• 407(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Thank you.. What is FLIRC?
(2018-04-11, 22:15)Bibio Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 21:22)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 20:31)spencerjford Wrote: @Bibio couldn't you also just use process HDR content by usin gpixel shader math, setting peak nits, and making sure "send HDR metadata to display is checked?
 That only works if your display doesn't activate its own tone mapping. This won't work for everyone. Mostly, the gamma can be changed and maybe some of the values will be further compressed. I am betting this only works with a few displays. They are pretty dumb when it comes to tone mapping, even when madVR changes the metadata to say that it has been compressed already. The display may not interpret this metadata correctly.

There is no nits value in the profile logic. Although, I don't quite understand what you are trying to do.   
 i use madVR with FULL Group Profiles and Profiles within the groups. this gives me pretty much full control within madVR for each video content type.

there are only two types of content that give me headaches, the first being HDR 4K due to the nits values and very old DVD's that are very poor quality dating back to pretty much when DVD first came out.

if i could set different profiles that were dependant on media PQ then it would make life a lot easier and this is what i'm trying to achieve.

a little question that i'm also confused about. with me being in the UK are all my DVD's classed as PAL?  
 You can't do anything in madVR to influence the HDR tone mapping of your display besides creating an HDR 3DLUT. I don't know why most of your videos get better with the "Auto" color space. It must do some improper gamut conversions, otherwise.

And, yes, I would assume all of your DVDs are PAL in the UK. They should be 25 fps rather than 23.976 fps.
@goofer69 he doesn't visit/comment on the tread any more.  just pops on when he decides to post a new version, like when kodi updates!
(2018-04-11, 23:51)mkohman Wrote: Thank you.. What is FLIRC?
 its a usb remote control dongle device that can map any button on any remote for your computer. i have the flirc se and is superb. it dont work too well with LG remotes though as LG use OSD mapped to some of the function buttons you need for kodi. its blooody annoying.

the flirc se can turn your computer fully off/on just like the power button.
(2018-04-12, 00:02)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 22:15)Bibio Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 21:22)Warner306 Wrote:  That only works if your display doesn't activate its own tone mapping. This won't work for everyone. Mostly, the gamma can be changed and maybe some of the values will be further compressed. I am betting this only works with a few displays. They are pretty dumb when it comes to tone mapping, even when madVR changes the metadata to say that it has been compressed already. The display may not interpret this metadata correctly.

There is no nits value in the profile logic. Although, I don't quite understand what you are trying to do.   
 i use madVR with FULL Group Profiles and Profiles within the groups. this gives me pretty much full control within madVR for each video content type.

there are only two types of content that give me headaches, the first being HDR 4K due to the nits values and very old DVD's that are very poor quality dating back to pretty much when DVD first came out.

if i could set different profiles that were dependant on media PQ then it would make life a lot easier and this is what i'm trying to achieve.

a little question that i'm also confused about. with me being in the UK are all my DVD's classed as PAL?   

And, yes, I would assume all of your DVDs are PAL in the UK. They should be 25 fps rather than 23.976 fps. 
 that would be 25hz to 50hz though would it not or am i thinking about TV broadcast interlaced?

just like NTFS is 60hz so their DVD format is 30hz?
(2018-04-12, 00:37)Bibio Wrote:
(2018-04-12, 00:02)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 22:15)Bibio Wrote:  i use madVR with FULL Group Profiles and Profiles within the groups. this gives me pretty much full control within madVR for each video content type.

that would be 25hz to 50hz though would it not or am i thinking about TV broadcast interlaced?

just like NTFS is 60hz so their DVD format is 30hz?  
Don't have any more than one DVD to know how they are interpreted by a modern video renderer. Here are the specs from my set up manual:

DVD:
  • Resolution: 720 x 480 -> 720 x 576
  • Frame rate: 24/25 fps -> 29.97 fps
  • Signal Type: interlaced
  • Codec: MPEG-2 (H.262), MPEG-1
  • Color Space: Y'CbCr Limited (16-235)
  • Chroma Subsampling: 4:2:0
  • Bit depth: 8-bits (per color)
  • Primaries: Rec. 601 (EBU/PAL/SMPTE-C)
  • Peak Luminance: 100 nits

I am pretty sure madVR decimates the 29.97 interlaced source and makes it into 23.976 fps. PAL DVDs, on the other hand, they must be converted from 25 fps interlaced to 50 fps progressive. So one does inverse telecine, the other does regular deinterlacing. I could be wrong, though.
yup, uk dvd PAL is 25i.

for upscaling to 2160p would be 50hz i think.
(2018-04-12, 00:02)spencerjford Wrote: @goofer69 he doesn't visit/comment on the tread any more.  just pops on when he decides to post a new version, like when kodi updates!
 Yeah, that's why I included the et al, hoping someone else had any insight on my inquires. Guess I'll have to wait until 18 final is released. Thanks for the reply...
(2018-03-22, 11:28)ashlar Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 23:28)Gee11 Wrote: mclingo   with madVR there is Full HDR Support. And Kodi 18 has good improvements in live TV part. And Netflix Addon is only working with Kodi 18..
Considering the Netflix addon is a "legit" one, if I'm not mistaken (ie. it requires you have a payed for subscription), would you be so kind as to point me to the website that hosts it? Thank you. 
https://steemit.com/utopian-io/@asmr-aus...ntegrieren

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...50d3b6e4b9
(2018-04-13, 12:44)Gee11 Wrote:
(2018-03-22, 11:28)ashlar Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 23:28)Gee11 Wrote: mclingo   with madVR there is Full HDR Support. And Kodi 18 has good improvements in live TV part. And Netflix Addon is only working with Kodi 18..
Considering the Netflix addon is a "legit" one, if I'm not mistaken (ie. it requires you have a payed for subscription), would you be so kind as to point me to the website that hosts it? Thank you.  
https://steemit.com/utopian-io/@asmr-aus...ntegrieren

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...50d3b6e4b9 
Many thanks!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2018-04-12, 00:33)Bibio Wrote:
(2018-04-11, 23:51)mkohman Wrote: Thank you.. What is FLIRC?
 its a usb remote control dongle device that can map any button on any remote for your computer. i have the flirc se and is superb. it dont work too well with LG remotes though as LG use OSD mapped to some of the function buttons you need for kodi. its blooody annoying.

the flirc se can turn your computer fully off/on just like the power button. 
Cool, I can do this with my Harmoney remote too without FLIRC Smile Thanks anyway!
(2018-03-07, 20:58)MaxMan23 Wrote: Hi there,

can someone compile a Kodi v18 Leia - Alpha Version, please? :-)
 +1
Why ther is not a  Leia version for DsPlayer?
@bruceas because we don't have an active developer.
@Warner306 

You helped me out with my issues related to bitstreaming Dolby and delay, so here's what I found out, hoping I can help someone else with this information.

- I enabled bitstreaming for DTS, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus. Apparently, the B&W Panorama 2 only supports Dolby Digital, not the Plus variety. DSPlayer + Sanear probably recognised this and added the Microsoft filter to decode DD+ into LPCM. This, however, broke the audio delay setting.

- Because the test file for Dolby TrueHD (decoded into LPCM) played through all channels I naturally assumed multichannel LPCM was supported by the soundbar. This is not the case. The Sanear audio renderer actually downmixes into stereo PCM, even though I select "exclusive mode" and "ignore system channel mixer", and disable the LAV Audio mixer. The first hint of this was that, even though I could here all regular channels,  the LFE channel was silent. This is because this is the normal behaviour of downmixing multichannel into stereo.

- If I use Reclock audio renderer and output multichannel LPCM, it will give an error saying the device does not support 6-channel LPCM. This means the Panorama really does not support multichannel LPCM.

- I went through the process of trying AC3Filter to get live encoding LPCM into AC3, so that I at least get 6 discrete channels of audio to my receiver, albeit lossy/compressed. Then I found out that Reclock also has this feature, so I removed AC3Filter and used the AC3 Encoding feature of Reclock.

- Finally, I found out about these "Realtek HD unlocked drivers" that will enable both Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive/Connect on a system-wide level (not just Kodi). This means I could even get surround sound from games. The downside is that I have to use an optical SPDIF cable to the soundbar instead of HDMI.

So now I have bitstreaming of DTS and Dolby Digital, and everything else is decoded to LPCM by LAV and then encoded to DTS by the Realtek driver. While I would have preferred bitstreaming everything, or at least multichannel LPCM, I doubt that I would hear the difference with this setup. It's just a matter of convenience.

Thank you for your help, hope this can help anyone else.
bivab, I get zero usefulness from your post but I commend you and thank you for writing it. Too often people use forums only to look for solutions to their problems and never come back to tell others how they solved those problems.

So thank you, bravo, etc. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 407(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47