• 409(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
where have you placed the playerfactory.xml. in c programs x86 - kodi or in the appdata - kodi path?

have you tried playing without the .bat file and instead place the path of mpc-be.exe in the player path.

if mpc-be can play iso and 3d natively then there should be no need to use a batch file.

it might be a good idea to put the code up that you have in your batch file.

if all your 3d iso are 1-1 original copies then they should be able to be converted to .mkv no problem using makemkv depending on what you used originally to rip them.
from my experience it only takes a few min to transfer .iso to .mkv with makemkv.
(2018-04-23, 14:40)Bibio Wrote: where have you placed the playerfactory.xml. in c programs x86 - kodi or in the appdata - kodi path?

have you tried playing without the .bat file and instead place the path of mpc-be.exe in the player path.

if mpc-be can play iso and 3d natively then there should be no need to use a batch file.

it might be a good idea to put the code up that you have in your batch file.

if all your 3d iso are 1-1 original copies then they should be able to be converted to .mkv no problem using makemkv depending on what you used originally to rip them.
from my experience it only takes a few min to transfer .iso to .mkv with makemkv.
 I put playercorefactory.xml under the appdata path.

I also tried just haviing the mbc-be .exe instead of the batch file. But no difference. Mpc-be still takes over as the default player.  I do need a batch file as I need the batch file to turn 3d on and off for the nvidia desktop.

I have a lot of 3d isos and really have no interest in converting them now thanks.

Seems like it should be pretty straight forward to have mpc-be as an external player for my 3d files and dsplayer for the rest.

Maybe there's a bug with the build I'm running? I'm running kodi-17.5-Krypton_DSPlayer-x64.exe as this was recommended to me for running the aeon.madnox skin which I like a lot.
(2018-03-10, 15:33)Bibio Wrote: but i still have one bug. occasionally the resolution of kodi will drop to 800x600 when i exit the external player after playing HDR content. so far all other content seems fine.
without using madvr everything works perfect but obviously no HDR switching of 4k content.
Hello.

I have exactly the same problem, I can not fix it.

1) I'm using Kodi 17.6 + external player (MPC-BE x64, for all movies by "playercorefactory" configured) + LAVFilters x64 + MadVR (x64)
System: WIN10 x64 with all newly updates and video card 1080Ti.

2) Previously, on the usual SD-content, everything was always in order.
But with the advent of HDR there was a big problem that I can not solve.

3) Very often, after I stop the HDR movie in the MPC-BE player and close MPC-BE,
the KODI shell is returned, but it does not start at the normal 4K resolution (in which it defaults to me, this is the native resolution of my OLED 65E7),
but Kodi resets the resolution to the horrible "square" 800x600.

4) This does not happen every time i start HDR movies. Sometimes two or three times I can press stop in MPC-BE, it closes and then Kodi returns with normal resolution (4K).
But, sooner or later, after the next stop of the 4K-HDR-movie, I definitely see these 800x600.
Sometimes right after the first stop.

5) If i exit Kodi after that, the desktop automatically returns from 800x600 to the normal resolution, the desktop of Windows 10 again becomes 4K.
If i then start KODI again, it opens normally, at the correct resolution.

6) This only happens with HDR-content. On any other (SD, 720p, 1080p) - KODI does not have such a problem, it always returns the previous resolution, never set 800x600.

What to do? I've already broken my head, tried various settings of KODI, MPC-BE and MadVR, but nothing helps.
Here is my full log file, taken after KODI once again dropped the resolution to 800x600 after watching the HDR-movie.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/jCTxN58pWZ/

I think the most important part is this one.
It can be seen that KODI, after closing the HDR-movie, lost the screen and restored it as Generic with a resolution of 800x600.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/FsGgsvKv27/

Why is this happening? Why 800x600?
Why only with HDR, then everything else always work correctly?

The main thing is how to fix it?

I will be very grateful for the help and advice.
ausvette,

Perhaps DSPlayer does not behave like the official KODI version when it comes to playercorefactory.xml with .bat files although I highly doubt it.
What you describe sounds just like how buggy KODI v.18 is presently behaving but I see you are using v.17.5 which should be compatible.
You could try use a fullscreen window enabled and disabled to see if that makes a difference.  I use it enabled with the official version of KODI.

I'm a little confused when you say MPC-BE does not require mounting an iso to read it?  That's impossible.  MPC-BE needs to get into the file structure and can't accomplish this on its own.  It requires help from W10 or an external program to read the contents of the iso either by mounting it or unpacking it.  The reason PowerDVD does this is because it has it's own mounting built in.  You will notice the mount in Windows Explorer once you minimize PowerDVD during playback.  MPC-BE cannot do this.

Since MPC-BE is listed in 'play using' as the default player, it should open and play but DSP opens instead as a fallback player it appears.  So most likely your play3D.bat is not directing to MPC-HC for some reason.  Post your .bat.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-04-23, 15:27)Memorado Wrote: Why is this happening? Why 800x600?

you need to use advanceguisettings.xml and put a another value to height and width (go check wiki).
Kodi don't change to videoplayer(internal) after launch a external player, it's a bug, not fix in v18
(2018-04-22, 22:06)Shogunreaper Wrote: how can i change vobsub font size?

i already tried by going into xysubfiler but it does nothing.
 A quick Google search says you can't. VobSub's are embedded bitmap graphics and not independent subtitle files.
(2018-04-23, 15:27)Memorado Wrote: Why is this happening? Why 800x600?
Why only with HDR, then everything else always work correctly?

The main thing is how to fix it?

I will be very grateful for the help and advice. 
 Did you try setting Kodi to use a fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen? This usually fixes these problems.
(2018-04-23, 06:11)ausvette Wrote: But for whatever reason it seems for me creating a playercorefactory.xml file, results in the new player being the new default player. Instead of being used when the rules match.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!
This might be something that wasn't tested by aracnoz. I can also launch external players using Play using but I've never tried any rules. MPC-HC is not the default player despite the presence of a playercorefactory.xml.

The only other explanation is your files are not named correctly. Try creating a rule for file types and see if DSPlayer honours that. You need to determine if the filename rule is the issue or if rules in general are ignored. Remove the rule and see if MPC is launched automatically. It's too hard to tell what's wrong with what you've provided.
i could not get kodi + an external player (mpc-be) + nividia 1050ti to work properly with 4k hdr content.
this is why i use kodi-dsplayer which i have configure to be pretty much solid with the occasional hdr switching on stop not turning off.

i can however get an external player (mpc-be) to work perfectly outside kodi but when integrated its buggy with the main one being returning to the kodi GUI after stop of playback.

all versions of kodi 64bit that i have used are buggy so should be avoided.
(2018-04-23, 16:21)brazen1 Wrote: I'm a little confused when you say MPC-BE does not require mounting an iso to read it?  That's impossible.
nope mpc-be does mount ISO for playback. i have just checked it with a tv show DVD.ISO and it also allows navigation. my mpc-be is also using madVR.
(2018-04-23, 20:00)Bibio Wrote: i could not get kodi + an external player (mpc-be) + nividia 1050ti to work properly with 4k hdr content.
this is why i use kodi-dsplayer which i have configure to be pretty much solid with the occasional hdr switching on stop not turning off.

i can however get an external player (mpc-be) to work perfectly outside kodi but when integrated its buggy with the main one being returning to the kodi GUI after stop of playback.

all versions of kodi 64bit that i have used are buggy so should be avoided.
Others have not shared your conclusions.  Btw, thanks a bunch for that.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 thanks a bunch for what?
I have no trouble using MPC-HC as an external player. I am always launching it using Play using and have Kodi set to a fullscreen window. Both stop and exit in MPC-HC are programmed to the same key. It has yet to fail.

The issue here might be with DSPlayer respecting rules. Different rules should be tried.
I honestly don't know if anyone would be interested, but I added a section to the madVR set up manual titled A Technical Discussion on HDR Tone Mapping Methods.

Found within "hdr," it describes how madVR's tone mapping works. I put it together on the weekend. It's definitely not for everyone, but summarizes the process of tone mapping for HDR or SDR displays. It is based on madshi's posts to users on AVSForums. If the technical accuracy can be improved, great...
  • 409(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47