upgrading to W10. It was OK on W7 even after aracnoz textures/surfaces modifications (that fixed a bunch of other issues at the time).

May be we are facing two different issues then. What I have reported happens on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, with AMD or Intel graphic solutions. Well, I think I will go for the external player solution for the time being...is a pity that the development of DSPlayer has been stopped.

Have a nice day All!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-04-14, 09:48)MagikMark Wrote: Found a solution to my problem.

Kodi is configured to switch display refresh mode to match that of the video's. My display's refresh rate is 23.970. My video is 23.976. There is a small difference of .006.

I installed reclock, and viola! Everything is running smoothly. No drop frames. OSD doesn't cause video stutters.

Nice to know you solved your issue, but it's not the same than mine.

I have a pretty good 23.976Hz (although not perfect) thanks to a custom res in my Nvidia panel.
And I have no madVR frame issues in madVR stats.
Only video stuttering during OSD.

I don't think it's related to performance issues, otherwise I would see dropped frames in madVR stats.

(2016-04-14, 10:18)axlt2002 Wrote: May be we are facing two different issues then. What I have reported happens on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, with AMD or Intel graphic solutions. Well, I think I will go for the external player solution for the time being...is a pity that the development of DSPlayer has been stopped.
Yes maybe. A pity to stop using DSPlayer if the only problem you have is stuttering during OSD..
(2016-04-14, 11:37)djoole Wrote: Nice to know you solved your issue, but it's not the same than mine.

I have a pretty good 23.976Hz (although not perfect) thanks to a custom res in my Nvidia panel.

I don't think it's related to performance issues, otherwise I would see dropped frames in madVR stats.

What are your fullscreen settings for both Kodi and madVR? I had issues with the OSD causing stuttering when I was first setting up the dsplayer build. I found that playing with different combinations of exclusive mode could trigger the issue. I believe I landed on both Kodi and madVR set to Fullscreen Windowed mode.
Guys

You may want to try "sync playback to display" as well

Hope it helps
(2016-04-14, 14:29)MagikMark Wrote: Guys

Hope it helps
That's for DVDPlayer, not DSPlayer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-04-14, 18:02)ashlar Wrote:

Hope it helps

That's correct. And that changes the speed of the video to match the audio clock. ReClock, by comparison, syncs the audio to the video using the audio clock as the control.

I'm assuming changing the audio would be less noticeable than the video.
(2016-04-14, 13:52)puithove Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 11:37)djoole Wrote: Nice to know you solved your issue, but it's not the same than mine.

What are your fullscreen settings for both Kodi and madVR? I had issues with the OSD causing stuttering when I was first setting up the dsplayer build. I found that playing with different combinations of exclusive mode could trigger the issue. I believe I landed on both Kodi and madVR set to Fullscreen Windowed mode.

madVR config :
- TV levels
- 10 bit
- switch to matching display mode checked but no display mode set up
- delay playback
- FSE (delay switch, 4 backbuffers, flush/flus&wait/dontflush/dontflush)
- D3D11 (present a frame)
- CPU/GPU queue size 12
- Use DXVA chroma upscaling

Kodi config :
- adjust display freq always
- display mode : full screen #1
- Use window for full screen
(2016-04-14, 19:35)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 18:02)ashlar Wrote:

Hope it helps

That's correct. And that changes the speed of the video to match the audio clock. ReClock, by comparison, syncs the audio to the video using the audio clock as the control.

Nope. Sync Playback to Display uses the videoclock and adjusts audio to it by resampling on the fly. One cannot sync to a display when using "Audio Clock as base" ... Syncing to display makes only sense when not passthroughing audio of course. The old settings drop / dupe have gone as they causes major issues, especially the "dupe" one ... which confused AVRs.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-15, 11:59)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 18:02)ashlar Wrote: That's for DVDPlayer, not DSPlayer.

Nope. Sync Playback to Display uses the videoclock and adjusts audio to it by resampling on the fly. One cannot sync to a display when using "Audio Clock as base" ... Syncing to display makes only sense when not passthroughing audio of course. The old settings drop / dupe have gone as they causes major issues, especially the "dupe" one ... which confused AVRs.

Okay, my mistake. I've been using DSPlayer for too long to know the difference.
(2016-04-15, 11:59)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 18:02)ashlar Wrote: That's for DVDPlayer, not DSPlayer.

Delete double shot.

Delete double post.
Hello,

I installed all "things" for running the DS Player.

My main target was, that
a) I can play 3D MKV MVC files with Kodi
b) automize the recognition of 3D material on the beamer and the TV...that they switch automatic to 3D

Now I'm struggling with...that the DS Player only output in 2D instead of 3D on my MKV MVC files.
I tried everything to get that work without success.

Cause I can't reach the madVR settings within Kodi/DS Player via right click, I made the settings
of madVR within the MPC-HC-Player. I thought, that these settings recognized also in the DS Player.
Or does that not work?

Could you please me some advice, how to get 3D work with the DS Player. Would be great!
(2016-04-15, 19:38)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Hello,

I installed all "things" for running the DS Player.

My main target was, that
a) I can play 3D MKV MVC files with Kodi
b) automize the recognition of 3D material on the beamer and the TV...that they switch automatic to 3D

Now I'm struggling with...that the DS Player only output in 2D instead of 3D on my MKV MVC files.
I tried everything to get that work without success.

Cause I can't reach the madVR settings within Kodi/DS Player via right click, I made the settings
of madVR within the MPC-HC-Player. I thought, that these settings recognized also in the DS Player.
Or does that not work?

Could you please me some advice, how to get 3D work with the DS Player. Would be great!

Set DSPlayer to "Load from madVR active profile." This will load your settings from the control panel, allow you to make adjustments from DSPlayer and have madVR save the result.

This way, MPC-HC and DSPlayer should behave the same way.
I swear to God I shouldn't have upgraded to Win10. The handover from Kodi to madVR fullscreen causes all kinds of display driver crashes. What a load of old gunk. :/ At least it recovers. But just knowing that something goes wrong, sucks.

Also, you guys? I installed latest madVR and grabbed that last install of Kodi DS that the dev left last month, whenever I pick NNEDI3 the ctrl + J screen shows it as Jinc AR. Something jacked up somewhere? Anyone seen this before? It's like it just doesn't do NNEDI3. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh yeah, I'm also receiving mad high rendering times compared to Win7. My God what have I done, what have I.. Done. Kill me.
Hi,

Quote:I swear to God I shouldn't have upgraded to Win10

You are not the only one,there are thousands of them including me who regretted and hated the shitty decision to switch over to 10 and why ??

Anyways I had posted couple of pages earlier about woos of Win10 and since there wasn't much I could do I simply threw that garbage and went back to Win8 and boy oh boy did I make the right decision !

I can now play most of the stuff with reasonable quality and without much of a fuss (same couldn't be said to Win10).

So I suggest you switch back to Win7/8, I have 7 in 2 of my system ( 1 Desktop and 1 Laptop) and 8 on 1 HTPC (current primary system which is in my Sig) and I must say Win8 does a better job in video department and in general, Believe me I hated Win8 when it was launched due to the Shitty Metro UI and what not but after 8.1 the changes made it worth the try and ever since that I have not looked back.

I have compared Video of all three ( i,e Win 7,8,10) and the Black levels and overall pic quality is supreme in Win8 ( among the three off course). So even for that you are better off with Win8 !

On a different note,There is a last Jarvis build and Am hoping our savior Wanilton will compile a new build with the last changes from Aracnoz and the Last Jarvis soon.

Regards.
MOBO :AMD A68i-350
RAM:6GB DDR3
CPU : 1.6GHZ DUAL CORE
GPU : HD6310 (512MB Shared Memory)
I run windows 10, i can run the same settings i had when i had 7 or 8.1.
  • 220(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47