• 222(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
@Warner306, I dont see any Pull Request for open 16.2 for now, but have commit after 16.1, so I think will exist 16.2.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi all, i'm running DSP with a Titan theme, watching TV via the Media Portal plugin. Whenever I open the TV guide, the mini tv view in the corner flickers, the guide background goes black and also occasionally flickers with the tv picture. also does it in the recorded tv view. if I back out to the main menu, the tv picture is displayed fine behind the menu icons so it seems to be limited to views that have both the picture in the background and a mini picture in the corner.

any ideas?
Hi guys.They know when they may apply for Kodi ADSP XConvolver Windows ?.
KODI DSPlayer interests me because madVR use as render.

I apologize for my English,translator use.

Greetings.
First of all thanks for DSPlayer, it solved the 'washed out' bad quality issue I had.

I am having issues using the amplification setting though, nothing seems to make a difference and the volume amplification slider has no effect.

I have tried setting it under the DSPlayer options and in the regular settings, changing output devices but nothing works.

I am using Intel integrated sound, it previously worked on regular (without DSplayer bundled) KODI installation.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
Hey,
Can i install this along side my existing Kodi install and switch between them both, or will it overwrite it?
(2016-04-28, 10:08)pleccy Wrote: Hey,
Can i install this along side my existing Kodi install and switch between them both, or will it overwrite it?
yes you can. I have three different versions of Kodi installed on my machine. I usually run them all in portable mode so that change one installs settings doesn't affect another
hey guys, sorry if it sounds a bit noobish...

i use xbmp/c/kodi since the project started back in the days. thanks for all the stuff you coded!
i use it only on linux systems. one week ago i read something about "dsplayer / madvr" and that it would give a so much better picture quality.

my questions:

- is it really that good? if yes, how and why?
- does it Only work on windows systems? or is there Any way to get it running on linux/osx?

thanks in advance.
(2016-04-28, 17:19)scarfi Wrote: hey guys, sorry if it sounds a bit noobish...

i use xbmp/c/kodi since the project started back in the days. thanks for all the stuff you coded!
i use it only on linux systems. one week ago i read something about "dsplayer / madvr" and that it would give a so much better picture quality.

my questions:

- does it Only work on windows systems? or is there Any way to get it running on linux/osx?

thanks in advance.

Correct. It will only work on windows due to DirectShow filters being a Microsoft technology.
(2016-04-28, 09:09)steveosteve Wrote: First of all thanks for DSPlayer, it solved the 'washed out' bad quality issue I had.

I am having issues using the amplification setting though, nothing seems to make a difference and the volume amplification slider has no effect.

I have tried setting it under the DSPlayer options and in the regular settings, changing output devices but nothing works.

I am using Intel integrated sound, it previously worked on regular (without DSplayer bundled) KODI installation.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

What audio renderer are you using? The audio controls in Kodi only impact DVDPlayer.

Have you tried sanear? It is a very simple audio renderer. If you choose WASAPI Shared mode, you can alter the volume using the Windows mixer. I would recommend WASAPI Exclusive mode, which bypasses the mixer and communicates with the audio output device. WASAPI Exclusive/Shared is toggled by accessing the sanear icon on the Windows Taskbar during playback.

sanear audio renderer
(2016-04-28, 10:08)pleccy Wrote: Hey,

Yes, as stated, a portable installation is possible.

1. Start the installer and choose a directory with write access not occupied by your existing installation:

e.g. C:/Downloads

2. Tick the option in the installer to avoid adding Start Menu shortcuts.

3. After installation, create a shortcut to Kodi.exe.

4. Right-click on the Kodi shortcut and select properties. Under target, add the -p switch as below:

target: C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\Kodi\Kodi.exe -p
(2016-04-28, 17:19)scarfi Wrote: hey guys, sorry if it sounds a bit noobish...

my questions:

thanks in advance.

If you have a decent graphics card (at least a GTS 450), DSPlayer will offer a large improvement in picture quality over vanilla Kodi. Is it worth abandoning Linux for Windows? I don't know. Probably not. Only those comfortable with Windows as an OS who are obsessive about picture quality should apply.

The only way to know if the improvement in image quality is worth it is to try it.
Thanks Warner.

I am using it only for movies and videos.

If I turn off DSPlayer the image goes bad quality again but the audio is limited.

I really need some amplification on movies as the dynamic range is too great for my apartment.

I don't quite understand why it doesn't work, it seems odd to have to install things in KODI, in the past it was good to go!

I have tried all the audio renderers, like I say if I turn off DSPlayer the audio suddenly is fine.

I also don't want to mess with the windows sound as I use it for other things.

Thanks.
thanks for your reply @Warner306 !!
i don´t like windows. and running xbmc/kodi on debian is like...yeah...normal.
i quick-checked if "wine" could do the job but it doesn´t seem so :/

but i will test it on a separate drive with windows. at this moment i only got a GT630 but i could borrow a good one from a friend to test dsplayer.
also, i only got a sony w805 1080p Passive3d Tv - so no UHD-Tv - but..."large improvement in picture quality" -> f*k...I Need To Test That! Wink

really thanks for your reply!
(2016-04-28, 19:26)scarfi Wrote: thanks for your reply @Warner306 !!
i don´t like windows. and running xbmc/kodi on debian is like...yeah...normal.
i quick-checked if "wine" could do the job but it doesn´t seem so :/

but i will test it on a separate drive with windows. at this moment i only got a GT630 but i could borrow a good one from a friend to test dsplayer.
also, i only got a sony w805 1080p Passive3d Tv - so no UHD-Tv - but..."large improvement in picture quality" -> f*k...I Need To Test That! Wink

really thanks for your reply!

Be sure to follow the DSPlayer set up guide for assistance.
Ok, I give up. I've been trying to debug this strange thing that's happening to me for at least three weeks. Now I ask to see if anybody had/has the same problem.

Seemingly at random, when I start a video, it starts and then stops by itself almost immediately. Sometimes the same thing happens even when seeking or pausing.

Debug logs show nothing, save for the fact that DSPlayer is stopping. No error, no warning level events.

Has anybody else seen this happening?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47