Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows

Thread Rating:
  • 35 Vote(s) - 4.49 Average
Shogunreaper Offline
(2017-06-19 21:45)rscpl Wrote:  I'm the only one with lagging subtitles (.ass muxed in mkv) problem (newest version, and all 3 earlier builds)?
I mean ass subtitles with heavy effects, like karaoke or more advanced typesetting (like moving etc).
My PC is quite powerful, I can run all modern games with ultra settings and 60fps.
I'm using Bluesky framerate converter, but nothing changes when I turn it off.

whats your cpu usage during the time its lagging?
find quote
Cinder Offline
So watching the first 3D SBS movie yesterday I noticed that the subtitles were messed up - half displaying by the right edge of the screen and the other half on the left edge.
Using DSPlayer with XYSubfilter, can I fix this behavior, and what do I need to do in order to get the subtitles to be viewed as 3D SBS too?
I assume the problem is that XYSubfilter or some other component still tries to render tthe subtitles in the regular position as when watching 2D?
find quote
Warner306 Online
Posting Freak
(2017-06-24 23:34)Cinder Wrote:  So watching the first 3D SBS movie yesterday I noticed that the subtitles were messed up - half displaying by the right edge of the screen and the other half on the left edge.
Using DSPlayer with XYSubfilter, can I fix this behavior, and what do I need to do in order to get the subtitles to be viewed as 3D SBS too?
I assume the problem is that XYSubfilter or some other component still tries to render tthe subtitles in the regular position as when watching 2D?

Does MPC-HC get the subtitles right using XYSubFilter? Maybe the problem is XYSubFilter?
find quote
Demous Offline
(2017-06-24 23:34)Cinder Wrote:  So watching the first 3D SBS movie yesterday I noticed that the subtitles were messed up - half displaying by the right edge of the screen and the other half on the left edge.

I faced the same problem you have and I couldn't find a solution so I set up a filter for SBS 3D movies to be played with VideoPlayer and frame packed 3D movies with DSplayer.
find quote
Warner306 Online
Posting Freak
(2017-06-25 21:37)Demous Wrote:  

I faced the same problem you have and I couldn't find a solution so I set up a filter for SBS 3D movies to be played with VideoPlayer and frame packed 3D movies with DSplayer.

DSPlayer only supports frame-packed. I missed that in the original post.
find quote
RickDB Offline
Hi,

One of the developers Hyperion addon for Kodi here and noticed that with DSPlayer we can no longer read out images to sent to the Ambilight system (Hyperion daemon), we use this Kodi function to read out the image:

https://github.com/hyperion-project/hype...ate.py#L68

Best guess is that this function is not present in DSplayer or returning null data as in its Mediaportal madVR counterpart we also had to add extra code with the help of madshi to achieve the same readouts as with EVR, is there anyway to make this work with DSPlayer as well?
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 18:49 by RickDB.)
find quote
ashlar Offline
Donor
Kodi x86 latest DSPlayer release (17.3 Git:20170525-703c8f9) on Win 10 x64 Anniversary Update (Creators Update not installed but all other updates yes), madVR 0.91.10, LAV Filters 0.70.0.

Out of the blue DSPlayer has started to crash after a couple of minutes of playback. Yesterday it was fine, no Windows updates got installed.
Last lines of log, before crash are always:

Code:
01:12:58.802 T:2268 WARNING: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBusUSB::PerformDeviceScan - cannot query USB devices: invalid handle
01:12:58.802 T:2268   DEBUG: Thread PeripBusUSB 2268 terminating

If I use VideoPlayer all it's fine.

For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote