• 326(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
should not , however, MPC-BE is a different team of development , If they were not up to date and there was a release that incorporates all the news, there are many other players who support madVR and LAVfilter : Media players supporting madVR And in any case there is no difference , as long as DSPlayer they will continue to be developed and updated I do not think there is a bandage of head.
(2017-07-17, 22:42)gotham_x Wrote: Bad news for those who use MPC-HC as an external player https://mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-rel...-farewell/
They were gracious enough in providing this one last release. To be honest I was kind of waiting for this to happen. Development was stagnating, it was clear.
As far as I know MPC-BE is still actively developed.

Edit:
In any case: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738

Looks like not everything is lost. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
great news.
Hi, may a question if anyone else has the same issue with DSPlayer version, when i enter TV and see the channel list,
i cannot start any tv channel ...
1st i thought it would be a remote issue and i have to map, but when i use my regular keyboard also "return" doesnt do anything ...

this only happens when i use dsplayer version, not the regular one ... and only in TV / Channels ...

when i use the playlist while live TV is running everything is ok, but a little weird to me Wink

i now start TV (last channels from start screen) and then use "c" playlist and change ... but no way to start from regular channel list when entering TV section.

for any tipps thanks ahead.
I had this audio issue sorted, but after using original Kodi (installed side-by-side) my settings reset and I can't for the life of me work out how I had it configured!

DSplayer with senear audio filter, my audio receiver only supports AC3/DTS (it's old), previously I found a setting somewhere to transcode/downsample DTS-HD & TRUE-HD to a format supported by my receiver so it would still play in 5.1, at the moment these formats are only playing in 2.0.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get this going again?

Cheers!
(2017-07-19, 13:15)alturismo Wrote: Hi, may a question if anyone else has the same issue with DSPlayer version, when i enter TV and see the channel list,
1st i thought it would be a remote issue and i have to map, but when i use my regular keyboard also "return" doesnt do anything ...

this only happens when i use dsplayer version, not the regular one ... and only in TV / Channels ...

when i use the playlist while live TV is running everything is ok, but a little weird to me Wink

i now start TV (last channels from start screen) and then use "c" playlist and change ... but no way to start from regular channel list when entering TV section.

I launch all my tv from "TV > Guide" screen, the full screen EPG and haven't had any problems, is this an option for you?
Using tvheadned and simple IPTV PVR addons.
(2017-07-20, 13:01)nicr4wks Wrote:
(2017-07-19, 13:15)alturismo Wrote: Hi, may a question if anyone else has the same issue with DSPlayer version, when i enter TV and see the channel list,

I launch all my tv from "TV > Guide" screen, the full screen EPG and haven't had any problems, is this an option for you?
Using tvheadned and simple IPTV PVR addons.

i get TV started by using last channels shown in start display ... so im ok and get TV started, just wondering why the regular 1st channel list aint recognizing a return input ...

and im also using TVH or IPTV (only testing), but i donw think there should be a difference cause i also dont get a audio respond when hitting return like everywhere else ...

thanks for the "guide" tip, i try it for my woman if thats another alternative Wink
(2017-07-20, 12:50)nicr4wks Wrote: I had this audio issue sorted, but after using original Kodi (installed side-by-side) my settings reset and I can't for the life of me work out how I had it configured!

DSplayer with senear audio filter, my audio receiver only supports AC3/DTS (it's old), previously I found a setting somewhere to transcode/downsample DTS-HD & TRUE-HD to a format supported by my receiver so it would still play in 5.1, at the moment these formats are only playing in 2.0.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get this going again?

Cheers!

as i use ARC (kodi -> tv -> avr) i also can only use DTS 5.1 and AC3, also senear audio and only checked DTS and AC3 as bitstreaming option, 7.1 DTS is passed through as 5.1 and AC3 also,
just not on live tv wich is currently expected when i readed correctly cause the way kodi uses PVR addons ... here i couldnt find a way to get AC3 working, movies and tvrips are fine here with audio.

using EVR, madvr just dont want to work properly here, i have to read more to get 4k and may HDR working there ... but thats another story Wink
Can anyone explain why I'm getting dramatically different performance with dsplayer+madvr vs mpc-hc+madvr ?

dsplayer+madvr+lavfilters (external) = >50ms rendering time
mpc-hc+madvr+lavfilters (external) = ~15ms rendering time

Same renderer, same settings, same decoder filters.
I have kodi set to NOT manage madvr, so it's the exact same settings when I close kodi and run mpc-hc (both are x86).

Whats the difference I'm missing here?
(2017-07-21, 21:54)purpleman Wrote: Can anyone explain why I'm getting dramatically different performance with dsplayer+madvr vs mpc-hc+madvr ?

I have kodi set to NOT manage madvr, so it's the exact same settings when I close kodi and run mpc-hc (both are x86).

Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?"
(2017-07-21, 22:42)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 21:54)purpleman Wrote: Can anyone explain why I'm getting dramatically different performance with dsplayer+madvr vs mpc-hc+madvr ?

Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?"

Yeah. And I can see in the Ctrl+J stats that all the settings are the same in both MPC-HC and Kodi. Same resizer, same fullscreen mode, same resolution, same settings.
The only difference I see is that in Kodi I also see a stat called composition rate showing 24hz. That stats line doesn't appear at all in MPC-HC.
Is it possible to use MakeMKV with DSPlayer like we can with DVDPlayer/VideoPlayer? : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=189402
It appears that certain 10bit HDR movies make Dsplayer crash on startup.
No matter what I set, FSE, no FSE, Refreshrate switching, no switching, etc.

Anyone have any idea?
I've never got MADVR to play nice with HDR movies full stop, totally hammers my i5 2400, I now play these using XPLAY through plex on my TV, scrapped the idea of getting HDR working for movies, too much of a faff having to turn on HDR first in windows, they really need sort that out properly so the HDR tag is switched on by the software and not a switch in windows.
(2017-07-25, 17:05)stoolzo Wrote: I've never got MADVR to play nice with HDR movies full stop, totally hammers my i5 2400, I now play these using XPLAY through plex on my TV, scrapped the idea of getting HDR working for movies, too much of a faff having to turn on HDR first in windows, they really need sort that out properly so the HDR tag is switched on by the software and not a switch in windows.

Nvidia + madVR + LAV + MPC = UHD HDR BT2020 10bit Full Screen auto HDR mode on and off.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
  • 326(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47