• 322(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-06-19, 21:45)rscpl Wrote: I'm the only one with lagging subtitles (.ass muxed in mkv) problem (newest version, and all 3 earlier builds)?
I mean ass subtitles with heavy effects, like karaoke or more advanced typesetting (like moving etc).
My PC is quite powerful, I can run all modern games with ultra settings and 60fps.
I'm using Bluesky framerate converter, but nothing changes when I turn it off.

whats your cpu usage during the time its lagging?
So watching the first 3D SBS movie yesterday I noticed that the subtitles were messed up - half displaying by the right edge of the screen and the other half on the left edge.
Using DSPlayer with XYSubfilter, can I fix this behavior, and what do I need to do in order to get the subtitles to be viewed as 3D SBS too?
I assume the problem is that XYSubfilter or some other component still tries to render tthe subtitles in the regular position as when watching 2D?
(2017-06-24, 23:34)Cinder Wrote: So watching the first 3D SBS movie yesterday I noticed that the subtitles were messed up - half displaying by the right edge of the screen and the other half on the left edge.
Using DSPlayer with XYSubfilter, can I fix this behavior, and what do I need to do in order to get the subtitles to be viewed as 3D SBS too?
I assume the problem is that XYSubfilter or some other component still tries to render tthe subtitles in the regular position as when watching 2D?

Does MPC-HC get the subtitles right using XYSubFilter? Maybe the problem is XYSubFilter?
(2017-06-24, 23:34)Cinder Wrote: So watching the first 3D SBS movie yesterday I noticed that the subtitles were messed up - half displaying by the right edge of the screen and the other half on the left edge.

I faced the same problem you have and I couldn't find a solution so I set up a filter for SBS 3D movies to be played with VideoPlayer and frame packed 3D movies with DSplayer.
(2017-06-25, 21:37)Demous Wrote:

I faced the same problem you have and I couldn't find a solution so I set up a filter for SBS 3D movies to be played with VideoPlayer and frame packed 3D movies with DSplayer.

DSPlayer only supports frame-packed. I missed that in the original post.
Hi,

One of the developers Hyperion addon for Kodi here and noticed that with DSPlayer we can no longer read out images to sent to the Ambilight system (Hyperion daemon), we use this Kodi function to read out the image:

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hype...ate.py#L68

Best guess is that this function is not present in DSplayer or returning null data as in its Mediaportal madVR counterpart we also had to add extra code with the help of madshi to achieve the same readouts as with EVR, is there anyway to make this work with DSPlayer as well?
Kodi x86 latest DSPlayer release (17.3 Git:20170525-703c8f9) on Win 10 x64 Anniversary Update (Creators Update not installed but all other updates yes), madVR 0.91.10, LAV Filters 0.70.0.

Out of the blue DSPlayer has started to crash after a couple of minutes of playback. Yesterday it was fine, no Windows updates got installed.
Last lines of log, before crash are always:

Code:
01:12:58.802 T:2268 WARNING: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBusUSB::PerformDeviceScan - cannot query USB devices: invalid handle
01:12:58.802 T:2268   DEBUG: Thread PeripBusUSB 2268 terminating

If I use VideoPlayer all it's fine.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-06-29, 01:26)ashlar Wrote: Kodi x86 latest DSPlayer release (17.3 Git:20170525-703c8f9) on Win 10 x64 Anniversary Update (Creators Update not installed but all other updates yes), madVR 0.91.10, LAV Filters 0.70.0.

Out of the blue DSPlayer has started to crash after a couple of minutes of playback. Yesterday it was fine, no Windows updates got installed.
Last lines of log, before crash are always:

Code:
01:12:58.802 T:2268 WARNING: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBusUSB::PerformDeviceScan - cannot query USB devices: invalid handle
01:12:58.802 T:2268   DEBUG: Thread PeripBusUSB 2268 terminating

If I use VideoPlayer all it's fine.

This happened to me as well, however I had updated KODI, anniversary update, LAV and MADVR all around the same time so I couldnt track it down to anything in particular. A clean reinstall fixed it.

One think I have found though, DSplayer and madvr doesnt play nice at all if you have it set to 4k desktop resolution, keep it at 1080p and let MADVR adjust the resolution accordingly, however MADVR still isnt great with 4k stuff anway so I mainly use videoplayer for that.

3D also wont work properly if you dont have the correct preffered method set, dont use "ask me"
I'm still using a Pioneer 1080p plasma. No 4K, no HDR. And the completely baffling thing is that I did not update anything. On Tuesday night everything played fine. Then I put in on standby and turned it back on on Wednesday night. And errors started happening. I was on a 0.68 LAV filters installation, tried updating to 0.70 and nothing changed. I had updated madVR a couple of weeks ago but everything had been working correctly following that update.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-06-29, 16:50)ashlar Wrote: I'm still using a Pioneer 1080p plasma. No 4K, no HDR. And the completely baffling thing is that I did not update anything. On Tuesday night everything played fine. Then I put in on standby and turned it back on on Wednesday night. And errors started happening. I was on a 0.68 LAV filters installation, tried updating to 0.70 and nothing changed. I had updated madVR a couple of weeks ago but everything had been working correctly following that update.

Did you follow the advice of the previous poster and reinstall DSPlayer?
(2017-06-29, 21:24)Warner306 Wrote: Did you follow the advice of the previous poster and reinstall DSPlayer?
I'll try, I generally dislike doing things without understanding what's happening. But I'll try. Smile
stoolzo, sorry, when you speak about "clean reinstall" you mean completely uninstalling Kodi (after exporting databases) and reinstalling? 'cause it would a quite time consuming task for me, at the moment. Sad
Yes if you are not using portable, if you are using portable simply create a new install folder and copy over the userdata folder over the top, this fixed mine.

Its a full clean install of KODI with the old userdata copied over the top, so I guess its not really a full clean install Smile

Anyone who isnt using portable should move, there is no advantage to a full install at all, and plenty of advantages with portable.
(2017-06-30, 14:48)stoolzo Wrote: Its a full clean install of KODI with the old userdata copied over the top, so I guess its not really a full clean install Smile
I'd say... if you copy over the whole userdata folder you are not clean installing a lot, are you? I suppose you'll need to reinstall plugins (as the only their data portion resides under userdata).
Thanks for explaining.
Just so I'm sure. In order for this to work, I'll need to basically re-install EVERYTHING?

If the portable version can be installed along side the "normal" install, where IS the x32 install?
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
  • 322(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47