• 341(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-10-18, 18:42)Talguy Wrote: Ok guys since I am entering into the 4K HDR world with my recent purchase of an GTX1060 and a LG OLED B7A, I have a few question about setting up windows and Madvr to transmit 4K HDR video to my display.  What windows settings for graphics and HDR do I need to do and what basic Madvr settings should I be aware of.  Also does anyone know of the LAV Filters version I should be running to work with 4K and x265 encoded videos?

try 385.41 - working here with the fall update (1709) for HDR (windows HDR slider off, and entire chain set to Full). Use latest LAV filters and use DX11 Native for hardware decoding and you should be good to go.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hey guys,

maybe someone can help.

I'm running Kodi 17.4 DSPlayer with madVR, LAV Filters, XySubfilter on Windows 10 with a Nvidia GT 1030 card and latest driver.
Desktop resolution is set to 4K native with RGB full.

HDR was not recognized.

So i switched Desktop to 1080p with RGB full and 12 Bit.
HDR was recognized fine and is switching on/off automatically.
But i only can play one 4K file.
If i stop the file and play the next one i will go back to my desktop in 4K resolution and the left top quarter is just black.
Have to kill kodi in taskmanager.

Then i switched back to desktop 4K resolution with RGB full.
I noticed the colordepht entry is just grey, it did not switch back to 8 bit automatically.

But HDR still plays fine on/off automatically, even after a reboot.

So switching to 1080p and back to 4K is the resolution for HDR.

My problem is TV Levels/PC Levels and normal SD, HD and 4K movies.

When i set madVR to PC Levels normal SD and HD movies looking fine, but HDR is to dark and a lots of details are missing.
When i set madVR to TV Levels normal SD and HD movies looking to bright or as they have to much contrast, but HDR is correct with right brightnes and colors.

How can i fix this?

Is it possible that madVR switch between PC and TV Levels depending on which kind of file is played?
Maybe by a rule or something like that?

Or do i need other settings in madVR?

Thanks
@Fack0rli - see my post above yours.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-10-19, 08:53)oldpainless Wrote: @Fack0rli - see my post above yours.

K

Thank you but that still not helps at all.
HDR is recognized fine now everytime, but brightnes and contrast is messed up with HD/4K

Was messing around again for about 2 hours...

Full range (0-255)

HD ok:

HDR to dark/details missing:

Limited (16-236)

HDR ok:

HD to bright/to much contrast/grey vail:

How can i fix this?
(2017-10-17, 17:58)stoolzo Wrote: Main issues:

1. 4k playback often plays movie in top left hand side of screen, doesn't scale properly, also does this sometimes with 1080p stuff.

2.Myy ATI RX550 doesnt seem to play nice with MADVR and LAV filters, getting really high cpu and some glitching with 4K stuff with pretty much anything higher than laczos scaling factors, I would have thought this card would have enough grunt to crunch through MADVR but apparently not.

3. Slow to start movies, gradually getting worse not better, sometimes it hangs, sometimes it drops back to KODI and doesnt load at all.

4. Black screen on stop and I loose HDMI handshake intermittently, some days its fine, doesnt happen with MPC or stock KODI, only MADVR and DS

I have the same issues, with:
- Windows 10 64bits Fall creator edition 1709, GPU card GTX 1070, Nvidia driver 385.41
- Kodi dsplayer 17.4 32bits, Madvr 0.92.7, Madvr config : DX11 mode with or without Full screen exclusive
- TV : LG Oled 55C6V 4K HDR, AVR yamaha Rx-v481

I definitely have issues #1 and #4. I have the feeling that i have also issue #3.
I thought it came from a defect of my HDMI cable (have changed it) or the HDMI socket of the TV or my AVR causing the hdmi handshake problem.

At least I managed to have HDR working after many settings changes in Nvidia console and madvr config.
(2017-10-19, 21:21)san70 Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 17:58)stoolzo Wrote: Main issues:

1. 4k playback often plays movie in top left hand side of screen, doesn't scale properly, also does this sometimes with 1080p stuff.

2.Myy ATI RX550 doesnt seem to play nice with MADVR and LAV filters, getting really high cpu and some glitching with 4K stuff with pretty much anything higher than laczos scaling factors, I would have thought this card would have enough grunt to crunch through MADVR but apparently not.

3. Slow to start movies, gradually getting worse not better, sometimes it hangs, sometimes it drops back to KODI and doesnt load at all.

4. Black screen on stop and I loose HDMI handshake intermittently, some days its fine, doesnt happen with MPC or stock KODI, only MADVR and DS

I have the same issues, with:
- Windows 10 64bits Fall creator edition 1709, GPU card GTX 1070, Nvidia driver 385.41
- Kodi dsplayer 17.4 32bits, Madvr 0.92.7, Madvr config : DX11 mode with or without Full screen exclusive
- TV : LG Oled 55C6V 4K HDR, AVR yamaha Rx-v481

I definitely have issues #1 and #4. I have the feeling that i have also issue #3.
I thought it came from a defect of my HDMI cable (have changed it) or the HDMI socket of the TV or my AVR causing the hdmi handshake problem.

At least I managed to have HDR working after many settings changes in Nvidia console and madvr config.

Got the the most annoying one fixed, black screen on 3D playback stop and sometimes on change from 1080p / 2160p and back, mainly 3D movies though. 

I dropped back to  0.69 LAV and MADVR v0.90.18, these versions came out about the same time so match up well. However where that fixed the black screen in MPC-BE and MPC-HC it broke KODI, KODI then loaded with a black screen, had to use DEVCON reset to get a screen. 

KODI fix was easy though,  a fresh install of KODI DS into a brand new folder and then just copied the portable data in, start and worked fine.

Still got the 4k issue and the slow loading of movies but the slow loading is better now, takes about half the time it did, I suspect later version of LAV and MADVR are a bit buggy, they'll probbaly get fixed eventually.
for me it's all ok.
I have the Win10 FCU + nvidia driver 385.41 + latest madvr  + latest nightly LAV Filter + Kodi DSPlayer 17.4
nVidia GTX 1070

TV Samsung set to UHD Color enable and HDMI set to BluRay player end not to PC
HDR Side in windows disable
MadVr set to HDR Auto
nVidia Control Panel set to YCbCr422 - 12 bit

HDR works very well and normal videos too
(2017-10-19, 08:04)oldpainless Wrote:
(2017-10-18, 18:42)Talguy Wrote: Ok guys since I am entering into the 4K HDR world with my recent purchase of an GTX1060 and a LG OLED B7A, I have a few question about setting up windows and Madvr to transmit 4K HDR video to my display.  What windows settings for graphics and HDR do I need to do and what basic Madvr settings should I be aware of.  Also does anyone know of the LAV Filters version I should be running to work with 4K and x265 encoded videos?

try 385.41 - working here with the fall update (1709) for HDR (windows HDR slider off, and entire chain set to Full). Use latest LAV filters and use DX11 Native for hardware decoding and you should be good to go.

K

Thanks I downgraded to those drivers from the latest versions.  What is weird is I can't find the HDR slider in Windows settings.  Not sure what the reason is or if its because I'm using a Windows 10 Education version I got off my sister's school account for free when building the new machine.  Who knows.

So somethings I noticed last night, when playing an HDR movie the TV transitions to HDR mode just fine.  However, sometimes when I stop the movie it leaves the TV in HDR mode causing the Kodi interface to look over saturated.  Also sometimes when I stop a 4k HDR movie Madvr causes the TV only display a black screen.  This black screen issues is not as bad since I rolled back the drivers to 385.41 compared to running the latest.  Is anyone experiencing this or is it just me?

Also I noticed in the Nvidia Control panel I can't set the bit output greater than 8bit in RGB mode. I do have my desktop resolution setup to be 3840x2160 do you think this is the cause for that?

My Specs are as follows:
i7-930
Asus P65D
12 GB RAM
EVGA GTX1060 SC 6GB
LG OLED 65" B7A
@ Talguy - are you on the Fall Update?

K
(2017-10-19, 21:08)Fack0rli Wrote:
(2017-10-19, 08:53)oldpainless Wrote: @Fack0rli - see my post above yours.

K

Thank you but that still not helps at all.
HDR is recognized fine now everytime, but brightnes and contrast is messed up with HD/4K

Was messing around again for about 2 hours...

Full range (0-255)

HD ok:

HDR to dark/details missing:

Limited (16-236)

HDR ok:

HD to bright/to much contrast/grey vail:

How can i fix this?

Make sure everything is set to full range rgb...play the hdr file and pause - on your tv remote, make sure HDMI black level is  set to low (mine has settings for non-hdr and hdr).

K
(2017-10-21, 08:24)oldpainless Wrote: @ Talguy - are you on the Fall Update?

K

I'm on 1703.  Not sure if thats the fall update.  I did a software update check and it says I'm on the latest.  Last night Madvr decided to cooperate with me and always transistioned back to SDR no matter what play state I was in when I pressed the stop button.  Man did GoG2 look great on my TV with that 4K HDR.
(2017-10-21, 14:34)Talguy Wrote:

K

I'm on 1703.  Not sure if thats the fall update.  I did a software update check and it says I'm on the latest.  Last night Madvr decided to cooperate with me and always transistioned back to SDR no matter what play state I was in when I pressed the stop button.  Man did GoG2 look great on my TV with that 4K HDR.

Cool.

K
(2017-10-21, 14:34)Talguy Wrote:

K

Nope, 1703 it's Spring update. I know as I am on it and I deferred feature updates for 18 monhts (Business Branch + 365 days of deferring).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I need to enable live TV support for DSPlayer. How can i do this?
Update: DSPlayer 17.5 Krypton

24 October 2017 (x86-4783bcc) (x64-930c874)
  • General improvements and fixes for DSPlayer Dialog and OSD
  • General improvements for madVR settings handling
  • General improvements for DSPlayer code and IDSPlayer interface
  • Refactor DSPlayer change resolution
  • Update DialogProcessInfo to show more detailed audio codec name (e.g. DTS-HD, TrueHD)
  • Updated madvrsettings v1.0.4 (madVR 0.92.7)
  • Updated internal Sanear to v0.3 (DSPlayer build 9ab8c9c)
  • Updated internal LavFilters to v0.70.2.80 (DSPlayer version)
  • Fixed DialogProcessInfo HW/SW label could be wrong when lavfilter fallback to a different decoder
  • Fixed GUI may flicker while EVR Playback with some Intel Graphics
  • Fixed play media without audio (x64)
  • Merged with the official Kodi 17.5 Krypton Final
  • 341(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47