• 372(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2018-03-07, 22:20)mkohman Wrote: Thank you for the detailed information really appreciate it .. The projector is a JVC x5900 so I know thats's good.. I understand I need to purchase a 18gbps HDMI 2.0 cable that's ok, the processor I have is the Anthem AVM60 which supports 4K HDR and has passthrough which is also ok.. So the 1050ti was the card I had on my mind anyway.. However is there anything else you would reccomend with madVR or would you say this is all I need if I am watching only Blur Ray movies in 4K and HDR? Thanks.. 

Also I have a Zotac H55 motherboard (https://www.zotac.com/dk/product/mainboa...5-itx-wifi) can you please advise if this is ok? or if not which is recomended.. Thank you.
thats some set up you have there :-)

about the motherboard. i would be worried about the wifi card sharing resources with the graphics card slot. i cant see the full specs on the slot but from what i can see in pictures it states 16x as there is no information in the specs.

with the graphics slot being where it is your going to have physical limitations as in the size of the graphics card you can use as the slot sits very close to other components such as your processor cooler. i'm assuming that the case is tiny so you will also need a low height card as well. so you need a low profile single slot 1050ti... i dont think such a thing exists but i could be wrong.

if where me i would be building something else in a bigger proper htpc case with a different motherboard but use the components you have such as the i3 and memory in the new one.
(2018-03-07, 21:07)brazen1 Wrote: Good to know.  Can you play the 'Camp' video too?  #11 in the 4k section  Samples (wiki) unless you have any of The Hunger Games UHD HDR titles ripped 1:1.

Please check from your 1050Ti and your 1050 2GB.  Guessing the two are the same isn't a confirmation and 2160p HDR is much more demanding than 1080p SDR.

Also, some time back you said you were finally successful using the official KODI 17.6 with madVR, MPC - BE and LAV Filters when used with a playercorefactory.xml.  This sounds similar if not exactly the method listed in my guide although you gave no hint of also using the .bats I supply for 3D, probably because you are not interested in 3D?  You said you were anxious to use the DSPlayer method here and see it too works well for you and would report back.  Did you happen to follow through yet?  Interested to read your conclusions.
i have used both x64 and x86 versions of dsplayer configured with madvr and both are buggy.

the most stable version i have found is:
kodi 17.6 x86 using playerfactory.xml to launch mpc-be
mpc.be x64 (portable) put in the players directory in kodi
madvr placed in the players directory in kodi

i have found that there is no need for LAV filters.

i'm not interested in 3d :-)

the link to 'camp' is down so cant download it and try. i dont own hungergames in 4k but i do own guardians 2 which plays perfect in 1-1 mkv format.
ooohh forgot to say the new amp Denon AVRX2400 is on its way and with luck should be here for the weekend. once its set up i'll conduct more tests.
I have GOTG2 in 3D and it isn't difficult to decode like The Hunger Games in HDR.  Can't compare your version but I know Camp is relative.  Yeah the link is broken it appears but you can google Sony HDR camp video and find it.  If you're not using LAV Filters (required for 3D frame packed, but I understand you don't use 3D), how are you selecting things like your hardware decoder such as copy back vs D3D11 for instance?

So DSPlayer doesn't work too well for you but official KODI and the separate components like I've been doing it do.  Interesting.  I've never used DSPlayer.  I always assumed it worked perfectly too from what I read.  The only thing I see you doing different other than omitting LAV filters is using a portable version of MPC.  What is the benefit to just not installing it?  Or, what is the detriment installing it?  Never used portable.  I see you like to put that and madVR in the KODI directory.  Any benefit to that other than maybe organization?  I ask because I'd install them to the root of C: which I assume would have faster load times rather than drilled down deep in a KODI program folder but in real world usage maybe it makes no difference or a big one I'm not aware of?  Is there a useful function that opens up when placed in that player directory?  I see the default videoplayer folder is in there but it's empty.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
from what i understand (which is not much) about the 'videoplayer directory in kodi, its there to put dll's in to tell the default player to do instructions in the background. for instance placing the files from makemkv so it unlocks bluray for playback by disc. i played with it but could not get it to work.

if you need playback via silver disc in kodi then the only thing i found that works is dvdfab passkey but you need to pay for it.

windows is causing me mega headache. mpc-be+madvr works perfect. if i use kodi to launch it as a standalone player then kodi throws a tantrum and results in two scenarios. first is kodi will mostly drop to the task bar on exit of player or second it will reduce to a 'window box' on the desktop.

i get the first play of files and everything works as should then the second play results in either of the two listed above which can be random.

funny thing is i do not get this behaviour on my 'daily computer'. its just the dedicated kodi computer down the stairs.

the only things that are different are monitor instead of tv, better graphics card down the stair and i'm full 'administrator' in the win10 account on my 'daily'
(2018-03-08, 16:36)Bibio Wrote: from what i understand (which is not much) about the 'videoplayer directory in kodi, its there to put dll's in to tell the default player to do instructions in the background. for instance placing the files from makemkv so it unlocks bluray for playback by disc. i played with it but could not get it to work.

if you need playback via silver disc in kodi then the only thing i found that works is dvdfab passkey but you need to pay for it.

windows is causing me mega headache. mpc-be+madvr works perfect. if i use kodi to launch it as a standalone player then kodi throws a tantrum and results in two scenarios. first is kodi will mostly drop to the task bar on exit of player or second it will reduce to a 'window box' on the desktop.

i get the first play of files and everything works as should then the second play results in either of the two listed above which can be random.

funny thing is i do not get this behaviour on my 'daily computer'. its just the dedicated kodi computer down the stairs.

the only things that are different are monitor instead of tv, better graphics card down the stair and i'm full 'administrator' in the win10 account on my 'daily'
 Maybe you should try playing around with your playercorefactory.xml. I've noticed the one I posted in the How to section is different than the one used by Brazen in his How to in a few small ways. He still uses this method with recent releases of Kodi. I haven't tried it since Jarvis. Maybe the developers of Kodi have broken external players through neglect?
had a look at what Brazen has done and its mostly for 3d playback which i dont do. and my playerfactor works perfect on test partition upstairs which is set up exactly the same as downstairs setup.

i'm going to do more playing tonight and i'm beginning to suspect that the nvidia driver application sitting in the taskbar is causing the problems.

i will try turning off the nvidia driver application at startup.
i will try installing 'drivers only' instead of the application install.
Why is there a driver app sitting in the taskbar?  Do you mean the notification area aka system tray?  Easy to turn off in NCP but that won't make any difference.  What is the driver app at startup?  There is no reason not to d/l the drivers from NVidia and run the installer and use the clean install feature.  If you simply d/l it and unpack it and then update/install from device manager, you are going to have problems with omitted/corrupted registry entries and/or residual ones that further corrupt.  The installer knows this because it looks at your existing and then removes the entries making way for new ones.  You also never want to use the roll-back or update feature in there either.  Not when it comes to video drivers.  They couldn't make it any simpler and when trying to build a better mouse trap, you are not going to catch any mice by adding complications you thought were improvements. 

Fwiw, what I've done is not only for 3D.  It's also an avenue for auto starting .exe's like the passkey you use and anything else instead of loading when Windows starts.  I also use them because there is a bug that will probably never be addressed when coming out of HDR mode which is just like coming out of 3D mode in displays regarding subsequent playbacks.  You just indicated you only have problems on subsequent playbacks on a 2nd machine with a similar but different environment than the one that is problem free, mainly video card.  What kind of GPU is the problem child?

Interested in the playercorefactory you have written.  Mind sharing it with a little synopsis?  Here is what I'm currently using and how it works: 

PowerDVD 17 - SDR 2D and 3D iso's default and play full menus mimicking a physical disc exactly.  (I use this because DVDFab Player 3 cannot do frame packed 3D)
DVDFab Player 3 - UHD HDR iso's default and play full menus mimicking a physical disc exactly.  (I use this because I don't have special hardware required for PowerDVD UHD playback)
KODI videoplayer - defaults to play everything else.
MPC-BE - I select this player manually by pressing 'C' (mapped to 'Menu' on my remote) when I desire to override any of the defaults.  (When quality vs function is desired knowing it plays everything but no menus)
All four players serve a unique need when one desires to play everything offered with no caveats.  Each can be manually selected to play what you'd like provided it handles the given source.
I won't go into the .bats but you need them whether you use 3D or not.
Titles are marked as 'Watched' upon completion in the KODI library no matter which player was used.
Press play in the KODI library is all I do.  Everything is automated from there.  No resolution flipping around.  No HDR switching on/off.  No enable 3D or not.  No nothing.  Just press play.  KODI always returns to focus.  No minimizing.  No black boxes.  No resolution malfunctions.  No fullscreen/windowed/truefullscreen flipping.  8/10/12 bit depths automated for each player. Resolutions automated, set and forget.  Etc.

:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
     <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\PDVD3DISO.bat</filename>
       <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
     </player>
     <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\MPCBE3DISO.bat</filename>
     </player>
     <player name="DVDFab" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Media Player 3\FabPlayer.exe</filename>
     </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
     <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="DVDFab"/>
     <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|.*3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\MPC-BE\mpc-be.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
      <rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|ts" player="MPC-BE">
     </rule>
    </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

i take it the <playcountruntime> is to remember the point at which the movie was stopped so you can resume from that point or is it just a marker to say its been played after a certain time?
Individual players remember resume points in their logs and if you've enabled the feature in them.  That is a command for KODI watched status.  The value can be changed but it seems to be a popular length that more or less says 'I played enough to consider it reviewed enough to mark it watched'.  I thought your xml had something completely different going on.  You didn't provide answers for the other stuff I inquired.  Not sure I can help you anymore.

nope never said that my playerfactory was any different to the rest.

card in the upstairs computer is a Radion R7 250 1gig. card in the Downstairs HTPC is GTX 1050ti 4gig.

processor and memory in the PC upstairs is exactly the same as the downstairs HTPC.

i'm using a 1080p monitor upstairs. and a 65'' UHD HDR tv downstairs.

upstairs PC plays everything as it should excluding 4k HDR, it plays 4k but as you would expect is juddery and no HDR switching.
exiting the external player (MPC-BE+madVR) set in the playerfactory from within Kodi on the upstairs PC results in no problems.

downstairs PC plays everything as it should including 4k and HDR switching with no judder and is smooth playback.
the problem on the downstairs HTPC is that when exiting the external player from within Kodi results in very weird behaviour.
i will get first play of 4k HDR with no problems and exiting to Kodi is perfect.
Second play of 4k HDR results in 3 random behaviours when exiting the external player. one is that Kodi will minimise to the taskbar. another is that the resolution will drop to 800x600 or 1920x1080 then kodi will allow the taskbar to show. the other is that kodi will take itself out of full screen and resize to a small square on the desktop.

Kodi is set up as full screen 3840x2160. i have tried 1920x1080 and results are the same as above.

HD and SD content so far seems not to be affected.

i have been using kodi with the built in player and running on win7 for roughly the past 3 years without a glitch. i have also modded the xonfluence skin so i'm not adverse to doing a bit of codding. i'm not using the modded skin in the tests.

my new amp is here so will get everything hooked up tonight.
(2018-03-05, 04:45)Bibio Wrote: well well miracles do happen.. lol

done full wipe and install of new creators 10. installed latest nvidia drivers. mpc-be + madvr. only thing i changed was depth bit and hdr settings. once things were set and tested in mpc-be+madvr i then installed kodi + playerfactory.xml to get mpc-be+madvr launching from within kodi.

tada.. working perfectly connected direct to tv.

play hdr content and hdr switches on. stop playback and hdr turns off, just like it should. non hdr content does not turn hdr on.

playback is judder free and smooth as silk, colour is amazing (had to tweak the hdr a bit). playback is also very fast at handshaking.

now i wonder if kodi+dsplayer+madvr will work just the same as i really like how everything is integrated into kodi. thinks me is going to test it out.

Well it's obvious why your upstairs PC does not work properly.  Your AMD video card is insufficient when attempting to hardware decode modern video and from the sound of things, your CPU is insufficient to software decode also.  It doesn't matter the specs are the same as your semi working PC downstairs.  The different video card down there makes a huge difference because it is capable of playing modern video.

I can't help but notice you posted this above ^ after helping you originally.  You finally uninstalled your noncompliant AVR and installed W10 and say everything is perfect.  Now in your latest post you say you're back to having a slew of problems and using W7?  W7 is an antiquated O/S.  It isn't compliant with modern video either.  Modding a skin has nothing to do with either of your 2 different PC problems and installing a different AVR is not going to help until you fix the root of both of those errors.

Hey guys Im new to kodi and this forum, first of all thank you much for creating this branch of kodi allowing madvr with a already amazing media center. I am having one issue tho thats driving me nuts. MadVr is resetting everytime i play one of my movies thru dsplayer. Everything stays fine in mpc be but kodi chooses to reset most of the settings pertaining to quality and performance. Is this a setting or do you need more info? Thanks
i'm not using windows 7. i'm using windows 10 latest creators. i was using windows 7 on the HTPC before going 4k, i'm now using Windows 10.

before going 4k. i was using windows 7+kodi with no external player i had years of trouble free playback.

but as you say windows 7 is old and i very much doubt that it would support 4k+HDR playback. i might try it for a giggle :-)

everything was working but now its not :-(
only thing i messed about with was trying to get HD audio working via another hdmi port on the 1050ti (lets call it HDMI 2) connected to my amp. while another port on the 1050ti (lets call it HDMI 1) was connected to the tv.
this did not work no matter how i configured things. possibly HDCP 2.2 kicking in and messing things up.. i dont know.

i'll get everything hooked up with the new amp later tonight and do a fresh install again and see what happens. new amp is 4k, HDR and HDCP 2.2 compliant.
(2018-03-09, 17:43)El_Dude Wrote: Hey guys Im new to kodi and this forum, first of all thank you much for creating this branch of kodi allowing madvr with a already amazing media center. I am having one issue tho thats driving me nuts. MadVr is resetting everytime i play one of my movies thru dsplayer. Everything stays fine in mpc be but kodi chooses to reset most of the settings pertaining to quality and performance. Is this a setting or do you need more info? Thanks
 Not really sure whats causing the issue you have but what I will say though is dont bother making changes to MADVR in KODI DS itself,  chose "load from MADVR active profile) - this way your settings will be mirrored in both DS and MPC.

You can still make changes while playing a movie but these will update the MADVR database rather than the locally held one in DS.
  • 372(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47