• 365(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
So ReClock is working fine now, thx for the hint.

So dsplayer does not have any audio compression as far as I see. Having very dynamic speakers that is a big problem for me because of the neighbors. Any hints on how to get a compressor installed into dsplayer?
@((( atom )))

Same here. For Non-MadVR cases i solve the insane dynamic range with KODI VolumeAmplification +10dB and KODI main volume -7,8dB (great results for movies! LPCM setup).

Of course this does not work with the DSPlayer-MadVR-combination, so i searched for an equivalent solution.

Ended up with - in short:
KODI DSPlayer with MadVR:
- Install AC3Filter for Audio (can be configured as additional filter in KODI DSPlayer)
- Setup AC3Filter (which receives LPCM uncompressed audio if configured correctly) with Gain Master +10dB (Don't(!) use the DRC feature as i did not find it very useful for similar results as mentioned above. Only use Gain Master +10dB)
- Setup AC3Filter second tab: Auto gain control (prevents clipping, should be enabled by default)
- Check AC3Filter config for unwanted settings like bass redirection. There are some strange default settings which i had to disable because i don't want them.
- Set internal KODI volume to -7,8dB
- Results are VERY similar to the internal KODI solution mentioned at the beginning of the post which i've been using for years.

Don't have the time atm for more info, if you're interested i'm happy to post setup screenshots for the AC3Filter setup at a later point.

Greets
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
OK, thanks for the info. I myself have never been very satisfied with the kodi internal compression, but compressing movie audio is also a very difficult task. I will start with your suggestion but I would still love to have a "real" compressor with standard compressor settings in the chain..
Bear in mind that LAVFilters can apply DRC in formats that support it (AC3 and EAC3). It's in the main tab of audio filter configuration.

An alternative could be adding ffdshow audio and use its normalize feature (in the volume config panel). In that case you would lose bitstreaming (but I guess you are not bitstreaming, otherwise you could use the DRC feature of you AVR).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2018-02-13, 17:14)((( atom ))) Wrote: So ReClock is working fine now, thx for the hint.

So dsplayer does not have any audio compression as far as I see. Having very dynamic speakers that is a big problem for me because of the neighbors. Any hints on how to get a compressor installed into dsplayer?
 Reclock can do it.
(2018-02-13, 11:27)goodton Wrote: HDR-implementation with 388.xx -driver is buggy. You need an older 385.xx -driver or the latest 390.xx to make it work correctly.

Thank you for your reply!
This is so strange, according to nvidia I had latest drivers, now visiting geforce instead I found 390.77! 🤨🤔
Downloading now, will report back!

Kind regards, Victor
Sorry, no difference, still exactly the same..

/Victor
Hi there.  I'm Recently back to Kodi from Plex Media Player because I needed a madVR enabled player to play my UHD rips as HEVC MKVs.  I'm just getting DSPlayer set up for this and so far everything seems on track except that when I stop a 4K movie, HDR remains on and resolution doesn't pop back to the default 1080p.  I've got to exit all the way out of Kodi and come back in to return to normal settings.  I though it was a driver issue since users on the Plex forum said they had the same issue but that it was fixed with the Nvidia 390.65 driver, however neither the latest 390.77 or rolling back to 390.65 have fixed the problem for me.  Any other ideas on how to fix this?  I'm using DSPlayer w/the Plex for Kodi add-on on Win 7 with a 750 ti until my new 1030 arrives next week.  Thanks!
does anyone know why this happens on fast forwarding/seeking and how i can fix it?

only happens on some anime mkv files, and only on dsplayer (when i play using VideoPlayer it works fine)

heres mediainfo of file if that helps
Code:
Format                      : Matroska
Format version              : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                   : 347 MiB
Duration                    : 22 min 8 s
Overall bit rate            : 2 193 kb/s
Encoded date                : UTC 2018-02-07 20:01:50
Writing application         : mkvmerge v14.0.0 ('Flow') 64bit
Writing library             : libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5
Attachments                 : AdobeGothicStd-Bold.otf / Aller.ttf / anja.TTF / A-OTF-Jun34Pro-Medium-Kami.ttf / A-OTF-KYOKAICAPRO-REGULAR-Ilya.ttf / A-OTF-ShinMGoPro-Bold-PlzIri.ttf / arial.ttf / ArnovaITC TT.ttf / Artbrush.ttf / Barthowheel Regular.ttf / BRLNSDB.TTF / CascadeScriptLTStdPL.ttf / Chinela Brush.ttf / ComickBook_Simple.ttf / ConferenceD.TTF / D3Streetism.TTF / Da Streets.ttf / DansHandWriting.ttf / DFCraftYu7-Kami.ttf / DFPMaruGothic-W6-Kami.ttf / DISTInkingFxd-Bold.otf / Dosis-Bold.ttf / FOT-KOKINHIGESTD-EB-ILYA.OTF / FOT-KUROKANESTD-EB-ILYA.ttf / FOT-MANYOGYOSHOSTD-E-EN.ttf / FOT-POPJOYSTD-B-ILYA.ttf / FOT-SkipStd-B-CP.ttf / G-OTF-GJun34Pro-Medium-Toaru.ttf / Grilled Cheese BTN Cond.otf / Hand Of Sean Pro.otf / Hashtag.ttf / HeiMaruGAnoHana.ttf / HeiseiMaruGoStd-W4-NakaImo.ttf / Imperator Bold.ttf / Imperator.ttf / IwaNGoPro-Bd-CP.ttf / IwaNGoPro-Eb-CP.ttf / IwaNGoProEn-Md.otf / IwaNGoPro-Md-AW.ttf / IwaOMinPro-Hv-Fate.ttf / IwaRGoPro-Db-Toaru.ttf / JandaCurlygirlChunky.ttf / Japonesa.ttf / KFHIMAJI-FFF-MOD.TTF / KGBlankSpaceSolid.ttf / KozMinPr6N-Heavy-CP.ttf / KOZUKAGOTHICPROM-ENG-MEDIUM.TTF / KozukaMinchoProStrp-B.otf / LEHN075.TTF / MATILDAB.TTF / ObelixPro-cyr.ttf / OpenSans-Semibold.ttf / pastel crayon.ttf / PFReminderPro2-Medium.ttf / Polo Brush.ttf / Profile-Medium.otf / Profile-MediumItalic.otf / PT_Sans-Web-Bold.ttf / PT_Sans-Web-BoldItalic.ttf / RolandBecker Bold.ttf / Rosario-Bold.otf / Rumpelstiltskin.ttf / sharkformalfunnyness.ttf / SketchFlow Print.ttf / SmudgerLet.TTF / SubSymbol.ttf / SWZ721BR.TTF / TanukiMagic-CP.ttf / ThrowMyHandsUpInTheAir-CP.ttf / Urban Stone.otf / whatever it takes.ttf

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : High 4:4:4 [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames   : 10 frames
Codec ID                    : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                    : 1 790 kb/s
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Constant
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:4:4
Bit depth                   : 10 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.036
Stream size                 : 283 MiB (82%)
Writing library             : x264 core 148 r2705+54 9f484c1 t_mod_Custom [10-bit@all X86_64]
Encoding settings           : cabac=1 / ref=10 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=0.25 / psy_rd=0.60:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=4 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / fgo=0 / bframes=10 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=45 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=25.0000 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=0:0:0 / qpmax=81:81:81 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=3:1.10 / aq-sensitivity=10.00 / aq-factor=1.00:1.00:1.00 / aq2=0 / aq3=0
Language                    : English
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

Audio #1
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : LC
Codec ID                    : A_AAC
Bit rate                    : 103 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                  : 43.066 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 16.3 MiB (5%)
Language                    : Japanese

Audio #2
ID                          : 3
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : LC
Codec ID                    : A_AAC
Bit rate                    : 85.6 kb/s
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                  : 43.066 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 13.6 MiB (4%)
Title                       : Commentary
Language                    : Japanese
Default                     : No

Text
ID                          : 4
Format                      : ASS
Codec ID                    : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info               : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Duration                    : 21 min 43 s
Bit rate                    : 45.5 kb/s
Count of elements           : 896
Compression mode            : Lossless
Stream size                 : 7.07 MiB (2%)
Title                       : English
Language                    : English
Forced                      : Yes

Menu
00:00:00.000                : en:Intro / en:Ending
00:05:17.984                : en:A Part
00:11:36.028                : en:B Part
00:21:51.977                : en:Preview

also heres a debug log

https://pastebin.com/HV7rifDy
I have a quick question:
After getting everything set up correctly with my GT1030 (including 4K HDR!), I would like to use madVR with Kodi 18 (because I´m still on Kodi 18...).
Is there any plan, to release a Kodi 18 DSPlayer build?
Or are there any considerations, when Kodi 18 DSPlayer will be released (maybe when Kodi 18 is beta, RC, final, ...)?

Thanks so much for this really good build!
(2018-02-16, 14:06)junias Wrote: I have a quick question:
After getting everything set up correctly with my GT1030 (including 4K HDR!), I would like to use madVR with Kodi 18 (because I´m still on Kodi 18...).
Is there any plan, to release a Kodi 18 DSPlayer build?
Or are there any considerations, when Kodi 18 DSPlayer will be released (maybe when Kodi 18 is beta, RC, final, ...)?

Thanks so much for this really good build!
There is no active developer.  The old developer may issue a build for 18 when it's final, assuming it's an easy process to do.
Hi again.  Another noob question, sorry.  I'm trying to set up VideoPlayer merits rules under the DSPlayer settings so that DSPlayer will be the default player only for 4K HEVC while the regular Kodi player will be used for everything else.  I've used the playercorefactory.xml to launch external players in the past so I'm not totally new to this and it appears this is just another way to the same thing through the GUI, however I'm not understanding the basic logic here.  Does "VideoPlayer" here refer to DSPlayer or to DVDPlayer (that's still the name of the default Kodi player, right?) -- ie. am I creating a rule for everything DSPlayer will play by default, or am I creating rules for the exceptions that DVDPlayer will open instead?  So far I've tried it both ways and DSPlayer still opens everything no matter what I enter.  

Treating VideoPlayer to mean DSPlayer (ie. affirmative rule):
rule name: 4K HEVC | file name: *.4k* | video codec: h265 | video button: on

Treating VideoPlayer to mean DVDPlayer (ie. exceptions rules):
rule name: H264 | video codec: h264 | video button: on
rule name: VC-1 | video codec: vc-1 | video button: on
rule name: MPEG2 | video codec: mpeg 2 | video button: on

As I said, either way I try it's still opening DSPlayer for everything.  So which is the right approach and what am I missing?
No one that got the same problem? Every time I go afk and come back my dsplayer playback is off centered. Bottom is cut off and black bar at top please help...
Is it possible to port my heavily configured Kodi build into a DSPlayer install?
(2018-02-16, 18:01)ElJimador Wrote: Hi again.  Another noob question, sorry.  I'm trying to set up VideoPlayer merits rules under the DSPlayer settings so that DSPlayer will be the default player only for 4K HEVC while the regular Kodi player will be used for everything else.  I've used the playercorefactory.xml to launch external players in the past so I'm not totally new to this and it appears this is just another way to the same thing through the GUI, however I'm not understanding the basic logic here.  Does "VideoPlayer" here refer to DSPlayer or to DVDPlayer (that's still the name of the default Kodi player, right?) -- ie. am I creating a rule for everything DSPlayer will play by default, or am I creating rules for the exceptions that DVDPlayer will open instead?  So far I've tried it both ways and DSPlayer still opens everything no matter what I enter.  

Treating VideoPlayer to mean DSPlayer (ie. affirmative rule):
rule name: 4K HEVC | file name: *.4k* | video codec: h265 | video button: on

Treating VideoPlayer to mean DVDPlayer (ie. exceptions rules):
rule name: H264 | video codec: h264 | video button: on
rule name: VC-1 | video codec: vc-1 | video button: on
rule name: MPEG2 | video codec: mpeg 2 | video button: on

As I said, either way I try it's still opening DSPlayer for everything.  So which is the right approach and what am I missing?
 Alright I figured out the logic (VideoPlayer = former DVDPlayer and the merit rules tell it what to open in that vs. DSPlayer).  However it doesn't appear the Plex for Kodi add-on will let you use both players to open up different file types.  Setting the rules by video codec didn't work at all even in DSPlayer.  Setting the rules by tags in file names, I was originally doing them incorrectly as in my first example above (ie. *.dvd*, etc.) and both in DSPlayer and through the Plex for Kodi add-on, it would then open all files with VideoPlayer regardless of the rule.  Then when I corrected them to .*dvd.* etc., DSPlayer read the rules correctly and works fine but through the Plex for Kodi add-on, everything now opens in DSPlayer only.  

So it appears no matter what that Plex for Kodi makes you use all one player or the other, not both.  So it's not a DSPlayer issue per se but if anyone here has attempted a similar setup and got it to work, I'd still appreciate any help I can get.  Otherwise I'll search around the Plex forum or if there's a Plex for Kodi board or thread here to see someone there can help me.
  • 365(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47