• 339(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Is there a way to use two audio outputs simultaneously at same time with DSplayer? I would like to have optical receiver in one room and hdmi tv in another room.
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me out.
I have created an account on Doom9 for this specific issue but I have to wait 5 days to post anything on the forums so I can't quite ask @madshi my question. And since this happens in madVR in DSplayer I was wondering if anyone has encountered the same thing.

Basically I have a few HEVC 10bit encoded files running in 1080p at 29.97fps. These particular files drops the render que to 1-2/3 even when render time is like 20-30ms.. Resulting in frame dropsI have tested loads of 23.97fps HEVC 10bit 1080 files and they all run perfectly fine with a full render que. This leads me to believe the framerate is taxing my GeForce 1070 in some way? Even thought it doesn't seem like the card is working that hard and all que's are filled except for render, leading to present que being almost empty too.

Can anyone offer me an explanation on this? Would 29.97fps be THAT much harder to fill render que? I don't quite understand.

I've also tried lower res 480p files in 29.97fps and these scale fine to 4K and fills render que. Is this related to the weird combination of 1080p and 29.97fps? I understand this is not a combination that would be used today. But these are very old series originally on dvd in 480p these were upscaled to 1080p so they maintan their old fps and therefore ends up a bit "special" by today's standards.

I run in 10bit D3D11 exclusive mode on DXVA11 btw. and madVR scales to 4K and like I said, all my 23.97 content works just fine.

Let me know if I need to upload one of the files for you guys or if you need some logs or something. That is if I can find them, I couldn't when I was looking earlier so if you guys know where madVR outputs logfiles too that'd be great.

I've also tried windowed mode and changing the "present frames" settings to higher or lower in madVR panel. :| D3D9 exhibits the same behavior. I've also clean installed newest nVidia driver and was on previous driver before so it isn't the driver either.. I'm at a loss here.

I run an Ivy Bridge 3570K and a GTX 1070, I honestly can't see what would cause the render que to run so low since it fills up just fine on anything else.

Any input would be appreciated.

Now..

(2017-09-21, 15:28)Cynwrig Wrote: Is there a way to use two audio outputs simultaneously at same time with DSplayer? I would like to have optical receiver in one room and hdmi tv in another room.

I would recommend you take a look at "Stereo Mix" recording device in Windows to achieve what you need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...edd?auth=1
@curael- have you tried lowering your settings (if using NGU try high or med).

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-09-25, 11:40)oldpainless Wrote: @curael- have you tried lowering your settings (if using NGU try high or med).

K

Dearest K.

Thank you! That was all it took. Holy damn. Didn't expect 23.97 -> 29.97 would see such a significant loss in render que attributed to very high setting. Damn. I simply couldn't believe it nor did I consider it a solution until you mentioned it. Not that many frames in between the two.

Thanks again!
(2017-09-25, 11:16)curael Wrote: I would recommend you take a look at "Stereo Mix" recording device in Windows to achieve what you need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...edd?auth=1

I already tried that, but it doesn't work with digital optical output... Sad
(2017-09-25, 17:59)curael Wrote:
(2017-09-25, 11:40)oldpainless Wrote: @curael- have you tried lowering your settings (if using NGU try high or med).

K

Dearest K.

Thank you! That was all it took. Holy damn. Didn't expect 23.97 -> 29.97 would see such a significant loss in render que attributed to very high setting. Damn. I simply couldn't believe it nor did I consider it a solution until you mentioned it. Not that many frames in between the two.

Thanks again!

Glad it solved it.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-09-06, 16:42)lexiconman Wrote: Anyone having trouble getting Fullscreen Exclusive D3D11 to engage properly? I'm using madVR and with MPC-HC standalone, my 3d and 2d .mkvs play as expected in Fullscreen Exclusive (D3D11). When I try to use DSplayer/Kodi, no matter what settings I have selected in Kodi (e.g., load madVR profile, never, DSPlayer profile), I'm only getting D3D11 window (8 bit) mode for 3D content. If I select "Never" in the DSplayer option that deals with madVR profiles, then I can get 2D content to play in Exclusive mode, but I've not found any combination of settings (madVR, LAV, or Kodi) that get me into fullscreen exclusive for 3D MVC .mkvs.

yes!!! struggled wih this for a while on Jriver media center. v22 FSE always engaged.

mc23 it never would engage for 3D playback and would most of the time for 2d.

between madshi and hendrik (author of lav) i got it working by configuring jriver media center to pause for 10s when starting playback because my tv takes too much time to change resolution. at 2s it never worked. at 5s it was better. at 10s it is solid now and FSE always engages for me now with madvr.

i suspect maybe it’s the same problem here. iirc, kodi has a playback delay you can set when changing resolution/refresh rate?
if his version of kodi is using latest lav and madvr, then it should now be the second fork of kodi to support mvc 3D. has anyone tried it?
Yes, it definitely can play MVC 3D content, but there are issues with 4K displays and scaling. If I run my projector in 1080p, and do not upscale to 4k through madVR, then it plays beautifully. If i'm natively in 4k, then the 3D content will still play, but it's scaled incorrectly even though the display does change resolution automatically to 1080p frame packed mode. I've been trying to get a night free to debug a bit more to help diagnose the problem, but work has been crazy these past weeks.
(2017-09-28, 16:50)lexiconman Wrote: Yes, it definitely can play MVC 3D content, but there are issues with 4K displays and scaling. If I run my projector in 1080p, and do not upscale to 4k through madVR, then it plays beautifully. If i'm natively in 4k, then the 3D content will still play, but it's scaled incorrectly even though the display does change resolution automatically to 1080p frame packed mode. I've been trying to get a night free to debug a bit more to help diagnose the problem, but work has been crazy these past weeks.

you have literally described the issue i have with jriver.  

only solution is to use madvr in full screen exclusive mode and tell jriver to delay playback by 10s while everything synchs up while switching resolution and refresh rate.  it was annoying me for weeks until one of their devs suggested it

but exact same problem.

on rare occasion i had 3d working in windowed mode but could not figure out the reliable combination of settings
New version of Madvr out with some mind blowing additions......hope there is an update to dsplayer madvr script.

K

Update - thanks Arcanoz for the script update.
I just upgraded from kodi dsplayer 16.1 to 17.4 I also switched from using reclock as the audio renderer to the built in sanear. My question is, how to configure Sanear? I would like to upsample to 96 kHz and 24 bit int padded to 32 like I did in reclock as this sounded really great (I know this is subjective). How can I make Sanear upsample to 96 kHz?
(2017-10-10, 14:20)tingtong5 Wrote: I just upgraded from kodi dsplayer 16.1 to 17.4 I also switched from using reclock as the audio renderer to the built in sanear. My question is, how to configure Sanear? I would like to upsample to 96 kHz and 24 bit int padded to 32 like I did in reclock as this sounded really great (I know this is subjective). How can I make Sanear upsample to 96 kHz?

Dont know if you can with Sanear as its mainly for bit streaming, but if you right click audio playback devices in windows, select the device being used and go to advanced, you can change output settings to 96 khz there.

Dont know if that helps.

K
Does anyone know what command line to use in order to pause/play toggle video playback via remote commands?  The below command only works for the native Kodi player (only music):

Code:
curl.exe -i -X POST -d "{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.PlayPause", "params": { "playerid": 0 }, "id": 1}" -H "content-type:application/json" http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc

Thanks in advance!
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, might be Kodi, might be DSplayer.. Any way to set a period of time before playback starts? Like.. It takes a while for my TV to change resolution and I can miss up to 5 seconds of dialogue before and image shows up on screen. It would be idea if I could tell Kodi or DSplayer to just wait with playback for a set period of time.

Appreciate it guys. Smile
  • 339(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47