• 327(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
madVR HDR passthrough current situation is explained here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1...ount=44259
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-07-25, 18:08)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 17:05)stoolzo Wrote: I've never got MADVR to play nice with HDR movies full stop, totally hammers my i5 2400, I now play these using XPLAY through plex on my TV, scrapped the idea of getting HDR working for movies, too much of a faff having to turn on HDR first in windows, they really need sort that out properly so the HDR tag is switched on by the software and not a switch in windows.

Nvidia + madVR + LAV + MPC = UHD HDR BT2020 10bit Full Screen auto HDR mode on and off.

cheers but I find ATI cards more stable for HTPC use and MVC 3D works spot on every time, always have problems with NVIDIA 3D. While there isnt much HDR content i'll stick with my ATI card and just play what HDR stuff I have though my TV/PLEX.
Guys, two days ago, I finally let Windows update, so I got Creators Update up and running.
Anybody else got their levels messed up?
I had my TV already calibrated, now it's a mess.
My TV is a Panasonic Plasma, is not HDR.
Anybody else?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2017-07-26, 20:04)vicmanpergar Wrote: Guys, two days ago, I finally let Windows update, so I got Creators Update up and running.
Anybody else?

Go back to the GPU configuration screens. They have to be reprogrammed.
(2017-07-26, 00:14)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 18:08)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 17:05)stoolzo Wrote: I've never got MADVR to play nice with HDR movies full stop, totally hammers my i5 2400, I now play these using XPLAY through plex on my TV, scrapped the idea of getting HDR working for movies, too much of a faff having to turn on HDR first in windows, they really need sort that out properly so the HDR tag is switched on by the software and not a switch in windows.

Nvidia + madVR + LAV + MPC = UHD HDR BT2020 10bit Full Screen auto HDR mode on and off.

cheers but I find ATI cards more stable for HTPC use and MVC 3D works spot on every time, always have problems with NVIDIA 3D. While there isnt much HDR content i'll stick with my ATI card and just play what HDR stuff I have though my TV/PLEX.

Sorry you have problems others don't. It's a shame all the "faff" you have to go through just to simply play a movie based on content. Just thought I'd share the recent state of the art solution correcting your outdated knowledge as if it's still fact. That isn't to say your solutions aren't the best methods for you directly dependent on your limited GPU capabilities and the necessary inconvenient resourceful workarounds you are obliged to. Pretty happy just pressing play on any title in the Kodi library and having it do exactly that whether it's 3D, HDR, HEVC, SDR, iso, mkv, what ever. I'd hate to "faff" around myself.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-07-26, 20:43)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 20:04)vicmanpergar Wrote: Guys, two days ago, I finally let Windows update, so I got Creators Update up and running.
Anybody else?

Go back to the GPU configuration screens. They have to be reprogrammed.

Yeah,that's slightly different too. Now I have two choices, default color configuration, and nvidia color configuration (resolutions tab), this last is the only one where I can select space pixel color and "Complete" dinamic space, but, it still remains the same bright. Every other tab is the same I had it set up before.
Grrr.. they're going to make me calibrate my TV once more.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2017-07-27, 00:11)brazen1 Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 00:14)stoolzo Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 18:08)brazen1 Wrote: Nvidia + madVR + LAV + MPC = UHD HDR BT2020 10bit Full Screen auto HDR mode on and off.

Sorry you have problems others don't. It's a shame all the "faff" you have to go through just to simply play a movie based on content. Just thought I'd share the recent state of the art solution correcting your outdated knowledge as if it's still fact. That isn't to say your solutions aren't the best methods for you directly dependent on your limited GPU capabilities and the necessary inconvenient resourceful workarounds you are obliged to. Pretty happy just pressing play on any title in the Kodi library and having it do exactly that whether it's 3D, HDR, HEVC, SDR, iso, mkv, what ever. I'd hate to "faff" around myself.

Yeah, thanks for posting that, very useful. I've spent the last 18 months trying to get KODI stable with the least faff as possible, its pretty clear that most things arent geared up for 4k yet, drivers, apps and windows.

With my current solution I can play all my 1080p content without issue including 3D stuff all out of KODI DS which is great. I've tried everything to get KODI DS stable with 4k but it just doesnt work properly and I've explained why a few times on here.

Now XPLAY plex is stable on my LG OLED this is actually a perfect solution for my 4K content as it turns HDR on and off on the TV, i havent found anything this cant play well yet so i'm happy with my current solution.

I did try NVIDA, I had a 1060 but I had all sorts of issues with it, KODI and otherwise, that last a 2 weeks before I sacked it off and got an RX480 which wouldnt hardware decode properly for months.

I've now been stable with ATI/MADVR/LAV FILTERS/KODI DS for nearly a year and i'm super happy with it, the only thing I hate is how long MADVR takes to start a movies, you get a black screen, then hear a bit of audio, then it stops and then the movie starts after a few seconds, you always miss a few seconds. If anyone has a fixed for this let me know.
Does DSPlayer not work with HLS streaming? I have a couple addons that use HLS and the video won't play. One of them I can switch to RTMP and then it works fine.

The same addons with HLS works fine with a regular Kodi build.
I just recently switched from base Kodi to DSPlayer, and I have one weird issue that's bugging me. I'm not sure if there is any way to fix it.

The issue is related to the RGB levels that my display supports. It only supports the limited range of 16-235. I have my GPU set to unlimited, and I let Kodi limit the color range. If I have my GPU limit the range instead, I get horrible banding in dark scenes.

Anyway, in standard Kodi, all that I need to do is toggle the display setting for limited color range, and everything's fine.

In DSPlayer, I need to toggle that same base Kodi setting to get my OSD and home screen to look right AND set madVR to limit the color range for the actual video playback.

This works fine, expect that every time I bring up the OSD while playing a video, the image gets double brightened and is super bright until the OSD disappears again. It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it is annoying. Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks!
(2017-07-29, 04:58)Unno Wrote: I just recently switched from base Kodi to DSPlayer, and I have one weird issue that's bugging me. I'm not sure if there is any way to fix it.

The issue is related to the RGB levels that my display supports. It only supports the limited range of 16-235. I have my GPU set to unlimited, and I let Kodi limit the color range. If I have my GPU limit the range instead, I get horrible banding in dark scenes.

Anyway, in standard Kodi, all that I need to do is toggle the display setting for limited color range, and everything's fine.

In DSPlayer, I need to toggle that same base Kodi setting to get my OSD and home screen to look right AND set madVR to limit the color range for the actual video playback.

This works fine, expect that every time I bring up the OSD while playing a video, the image gets double brightened and is super bright until the OSD disappears again. It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it is annoying. Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks!

Have you configured MadVR to limited range etc?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Can somebody check if the latest 64 bit build works with python addons? I have issue with nearly all of them complaining about failed SSL handshake including youtube

Code:
"17:50:38.395 T:8204  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.4.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.3) with Python 2.7.13
17:50:42.998 T:10168  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
17:50:42.998 T:10168   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661)"

certs.pem does not seem to be mangled, but it worth checking again.

Can anybody check if youtube works?

----

Same with anything that is curl based:

Code:
18:16:12.293 T:5944   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aracnoz/repository.dsplayer/master/addons.xml.md5
18:16:12.293 T:5944   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aracnoz/repository.dsplayer/master/addons.xml.md5>
18:16:12.293 T:5944   ERROR: CRepository: failed read 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/aracnoz/repository.dsplayer/master/addons.xml.md5'
18:16:15.767 T:3396   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)
18:16:15.772 T:3396   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[metadata.common.themoviedb.org]: MD5 mismatch after download. Expected 5fc8d4a087e86103fef30873b05671de, was D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E
18:17:19.668 T:1260   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting

----

Possible culprit: https://github.com/requests/requests/issues/3859

Can you rebuild the build with new openssl?

----

Update, replacing openssl with files from https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/openssl-1.0....-win64.zip fixed the issue
(2017-07-29, 11:52)oldpainless Wrote: Have you configured MadVR to limited range etc?

K

Yes, as I said, I have both madVR and Kodi configured to limited range. I need madVR configured to limited so that the actual video displays at the right levels, and I need Kodi configured to limited so that the home screen and stuff displays at the right levels. The issue is that whenever the OSD pops up during video playback, both filters are applied on top of each other, resulting in an overly limited and washed out image.

Aaron
Does anyone here use the Artic Zephyr skin with DSPlayer and noticed that all labels in the video options > Madvr window do not show up?
(2017-07-31, 05:54)Unno Wrote:
(2017-07-29, 11:52)oldpainless Wrote: Have you configured MadVR to limited range etc?

K

Yes, as I said, I have both madVR and Kodi configured to limited range. I need madVR configured to limited so that the actual video displays at the right levels, and I need Kodi configured to limited so that the home screen and stuff displays at the right levels. The issue is that whenever the OSD pops up during video playback, both filters are applied on top of each other, resulting in an overly limited and washed out image.

Aaron

GPU set to full?

Edit: I believe the answer is yes. This sounds like a bug in DSPlayer.
(2017-07-31, 05:54)Unno Wrote:

K

Aaron

Hi, firstly range on Kodi is irrelevant to an extent as this only changes the gui colour range, you can tell immediately when this is wrong but set this last, MADVR is rendering so KODI colour range is bypassed. Your settings in MADVR are determined by what your GFX card is set to and in turn what you TV is setup to.

here are are the most likely two scenarios.

1. You have your GFX card set to limited and 10 bit.

GFX - LIMITED
MADVR - 0-255
TV - depends on model, set your pc up first then check it with the black clipping pattern, my LG TV is set to "LOW"

2. 8 bit is enough and you dont want to play HDR from your PC

GFX - 4:4:4 FULL RGB
MADVR - 16-235
TV

I am currently using limted myself but I prefer 4:4:4, I was using this to demo 10 bit and HDR stuff which is a bit of a waste of time at the moment. The other reason for using limted is that using 4:4:4 crushes you desktop and there nothing you can do about it without playing with gamms settings and profiles but thats another story.

Use option 1 and get back to us, do it in this order.

Set your GPU to 4:2:0 10 bit, then set MADVR to 0-255, then play the black clipping pattern and check your TV. It will either be correct or too bright If I am right as mine is set to LOW on my LG TV. Last of all load KODI, if the GUI is washed turn 16-235 off.

hope this helps.
  • 327(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47